• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well I gave the map to the Cow (lol) to make the main systems for me (like build and harvest) And I told him to send you the wip map as soon as those systems are done. It is still lacking most of the abilities but atleast you will be able to see it. However he hasn't given me an "Ok I'll get right on" or a "Sorry I can't". So I don't know if he is working on it or not.

Level 15
where we combine 2 elementals to make a new elemental. (Like air + water makes an ice elemental)

Level 15
Yup, but if we do add those in then we will leave that till near completion. I would like to focus on the more important things first.

For harvest, I've told time and time again about a custom lava spawn that has the "return lumber" and normal Ghoul lumber "gather" ability. which would make him not need any drop-off point, as the fire does "eat" all in it's path, lol..

As for gold.. I'd think about some earth unit having the "entangle gold mine" ability or so.. so that the gold is auto-extracted as long as this unit is not moving/is alive

Level 15
The gold miner and builder is the water elemental. I have enough earth.
The lumber harvest is similar but with a cooler effect. I sent the info to Crazy Cow. He is currently having computer problems, but he said that he start working on those when he gets it fixed. Almost all ideas are complete. They just need to be made. Slow and steady, but it will get done adventually.

Level 15
Well, I was hoping that Cow could get the basic systems done so that he could send you a testable map. (even if most of the abilities haven't been made) But since his computer is screwed up then I guess that won't happen for a while.
Atm the map is lacking most of the abilities and looks kind of wierd due to lack of buildings and icons. But i will send you the map anyways either later today or tomorrow. In the trigger editor I have all the info for the abilities and stuff so you will be able to see all the ideas so far. I just want to do a few more things before I send it to you.

Level 10
Ok quick question for a Only human race what should i do for air?

Because so far this is what i've done.

Footman (Crusader)
Knight (War Knight)
Archer (Militia Archer)
Maybe a Militia?
Golem
Vindicator
Soldier
Ranger
and 2 Custom Heroes
The Towers are Cold and Fire towers, and Archer Tower.
What should i do for an air unit?

Bascially all my other races follow a similiar trend. (i'm trying to make a Campagian to play, not good at cinemtiacs though -.-.)

Level 10
oh i forgot. The reason why i have a golem is because of balancing issues and plus they . And also i played tested them without hawk. it looks like i need some siege units! or just one! I could do a wizard with powers to kill buildings!
Ok here is the low down of the Buildings
Scout Tower
Guard Tower
Fire Tower
Boulder Tower
Ice Tower
Barracks
Sky ----- (needs a name)- Next Place to have air unit.
Temple-builds mages
Blacksmith- Upgrade Station
Workshop?!?-Makes Golem and future siege unit.
Guild Of War-Builds Elite Units, Elite Knight (Captain) and Elite Archer.
The Two Heroes are Pretty good but they have random abilities.
One of them is a Templar-with chainlighnting?
The Other is Caleb-Knight with Blade Storm Which kinda makes sense.
Also for some wierd reason my Ally Red is only making footman -.-.

This is bascially following my Own Campagian outside of Warcraft lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.