• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
As WarSoc seems to make every map quite hard to make from the start, what kind of maps do you plan to Soc?

Things that crossed my mind are Tag, DotA-style, LoaP-style, and RP (who suffers the hardest from the "prehost" thing...)

But...what maps DO you plan to convert? jest wondering yaknow...to see what WarSoc will actually do...

Level 19
That'll be the pimps :). A 3d mmorpg world where the creator can easily change the terrain and enviroment is what sticks out in my head. Basically the creation of everything will be available =D.

The WarSoc will use I believe it is called "handles"(Jass only + handles). They are mean stuff for us GUI triggerer and will probably stop us from making maps with WarSoc.

Level 7
Yea thats what i remembered. I think i remember that you even have to know jass or something like that just to make all the basic spells since none of them will be useful in warsoc if i remember right.

I wasnt planning on learning jass but if warsoc comes out ill probably have to.

Level 19
Yea thats what i remembered. I think i remember that you even have to know jass or something like that just to make all the basic spells since none of them will be useful in warsoc if i remember right.

I wasnt planning on learning jass but if warsoc comes out ill probably have to.

I believe they have to make everything out of handles. Is WarSoc released?

Level 20
What is this nonsense about 'handles'??

RtC uses a modified common.j (native function library) which holds many many new natives that allow you to do awesome and different stuff. There are no 'handles' involved directly with RtC... Dunno where you got that idea.

Yes, the demo FPS was released, but that was just to test a little bit of RtC, and to show that progress had been made. The team has started working on a full first-person shooter map which will feature a template-like FPS system that pretty much anyone (with Jass knowledge) can implement into their map. Recently, though, work has kind of slowed down. Hopefully things will start back up again in the next weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.