• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Actually a little break wouldn't be that bad. It's not so much the ideas that I am needing the most, it's the motivation and time to work for more then 10-20 minutes at a time. And weekends are when I'm most busy, so that would be perfect. It would definatly get things done faster.

What do you mean by that, Crazy Cow? Do you mean that you can make some buildings, find some, or get some one else to make some? Which ever one, that would be great.

Well hopefully (it's hard to predict how much free time I will have) this weekend I will be able to send you and Misha the map with what I got so far. I want to get as much as possible done before the 19th because I have a friend coming to visit for a few weeks and I won't have much time to work on it. So you can expect at least a test map by the 19th. And during that time maybe someone else could continue working on it till I am able to work on it again.

Level 15
Vacation, no. I will have time to check this group daily. I just won't have time to sit down and work on the race much. Normally when ever I have plans through out the day, the only thing warcraft related that I am motivated to do is check this site. And since we will be having a blast 24/7 I won't have the motivation to sit down and mod. I'd prefer to be hanging with him. Don't worry I'll be here.

Level 10
I'll try to make some buildings for you, and perhaps some units. What do you need?
By the way, when you send me your WIP I need to know what it is you need from me, and if I'm allowed to make my own little adjustments. Will you have that info on the map, or send it to me?

Level 15
All of them. lol. I have some current place holders for buildings but the don't suit the race.

At the top of the list of needed buildings would be the altar. It would have to be something that shows all four elements on one building.

Level 15
Personally I like Crazy Cow's concept more. The circle of power as a base wouldn't look like much of an altar.

Level 15
Well, Here is a quick concept art of an idea for the town hall. Opinions. (on the concept, obviously not on the art. The art is crap.)

Level 15
Any takers? lol (for making it, that is)

And yes the main and the altar will be the only ones with orbs. Those are the only two buildings that need to represent all 4 elements in one. And orbs are the easiest way to show this.

Although I did have another idea (that wouldn't really be a building) that uses the orbs. And that is for the elemental seed. The elemental seed would be a crystal model. All units except Helot and Adherent will be created from there. If, for example, you choose to train a fire elemental then the crystal would turn into a fire orb throughout the training process. Once the fire unit is finished being trained then the orb will be destroyed. So then it gives the appearance that the fire elemental is being created from an egg of fire. I think that it would look cool. Opinions.

Level 13
It's a cool concept, though you'd have to trigger the various train animations according to which unit is being trained and then stop them manually. But, again, it's a badass idea.

EDIT: You may also edit some spells with gold and lumber cost and use them to train the units, thus setting the animations in the spells, but it does seem, like, overkill for that.

Well, unless the orb is really cheap and fast to build, or the soldiers are really strong, than it is a bit unfair on the elementals. Maybe you should have a few buildings, and the orbs can serve as 'houses'. For each orb you build of a certain element, you may build # more units with the corresponding element. e.g. If I build 2 orbs of fire, I can train 8 fire soldiers.

Level 15
the Elemental seeds don't take any time at all (nor have cost, think zerg). Every 30 seconds of the game a new seed is created. But if that proves to be too long while testing then I will decrease that.

That is kind of like Misha's idea except the number and level of units depends on the number of towers.

Level 15
Btw, I still need names for basic melee (earth), siege (earth), light flying unit (air), and second spellcaster (air). Any ideas?

Level 15
Mud golem is very unnoriginal.
Neltharian Brawler is the advanced melee.
Earthshatter sounds more like an ability then a name. But for now i'll use it.
We have too many fire units. Siege needs to be earth.
Tempest. Perfect, I think I remember someone suggesting that one already. I just forgot about it. But do you think that the word 'tempest' (a violent storm) would work on it's own as a unit name or should we add something to it? (something like Tempest mage.)
Gust Spirit would probably suit best.

Status
Not open for further replies.