• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gray's artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updatezors
New Alien 2.jpg

ps-cs+wacom bamboo. I tried artrage, it was kinda like painter. I never got used to that kind of program. Thanks for the feedback :grin:
Hopefully some of the problems with the snake guy are gone now, I didn't really like it in the first place, exept for the expression :wink:
Special.jpg

Edit: And if your wondering about the vast amount of improvement, I made some really supportive friends who helped me along the way :).
If I didn't have them, especially her, I really wouldn't be able to do this stuff.
Just a ramble XD

Last edited:
Hey everybody :xxd:
I recently entered the concept art contest, and even though I'm not going to win I really enjoyed it. I got a lot out of my submission, and am continuing to exel.
50375d1237830534-concept-art-contest-3-real-demon-submission.jpg

And here's my latest piece, a WIP that is going to prove that trolls can rock just as hard as Arthes
Troll.jpg
He's gonna have a mike and a keyboard :grin:

Edit: My thread, I'll stretch if I want to XD
Troll-2.jpg

Last edited:
Well thanks BerzerkeR, I always liked your weapons, but thought they were lacking something. But Really, the hive was probably the third best thing I've ever done. This community has never ceased to drive me to become better at whatever I can do, and grow immensely. Although I have been horribly inactive, it's been a strange couple of months, but I think I'll keep my art thread alive. I guess I am a testimony that anybody can become a decent artist in a year if they just put their mind to it :D

Level 12
A lot of it is really good, and some parts are very intricate in detail... but you shouldn't leave parts of a body poorly outlined with zero detail, and have barren backgrounds that are comprised of three or so shades of one color.

Not really
I just don't like this guy, mostly because of:
They're alright, but one thing that gets me, is that anyone can use a computer program or drawing tablet to make something that appeals to people, but not anyone can pick up an actual pencil, paint brush, or pen, and make something look good. You've made some good stuff, but have you ever tried making something with these mentioned tools? People would be able to respect and admire what you've made a whole lot better if you use something other then digital art techniques to create art.
Link
I just don't understand this guy. I mean really, he comes up here and posts all over stuff when he has little appreciation for what i'm doing here.

Level 24
Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he doesn't have a good point.
Even if they are WIPs how could he know what parts you were actually going to improve later? It's not like he was being offending or anything.

+ taking the snowmen to the conversation was just stupid. Not like we mock Pyritie about making yellow dragons all the time.
++ NOT AL OF US R PRO AT GRAMMERS LIEK U R!

Butthurt people are the worst.

Level 12
A lot of it is really good, and some parts are very intricate in detail... but you shouldn't leave parts of a body poorly outlined with zero detail, and have barren backgrounds that are comprised of three or so shades of one color.

I told you what was wrong. If you couldn't use context clues to figure out what needs to be fixed, that is your own problem.

If you can't take constructive criticism, or criticism at all, don't bother posting up your work. The only person who seems to have a problem here is you, not anyone else.

Also, I don't just draw snowmen, I paint them on canvas, and T-shirts. I also draw zombies, birds, sunsets, trees, and other types of scenary.

wacom tablet (bamboo)
I was out of line up there, but your post about computer programs is totally incorrect. The art that me and Master_Strikzye or whatever do is mainly with the paintbrush tool, wich is painstaking to use and master. Our art is just as valid as traditional art, which I don't do because I don't have enough money for paints, and already have Photoshop.

Level 12
How easy is it to just select a bigger sized brush to fill in a color more easily, or shrink the size of your brush to do detail work with a pencil, pen, or a paintbrush? Oh wait, you can't just up and change, you'd need a bigger or small tip for what you are doing, a steady hand, and the ability to make no mistakes at all, or at least only mistakes that can be fixed easily or covered up. With a computer program, you can just do undo, and be done with that, easy fixes, and you can whip out something so quickly due to all the advantages given to you. If you can't understand me, that's your fault, not mine. I speak English well enough for anyone to understand me. I believe you're just choosing to not understand, by letting yourself get upset so easily.

I do have admiration for the potential of the digital art you've shown; however my first comment was to only suggest that you actually show some form of rhythem where you put forth detail, and where you don't.

I realized before my first post that these are WIP's, and to think otherwise by what you posted is ridiculous. What you've done is put a great amount of detail, and finishing touches in areas, and then leave certain places entirely undone, or you've done some areas where, by looking at the surroundings, one would assume you are finished with the rather plain point of focus.

Using photoshop is very easy, I picked it up in half of one semester at school after never using it before with great success. It isn't that hard to use. No I didn't master it, but I did at the end of my first semester of my Digital Graphics class in high school my sophmore year. Again, it's easy to just hit undo, and fix a mistake. It's easy to just change your brush size to your liking. It's also very easy to save time compared to using an actual paint brush, pen, or pencil.

If you still think I've not proved my point, well you can just keep to being ignorant and get overly ticked off. I've given you points to improve on, which is what we are here to do, to make people get better at what they do. It is your choice to not accept my constructive criticism.

of course, but there are advantages to traditional art. Before I started this thread, I had only experience with pencil and watercolor. But, finding photoshop much nicer for coloring, it's the ideal choice. I wasn't overly ticked off, its just kinda annoying that I label these as unfinished and then the only advice you have is for me to finish them

Level 12
(...) some parts are very intricate in detail... but you shouldn't leave parts of a body poorly outlined with zero detail, and have barren backgrounds that are comprised of three or so shades of one color.

I know they're WIP's, and unfinished, but the manner in which you left them unfinished left me wondering why you didn't fully detail one area, where as you surrounded the rest with detail. That's all I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

Level 8
gief me sum of ur awezumsauce kk?
Do u do any designing, profesionally?
Oh, i just noticed his left shoulder is kinda deformed, then again it's not a human so meh

Thank you both. mato2, yes I have done a bit of designing in a professional environment. I interned at a web design company, Neutrino Inc, for a summer. It was a lot of fun, but wasn't really what I want to do. I'm probably gonna go deeper into skinning and texturing, but concept art is still a lot of fun. The Abomination Picture was done for the loading screen for xRiotZx's Project Black Winter, but I think that's hit a dead end.

Status
Not open for further replies.