• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok now you guyz realy made some progress these days, still I have some Questions:

1.50 Diferent Creeps in 5 areas...WTF!?I mean Its okay but that means that by single area you have about 10 diferent creeps...I gues its not like Skeletons and Murkures (or something like that :) together...I mean its like stupid to have tham all diferent...What I think is to have like Skeleton Mage, Skel. Warrior etc...and so for others cuzz you cant combine water creeps with undead creep right (or whatever :)

2.I love passive units, that will add on quality of the gameplay and the feal of the game (still I think you should not set crabs in the middle of the swamp -example- =)

I love the Idea :)

3.Swamps terrain increased?

What is increased?

4.Why The_Mirai is not in SotP Staff list?

5.Bugs and other guyz doin an amazing job (so far)

6.I love there are so many items to chose from--thx Kobas-- :)

7.When is that Demo coming out!?

Thank you i will suport you as much as I can :)

Level 16
SotP_Orb.png
Progress...
Wednesday, November 9 2011 19:56
------------------------------------------------------

Today i officialy quit my leadership position and left it for Spasorc, i believe that i havent done enough work as a leader and he have alot more experience then me. I would like to thank you all for my time as leader and say Congratz :D.

Btw... i wont leave project, just letting him get the leadership of objectdesigners as he deserves it.

Last edited:
Level 11
Ok I dl the System and will test it soon :)

------Edit------

It does not works when pet needs to be Summoned but the consept and the base is great!

Easy to use and control and still wery easy to make...and with 10x more in SotP it will be great...

-marko9

------Edit------x2

hey Man I love the Main Page you should do the rest like that and update the Archives a little bit more to get people more interested :)

Also please Read the Main page again I think you have some Grammar isues and you have writen some letters that should not be written In that place xD also I hope you will be working on Project Members List cuz its empty...good luck and have a nice day (^_^)

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Trailer?

I think you guys should start working on a trailer or something?

Good Luck with the map, waiting for it!

And about the main page. The text thing there you are using is very nice but I would make the edges same color than background of Hive it would be very much nicer. Now the color just instantly changes and you see it is a square with text. :) Just my opinion.

Then pet system. Why it stops working when I add something to the map? Quite sad :(

Then - Call Pet sets the pet exactly to your hero (On it!) that is quite stupid spamming that your hero just move diagonally to southwest until hero is at the edge of map and then starts moving left -.-' Fix that cause it can be used to move trought some objects like if 2 trees are diagonally placed and a hero cant enter trought it but spamming call pet you can cause it teleports other side of the trees ^^ otherwise nice system.

Last edited:
I just finished with upgrades there will be 4 different pets.

Fire (Superb against group of units, has splash attack, spells he can learn can deal area damage etc etc)
Water (Good against single targets, can slow units, even freeze them, can steal mana from units and give it to hero etc)
Poison (Good against both group or single targets, deals damage over time, has venom like abilities)
Shadow (Reduce armor, damage, can reduce enemy stats etc, but low damage)

Each pet can be sacrificed for greater good:
Fire will burn everything in huge area.
Water will freeze all enemy units around it.
Poison will remove negative buffs from hero and positive from enemy units.
Shadow will silence enemy units and cause them to miss.

If you sacrifice your pet, you won't be able to summon it for next 30 seconds.

In demo that I want to present to you you will be able to have water or fire elemental.
Also you will be able to update them (from Apprentice to Novice level). You will find other elementals in other camps/towns, as well as upgrades.

While summoned pet drain hero mana equal to it conjuration magic class value.
Ranger don't lose mana.

Pet is created from pure energy (mana), you can summon or unsummon it anytime.
Hero mana = 0 => Pet die.
Also you can call pet to your hero anytime.

Summoning, calling or unsummoning don't cost mana and don't have cooldown.

Each pet has some base spell, ability. (PASSIVE ONLY)

OH I want to show you small part of whole story, maybe will you find it interesting:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/archive-679/story-207090/#post2048143

Level 11
Yea I love that you sorted pets this way and that they have PASSIVE spells becuze, after all you are not your pet (still you should set something like on Priest's heal ability do you want your pet to attack or not you know?)

I however dont like the idea of that when you lose all the mana your pet dissmises!?
But its your idea and I know you will do it great :)

Story Is awsome I love it ! ^_^

Good luck and have a nice day...

Level 11
Very nice, I see its not the actual map but...:(

I love that Eclipse If you could only shape up the UI but thats not possible :)

Love the spell and the look of the Pet (gues this one is Fire=)

Items look nice in the Inventory and I so much cant wait for this :)

Keep up the good work guyz = )

-marko9

----Edit----

By the way I saw that new Main Page it looks so much better.

When I saw that Small Galery pictures i thought you Updated Galery but you did not...but anyway its awasome :)

Last edited:
Well I'm learning vjass ^_^
So I now mostly do improving jass, or should I say, converting jass to vjass ^_^

I finally added new item for ranger class (trophy).

I'm working on items now, idea is to generate abilities when unit pick it.
This way I can improve stats, both trigger made and object editor created ones.

Dunno if this has any sense to you but we have 200 items right now. I need to optimize this because when we double or triple that number it will be hell of work to do.

Level 16
SotP_Orb.png
Resigning
Monday, Nov 28 2011 11:10

Thanks for a good time, i hope this project will archive greatness once it is finished.

-Kobas-, Thanks for giving me work to and archive some experience in warcraft modding.

Geries, Thanks for all the great time we had together :D, we really had some fun trolling and spamming kobas :D (sorry boss).

Maggy, I just hate you (nah kidding) we had some fun while you was here :D

Spasorc, Sorry for giving you more work, but i know you can do it :D Thanks for helping me out once i was leader.

Axarion, Where the fuck have you been? I miss you on skype:')

Level 11
SotP_Orb.png
Resigning
Monday, Nov 28 2011 11:10

Thanks for a good time, i hope this project will archive greatness once it is finished.

-Kobas-, Thanks for giving me work to and archive some experience in warcraft modding.

Geries, Thanks for all the great time we had together :D, we really had some fun trolling and spamming kobas :D (sorry boss).

Maggy, I just hate you (nah kidding) we had some fun while you was here :D

Spasorc, Sorry for giving you more work, but i know you can do it :D Thanks for helping me out once i was leader.

Axarion, Where the fuck have you been? I miss you on skype:')

WTF!? whY!?

Level 24
Well, good luck with your project I've been wieving for a long time and have not actully said anything so I felt like I had to say something. ;)

New quest added today :)
Also I improved 1 old one.

Guys I decided!
ACV (Ability Class Value) will be editable as well :D

ACV below 0.5 has no effect on spells (You can't learn spell or cast it)
ACV 0.51 - 1.49 normal effect
ACV 1.50 - 1.99 bonus effect (increased duration, damage, bonus effects etc)
ACV above 2.0 mega bonus (spells usually act totally different, awesome effects, sometimes spells last forever, can be multiplied etc etc).

Any damage calculated with hero stats, items etc etc is at the end edited with ACV (Final damage = damage * ACV)

Some items like staffs will increase Destruction Power by 0.01/0.1 etc
Some quest will add permanent bonus to class value.
Some birth signs will add permanent bonus to class value.
Each class has different class value (Sorcerer has Combat Power set to 0, Squire has Destruction Power set to 0 etc etc).

So in other word, number of things (stats/attributes etc) that items, classes, events etc can increase increased to number around 15.

So imagine how 1 legendary item can look like:
Example:
Ancient Elvish Sword of Brutality

+175 Damage
+15% Damage
+55% Attack Speed
+10% Critical Chance
+1.0 Critical Multiplier Value
+5% Bash Chance
+1.0s Bash Duration
+0.3 Combat Power
+10% Cleaving Attack

Can be activated for bonus 10% Critical Strike and 55% Attack Speed for 15 seconds.
Unlock Ability Legendary Level: Brutal Attack

Also don't forget things like, spell critical values, resistances, damage types, reflection, dodge, luck and many other things ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.