1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

"Project WarSoc"

Discussion in 'Project WarSoc' started by MindWorX, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireBlaze

FireBlaze

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the no player limit, as it very well could usher on a new golden age of map making =D. Too bad sc2 is about to come out and obsolete it, so you might want to consider porting it over when it comes out.
    Also, what do you mean by prehosted games?

2. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey... i suggest you to make something like and Dinamic Grahpical User Interface... and advanced one :p
    I saw something like that on Wc3Campaigns...
    Maybe, using custom natives, you can make a better DGUI :razz:
    And how about some more WE hacks?
    So long, the units have normal collision with infinite height and depends on movement type, but not special collision heights!
    instead of using entity engines, you can add units an extra collision type!
    To make them like real 3D things...
    And, with these you can also make an EntityAPI, and i think it's self-explanatory :xxd:
    This will help users a LOT!
    And i think one more thing SHOULD be added : GUI packs with all the natives you added... You must realise thet, by making these GUI functions, RTC will attract much more users! double or triple!

3. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is this dead?

I'd like to see some progres..

4. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Me too...

5. FireBlaze

FireBlaze

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like to see someone answer my question about prehosted games :gg:

6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    According to what MindWorX told BoneBreaker (Which he won't tell me!) it's very much alive. Finding the time to post on the forums is the issue here, apparently. So I believe it's still moving, it's just that its developers cannot find the time in their schedule to actively read and post at the Hive, which is understandable in my opinion.

However, even a small update from one of the big guys of this project such as MindWorX would be a lot more reassuring and relieving.

~Craka_J

7. SFilip

SFilip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hopefully everything that needs to be said, summed up:
    • Mindy has been very busy IRL lately, but I've been actively working on the project whenever I had the time (which turned out to be more often than I'd expect actually).
    • There isn't really much of a point in occasionally just posting "we're alive". A simple bot could do that.
    • There isn't much of a point in posting the "progress" as in case of this project it would be either technobabble which 2 or 3 people would understand or a very nasty, roughly estimated percent (I really hate it when I see people say "MY MAP IS 62.79% COMPLETE").
    • Project is alive until you see a thread with the title "Project RtC is dead".

For what we know now DGUI (and pretty much anything related to drawing stuff on screen or "deep engine hacking" like collision) won't happen anytime soon. Technical impossibility. Maybe later, maybe never.

Prehosted game refers to the fact that, right now, players can't join an ongoing game - they all must join it before it starts. With WarSoc API, you'll be able to bypass that.

And finally:
    "Patience is the companion of wisdom." --Augustine

8. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Technobabble is what you use to shut them up. :D

As well as the 2 or 3 people that understand.

9. sk8er754

sk8er754

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you can just manage the prehost ability with more then the current people being able to join a map, that would be awesome.

RPG games are sorta dead in wc3 I think mainly cause people like alot of player interaction. 30minutes into an rpg, and u have only 6people or so left. The 3rd person camera in wc3 also sorta sucks lol.

If someone could combine a good 3rd person camera inside a warsoc rpg map you could probably have like a mini WoW.

A mb limit of over 5mb could help in some cases.

10. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wc3 : WoW | A modification for 'Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne' Craka_J is going to use this extension to make his map a mmorpg.

11. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I bet it will be more popular than WoW itself!

12. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Haha, yeah right:xxd:

That will probably not happen, but it can get really popular.

13. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I bet not. :(

14. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    WTF?!
    you think negative..

15. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're exaggerating :wink:. It'll not become as popular but it'll become a popular mod.

16. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He's thinking realistically. WarCraft III is an old and dying game and many more people play World of WarCraft already that prefer it over WarCraft III, and I seriously doubt that some engine bending modding tools would renew the activity and popularity of WarCraft III, out populating a game that has over 10 million players. However, I'm sure many modders for WarCraft III who once modded for WarCraft III will return. :smile:

~Craka_J

17. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hehe guys, i knew what i said... >=D
    And when Wc3 : WoW will be bugless, it will be like a magnet for WoW players!

18. SFilip

SFilip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rest assured that Blizzard will bring it down if it becomes too popular.

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I doubt that it'd attract enough of their monthly payers for Blizzard Entertainment to feel inclined to revoke the Wc3:WoW project.

~Craka_J

20. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I agree. If a project is bringing players back to wc3, i don't think blizzard will stop it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.