• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yes, Elemental Conglomerates is a must.
I think it would be a cool idea as the sacrificial pit type building that you wanted. Sacrifice 2, make 1

Dust elemental (air, earth)
Ice elemental (air, water)
Spark elemental (air, fire)
Lava elemental (earth, fire)
Mud elemental (earth, water)
Steam elemental (fire, water)

Level 15
Here's a few
1-2 abilities for basic melee unit (earth)
1 ability for advanced melee (earth)
1-2 abilities for suppotive unit (like kodo beast) (water)
1 ability for light flying unit (air)
1 level 3 ability for spell caster (fire)
1 level 3 ability for spell caster (air)

Level 27
Right...
and actually Greeks created this 4 element thing first... then Romans added lightning, Arabians used death instead of lightning, Chinese used wood and Japanese emptyness (Or void)...
In Warcraft world there are 4-5 elementals, I'm not sure...
Your current idea is similar to D&D one. There is some kinda like orb, and in 6 parts of it (Some kinda like 3D cross), there are fire, water, air, earth, life and death worlds. In a middle there are light and shadow worlds, and bettween two worlds there are one sub-world that is combination of both and between sub-worlds and sub-worlds and main worlds there are more sub-sub worlds, which means there's endless amount of worlds, most of which make no sence... (Like vacuum one ^^)

Level 15
We don't need a history lesson. Get back to the race please.
@Lore-Wolf, of course you can. Anyone is welcome to help.

Level 15
I was thinking of naming that one Abyssal Manifest and calling the water hero Tide Hunter instead. Opinions, Misha?

Pyre Caster
1-Conflagration - Adds a negative buff on an enemy unit that damages him over time.
2-Combustion - Adds a buff to an enemy unit. When that unit dies, it explodes damaging enemy units.

Supporting spellcaster
1-Healing Zephyr - Sends a healing wind that regenerates the hitpoints of allied units withing an area.
2-Purifying winds - Removes all negative buffs from a target location.

Level 15
The only thing, is that the Fire Lord already has Molten Resistance which increases armor. But maybe as a unit upgrade.

Level 15
Fire, Water, Earth, Air.

Here are some key words that fall into the 4 catagories

Fire - fire, lava, magma, heat, sparks
Water - water, ice, frost, vapor
Earth - earth, rock, dirt, stone, minerals, dust, mud, sand
Air - air, wind, breeze, lightning, storm

I know that some people consider some of those as it's own element or a combination of 2 or more, but for this race those are just put under the most suitable catagory.

Level 15
Units. I already have heroes. Most are done. Look a few pages back and you will see the list of needed ability ideas.

Level 15
Lol, and the other 3/4 of the ability names? Who came up with those? I have been throwing out my name ideas. hehe.

Btw, it's not the names I need it's the ability ideas.

Level 15
Yup. earth take the roles of basic melee, advanced melee, and siege unit in this race.

Level 15
"overdrive" sounds too mechanical imo. And it is too similar to combustion hich places a buff on a targeted unit and when that unit dies it explodes damaging nearby enemy units.

Sunder! nice idea but how do you break apart (sunder) a storm. I do like the word, though. But I just don't think it would suit for a tornado. I think that instead of the spellcaster creating a tornado it should turn itself into a raging tornado. Good, good, good, keep the ideas flowing.

It's kodo like in the sense of purpose (adds a boost to the army's capabilities with some sort of aura or something) it uses one of the water elemental models on the Hive.
And dragoon is like a powerful soldier. It wouldn't fit for that unit.

Level 15
lol, I know what you meant. I was just messing with ya. Sundering Storm would be the proper way of saying it.

I do like the name Dragoon of the depths, but the kodo-like water elemental wouldn't fit for that. He is like the guy at the front lines holding the flag that encourages the others to fight. He isn't really much of a fighter himself. So Dragoon wouldn't fit for him.

As in absorbs minerals from the ground to increase HP? That might work. And I do like the idea of burrowing and coming up dealing damage. I might use that for earth hero.

Level 15
Also, I'm thinking that we are gonna have to make extra 2 units. Reason being, is that we have 4 fire and 3 earth, but only 2 water and 2 air. So we need 2 more units, 1 air and 1 water. Let's make the water one a spellcaster but more along the lines of the Druid of the Claw, in the sense that it is a powerful unit. Then we could call him Dragoon of the Depths. Should he be water or Ice?

As for Air, the air elementals need some sort of warrior. Something with an average attack and higher HP. The reason for this is so that we can make good use of the Storm Archon's Lighting Renewal. The air spell caster and Light flying unit are very useful to have in your army. They aren't the type of units that you would just want to sacrifice to keep your hero alive, thus making that ability very ineffective. With an air "warrior" that doesn't have much use in terms of abilities, he could be used for keeping your hero alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.