• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[DEAD] Idaero'sArt! ~velato invidia nocte

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Again, two drawings worth noticing, both depicting a character's inner feelings.

About your take on the Juri character, I like the liberties you took with her chara-design. The spider-like clothing on her back now comes clearly to the front, which helps the viewer connect it mentally with the way you drew her hand and fingers. It now becomes reminiscent of a tiny arachnid in some way. Glad to see you are working hard on drawing hands, btw. The right arm seems unfinished at the end, for it has a weird perspective issue, but it is a minor one.

Big asymmetric eyes, very small pupils, somewhat loose and not well-combed hair and a big twisted grin, all indicate some kind of wickedness (if not mental disorder) with her. She probably looks that way in the morning, when she just wakes up and did not have her coffee/breakfast yet. :xxd:

Body language works very well. It is not drawn full-frontal, which makes the pose dynamic. Sensuality/provocation is barely suggested by her waist's stance only, down-right of the drawing. The character is described as having sexual appetites, among other things. Since she is associated with spiders, males should be careful with her obviously... Better shading on her breasts might help make them more apparent, without having to make them bigger nor modify her top. That is, if it is the drawing's intent is to associate the character with sensuality (which I doubt).

The version on the left works better here than the grayscale one imho. More whiteness seems better here.

About the other, unnamed character, anxiety in a world of gray is what comes to mind for me. Of course, this drawing bears similarities with your Elsa drawing, which was kinda showing anxiety in a world of white (snow). Characters depicted are kinda the opposite (blonde with high social rank, vs brunette which seems to be of modest origins because of her simple clothing). The rough graphic technique used here might indicate simplicity, rurality or poverty, depends...

Again, big eyes with very small pupils, plus loose and not well-combed hair, may induce here shock / mental disorder. The rough graphic technique used here might emphasize that feeling. The lips might be a tad pinched or not, can't tell... or is her mouth slightly open in stupor ? Nice minimalist shading suggesting the nose, btw. Please compare to the Elsa drawing, to see the difference. The arm's position (and the drawing overall) suggest catatonia here...

The arms' position also explains the more apparent breasts. Since the drawing's focus is obviously the character's head, they do not distract the viewer. Therefore no problem with them here.

Since some consider them to be the mirrors of the soul, here are two possible ways to emphasize the eyes :
- add a tad more subtle shading around them (bad idea)
- take advantage of the global greyish of the drawing, by making the white in her eyes a tiny bit whiter/cleaner. You might want to retouch them with some software, and not alter your original drawing.

Boy am I wordy today.
And I did not even have my breakfast yet. :grin:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] Give me critque plz. And any kind of comment will be good.
I was much happy to oblige

Two Juri, I made them a couple days ago. Did a small retouch yesterday.[...]
[...] Anyway, that Juri is both wicked and got mental disorder.[...]
Juri appears much saner here.

Recalling most of your previous works, you seem to experiment with more than one graphic style (more on that topic later, possibly).

And the couple, already made that a month ago and made it little by little every day. supposed to be me and my gf. I cant make normal expresion, [...]
:smile:
There is much simplicity and serenity in this one. I like your avatar too, btw.

About neutral expression and portraits, this is not an issue :
http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/10/108995/2190139-ff_79___pg_8.jpg
(from Fantastic Four #79, October 1968 - Art by Jack Kirby)

Full drawing, King size (pun intended)
https://i.imgur.com/0eg6jMS.jpg

.... okay, this took me 30 minutes to finally understand what are you saying here (I realize my English is super suck now) [...]
I repeatedly break THW's Rule #4, that's why. :wink:

.. Wow, I never thought any of those while I drawing. I only make what I think is cool (the spider, that eyes, hand, and the breast). [...]
[...]..... I really dont know what should i write here. Thanks pyf
No need for you to write anything. However, I personally would like to read words from others here. Do not be shy, guys and gals.

Keep up the nice work.

[...] I made those bigger breast because I learned to make them recently, [...] I will improbe my shading.
Looking forward to them your next sketches :grin:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Nothing really special today. Only 2 portrait, reference frim a youtube video showing diferent beautiful girl definition on every decade. I made them a but creepy i guess, still sruck with the creepy style.[...]

Possibly related to drawing realistic characters with slightly warped proportions ?

Yes I always try to find and develop my own style, so i always different thing and experiment it.
More on that later, hopefully...

I cant open that comicvine link. And i think i dont get the pun XD
Works for me. Please see attachment.

Jack Kirby is considered to be the "King of Comics". Hence the pun with "King size", since I am pointing to a big drawing he did.

Glad knowing its not really a problem, but that result is not what i wanted to make...
Works in its own way nonetheless.

wow now I feel so smart because i can easily understand what you wrote here. Or thats because you used more regular english now?
I simply tried to be less boring... :wink:

Attachments

• 2190139-ff_79___pg_8.jpg
    2190139-ff_79___pg_8.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 96

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Nothing really special today. Only 2 portrait, reference frim a youtube video showing diferent beautiful girl definition on every decade. I made them a but creepy i guess, still sruck with the creepy style.

@pyf Thanks for the comment again. I already seen that Disney to realistic images. And its not really related :p

Out of curiosity, what made them creepy then?

The two portraits seemed to have their eyes very slightly too distant from each other. This reminded me of Friday's description (as well as a specific illustration), in French writer Michel Tournier's Friday and Robinson (a version fit for kids/teenagers of Friday, or, The Other Island, by the same author).

Alas, the specific illustration I want to show you is nowhere to be found.

Level 15
More colors. Yay! Who likes color? Not me -_-

Anyway, I put more effort this time. Watch some speedpaints and read some tutorials and stare a lot of art by famous artist.

I think now i'm getting used with color now yay.

First one, Around 4 hours. I color this two time because it looks really bad, but now it still not looks good -_-

Second, made it simple. Around 1 hour.

Third, i decided to color Juri again. This time, more simple. This is the fastest and the best I ever made. Only half hour o.o Believe me or not, i made this while my phone is 1% left. Right after I finished, the phoje died

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Level 24
Nice, you're improving, hard effort you have but it got really good :D

First one, looks a bit lacking of the right colors (and I guess the life), but It's nice enough. :)
Second, not much to say aside from the too blurry look, (looks like female Kirito though ;D)
Third, awe yes! I love it, the color and shading I like! This is a work of great effort, :D. Do you plan on finishing the whole of this?

Level 24
Oh wow, they look better :D,
the sketchiness on the first one lost some of my feel, but its better than the last one.
The second on the otherhand, actually looks good when its sketchy, while not on her face, creates more focus and attention, the shadings on her pajama and her face is the one I likes the most, nice mate :D

Level 15
Now I'm super lazy to use pencil :( Curse you color!!

Just another rework. I think using much black as shadow is bad idea. Hmm...

Thanks for your fredback Edge!!

//edit: new one
//edit2: new two, wipz. One is based Edge45's sketch. Lokin creepy now, i will try to make it cute. one is pure digital (no pencil). Just realized there is minor proportion proprem on her facial. And gonna clean her hand to match her face.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 24
O right then;

1. I like this girl, and the hat, and the hair! (and b**bs too XD). Looks a bit sketchy and blurry, but I guess you drew this traditionally and colored it digitally
2. This one's making is much similar to 1, still blurry and sketchy, but the attention to her eyes looks good.
3. Oo Harley Quin nice, though I personally think those strands in her left eye are fighting attention,
4. This on the otherhand, did you purposely made her like this? Cuz she looks like heavily drunk and seems to want to cuddle you, or much more of a spycho XD. Looks much more dynamic than the rest though, nice
5. If you were referring to this as the pure digital, then I think you should improve this a little more, the outlines are too wide and perhaps use smaller brushes to minimize them. I'll not mind the colors, but its best you use a sharper brush for the eyes since its the place for attention.
Overall, you did better that me in shaping and lighting ^^)
6. Oo wow! I'm actually amaze by this, now this is a beautiful piece! It has a near match at the picture, the lightings in her hair are very good, you actually don't need to look at her eyes to tell, her skin is smooth and the lips adds to the touch. This be a great one my friend, good job ^^

Ah well that's it, you're improving rapidly dude, keep e'm coming :D

Level 15
A LOT OF WIPS!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_9523.JPG IMG_9524.JPG IMG_9525.JPG IMG_9526.JPG IMG_9527.JPG IMG_9528.JPG IMG_9529.JPG IMG_9530.JPG IMG_9531.JPG IMG_9532.JPG IMG_9533.JPG IMG_9542.JPG IMG_9543.JPG IMG_9544.JPG IMG_9545.JPG IMG_9546.JPG

Really nice, I like how you are successfully giving the impression of a solid shape with your coloring and shading. Good work!
Thats only luck I believe
Lovely how much you're improving with facial expressions and overall body proportions. Gotta like the constant bettering of people here : )

Do make more of this, let us showered with good art <3
Errr... lineart are not from me. I only color it. Lineart are from the god of art, Artgerm.

Level 24
Damn, you think you're the only one XD (Kurts works chained me down)
I can't check your videos now but I can say you've grown really good at those portraits, lovin the renders and avatar of yours (harley quinn is it?)

Man, the improvements... I think I'm gonna also sharpen my skills.

Level 15
Might be call this one finished. Damn, i lost my spirits to finish my wips.
(10 Sept, morning) I just realized that my ex gf (but also my crush till now) is already taken o.o Thats explain why i dreamt about her today *_* (damn it was amazing dream). And the guy a bit looks like me, but uglier :/ I'm just gonna wait and see till I graduate, bet they won't together and then she'll be mine muahahahahaha >;(

I really wanted to make new stuff but really dont have any idea :(
Can anyone tell me what should I draw?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: pyf
Level 50
Murlocologist here to give you a tip or two.

It is very nice to see that you are making progress in your drawing. My tip is that you should try to learn more of realistic drawings and do less anime in this stage. Anime drawing is very stylized and mostly people who do professional anime drawings were pretty skilled in realism (from shadowing to proportions) before going for anime. These things seem basic and not so important, but they really are crucial and as soon as you learn realism art aspects you will progress rapidly either in realism or anime drawings.

About your works in here, you need to improve the blur and since I never used program you are drawing with I can't give you any specific solution. What you probably could do in any program is to duplicate layers and apply sharp filters or render further areas like mouth, eyes or nose. For coloring it is a good idea to make it in grayscale first an then duplicate layers with different solid colors and combine them. And you are doing good business with hair coloring.

Also important tip: invest time. Many tutorials of very cool images you encountered probably were with description ''done in 60 minutes'' or similar. Yeah maybe they were done in one hour but note that the person who did them in past probably made a thousand of very similar ones, so he exactly knows what he wants and how will his image look even before he started. Take your time. It sometimes takes days of correcting until you get it right.

Take my example on this. One of my first icons I made here was a sort of a bear, something I did in hour or so:
900.png

After some time I realized this ''bear'' had a thousand of flaws, it also got nearly rejected by icon reviewer, it was given grade 3. So I told myself next icon I will upload will be much better and it will get an easy 5 grade, so I took my time, and in a week, one hour a day of work I made my best icon. Tiger icon.

zuzh.png

In my further icon work I never invested as much as time cos I was too lazy to do that but I wasn't hurrying either.

You are making very nice art so keep it going.

Level 15

Alisa from Tekken. This is a redraw from Raiko Art. I'm trying to recover from Kurt's hentaiForgot her name from LoL. With reference from Raiko Art. Tried to make more realisticHarley Quinn from Suicide Squad. A redraw from i forgot. Still in recovering processA random cosplay. Planned to make realistic, but I stylized it too muchAnother Harley Quinn, a redraw from i forgot. This one got interesting perspectiveJuri from Street Fighter. Try to draw from in game screenshot. Looks so weirdForgot her name from Overwatch. An original one, reference from Overwatch artbook. I have no idea about her arm poseA random female. A redraw, from i forgot. My ex. based from pic, planned to make realistic, but again, i over stylized itMaxine from Life is Strange
IMG_9596.JPG IMG_9597.JPG IMG_9598.JPG IMG_9599.JPG IMG_9600.JPG IMG_9601.JPG IMG_9602.JPG IMG_9603.JPG IMG_9604.JPG IMG_9605.JPG
IMG_9640.JPG IMG_9639.JPG IMG_9634.JPG IMG_9637.JPG IMG_9633.JPG IMG_9635.JPG IMG_9641.JPG IMG_9638.JPG IMG_9632.JPG IMG_9636.JPG
IMG_9686.PNG IMG_9654.JPG

Planned to draw Wonder Woman but got mixed with sorcerer, also i misplaced her "belt". need a lot more reworkShould be a human sorcerer (Warcraft). i think her body is too big. I will try to make detailsMy character is Saints Row. tried to make more realistic. really lazy to darken stuffA proper Wonder Woman. pose is based from a year old sketches, only need more detailRandom Female from Sakimichan. trying to learn to draw boobz. its so hard :(Another Harley Quinn. orginal from a year old sketches. pose is a bit too static thoughA random female from Artgerm. this was a year old sketch, then i have no idea how to finish itAnother Harley Quinn. Original, best pose i ever made. idk how to render properlyMy main character in Saints Row. looking great XD too lazy to erase
IMG_9662.JPG IMG_9663.JPG IMG_9664.JPG IMG_9665.JPG IMG_9666.JPG IMG_9667.JPG IMG_9668.JPG IMG_9669.JPG IMG_9670.JPG too lazy to erase
IMG_9673.JPG IMG_9674.JPG IMG_9675.JPG IMG_9676.JPG IMG_9677.JPG IMG_9678.JPG IMG_9679.JPG IMG_9680.JPG IMG_9681.JPG too lazy to erase
dont mind my foot
too lazy to edit
IMG_9687.PNG too lazy to erase
damn uploading is so slow,
next time i must edit the pic first :(

Attachments

• IMG_9596.JPG
    IMG_9596.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9597.JPG
    IMG_9597.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9598.JPG
    IMG_9598.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Level 15
image.jpg image.jpg
Nothing special today, just sketches. Tried to learn more realistic on face. Also loosen my sketches. I actually too much thinking in actual bidy shape which make it not interesting.

Just realized that the accepted attachment file type is kinda bugged. Its says:
Hiveworkshop said:
Accepted file types:

zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif, 7z, avi, blend, blp, dds, doc, galaxy, gif, j, jpe, jpeg, jpg, m3, max, mdl, mdx, mp3, ms, mse, pdf, png, psd, rar, sc2camera, sc2components, sc2controls, sc2lib, sc2lighting, sc2map, sc2mod, sc2prefs, sc2replay, sc2scene, sc2testconfig, swf, tga, torrent, txt, w3g, w3m, w3n, w3x, wmv, wtc, wtg, zip
Those zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif. Well maybe its to make peole rea the common file types

Level 15
I am back!! I bought 4 GB for this month!! Yay!
Here is some digital art I made a couple weeks ago. I making a lot of Tetsuya Nomura generic pose lol.
*Put some words here*
0106 D.va.JPG 0105 Juri.JPG 0103 Tracer.JPG 0097 Widow.JPG

Attachments

• 0087 Lady.JPG
    0087 Lady.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 0092 Trish.JPG
    0092 Trish.JPG
    284.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 0093 Jinx.JPG
    0093 Jinx.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 0098 Mysterious Hooded.JPG
    0098 Mysterious Hooded.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 0101 Mercy.JPG
    0101 Mercy.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 0102 a doll.JPG
    0102 a doll.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 0104.JPG
    0104.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Level 15
Bump. Just to make my thread is next to Master Kurt's thread. lol
Thank you Edge! also Mastah Kurt!! They looks good on small scale but meh if zoomed in. Have no idea how to make it better :(
I forgot to post this. I made this before those thumbnails. Damn I havent draw for quite long time now. Wasting my time playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, God Eater Resurection, Payday, and Payday 2. I think I will draw some One Piece character later
0011 Lunafreya.JPG

Attachments

• 0007 idk.JPG
    0007 idk.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 0009 HarleyQuinn.JPG
    0009 HarleyQuinn.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 0010 Random.JPG
    0010 Random.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Nice art, Idaero Ace!
Especially the eye-catching ladies, and also, your tutorials help a lot for me. :)

I wonder when can I draw as beautiful as you... Realistic and awesome drawings...
I only hope I can draw as good as you. I try to draw at occasion, but I can only come up with shitty cartoons

P.S. you know how to draw people's face from different point of view? Not just looking straight into people's eyes

Level 15
Sorry to make you waiting. I didnt draw last month so i need some time to recover.
FUCK SOME ATTACHMENT BUGGED!!!!!!! WAIT FOR SOME SEC PLZ!
edit2: FUCK IT GETTING WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. PLZ WAIT

edit3: phew its finally fixed
edit4: just realized that they looks ugly... i'll try to get enough inspiration to improve them

DRAW HEAD WITH DIFERENT HORIZONTAL ANGLE TUTORIAL
IMG_0139 (Custom).JPG

CHAPTER 1 THE BASIC
IMG_0140 (Custom).JPG
So, first thing first, basically, head on diferent angle are the same as front view, they have same rule. But because head is kinda sphere shape, some part wont visible.
See image below, same rule for the guide line are same.
IMG_0141 (Custom).JPG
Then, things you need to know is.... all follow the vertical guide line. Its for the center of face, which mean gonna be place for nose, and chin. Below is the most basic shape for head
IMG_0142 (Custom).JPG
So then, just place the usual guideline. Its the same as front view.
IMG_0143 (Custom).JPG
I usually start with nose for this angle. Its much easier for me. Place it in middle, moving out, then back again. I'm not really sure the correct shape though, just experimenting till get good looking shape XD
IMG_0144 (Custom).JPG
Now, place other features. Eye on usual location, but a bit flatten than the front view. Put the mouth. Usually, I use eyes to measure the mouth. How? Mostly mouth lenght is till around mid eye, even less. I'll explain it later.
IMG_0145 (Custom).JPG
Now put the other eye. To make it easy, it usually take those full side. But, if you want to make it realistic, there is a small gap between that left eye and nose. And, about eyebrow, somehow, on most art, that eyebrow looks conected with nose, looks like in one same curve. You will see it later. For now this might be finished.

CHAPTER 2 MORE STUFF
IMG_0146 (Custom).JPG
A bit break, still remember front face rule? As I said, we still use that for side view.
IMG_0147 (Custom).JPG
Then, If we put it with different angle, its like a box
IMG_0148 (Custom).JPG
LMAO, let see here. We can try follow this. Measure the range from mid guid line to mid face line. The range will be same to range from circle to face limit. But, in side view, head is kinda wider so reduce the range a bit.
IMG_0149 (Custom).JPG
Lets contine place stuff like I expalined early.
IMG_0150 (Custom).JPG
Now, seem I alredy explained all for the main face. Now, the most important thing is the shape. We dont want to make that basic generic flat face all the time, soooo..... roughly we will play around like image below.
IMG_0151 (Custom).JPG
So it might turn like this one. Anyway, neck is always place on the middle guide line, well, around that area.

CHAPTER 3 MORE RANDOM STUFF
IMG_0152 (Custom).JPG
Now, lets see here. Process is still the same. Make guide line, decide where he headed. Then make the nose first. But now, we are doing more to sided, so mostly, the nose and eyebrow looks like conected. for the mouth, it will seems shorter to the right, because as I said, mouth is up till mid eye, so it got flaten on that rigth.
Then, continue for the eye. Although you hardly see that right eye, but its reallly important to make it!.
IMG_0153 (Custom).JPG
Lets try zoom in! the eye still there but got flattten. (I am not really good for making big thing)
IMG_0154 (Custom).JPG
The flat area, not really flat, just kinda flat. nothing is flat actually. Hmmm... kinda confusing.
IMG_0155 (Custom).JPG
And, we can try to learn the side view too. Its still the same, it just got more flat eye, more shape on face. Also, head is a bit wider from side view.
IMG_0156 (Custom).JPG
Now, I already explained all, lets re start it agian. First the guide lines (cirlce, mid line, horizontal line for head and nose, and last vertical line for where it headed, and make basic shape)
IMG_0157 (Custom).JPG
Then, continue to nose. Really simple
IMG_0158 (Custom).JPG
THen, continue.lol
IMG_0159 (Custom).JPG
Place the eyes. and impove the shape
IMG_0160 (Custom).JPG
And its done. WTF. making mouth is so hard

Lets try make this one for exercise
IMG_0138.JPG IMG_0161 (Custom).JPG
Even I need to make it twice to make it acceptable, so practice alot. Best way to learn is learn from another art. Try to copy other arts. Although it might be bad, but you can easily find mistakes there.

edit:
hmmm... anyway, I already planned things to do for my lifetime
-make a lot of Final Fantasy XV fanart (pretty high priority but nvm)
-make a story telling art of Final Fantasy XV (high priority)
-make a christmas themed Final Fantasy XV art
-make a full set of Final Fantasy XV male character
-make a full set of Final Fantasy XV female character
-make a full set of Final Fantasy XV summons/gods/the six
-make a Final Fantasy XV family picture
-recreate my Original character again
-put all my OC in a paper
-refine my OC story (pretty high priority but nvm) (mightbeimpossible)
-make a story telling of my OC story (mightbeimpossible)
-make some more tutorial butidontknowwhattomakesopleaserequestitlikedirective255
-make more tutorial (high priority)
FAILED -wont make digital art anymore (high priority)
FAILED -dont wasting time by drawing on iPhone (high priority)
-love my pencil
-get more reps by deepstrasza (S class mission)
DONE -resurrect Master Goblin (S class mission)
-get Master Goblin aproval (S class mission)
-summon Papa Ralle here (S class mission) (mightbeimpossible)
-make Papa Ralle compliment my art (S class mission) (mightbeimpossible)
DONE -get featured in facebook page
-get 99999999999999 reps by Papa Ralle (S class mission) (mightbeimpossible)
-get a wacom or pen tab or whatever its called on mid 2017 , sothatsmeanineedtogetpassedtothebestuniversityinmycountrytheniamsure100%mysisterwillboughtwhateveriwantyay:) (high priority)

Last edited:
Level 15
Thanks! Its a bit confusing, but there is one thing i know for now: Color is suck. lol. Well, it seems its mostly my problem. I saved a lot of artwork and they looks good on my laptop and iphone. So i need to choose some proper better color.

And, I made another noob tutorial, because i am totally not satisfied with my previous tuts. More like my step by step for now. Its cleaner, direct to point, no bullshiting, and better. Still on same topic.

Attachments

• TUTZ.jpg
    TUTZ.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 21
Thanks! Its a bit confusing, but there is one thing i know for now: Color is suck. lol. Well, it seems its mostly my problem. I saved a lot of artwork and they looks good on my laptop and iphone. So i need to choose some proper better color.

And, I made another noob tutorial, because i am totally not satisfied with my previous tuts. More like my step by step for now. Its cleaner, direct to point, no bullshiting, and better. Still on same topic.
Wow, thanks a lot! Much better now and clearer to me! :D
I'm gonna bookmark your new tutorial

Level 49
I have no really a lot of expirience in shaping faces, and so far is not a strong part of my works, but i can give some notes that can help you with getting angles etc and have a true 3D looking. First of all you need to understand that behind skin and muscles there is a hard bone carcass - skull, and this mostly makes the shape of a head. Then you should watch and notice how shade comes around skin. Just look like an artist on people around you. The shade means shape, so, once u figure out some rule of a human head shape you can start to practice with shapes of faceparts, do thing that all girls mostly love when they pick a pencil in hands - draw eyes, lips, noses, chins etc. But not from the one POV like most people do, but from different angles, with different expressions - you should catch how each of these parts modifie with a usual facial expressions, how face transforms from smily, to angry - etc. In few month of practice you will get fantastic results :)

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Also fyi, something fun to toy with:
f.luxometer

Quoting:
"Our f.luxometer project collects data for dozens of devices and filters (available for re-use). The "References" section is more up to date, so for a current view of the circadian impact of light and some nice visualizations, we recommend taking a look."

More reading:
f.lux - research

I personally use f.lux on my laptop. Watching the screen when all is dark around me feels a lot more comfortable. But one has to get accustomed to it.

It does not help improve my sleep in any way, though.

Level 24
Yay Lord PeeKay finally appear in my thread! Its really a honor!
Those are the real proper way to learn drawing. Hard but will have best proper result. Although it seems like a long journey, but it actually much faster than just learn those stylized thingy. I did some study about those thing a bit, only a couple days, and the result was so fantastic and made me feel I'm already good. And you see now I'm still stuck on same level lmao XD

Anyway, I planned to continue my tutorial. Maybe this time I will try to redirect to some useful thing in internet. Finished result on attachment, will post the tutorial tomorow (I actually hate to edit and typing, but I have no choice). And wow, thank you Directie255 for making me draw again :)
And again, seriously, each time I redone the eyes it will looks weirder, and i cant get it back to normal.

Oooh, the hair got good, from the neck to the face too, looks all fine actually, nice one ^^. Oh, and if you don't mind, I would like use this sketch for coloring purposes the same way you did with Artgerm's. Will it be okay?
(Btw, The only wierdness I see in it is the small body (& no b***s too : P))

I have no really a lot of expirience in shaping faces, and so far is not a strong part of my works, but i can give some notes that can help you with getting angles etc and have a true 3D looking. First of all you need to understand that behind skin and muscles there is a hard bone carcass - skull, and this mostly makes the shape of a head. Then you should watch and notice how shade comes around skin. Just look like an artist on people around you. The shade means shape, so, once u figure out some rule of a human head shape you can start to practice with shapes of faceparts, do thing that all girls mostly love when they pick a pencil in hands - draw eyes, lips, noses, chins etc. But not from the one POV like most people do, but from different angles, with different expressions - you should catch how each of these parts modifie with a usual facial expressions, how face transforms from smily, to angry - etc. In few month of practice you will get fantastic results :)

This be a great tip that I could keep in mind.

Level 15
Oooh, the hair got good, from the neck to the face too, looks all fine actually, nice one ^^. Oh, and if you don't mind, I would like use this sketch for coloring purposes the same way you did with Artgerm's. Will it be okay?
(Btw, The only wierdness I see in it is the small body (& no b***s too : P))
Thanks! Of course it will be okay! Looking forward to it :)
I just remember that the one I used to color is not Artgerm's, it's from another artist in Singapore (idk why i think most Singapore artist I know have same style o.o)

edit: A secret tutorial time yay!!! (named "third b.jpg")
As I promised, sorry for the delay. I need to make some separate tuts for eyes, nose, and mouth.
My tutorial is not perfect and might be had something wrong, I highly recommend another tuts on internet, lol. I think I need to rename it to "Personal Tutorial". The images inside the image are kinda blurry because I scale it down and scale it up again, my bad. Next personal tutorial gonna tell you how I copying a image (IMG_0202.JPG)

edit 7: and anyway, foud this decent tutorial, mostly the same as my way, there are 3 parts

edit 2: another secret tutorial. and there is 3 users viewed my image XD
My way to copying images. Turned ugly though, but I'm just gonna put it here. (named "copying1.jpg")
So, copying might be a good way to learn and enjoying drawing at same time. But ofcourse only doing that wont be good. You need to think "why its like that?" "what is that?" "is it really like that?", and find out, compare a lot of images. At same time you also practice your hand to draw. And by copying, you can easily know your mistakes by compare it to the original. Like I did, I find a lot mistakes. SO then when you draw something similar you know what to do.

edit 3: secret sketchy time!!!
IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0227.JPG IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG <-my lovely Lady Lunafreya Nox Fleuret !!
I wonder how long this will last. That will be awesome!! An extremely long post full of drawing XD

edit 4: Yes! Still 3 views thats mean no one notice this. Surely I need to give a present for people who notice this! another quick 20 minutes secret midnight sketchy time! this is Noctis Lucis Caelum, main character from Final Fantasy XV. He is the young king of Lucis kingdom. He also the chosen. He planned to go to Attlisia for his marriage, but things is not going as he thought. -to be continued lol I planned to make a full synopsis of this game including some fan art like this one! So it will be interesting. I already finished chapter 1 from 15 synopsis. But drawing a scene is seriously hard!!
image.jpg

edit4: its been 12 since last edit, and around 18 hours since this post posted, and still 3 view! No one notice this secret edit yay!
And just another wuick 20 minites skethcy. I thing I'm "quantity over quality" guy. But, just wait till i got a wacom and I'll be "quality over quantity ", which mean super art yay!!
She is Lunafreya Nox Fleuret, Prince Noctis's bride-to-be. She is the former princess of Tenebrae. Tenebrae has fallen to the empire, her mother killed, and his brother become a high rank in Empire army. Also she is the Oracle, the one who will help and guide "the choosen one"
image.jpg

edit 5: more quick secret sketchy!! This time Prompto Argentum, a close friend to Noctis, since in school. He is only normal citizen from normal family, unlike other Noctis' friend. He really like photography.
image.jpg image.jpg

edit6: last edit: 35 minutes ago. I wonder when i can make a real art, not like this quicky sketchy. Anyway, this is Ardyn Izunia, a high chancellor of Niffleheim. Also known as "Suspicious Stranger" and "Creepy Old Guy" by Noctis' group. He seems always following Noctis' group.
image.jpg

edit7: And, not a Final Fanatsy Xv stuff. This is my OC Katarina Claudia. I think this nearly final redesign. Idk why but somehow she has mostly same role as Luna from FF15. I made her before I know ff15 story.
image.jpg
And I think i wont draw again till around Tuesday. Not in home. But I'll try to draw on my notebook:)

Attachments

• third b.jpg
    third b.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 31
  • copying1.jpg
    copying1.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: pyf
Level 15
BUMP. SURPRISE! Well, not really a surprise. Hmm...
But, anyway! Just another drawing of Lunafreya Nox Fleuret. (img 0278) My gorgeous Luna :)

edit1: Turn 3 of my sketchy leechies from my previos post to something better! (image.jpg) I think I'll name it "Sketchy Tofu". wtf.

Attachments

• IMG_0278 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0278 (Custom).JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg