• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Building Contest #3 Poll

Which three races are the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Here are my reviews of some races. I hope i have the time to review all of them.

PROS:
- Well written Tooltips and much comparisons between Meele Races made it easy to start
- Nice passive Abilities on Normal Units
- Many Imports: Icons, Modells
- Triggered Passives/Spells (Great work on Unit Passives, brings a strategic aspect.)

Not Rated:
- Balance (Tested with cheats only)
- Ability to team with other races

CONS:
- Not so much Upgrade Levels
- Some Modells take unnecessary size

Points: 4/5 - Some more Upgrades and some lesser poly models and your race will be great.

PROS:
- Unique Race Feeling, but has also a great Meele Character
- Many Units, Buildings and Upgrades
- Good use of ingame Modells but also good costum Modells
- Triggered Spells on Hero and Units

Not Rated:
- Balance
-Ability to team up

CONS:
- Some tooltip mistakes like "Flüssiges Feuer" ,the Catapult's Tooltip or the Batrider's Name
- I can't test the Balance yet, but some units look overpowered

Points: 4/5 Very well done Race, but I can't go with these Tooltip Mistakes.

PROS:
- I always looked for a Kobold Race in Warcraft 3, Great Work !
- Great Filesize of 1 MB but also costum models and icons
- It was funny to kill the big Tauren or Orcs with my little Kobold army
- Fitting and much Upgrades
-Very Original

Not Rated:
Look at others

CONS:
- Some tooltip mistakes like "Kriegsdonner" or "Ausdauer-Aura"
- The Spell mentioned above (Kriegsdonner) is just a copy from the blizzard version
- The Worm !! It does not fit with the little kobolds...

4.5/5 Points - Remove the Worm, and correct the tooltips and it will be a 5.

PROS:
- Many and nice upgrades
- The Ability to upgrade your Food House instead of building another one
- Great Modells and Skins
- Good triggered Hero Spells and nice unit spells
- I've found no wrong tooltip

Not Rated:
- Your Interface is a nice addition to the Hell Theme of your Race BUT no other map has something like this, so i won't rate it !

CONS:
- Your Hero looks a little bit overpowered, especially the Fire Nova !
- Too many heavy units: Magma Wyrm (1200 hp), Hell Turtle (1000 hp), Hell Basher (1000 hp) and Obsidian Tank
- There is no Supporter Unit like a Fire Mage or something

Points: 4.25/5 - As I said, the Hero looks overpowered and there are too many heavy units, but all other things are well done.

Next Coming in Time..

First of all, I feel honored that you feel that my troll race has a unique feeling. It is very hard to achieve with a race like the one I created.
I have not checked the batrider, but I know the catapult and burning oil are results of a upgrade thats bugged.
There is a way to fix it I was told, but thats to late now since I am not allowed to change my race.

But there is one thing I don't get it. How can it be a "CON" that my units "look" overpowered.
You would not know unless you tried right?
Also I hardly feel that one (supposably) incorrect tooltip and the result of a bugged upgrade is anything major.

I am very curious about how Mr.Goblin's race review will look like if that is all it takes to bring down the score.
These are the tooltip errors I found, see if you can find more when you write his review.

1. Tuskarr|cffffcc00W|rorker should be Tuskarr |cffffcc00W|rorker
2. masonnery's (Tuskarr Worker Tooltips) should be masonarys
3. offensif (Hero Tooltips) should be offensive
4. Enemi (Cold Aura Tooltips) should be enemy
5. Mouvement (Cold Ward Tooltips) should be movement
6. mouvement (2 times) (Eternal Morphing Tooltips) should be movement
7. wich ( Hero Spell - Cold Blood ) should be which
8. Vengefull Spirits (Vengefull Spirits) should be Vengeful Spirits
9. arrashed (Vengefull Spirits) should be harrassed
10. Vengefull Spirits - Minion (Vengefull Spirits - Minion) should be Vengeful Spirits
11. arrashed (Vengefull Spirits - Minon) should be harrassed

Also you don't need to rate how balanced the race is, because that is not that important in this competition. As long as a race is not overpowered.
Something you should look for, when you write your reviews are if the races use custom colorcodes not found in the original Warcraft III races.
You should put that on "CONS" because thats very unwanted.

Anyways, thanks for the review.

Edit: I looked at the batrider, found no tooltip errors. However I forgot to give the batrider Liquid Fire (Trolls) ability. Instead it had its default Liquid Fire.
Changed that in my original map, also I actually found a tooltip error. But not on the Batrider, but on the Forest Beast.

Last edited:
Level 9
Didn't you read what 67chrome said?

67chrome - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...g-contest-3-a-145995/index49.html#post1363834

Also, as far as testing goes, you don't need to have the race as well-balanced as the original four, and if you make your race subtly unbalanced more people will likely have fun testing it (though I would like to stress subtly. Just make sure it is not blatantly unbalanced and you should be fine.

As I said, it is not that important as long as its not overpowered.

Level 22
its kinda funky how people imply kobolds and tuskarr are "original". hell, their taken from the Warcraft universe! i do believe their execution of presenting the race was rather clean cut tho.
problem with stankakins kobold race, it doesnt have a defensive structure, unless you count the burrow has a defesive structure with no attack.

hopefully 67chrome will intervene and pull judges out of hat, or else we're gonna have lopsided results.

edit: cant access ur map wazz, i cant find it in the directiory ingame. cant open the unoptimized one either. using 1.24

Level 35
If we go by originality you should win. You have unique training system.

Or maybe the race which have nothing to do with wc3... Anyway I am still floating around on a big pink sky of happiness that I won't have to go out of this poll with zero votes :cute: Still wondering how many that actually played mine.. As I really would have expected some comments about it, even if it was just; Lolz, what the hell is this?

But oh well.. Might come when those that are trying the races starts voting :con:

Level 35
As Zpider said, this competition is bullshit without any actual judges. Mulgrim admitted he voted for the pretty colours. This is obviously unfair when people bring in their own custom creations to help create their race.

In my opinion, Mr. Goblin's race didn't have anything new about it and the race was dry and not very interesting at all. However, a large majority of people vote for him because he created custom skins and icons, not how original his ideas were or anything.

Stanakin, however, had an interesting concept in addition to his own custom creations. Yet, he's getting a couple of bonus votes purely because he created his own custom icons and skins.

This is where the problem lies with allowing the use of resources. People who can't model or skin aren't allowed to ask for help in regards to that on account of the teamwork rule, yet people who can model and skin are able to do so, creating an unfair advantage on account that votes shouldn't be based purely on what 'looks' good, or 'what resources the creator of the race made for this competition'.

And Mulgrim, some people actually like to think about their votes. Voting for X-OMG-X's race (which had custom UI's and everything, but no real playability of the race that was actually good) and confessing to voting for the 'pretty colours' proves that this poll is flawed. And it shouldn't be closed, it should just not be for the public to decide, rather than a group of judges. Otherwise, what's the F***ING POINT of even entering this contest if you can't create your own skins or models?

Level 38
If you guys want official judges for this contest go ahead and petition people to be judges for it, just make sure they have a decent knowledge in modding and are willing to write a good in-depth review on every race, and then I can split the winner between 50% of the poll and 50% judges.

Level 35
I think even 50% public is too much. Simply because people are voting for (no offense) Mr. Goblin and Stanakin purely because they created skins and icons for their own race. And you can't say that it's purely because their model and skin choices complimented each other, as there's lots of the other races that managed that without the need to create their own custom resources. Too many noobs and their undeveloped opinions are interfering with the polls. People just vote for their favourite race, ffs. Srsly, public polls was never bound to be a good idea -.-

Well, Rui I think is an obvious choice if he's free. Mechanical Man, as mentioned above, is another genuinely great choice. Hmm... I think if Em! has the time, then he's also a good choice, but I don't think he'd have the time on account of not having it (obvious much?)...

Well, 67Chrome should also be one of the team, I reckon. And Chaos.. He's definitely contributed a lot in terms of criticism already and he's going to write the reviews, anyway, so I reckon he should be on the team.

Level 5
You honestly don't need to discuss who would be a good judge; it's a waste of time. Simply have Chrome ask people that are qualified (don't need an essay explaining why) and see if they're even interested in judging (takes a lot of time). If enough people say "Sure", then you can pick and choose.

Level 11
After some previous troubles with different contests on the HW I became disappointed with the community a bit, many really expected and beautiful guys left it. I don't know their reasons, but that's the fact - they've gone.

I don't really want to mention any specific polls/threads and matters, but afterall this, probably, last contest, which I pay attention to, proved to me, that there is no good and sctrict system of contests on the HW.

And, summing up all the feelings I have now after reading all of your posts, I just want to say: "STFU! Are you so envy?" But I won't and will say a bit less and just repeat: "Now everyone's true colors come out".

And that's true. Not offense.

I am very curious about how Mr.Goblin's race review will look like if that is all it takes to bring down the score.
These are the tooltip errors I found, see if you can find more when you write his review.

1. Tuskarr|cffffcc00W|rorker should be Tuskarr |cffffcc00W|rorker
2. masonnery's (Tuskarr Worker Tooltips) should be masonarys
3. offensif (Hero Tooltips) should be offensive
4. Enemi (Cold Aura Tooltips) should be enemy
5. Mouvement (Cold Ward Tooltips) should be movement
6. mouvement (2 times) (Eternal Morphing Tooltips) should be movement
7. wich ( Hero Spell - Cold Blood ) should be which
8. Vengefull Spirits (Vengefull Spirits) should be Vengeful Spirits
9. arrashed (Vengefull Spirits) should be harrassed
10. Vengefull Spirits - Minion (Vengefull Spirits - Minion) should be Vengeful Spirits
11. arrashed (Vengefull Spirits - Minon) should be harrassed

Also you don't need to rate how balanced the race is, because that is not that important in this competition. As long as a race is not overpowered.
Something you should look for, when you write your reviews are if the races use custom colorcodes not found in the original Warcraft III races.
You should put that on "CONS" because thats very unwanted.

Anyways, thanks for the review.

Hey there, thanks again for poiting those errors :D, I already fixed most of the stuff you already post, wich helped alot on improving my race! Thanks again :D

Level 9
And, summing up all the feelings I have now after reading all of your posts, I just want to say: "STFU! Are you so envy?" But I won't and will say a bit less and just repeat: "Now everyone's true colors come out".

And that's true. Not offense.

"I just want to say: "STFU! Are you so envy?" But I won't ... "
You actually said "STFU! Are you so envy? and you have to explain yourself because I don't quite understand.

Are we envious because we do not want a public poll?
Is that what you are trying to say?
Because that is something that has been mentioned constantly in the race competition thread. So posts about it was to be expected.

Now why should we shut the fuck up?
Everyone that created a custom race (that means - not you) are entitled to have their say in this matter.
We have spent a great deal of time trying to make a race that fits within the boundaries of the rules.
Saying "there is no good and sctrict system of contests on the HW" is not fair.
Because there was a good set of rules.
But trying to make an entire race fit within all the rules mentioned is not just hard. It is in some cases impossible.

Also, I am not offended by what you said.
I am offended by what you voted for.
Because if you actually wanted you could have voted for a race that actually followed the strict rules.
Thus, punishing people for not following the rules set up by 67chrome.
However you didn't.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm just not going to vote because I don't have the time or patience to wade through the entries and give any meaningful feedback or whatever. A standing round of good luck to the entrants and stuff, though, naturally.

Level 35
No, it's not the contestants that ruin the fun, it's the fact that this has become everything BUT a racebuilding contest. And as I was (along with many others) under the impression that we would be voted for based on our races rather than popularity or custom icon/skin/trigger creations, I (we) am (are) quite pissed off. After all, how can we compete in a contest where we have obviously got the wrong impression of what's being voted for? We were told specifically we would be voted for based on originality of ideas, how well the units and buildings themselves work together, a little bit of balance even. But the fact is not many people will bother playing all the races. Which is why public poll is retarded. In the end, there's a handful of people who end up just voting for the most popular person, their favourite race or, just in general, who made the most custom stuff that was immediately noticeable. Which is why the poll is flawed. And no one will bother joining these contests again. I will say this once, and only once: wc3c did a much better job of this contest.

Level 35
Exactly, VekjkoM. After all, why make it sound like we're in the wrong for voicing our opinion on this 'racebuilding contest' becoming a popularity contest? It's stupid and a waste of our time. You complain about the contestants ruining the fun, then tell me, if this is a contest with a prize, where is the sense of fun in someone winning not out of skill, but out of popularity and simply creating custom icons and skins? I mean COME ON, save it for the texture contests. Votes should be based on races, not who made what.

Additionally, as there's a lot of voters who haven't even played any of the races (ike_ike stated on Chat that he voted for Mr. Goblin and Stanakin Skywalker PURELY because people said they shouldn't win. FFS, that's unfair for those of us who put just as much effort into our races yet don't see any chance of winning despite original ideas), public polls are stupid and should be abolished for future racebuilding contests. Otherwise, there will be reminders to those of which who want to join the next one as to what happened in this one. Everyone flaming each other, ruining the community and someone who doesn't deserve to win in comparison to someone who had awesome ideas purely out of popularity... you say we ruined the fun, eh? What fun was there to begin with?

Level 35
Yes, that is true, but at least they'll be the proper winners, not just who has the most friends or who chose the most popular race. I have not been fighting like this to win for myself, I don't think I should win, but I don't think that someone should win out of sheer popularity, either. In my opinion, the most skill I saw in the races were Wraithling's, Veljkom's, Zpider's, Stanakin's (but I wouldn't vote for him just because of his custom icons and skins, I'd vote for him because of his ideas), Gyrosphinx's (despite imbalances, it was an awesome race), Red Baron's (even though it wasn't complete, it was an awesome race) and yours, Ghost's. While Mr. Goblin did make skins and icons, his ideas were stale and he still didn't accomplish a good overall look in terms of buildings. Additionally, his Workers were far too big in size, not caring for the Object Editor's properties. With that said, it is my opinion (along with many others) that the only reason he has so many votes is out of sheer popularity, which is purely unfair.

Level 5
You really shouldn't rant in wall-of-text mode, it doesn't help your point. This site is perpetually pockmarked with poor polls, it isn't just this contest or contest type. That's why everything requires judges, since nothing ends happily with just a poll. (Heck, even the judges are biased; people just suck it up at that point, though)

It's not that big of a deal, though. Nothing's perfect. Just get some judges you trust, have 'em review stuff, wrap it up, and call it a contest. No need to incense a bunch of drama over it, though. Let's solve the problem, not add to it, right?

Level 11

If you don't understand, what the others say, you'd better not to start arguing with them. And also I'm not going to argue with any of you.

However, I see people's defect's everywhere, since I'm misanthrope. I don't condemn either contestants or contesters, but we are all "quite good", I've already told that. And not only talking about this contests.

If you read... well, some last contests - not old - you'll find, that practically in every there are some people arguing, arguing and arguing. And you are wrong trying to explain me, that this particular contest is done bad in settlers part and you all are just trying to reach the justify! Some people are always won't be satisfied and, look, that doesn't mean, that the largest part is right. Nobody knows the truth.

So, just stop arguing. Everybody can do that. If you really want something to be changed and not just a get your portion of adrenalin arguing with people on forum (yeah, I know, that's possible, I spent some time in past doing this) than just write a petition to powerful person explaining your opinion, asking for specific well-stated changes and signed up at least by 5-10 persons known at least to other 5-10 persons, meaning they are not yesterday registered members. Other way - that's a dead end activity, just cry and argue, noone will pay attention to it. IMO. And don't forget, that you don't have real power here, anyway 67chrome will decide, in which way the contest will be judjed, you can just ask for changing his mind. That's the matter of power and people mind - everywhere. In theology/religion, buracracy, politics, armied forces and so so on... I'd like it to be another, but it is not.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I didn't read this, last page, but Duragon told well: "People suck at judging". But who can judge instead of them? :)

Level 35
Hmm... this gives me an interesting idea, actually. It's true, people do suck at voting. But how about contestants voting for each other? Slap on a rule stating that you can't vote for yourself and must give each contestant a score out of 15 or 10 or whatever, tally the end results and shebangabang, you got a winner. Unfortunately, this method still relies on people, but it does get rid of a large factor of the problem. After all, who would be play testing maps more than the contestants? Anyway, that's just a simple idea for the future, it might work and it might not, don't know if it's been done before or not :/

Anyway, Aspard is right. I cbf with this contest anymore, as there was bound to be a lot of bias in public polls (as stated in the first page of the other thread). I think what really matters is that we got to play some kick ass custom races and learn new things from each other about possibilities for our own projects. And as a modding community, I think that's probably the most important outcome of a contest. Not to define a winner or get a shitload of rep in addition to a status symbol making out that you're better at racebuilding than you actually are, but to learn new techniques and ideas.

With that said, I'd like to conclude this post with a list of ideas I learnt about from the races (if I don't mention you, I do apologize, but I just found nothing interesting about what you did in terms of techniques, not necessarily the race [but sometimes the race :p]). I'll open with Stanakin's race. I loved the idea of having the Town Hall double as your Gold Mine. VERY unique idea, although it could use a touch up with the glitch of not producing gold while doing something in the building itself (upgrading, training, etc.). I also liked the Burrow idea, although it's nothing special in terms of new techniques, I think it would be cool to replicate the Imperial Guard theme from Dawn of War where units travel through the tunnels, taking time to come out of the end you elected.

Next is Pharaoh_'s race. Interesting Wraith abilities, the tactic ideas were very nice and well made, towers linking is a great addition, there's just one small problem. All of these are triggered. Not so much a problem and they are great ideas, but being triggered does show that while you had awesome ideas, they weren't accomplishable via the Object Editor (which is what I'm learning more and more about, despite knowing almost every in and out it has :p). Anyway, being triggered is no problem and certainly no reason to look down on these ideas, they were very cool, worked well and were highly original. One minor thing would be that once you start a lot of the abilities you triggered, there's no way to reverse them. While you state that it makes it imperitive to know the race and therefore place the buildings well and use the abilities well, it is a nuissance as the player shouldn't have to work harder on account of the triggers not covering such events. Also, I liked your upgrading idea for the ghost types, interesting indeed =D

RED BARON, despite not having completed your race, your experiment with combining units was very intriguing, hope you complete the race some day =D

Wraithling, awesome ideas of black and white ghosts, in addition to a very awesome and unique hero. Having the whole race centre around a unique method of regeneration was very interesting indeed, and a great idea on the whole. Also, the Mirage Tower was an awesome idea. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but awesome all the same =D

Zpider, you had some awesome abilities and such, but they seemed a little out of place. I LOVE the Jungle Beasts 'Forest Spirits' ability, it's really interesting indeed =D. I would like to learn how to do that :p. Also, the Spirit Bear ability was great =D

Ghost765, your race, while not having too much out of the oridinary, was very unique in a strange way. It was interesting to have the Food Production building as the Barracks, and also interesting to make it that you could only recruit units instead of training them. However, in a melee game, this can be considered op (mainly in this combination). This is because you are forced to build multiple barracks, and therefore can pump out irregular numbers of troops at once. I also loved the way you did the upgrades, but once again, having them increase EVERYTHING of the receiving units was rather op. However, imbalances aside, these ideas were very interesting and I should like to see more work by you ;). One other thing, how do you get that swarm ability working? I'm just wondering how you made it so that the more gunners you had in a pre-determined area, the more damage they did. Very nice =D

...and I believe that's it. If I didn't mention your race, don't take it to heart, I only mentioned races that had outstanding features that were out of the norm. It doesn't mean that your race is good or bad, as I have different opinions about all of the races on a whole. Anyway, that will be all for now :p

Level 35
IMO. And don't forget, that you don't have real power here, anyway 67chrome will decide, in which way the contest will be judged, you can just ask for changing his mind.

Why are we (myself included?:con:) even still discussing this? Chrome already said that we could get judges and make it fifty/fifty with poll. And then he asked for some judges, where some was suggested. So I am going to assume he made/ is going to make contact to them and ask if they want to judge.

Then they will start judging, this poll will close and results will be posted.

A solution that would be fine by me - Although some might argue thats only something I can be fine with because I participated to inspire, instead of an urge to win something.

Anyway have fun playing the races folks

btw: I like how you completely avoid the subject Goblin :thumbs_up:

Oh and apparently people don't vote for the well known ones - Just look at me :wink:

btwbtw: I am a little unsure about your post Pyritie, assumed that you just meant that to much bickering keeps the public away.

RED BARON, despite not having completed your race, your experiment with combining units was very intriguing, hope you complete the race some day =D

So do I :smile:

Next is Pharaoh_'s race. Interesting Wraith abilities, the tactic ideas were very nice and well made, towers linking is a great addition, there's just one small problem. All of these are triggered. Not so much a problem and they are great ideas, but being triggered does show that while you had awesome ideas, they weren't accomplishable via the Object Editor (which is what I'm learning more and more about, despite knowing almost every in and out it has :p). Anyway, being triggered is no problem and certainly no reason to look down on these ideas, they were very cool, worked well and were highly original. One minor thing would be that once you start a lot of the abilities you triggered, there's no way to reverse them. While you state that it makes it imperitive to know the race and therefore place the buildings well and use the abilities well, it is a nuissance as the player shouldn't have to work harder on account of the triggers not covering such events. Also, I liked your upgrading idea for the ghost types, interesting indeed =D
Thank you, Wazzz, but, I think you missed some points. We were building a race. Shouldn't the trigger editor be in extra use? Modification of the Object Editor's data is just a simple change of names and models. When Blizzard built the races, they didn't just alter the models and the names. Each race had its unique concept, which was coming out of the triggering part, not just by its look. I think this is a bit unfair. That is the point anyway: the modification of not just the models, but the triggering background of this race as well (we wouldn't be able of altering the Trigger Editor aspect in the other case). The fact that you are not familiar with the trigger editor, doesn't automatically turn my race into a no.
So, instead of giving up and using the default features and abilities over and over again, I tried to do something more unique. But I don't get good critics for trying to make something original? :S
Apparently, the original will come out of triggering parts. Oh, I will get this statement out of Stanakin's town hall. The addition though of a new race would and should be introduced by a triggering background as well.
And yes, I'm a bit disappointed, because I know I spent much of time doing this triggering background and coming up with a philosophy of how a ghost race should be in the world of gaming. I honestly believe that my race didn't get enough of attention, and, when someone finally paid some attention, I get this critic, which sums it up as follows: Your race is great, but the fact that you used many triggers makes it .. [blank: I, myself, didn't understand what's bad]

Level 35
Yes, you are definitely right there, Pharaoh_. The only reason I mentioned some half-hearted criticism on that part was because for those who want to try and do these things themselves, it's not as simple as going to the Object Editor. I did not mean for you to think I saw it as a flaw, however, and I apologize if I did so.

No, I think the only criticism really worth mentioning about your triggers (for future reference) is to make them a little more user friendly. No, wait, I should say noob friendly. Because anyone who plays a new map for the first time will be a noob at it, and it's the job of the modder to try and make the experience as easy as possible (granted that some races are more difficult to manage than others, but I think you know what I mean ;]). Anyway, apart from a little user-unfriendliness, your race is a great job well done =D

The fact that we are allowed to use Trigger Editor, doesn't mean that we are going to be judged for out triggering abilities. I introduced new features and facts, a matter accomplished with the Trigger Editor. It is supposed to help me, realising what I have in mind, not becoming the source of knowledge for noobies. If you want to blame me for noobie-unfriendliness, just blame the tooltips, this is what this contest should consider.
So, to sum this up, Trigger Editor is supposed to be the tool of the contestant in racebuilding contests, not the factor of the final result of theirs, unless the rules speak of triggering efficiency.
You were supposed to check this map in the game, not check it as a world-editor reference. That is why the poll was initially public: so that people can tell which was the best race from the outfit aspect, from the feeling, from the fun aspect and all these intriguing factors that still keep us playing with the outdated Warcraft III. Not all of the public members are supposed to know triggering; at least their conscious over their vote must not be limited within triggering aspects.
So, If anyone wants to learn triggering, they of course won't learn from my race, they will get a couple of tutorials to do so. And IF someone liked an effect I achieved, along with the noobie tutorials, he will then check upon my trigger to learn how this effect was done.
I won't go on with this. I see too much of egoism in this thread and every contest ends up being a showcase of selfish people (this is not a reference to you. It's a general-"speaking".)
Just so you know people, all races are great, not from the playability factor only, but because they have a bit of our personality in them. Every race is a partial mirror of our feelings and thoughts.

Level 35
Lets just say that Wazzz like your race and let it stay at that - I don't really see the point in such a lengthy replay.

Just so you know people, all races are great, not from the playability factor only, but because they have a bit of our personality in them. Every race is a partial mirror of our feelings and thoughts.

Damn - I am Goo... Thats kinda sad :cry:

Level 31
My suggestion:

For making everyone happy and stop the bad atmosphere here, every contestant gives reputation to everyone, whose race he liked
That makes everybody happy and makes everybody a winner and that's what we all are.
Everyone of use created a unique race, with creative and cool new ideas.
Everyone of us deserves a little prize.

So what do you think of it?

Level 17
Every one that entered knew that it was going to be a public poll that determent the winner, so why entered and then bitch about it? (I know its not really fair and allot of people are going to vote on petty stuff that has nothing to do with what actually makes a race good, i did not join to win, but just for the fun of it)

If we get judges, it would be better, but we should not start arguing about it now(That would just lead to flaming).

(This is just my opinion)

Level 35
Every one that entered knew that it was going to be a public poll that determent the winner, so why entered and then bitch about it? (I know its not really fair and allot of people are going to vote on petty stuff that has nothing to do with what actually makes a race good, i did not join to win, but just for the fun of it)

If we get judges, it would be better, but we should not start arguing about it now(That would just lead to flaming).

(This is just my opinion)

Yeah, just a little late on the update there, Xiliger. We stopped discussing this. I'm only responding in the hopes that no one else comes in late, not knowing that we stopped our fighting.

@RED BARON: Sounds like I shoulda done the Goo race, too, then :p. I have a tendency to leave goo all over the place as well. People say it's disgusting :p

@chilla_killa: You have a good point there, we should all be friendly to one another and spread the rep as we all did a good job in constesting in this competition. Very nice idea indeed ;)

My suggestion:

For making everyone happy and stop the bad atmosphere here, every contestant gives reputation to everyone, whose race he liked
That makes everybody happy and makes everybody a winner and that's what we all are.
Everyone of use created a unique race, with creative and cool new ideas.
Everyone of us deserves a little prize.

So what do you think of it?

Those are called rep parties, and are not allowed. :p

Level 35
@RED BARON: Sounds like I should have done the Goo race, too, then :p. I have a tendency to leave goo all over the place as well. People say it's disgusting :p

Yea - all might to the Goo Spawns :xxd:

Anyway Pyritie have a point with that rep spread - Besides rep is not really the issue - I much rather have an icon to tell me I participated then 300 rep...

But still looking hopefully forward to the message from Crome about judges :wink:

Level 9
Approximate total number of views in this competition = 570.
Four submissions could not be counted for, so I assumed they got the same number of views as the average one.

Approximate total number of views by contestants = 180
Approximate total number of views by non-contestants = 390
Number non-contestants voting = 39
Average Increase of views since the poll = 12.5

You do the math, according to mine.
Which is likely to be inaccurate I seem to get that the average non-contestant voter have seen atleast 5 races before voting.
Which in reality is far less.

Level 35
nah, idk... it feels rather pointless now. I mean, everyone's votes will be corrupt one way or another, public or judges. I think I learnt a valuable lesson from this contest. Just don't bother, it's all a popularity contest or whoever did a good job with something completely unrelated to the race itself. Could not care less any more.

nah, idk... it feels rather pointless now. I mean, everyone's votes will be corrupt one way or another, public or judges. I think I learnt a valuable lesson from this contest. Just don't bother, it's all a popularity contest or whoever did a good job with something completely unrelated to the race itself. Could not care less any more.

Erm. If you're worried about judge "corruption" then obviously you aren't choosing the right judges :p

Status
Not open for further replies.