• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Razorwind Gulch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
razorp.png

Features:
- Save/Load system
- Quest system
- Many unique bossfights
- More than 150 items
- Beautiful terrain
- Playable in two modes:
> Hero Defense
> Only Bossfights

Story:

3002pg1236219479.png

In the past, the Horde referred to the orcs and their battle thralls from both Draenor and Azeroth, such as trolls and ogres. Following its utter defeat at the end of the Second War, the Horde's dark power was broken, allowing Thrall to awaken the dormant spirituality of his people and free them from the Burning Legion's control.

During the events of the Third War, Thrall has made lasting bonds with the tauren chief Cairne Bloodhoof and the troll shadowhunter Vol'jin of the Darkspear clan. The ties between the three races is very close, as both share many similar cultural views. With the help of the tauren, both the orcs and the tribe of trolls have established a place for themselves in Kalimdor. Since then, certain ogre tribes chosen to affiliate themselves with the Horde.

The Horde won many wars , but now they have to fight once more. The remaining forces of the Legion , Scourge , Naga and the Forces of Nature founded an alliance to get revenge for their fallen leaders. Now the warriors of the Horde have to prepare for the final battle...

Gameplay:

robinnichtlschen.png

- 30 waves. Every 5th wave will be a random boss(Naga , Demon , Undead or Creature)There are a total of 30 different bosses.
- Every wave is at a single area. The reason is that it is supposted to boost teamplay.
- Some waves will be divided into up to 3 stages. Stage 2 will spawn another kind of creep(example: stage 1 were ghouls, stage 2 will be ghouls+ necromancers). Stage 3 will contain some elite creeps which might even drop items
- But sometimes the next wave will start before the previous wave has ended. The team has to split then.
- At the beginning of each wave you will be supported by some soldiers.
- Different difficulties(Easy , Medium , Hard and Very Hard)
- The fountain will change it color based on % of life left. This will not only look fancy, but will also affect the gameplay. 100%= purple= 100% of X regen, 75%= blue= 75% of X regen, 50%= green= 50% of X regen, 50%= red= 25% of X regen.
- A quest system for the village which will allow to get unique items for your hero or which will improve the power of the aiding troops
- Save codes for items. --> bosses will drop stronger items based on the difficulty.

Heroes:

Right now we are planning to add 9 heroes.

Finished Concepts: 5/9

- Shaman
- Assasin
- Necromancer
- Goblin Engineer
- Voodoo Priest

Voruk (Orc Gladiator)

Attribute: Strength
Role: Tank/Supporter

ddddd.png

Coming soon.

--------------------------------------------

Morgo (Ogre Brute)

dfdq.png

Role: Tank

Coming soon.

Valorm (Tauren Naturalist)

refrfrtf.png

Role: Tank/Healer/DamageDealer

Coming soon.

Rahka Flinteye (Orc Assassin)

refrfrtf.png

Attribute: Agility
Role: DamageDealer

Weapon Mastery(Passiv)
abilityroguewaylay.jpg

The Assassin becomes familiar with her weapons strengths and weaknesses, it increases the amount of damage her weapon deals. Increases the Attack Speed of the Assassin by 3% +3% for every combat counter.
Concentration
abilityroguefocusedatta.jpg

The Assassin concentrates on her next attack, letting her deal extra damage. Increases the Assassin's next attack's damage by x, and creates one combat counter.
Swift Slice
abilityroguecuttothecha.jpg

The Assassin attacks with incredible swiftness, attacking mutiple units at once on her next attack. Creates one combat counter.
Poisened Dagger
abilityroguedisembowel.jpg

Throws a poisoned dagger on a targeted unit reducing it's Attack Speed and Move Speed by 50% for 10 seconds.
Shadow Technique
abilityrogueshadowstep.jpg

The Assassin uses a special technique known as the Shadow Techinque, making her invisible for 5 seconds, and an additional 5 seconds for each combat counter she has, and increases her Damage by 20 with an additional 10 for every counter. Resets the number of your current combat counters to zero.

Zal'akir (Berserker)

refrfrtf.png

Role: DamageDealer/Supporter

Coming soon.

Rethor (Orc Shaman)

ogre.png

Role: DamageDealer/Healer

Cobra Reflexes(Passiv)
spellnaturepoisoncleans.jpg

The Shaman's relativity to a serpent is so close that he has a 20% chance to increase the Shaman's agility by X for 10 seconds whenever he attacks.
Manalink
spellshamanspiritlink.jpg

Increases the Shamans and the targets mana regeneration by 1% x Agi for 20 seconds.
Chain Heal
spellnaturehealingwavel.jpg

The Shaman's hands are full of power, it can heal up to four friendly targets for X+(2xAgility), but reducing each individual target's amount of health restored by 20%.
Spirit Regeneration
spellnaturewispsplodegr.jpg

Renew's a target's wounded soul, healing a friendly target for X and Y over 15 seconds; and also amplifying your next Shamanic Touch cast within 15 seconds by 25%, but removing the healing over time effect on the target.
Storm , Earth ... or Fire !(Ultimate)
spellnaturelightningove.jpg

Summons a storm , earth or fire totem. Last for 25 seconds.
- Storm: Increases the Attack Speed of all allied heroes by 50%.
- Earth: Increases the health of all allied heroes by 150, and health regeneration by 5%.
- Fire: Ignites nearby air, damaging all nearby enemies by 10 health per second.

Valdan (Orc Necromancer)

refrfrtf.png

Attribute: Inteligence
Role: DamageDealer

Summon Minion
abilitywarlockempowered.jpg

The necromancer summons one of his dark creatures to aid him in battle. Each of them has different abilities.
Plague
spellshadowcreepingplag.jpg

The Necromancer sends out a swarm of horrific insects at a target, and moving to the next target after a few bites. The will fly back to the caster after X seconds and heal him for the amount of damage dealt.
Nether Void
abilitywarlockeverlasti.jpg

The Necromancer sends out a swarm of horrific insects at a target, and moving to the next target after a few bites. The will fly back to the caster after X seconds and heal him for the amount of damage dealt.
Dark Devour(Passiv)
abilitywarlockimproveds.jpg

The Necromancer reaps his enemy's soul after killing him, and increases his damage by 5% of his current life after killing his enemy. Lasts for 20 seconds.
Blood Ritual(Ultimate)
abilitywarlockdemonicpo.jpg

The Necromancer gives away 75% of his current life to increase the Damage of his minion by 200%, it's life by 750, it's Attack Speed by 80% and it's Move Speed by 100%. Lasts 20 seconds.

Mak'Jin (Voodoo Priest)

refrfrtf.png

Role: Healer

Voodoo Spirits(Passive)
spellholyretribution.jpg

Gives Mak'Jin the chance to summon a spirit everytime he casts a spell.The spirits flie around the priest until he realeses them to heal all allied units and damage all enemy units in range for X points.
Max 5 spirits.
Holy Touch
spellholychastise.jpg

Heals a friendly target for X hitpoints and increases its armor by x for 15 seconds.
Voodoo Doll
invmisctoy01.jpg

Mak'Jin summons a voodoo doll and connects it with a friend or a foe.
Allied unit: When Mak'Jin heals the doll the connected units gets healed by the same amount + X %
Enemy unit: When Mak'Jin attacks the doll the connected unit gets the same amount of damage + X %.
Hymne of Rastakhan
spellholyblessedlife.jpg

Heals every unit in range for x points over 6 seconds and increases their attackdamage by 20%
The dark side of Voodoo!
spellshadowdemonicempat.jpg

Mak'Jin uses his voodoo magic to take the control of an enemy unit. The controlled unit will protect him for X seconds.

High Tinker Tek (Goblin Engineer)

refrfrtf.png

Role: DamageDealer/Support

Goblin Bomb Dispenser(Passiv)
invgizmo07.jpg

As one of the best Tinkers in Azeroth Tek is able to build a bomb dispenser that gives a bomb to Tek every 30 seconds.
Max 10 bombs.
Schematic: VX-T78
invscroll05.jpg

Tek summons a mighty wargolem to aid him in battle. It cannot move or attack until Tek charges its battery.
Battery Charge
abilityvehicleelectroch.jpg

Tek hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing X damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Can also be used for loading VX-T78's battery.
Goblin Sapper Charge
invgizmosupersapperchar.jpg

The Tinker gives away x % of his life to damage all units around him for X damage.
Living-Bombs(Ultimate)
invmiscenggizmos32.jpg

Tek uses his engineering skills to build walkable bombs out of his normal bombs. Summons 1 Living-Bomb + X for every bomb in Teks inventory.
Each bomb deals X damage to all enemies within 10 yards.

Screenshots:

Thats only the base terrain , we will update it soon.

user128728pic1687112510.jpg

390316104273f7cdeae5.jpg

Model WIPs

Goblin Tinker
user128728pic2899712741.jpg

by DonDustin

Tauren Naturalist
user128728pic3068112761.jpg

by DonDustin

Living Bomb
user128728pic3089312764.jpg

by DonDustin

Current Team:

DonDustin(Project Leader) - Ideas, Models
General Frank - Support
Malcous - Ideas , Terrain , Concepts , 2D Art
xxdingo93xx - Jasser
M0rbid - Terrain , Ideas

Recruiment:

We are searching for these positions:

- 2D Artist

Last edited:
sounds like a nice idea.

but I suggest to find some better hero classes. those standards like priest, rogue and mage
are quite boring. This would give something original to it.

- Many different bossfights
v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v
- 30 waves. Every 10th wave will be a boss level.
make more bosses or change that sentence :p

-> okay this is clear now. Malcous add it in the description.

@ terrain: Can't see much at it atm, but looks a bit flat in my opinion.
But it's top view, and hard to see. Maybe some closer screenies?

Level 26
as a note: this was my hero concept list, because I do not like those generic WoW classes names aswell, and so do parts of the hero concepts itself

Ogre-Brute (tank)-> custom model
Tauren-Totem Carrier (tank+disable)-> ingame model
Orc-Thief (melee dmg)-> custom model
Troll-Berserker (ranged dmg)-> ingame model
Orc-Necromancer (single target dmg+summons)-> custom model
Troll-Mage (aoe dmg)-> custom model
Goblin-Engeneer (support+dmg)-> custom model
Orc-Shaman (support+heal)-> ingame model
Tauren-Priest (heal)-> custom model

oh and the terrain you see is of 1 of my old maps, but which I deleted by accident for some reason( I did not even noticed it).

Level 9
Send me the map and I can work on the terrain for you.
I will use custom models if that is ok?

Level 9
Well no not really :S I have just installed Windows 7 on my computer and just finished installing WC3 and Newgen and some addons... So I have sort of nothing to show at the moment :/

Level 13
Well no not really :S I have just installed Windows 7 on my computer and just finished installing WC3 and Newgen and some addons... So I have sort of nothing to show at the moment :/

Mmmmmm , could you make something in the next days? :D

Level 3
I really like that shaman concept , cant wait to see the others. Awesome ogre model !

Hey , could you show us an example of your skills? :)

Sorry for my late answer , will show you something within the next days.

Level 3
Looks good, but the Necromancer don't have necro powers...
I mean, he cann't animate the deads or summon skeletons...
He looks like a Warlock!

Bump!

I have a few suggestions and renaming and rediscribing the skills you've made.

Weapon Flexibility (Passive)
The Assassin becomes familiar with her weapons strengths and weaknesses, it increases the amount of damage her weapon deals. Increases the Attack Speed of the Assassin by 3% +3% for every combat counter.

Concentration
The Assassin concentrates on her next attack, letting her deal extra damage. Increases the Assassin's next attack's damage by x, and creates one combat counter.

Swift Slice
The Assassin attacks with incredible swiftness, attacking mutiple units at once on her next attack. Creates one combat counter.

Poisoned Needle
Throws a poisoned needle on a targeted unit reducing it's Attack Speed and Move Speed by 50% for 10 seconds.

Shadow Technique (Ultimate)
The Assassin uses a special technique known as the Shadow Techinque, making her invisible for 5 seconds, and an additional 5 seconds for each combat counter she has, and increases her Damage by 20 with an additional 10 for every counter. Resets the number of your current combat counters to zero.

Serpent's Strike (Passive)
The Shaman's relativity to a serpent is so close that he has a 20% chance to increase the Shaman's agility by X for 10 seconds whenever he attacks.

Spiritual Enlightenment
The Shaman decreases the burden on his allies' spirits, making them restore mana faster. The mana regeneration depends on 1% of the target's Agility, and lasts for 20 seconds.

Shamanic Touch
The Shaman's hands are full of power, it can heal up to four friendly targets for X+(2xAgility), but reducing each individual target's amount of health restored by 20%.

Soul Renewal
Renew's a target's wounded soul, healing a friendly target for X and Y over 15 seconds; and also amplifying your next Shamanic Touch cast within 15 seconds by 25%, but removing the healing over time effect on the target.

Storm, Earth, ... Or Fire! (Ultimate)
The Shaman cannot control such a powerful spell, making him cast either a Storm, Earth or Fire totem. Each totem lasts 30 seconds.
- Storm: Increases the Attack Speed of all allied heroes by 50%.
- Earth: Increases the health of all allied heroes by 150, and health regeneration by 5%.
- Fire: Ignites nearby air, damaging all nearby enemies by 10 health per second.

Minion Call
The Necromancer summons one of his dark creatures to aid him in battle. Each one has different abilities at their disposal.

Plague

Void of Exile
Creates a Void of Exile at an area, which will trap all enemies within it's range, removing them from existence for Y seconds; dealing X damage x Seconds of disappearing. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Soul Reap (Passive)
The Necromancer reaps his enemy's soul after killing him, and increases his damage by 5% of his current life after killing his enemy. Lasts for 20 seconds.

Sacrifice (Ultimate)
The Necromancer gives away 75% of his current mana to increase the Damage of his minion by 200%, it's life by 750, it's Attack Speed by 80% and it's Move Speed by 100%. Lasts 20 seconds.
I tried to make the skills as balanced and as fitting on the icons you had as much as possible.

Level 26
right now we only made a rough design of how the skill descriptions will look like, but thank you for your work.

oh and here is a small update from me for those who are interested: right now I am actively working on the Goblin Engineer model. This is the current progress http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/128728-albums637-picture28997.html.
Following things are left to do: He will get some kind of plasma tesla coil pistol in the left hand, which also still misses just like the right one. Then he will also get a backpack similar to the tinker, but the difference will be that it won't transform into a tank, but into something like a robot suit which will copy all the moves that the engineer does. That way his attacks will be much stronger and will also gain range. (as a note I should state that such a skill like I have just described it isn't planned)

Additionally I also have some vague ideas how the Tauren Naturalist and the Orc Necro will look like.
But what I can already tell you is that the tauren will be inspired by an Indian chief, with feathers etc and heavily connected with the earth. Maybe a bit like http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=samwise&cat=warcraft&art=75 & http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=samwise&cat=warcraft&art=59.
The orc might get some similarities to this concept art http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=samwise&cat=warcraft&art=74

Level 22
You are mean Don not telling me about this!

I wish you the best of luck team. You have a vJasser so partly you wont need me and I am also struck by the same argument as dingo.

EDIT:

I also saw that most abilities uses some kind of "increasing X stats/regen by Y value/percent". I bet dingo will have to use Earth-Fury's BonusMod ALOT.

Also Poisoned Dagger, I made some what alike spell, mine did damage yours do slow, can change it if you want and give it to you (70% JASS, made in GUI with custom scripts and recycling indexing).

Level 13
Also Poisoned Dagger, I made some what alike spell, mine did damage yours do slow, can change it if you want and give it to you (70% JASS, made in GUI with custom scripts and recycling indexing).

That would be great :D

Level 26
You are mean Don not telling me about this!

I wish you the best of luck team. You have a vJasser so partly you wont need me and I am also struck by the same argument as dingo.

EDIT:

I also saw that most abilities uses some kind of "increasing X stats/regen by Y value/percent". I bet dingo will have to use Earth-Fury's BonusMod ALOT.

we could always need a second coder :>
Oh and sry that I forgot to tell you about it, but in 1 of your threads you said that you were busy so I did not bothered to inform you :/

Status
Not open for further replies.