• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Yeah!

It will start well but I think we should warn Kobas that he wont stole whole map files from him... you know... hes a pirate...

Did you upgrade the credits Kobas?

And keep work on guyz

And if somebody haven´t noticed there is screenshots from SotP in the Credits picture in the main screen...

Last edited:
I will upload it, thanks, I forget about it :)

SotP_Orb.png
Progress...
Tuesday, Dec 06 2011 02:00
------------------------------------------------------
Guys I added 4th quest few sec ago. I will add another one tomorrow and that would be enough for demo. Items are almost finished, I finally added all into item handle system.
We have few new unit (NPC) models, large number coming.
I fixed like 10 bugs and improved some spells.

I still need to add like 50 items (Spasorc job).
Import and improve few systems (Magtheridon job).
And import few new models (PROXY job).

I will work more, but school is killing me right now.
I will finally add loading screen and work on music this week.

Last edited:
Level 11
I will upload it, thanks, I forget about it :)

SotP_Orb.png
Progress...
Tuesday, Dec 06 2011 02:00
------------------------------------------------------
Guys I added 4th quest few sec ago. I will add another one tomorrow and that would be enough for demo. Items are almost finished, I finally added all into item handle system.
We have few new unit (NPC) models, large number coming.
I fixed like 10 bugs and improved some spells.

I still need to add like 50 items (Spasorc job).
Import and improve few systems (Magtheridon job).
And import few new models (PROXY job).

I will work more, but school is killing me right now.
I will finally add loading screen and work on music this week.

5 q for DEMO - nice job I expected 2 lol

I realy cant wait, I think that the DEMO will boost the thing up ! :D

Level 24
Yea, I have to agree with marko this is awesome news, keep working untill your eyes start bleeding then work alitle more. ;)

Level 24
Yea I know I'm funny, even though my jokes most of the times end with only me laughing or ending up with everyone laughing at me, this is a nice change.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
-Kobas-

I was reading the Home Page of Shadows of the Past...

I found few fluffs from it...

For now I think the most horrible marko9's name is written marko09 I think it should be fixed before you release the demo. Atleast if you write his name to the map infos or something ...

Ain´t that horrible marko9?

Suggestion - Maybe you could make titles/credits to ingame also? Would be cool cause I think no one haven´t done that yet ( with floating texts or something like that)

I would support this project with 100e but I already sent this message ;<

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hmm...

Are you going to publish the models which you have made for the map after it comes out... Just would like to test them that can I do anything with them.

You know Hive haves only few terraining models which are really cool and well done.

Like in Gaias Orpg you used that lovely bridge and those walls of the town did you make them all by your self? So I have heard.

New forum somewhere? No replies for years...

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi -Kobas-. Why i cannot download this map?
In 40% of progress in download, these download is stoped self!
Why?
Please, give me a instruction.

Level 24
Probebly your firewall/antivirus program is blocking the download or you lost internet or connection with the website you downloaded the w3x file from.

marko9 I fixed that name problem. Sorry for this.

You are free to use forums, maybe I even sticky some great topics and discussions.

Mr.Foxy dunno what can cause problem, maybe some internet or just site problems, that can happen both on this or your side of connection. Try few times...

Level 24
It's great to see that you're still working on full, good luck with the project and have a nice chrismas everyone.

WoW, Kobas...
fix that camera D:
i got killed by a giant spider and couldn't even see it @@

lol use arrow keys to zoom in and out or rotate it around hero.
Btw spider is area 2 boss (by power level). So you need to:
A) Use crystal/mithril weapons/items (dropped in area 3 that I didn't created :p)
B) Use cheats :D

Thanks for present -Kobas- ;)
;)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Tested Map

So I tested the map with Normal and Easy. With Ranger, Squire and Sorcerer classes. Now I add + things and - things of the map. I could not play the map that long cause of some - things which make the gameplay very hard or awful... Sorry now -Kobas-

First I was looking that the camera is pretty awful but after I foxed out how to use that it was pretty nice. Though near cliffs or in forests it is not that good.

Now I add + things

+ Custom camera ( You could say how to use it somewhere )
+ Very Nice Terrain ( Though sometimes spammed too much like flowers )
+ Cool Class selecting system
+ Health Bars ( Are not booring usual ones )
+ Very big bonus the creatures moves now! ( mah suggestah! )

There was few things that I noticed with short gameplay before I was freaked out... I played the map sometime and noticed that the monsters did not drop anythings x.x also my hero was going slower and attacking slower which made impossible to play with Ranger class until I figured out that food system... ( Maybe say it somewhere ) and by the way it is so hard ! I could not find enough food to eat and at last my food was -59 and I stopped playing cause me heros movement speed was so slow that took years to find anything which from I could get something to eat. By the way -Kobas- the "Loot System" is very nice ( After you know that something like that exists though the looting time is very short.) Also it was pretty strange that bear dropped water melons o_O well then I was thinking that it is okay bears eat vegetables but sometime after that a wolf dropped a sausage chain x.x

Well I know that it is not so important what units drop but if you do map like this I would expect that creatures drops that they are meant to. Like meat.

Well also the health was pretty hard to get. I could not regen anywhere faster and I ate all the food cause I did not want to move with snail speed

Also I was dissapointed (after I played Squire class (first class I played with)) that some of the spells are lacking hotkeys. For example ranger you have ensnare and somekind of wave or something... Have you tried yourselves? It is pretty hard to control camera and your character sametime but also need to click the spell icons and then to monsters. Also the angle of the camera makes sometimes hard to click the creature and always missclick it and then you just run somewhere and then your camera is in a tree and then you see you are dead... Now I have bad feelings about this cause I could not create anything like that amazing. Even though I have not even said the - things.

Well now I have talked about the camera I could move to map. It is quite hard to know where you are ( Which is actually sometimes good ) but it is quite frustrating to walk in some forest with movement speed of 50 while monsters are roaming on you and you do not even know where to go...

So I would suggest a map ( Item )

Phew this is going to be my longest post...

Came to mind "monsters roaming on you" that I found wolf which was running on a wall of a mountain then I killed it with spells and I could not even loot it...

Well then I could say the - things...

-Missing map ( Like I said )
-I think it is too hard ( Atleast there is huge differences between classes )
-Hotkeys missing ( Some spells lacking hotkeys )
-The vision at night is too short can't see well which makes the playing worse
-You have that somekind of "do action spell" I think it does not even work
-Food system is so hardcore ( I think I would go with slower regenation oslt. )
-Unbalanced classes ( You can kill everything in the start with Sorcerer )
-Loot and camera system are not mentioned anywhere

Also this is Single Role Playing game hmm... Well this is like orpg that you play alone. Like you start somewhere called "Empire Camp" and no one tells you where to go or what to do you do few quests to the people in the camp...
Well I might be wrong with this. This is only demo :)

So there was pretty many - things most of them are more or less easy to fix but I think worst is the "Food System"

Otherwise it would be very nice to play but some of the gameplay "systems/things" freaks the player out and makes him/her to stop playing (Atleast they made me)

Also found few bugs which can be found at Bug Report section.

Thanks for your time Have a Nice Christmas!

Nice work -Kobas- I hope I did not insult you. Just improve things and it will be P.E.R.F.E.C.T

Last edited:
Nice work -Kobas- I hope I did not insult you. Just improve things and it will be P.E.R.F.E.C.T
Not at all, honestly I would like to see more posts like this one. Food systems and everything else is fine for me, because I get used to it, but it seams like problem to you all, thinking fast, I decided to add few items with hint description to that Master Wizard Anaxes , clicking on him you will see list of abilities with description about systems and settings so far created.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I like the idea. Because Anaxes says something like "Feel free to ask if you need something" or something like that though now you can´t ask anything from him can only buy teleportation scrolls.

And by the way -Kobas- I think I was wrong with the food system just need to get used to it. Though sometime it is like "bugged" like you have low health though you have eaten already too much or something like that...

...though I think it cannot be fixable... still I would go for that it cannot be under 0 or something like that cause it is stupid that it goes to -70 so hard to get it away from there... well though you should not even let it go there but still.

I like the idea. Because Anaxes says something like "Feel free to ask if you need something" or something like that though now you can´t ask anything from him can only buy teleportation scrolls.
Exactly.

And by the way -Kobas- I think I was wrong with the food system just need to get used to it. Though sometime it is like "bugged" like you have low health though you have eaten already too much or something like that...

...though I think it cannot be fixable... still I would go for that it cannot be under 0 or something like that cause it is stupid that it goes to -70 so hard to get it away from there... well though you should not even let it go there but still.
I improved few triggers right now, and I will fix this food system for sure, it's simple condition that will block food from going below 0.
Also some items or abilities will be able to increase max food so you can eat more.
Btw if you eat 2 much you will overfeed your hero and he will be slowed again, this is added to block possibility to attack boss with 1000 food items :)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Wouldn´t it be easier to just add Cooldown thing to the items? That would make impossible to spam them...

And hows the "Thief Class Item" thing working trying to fix it still? Or figured out what was wrong?

And who placed the (item)plants to the map. They are so well hidden that I would like to give him some rep. They fit verywell into environment.

-What rock models you use in caves. Love them they look so amazing.

Wouldn´t it be easier to just add Cooldown thing to the items? That would make impossible to spam them...
I want to make something unique :)
And hows the "Thief Class Item" thing working trying to fix it still? Or figured out what was wrong?
Forget to check that grrrr...
And who placed the (item)plants to the map. They are so well hidden that I would like to give him some rep. They fit verywell into environment.
I did that, I will do same with gems/rudes and bones/creep remains.
-What rock models you use in caves. Love them they look so amazing.
I used ones from high res doodads pack, but texture on them is optimized (ahs reduced quality by half or so)...

Status
Not open for further replies.