• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This is for general discussion and idea generation for races that you are working on. Talk about your race here. Get ideas and suggestions from other members. If you like an idea and decide to use it, then go back to Race Projects and edit your post. Please be sure to announce (here) that you edited your post. Because we aren't go to read over all the info in Race Projects daily to see if anything was changed.

Level 15
So to get this discussion active lets get started.

For elementals, here are some of the units and abilities.

Adherent - Basic worker, can build and harvest gold, (Water)
Helot - Secondary worker, can harvest lumber, (Fire)

Blazing Zealot - Basic Ranged unit, (Fire)
  • Luminate - The blazing zealot burns with such intensity that the light produced from it's body becomes so intense that it blinds enemy units. Makes nearby enemy units 10% more likely to miss an attack.

Pyre Caster - Powerful spellcaster (Fire)
  • -Conflagration - Adds a negative buff on an enemy unit that damages him over time.
  • -Combustion - Adds a buff to an enemy unit. When that unit dies, it explodes damaging nearby enemy units.

More will come later

Level 15
Hmmm, sounds interesting. I might have to think about that.

These are some more that are done. I just need names. And ideas for abilities. The goal is not to use any word twice in ability or unit names.

Basic melee (earth)

Spellcaster (Air)
  • Healing Zephyr - Sends a healing wind that regenerates the hitpoints of allied units withing an area.
  • Purifying winds - Removes all negative buffs from a target location.

Advanced melee (earth)

Light flyer (Air)

Ember Dragon (fire)
  • Scintilation - Distracts nearby enemy units making them all look at the Ember dragon and stop attacking for a few seconds.

So, any ideas for the ones that don't have names or for some abilities?

Level 15
In my opinion they don't fit in with the rest of the elementals. Lore-wise they do, but not in appearance. They look way out of place.

Level 15
Come on people. I need ideas. Mostly for spells.

I need names for:
  • Earth Hero
  • Water Hero
  • Lightning Hero
  • Basic melee (earth)
  • Advanced melee (earth)
  • Light flying unit (air)
  • Spell caster (air)

Abilities for:
  • Earth Hero (2 more, 1 of them needs to be ultimate)
  • Water hero (3 more, already have ultimate)
  • basic melee (1-2, earth)
  • Advanced melee unit (1, earth)
  • Weak flying unit (1-2, air)
  • Pyre Caster (1, final spell)
  • Spell Caster (1, final spell)

Level 15
Lightning hero: yes, that'll do
Light air: not 100% sure about but maybe
Adv. melee: I dont think using proper names for units is such a good idea.

Level 15
I don't need proper names atm. But I might use that for coming up with proper names for heroes.

Level 15
Air spell caster has healing. (Healing Zephyr)

Hmm, that moon well idea might work. I will have to tweak it a bit to make it more original, though.

Level 15
Well, I already have the spell ideas so we don't have to worry about that. Tide Lord won't work because "Lord" is used in fire lord. I don't want to use any words twice. "Cloud" in my opinion would be more for air. However the word "Tide" or "Tidal" is a good idea. Something like Tidal Mage.

Another busy week for me. Today I finally had time to do stuff. I went through the elemental discussion and took out some things that I either might or will include in the race.

Atm, I am completely done 9 out of 11 units and 2 out of 4 heroes. Now I will start working on buildings and upgrades.

Level 15
Perfect. I needed a name for it's missle ability. That'll do fine. The water hero will also have a healing ability. Names?
"Diluge" will be the ultimate, which basically submerges everything in an area under water dealing damage over time. It will be similar to the "Earthquake" ability.

Level 15
Water Hero
-Cleansing Waters - Healing Ability
-Rogue Tide - Missle
-????
-Diluge - Ultimate

I need one more. Will probably be passive. Like an aura or something

Level 15
Updated list

I need names for:
  • Earth Hero
  • Basic melee (earth)
  • Advanced melee (earth)
  • Light flying unit (air)
  • Supporting Unit (Water)
  • Spell caster (air)

Abilities for:
  • Earth Hero (2 more, 1 of them needs to be ultimate)
  • basic melee (1-2, earth)
  • Advanced melee unit (1, earth)
  • Weak flying unit (1-2, air)
  • Supporting unit (1-2, Water, 1= something similar to Kodo's War Drum)
  • Pyre Caster (1, final spell)
  • Spell Caster (1, final spell)

Level 15
Stone Behemoth?

So I've done a bunch of the easy spells (the ones that just need object editor work and not triggers)
I've also done most of the buildings (just stats, not appearance)
The problem with buildings is that I can find buildings that suit the individual needs, but they don't fit the race as a whole (appearance-wise) And there isn't that many good doodads that I can use to make buildings with attachments.

Level 15
Now for Buildings:

So for this race, I wanted the fire elementals to play the role of leader of the elemental union. So I wanted the main hall to be a fire building to show this role.

Temple of Flames - Main hall first Tier
Synogogue - Main Hall second Tier
Pantheon - Main Hall third Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.