• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
a snow man elemental made of water >:3 no one will expect it to attack them XD

erm what about that ability for like the unit (name) attacks it has a idk 25% chance to stun (example) and after 5 attacks its shifts to frost attack and again after 5 it goes to a burning attack or splash and the we need an air attack but cant think of that.

Level 15
There is now. We are using the new water (ice? transforms from water to ice?) unit as the spell caster. We can't put the Thunder Dragoon as a spell caster since there already is an air spell caster. The Thunder Dragoon will be represent one of the secondary troops.

Condensation, me likes, but not exactly like cloud. I don't want all renamed blizzard spells. But some thing similar.
Song of the abyss, not too sure about, but possibly.
Torrential Tribute, Yup

I think that instead of Song of the abyss, let's give him Congeal, which turns him into a powerful ice (cream, lulz) being.

Condensation-Using the fog, all targeted units turn invisible and blinded (stunned). You can use Inferno as base, remove damage, change art and add Hide Unit triggers.
Maybe the air caster can cast Freeze, or something, that targets water units only and transforms them into Ice Elementals. Ice is more tanky but less healy.

Level 15
I've been slacking the last few days because of this. But hopefully it won't be too much longer before i'm done and can get back to work on the elementals.

Frostshifter just isn't working for me.

Level 15
Is this a wow export or custom model? If it isn't wow then it would suit the role of the earth hero much better then the current one and I could then use the current one for the other earth model that I need.

Level 15
XGM.

The stone body doesn't look wow, but I was wondering if the armor was taken from a wow export.

Level 35
No, they are WoW rips, everyone knows about that (it even says WoW next to the model). If you translate the Russian, some model descriptions even mention that the model itself is a rip from another game. Kinda lame considering you can't use them in maps, but seeing as how the filesizes are quite large anyway I don't see why you'd want to :/

And here's a link to my project: SoR - A Squad Based Strategy

Do leave a comment, plz, trying to raise awareness of the project itself before release :p

Level 15
Well, the elemental race is coming along kind of slowly lately. I get some motivation every once and a while to do a few things, but I haven't really had a long motivational spree. But atleast I am still working on it. (Most of my attention has been on an epic cinematic that I am making.) For the elementals I am currently making the abilities. Once that is done, I will finish the building stats. After that, all OE stuff will be done. (excluding the stuff that we haven't yet got ideas for) So hopefully won't be too much longer before Alpha testing is ready.

Alright, that being said, since the elementals alone aren't doing too good of a job keeping this group very active like it was last month, how about a second group project? By group project i mean something like we are doing now, where one person makes and every one else throws out their epic ideas and in the end we will make an awesome and unique race. Is anybody interested in making it.

Level 15
I'm sure there will be someone that will want to. Even if he works for a week then loses motivation, he could then just pass the map onto the next guy with the motivation to continue working on it.

Level 15
Not yet, Misha. Some of the important systems aren't done yet. I have started looking for a triggerer to help me do the stuff that I can't figure out how to do. If I find some one then this project will fly to the finish line. Once the race is fully working. Then I will try to recruit an icon maker to create some key icons (like the 3-level upgrade for each race). Atm, the appearance of the race is kinda fail. There isn't really any descent elemental buildings. I just downloaded some buildings as place holders. They might suit the individual needs of each building but they don't compliment the race as a whole. So if you know any good GUI triggerers then let's hear some names. I will start PMing them to see if they are interested in helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.