• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pyritie's Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long-delayed avatar request for Huurka.

huurka.png

huurkawithrainbows.png

Level 35
I am not usually the best example of shading, but...your work could use more variation, and could be alot cleaner.

The line art for example looks a wee bit messy, and the paint underneath doesn't really suit it. (in my opinion) the shading looks a little dull.

The line art for example looks a wee bit messy, and the paint underneath doesn't really suit it. (in my opinion) the shading looks a little dull.

I didn't bother making the line art and coloring very clean because it was going to get resized down anyway, and when it's that small you can't notice the difference.

As for the shading, yeah, the shadows could've been darker but I wanted soft shadows like I did for my own avatar.

Level 24
I didn't bother making the line art and coloring very clean because it was going to get resized down anyway, and when it's that small you can't notice the difference.

As for the shading, yeah, the shadows could've been darker but I wanted soft shadows like I did for my own avatar.

Well,I have to admit your's is a piece of art!

The best yet :grin:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
You could make that dino from basic box primitives in max and draw over them, so you have the perspective perfect. Lots of people do this 3D-blocking stage and I'll start doing it too, saves a lot of time and those who say it's cheating can suck my...medicine.

Level 45
I use to believe perspective ruling and blocking is cheating. Since rulers and other tools arnt considered being freehand and that a real artist starts off with no plans but a simple scribbly sketch, mainly since i read alot about "HOW TO DRAW MICKY MOUSE" and other stupid stuff and disliked it . But I agree with TDR now :p. Its definitely the way to go, its all an aid and without it you would learn slow and have to find a less stable way of establishment. All forms start off with a basic primitive or shape, you gotta master the basic elements before you can advance and find a way to manipulate shapes into complex forms.

Face needs to look more tyranosaurus-alike, head needs to be a bit bigger, and the thighs need to be a bit smaller.

Okay. Although I'm done now so I can't really do much about it. I'll remember that for next time though. (If these is a next time D:)

Will post later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.