• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
*strips*

Conflux? Hehe, again with the HoMM references, Alagremm? I do believe that would only work in the format that Heroes of Might and Magic 3 did the race. Although there are other ways to do it, too many people know and love the good ol' Conflux race with Armageddon hax :p

No, we must come up with a more unique name for Misha's ideas... like Pantheon for the town hall? Could work, but isn't he doing a Pyramid for his base structure? It's rather difficult to give that a name that refers to 'combined might' or 'elements' or even 'ultimate power'... ultimate power... could call it Sky Temple or something...

Level 15
Abyssal: of or relating to the bottom waters of the ocean depths.
Sounds pretty watery to me.

Level 27
Yeah, cyclone monolith is awesome! And have you decided what missle effect they'll use? I mean that I don't think its a good idea that we just have lots of units shooting same fire/earth/air missles? Maybe Earth tower should have attacked from the ground, just like that zerg building from starcraft? You know, that sunken or whatever colony?

Level 15
Ya, I've been debating that. But I probably will give them an attack. I love the idea about the zerg tower style attack. I will definatly use that.

Level 15
@Misha, possibly. One thing I want is a unique build type for units. Something along the lines of "summon", but more original. I don't want the simple "train Adherent" type thing.
@GhostThruster, I thought the same thing about the missle to impale thing.

Level 15
I'm liking the idea of the elemental cacoon and the zerg style race. The only real problem with that is that we would be drifting a bit too far from making a fifth race. We would be going too "custom" and less like the basic setup that a warcraft 3 race should have.
But I still like the idea. And if you are for it Misha then I will do it that way. If not then I will continue the normal way.

Level 15
Sounds good.

So since main creates all 4 elements (through "cacoons") then maybe it would be better not to have it as a fire building. And instead make it with all 4.
And how about Elemental Seed as the "cacoon".
So this is how I think it should be:
Main 3 tiers
Food
One tower that turns into the other four.
Total: 8 buildings, 6 upgrades

Shop? (lol, nah, it would just be too wierd)

Status
Not open for further replies.