• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pyritie's Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP for a secret santa thing. I suck at backgrounds in general.

Attachments

• crystal cave.jpg
    crystal cave.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 243
Level 28
Well, I see a draw of a cave coming from Pyritie.

Then I remember the song "Puff the Magic Dragon", when it goes sad and it says:

"Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave,
So Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee"

Ok, now on-topic, the shading looks very cool, but I think that the horizon line should be higher.

DonDustin said:
I like the color of the cave :)
NearbyHermit said:
Is it just me?

But from affar that pic looks like a Warcraft screenshot!
I guess you could say the blueish-gray rocks were influenced by Northrend/Icecrown, although that wasn't exactly intentional. ;P

Ok, now on-topic, the shading looks very cool, but I think that the horizon line should be higher.

Mmm, well the white stuff is just where the cliff edge is of the mountain the camera is on. I dunno if there'll be a "visible" horizon because there'll be a bunch of mountains in the background.

varsaigen said:
lol from afar, it looked very much like a paintiing in a museum. :p I like how it's going so far. =D
Thanks!

NearbyHermit said:
Ever thought of a World of Pyritie?
That doesn't even make any sense.

Anyways, almost done. Gotta add darker shadows + brighter highlights to the mountains still, as well as some other stuff.

Attachments

• crystal cave.jpg
    crystal cave.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 118
yeah.. the cave is like perfectly smooth... it looks really unealistic, also the perspective in the cave is waaaay off.

What do you mean by "waaaay off"? I did use a quick model as a reference. I think it might be the smooth rock that makes it hard to see.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78.8 KB · Views: 198
Level 26
It looks like ice, if that's what you were aiming for. 'though it sounds like you weren't ._.

The scratchy bits are rather ice-like, but they look nothing like rock. At all. Unless it's a frozen rock. That is completely coated in several millenia worth of ice. In which case you have succeeded. But then again, maybe not. And wow, full stops are fun.

It looks like ice, if that's what you were aiming for. 'though it sounds like you weren't ._.

The scratchy bits are rather ice-like, but they look nothing like rock. At all. Unless it's a frozen rock. That is completely coated in several millenia worth of ice. In which case you have succeeded. But then again, maybe not. And wow, full stops are fun.

Yeah I know I fail at rock. D:

DORP

First picture

1 - A little sort-of-ref for Aqala I did ages ago and never bothered to scan.

2 - I dunno lol

Next ones were the start of some comic thing I started while I was in berlin a while ago. I never got out of bed in the morning until someone pulled me out. :0 The other dragon yelling at me there is supposed to be Torch, my sister's dragon character from waaaaaay back. There were waffles and bacon and cherry yoghurt and ZOMG THE BREAKFAST THERE WAS SO AWESOME

Last one is some little doodle I did on the bus for some school trip to the british museum (as if I've never been there before :p). But I colored it with some PRISMAHAX PENCILZ I got for christmas :3

Second picture

A bunch of concepts I did.

First one is some raptor guy with BEEEEEG TEEF.
The second one is some armadillo looking thingy.

I'm no good at coming up with names so they're nameless for now.

After that are a bunch of doodles for areas and stuff. Right one is for some abandoned building thingy like they have in antarctica or somewhere. Left one is a bunch of houses in a village, one of which has a tree coming out of its roof. D:

The bottom two were done by my sister. :B She wanted to help.

Attachments

• sketch dump 1.jpg
    sketch dump 1.jpg
    815 KB · Views: 147
  • bunch of concepts.jpg
    bunch of concepts.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Level 45
Your sister is far more imaginative xD

You should add some spice to your work...you are beginning to slip.

Gee.. I wonder what the hell SPICE and what the hell SLIP means. Because you are soooo vague in insulting.

Py, you need to work on your feet more, not everything is a stubby little teddy bear sorta thing :/
I do see improvements in balance on the concept pictures but the panels are rather messy.

Level 35
Spice = generally make something a little more exciting

Slip = general agreement with the posts said before, 'he is starting to get boring, and his art is suffering'.

I wasn't being insulting at all. Trust me, I could have said far worse. Just because he is Pyritie doesn't mean that when I say something it is insulting. If anything I was complimenting his sister, which is rather strange and unusual of me, considering she shares the same genes as my disagreeable adversary.

Your sister is far more imaginative xD
inorite?

Kimberly said:
Py, you need to work on your feet more, not everything is a stubby little teddy bear sorta thing :/
I do see improvements in balance on the concept pictures but the panels are rather messy.
Yeah I know, feet are probably my weakest point at the moment in terms of anatomy. Either that or hands/faces. P:

Pyritie, as a terrainer, I can tell you that cave is not very sexy. It needs more... stuff... for lack of a better word. So does the background.

Mhmm. I hardly ever do backgrounds so I obviously need to practice them some more, especially with rocks and such :3

Status
Not open for further replies.