• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
101751d1305109068-archive-rules-05.png
Progress...
Sunday, February 20 2011 11:14
------------------------------------------------------
Item Class System Finished!

Last edited:
Progress...
Sunday, February 20 2011 16:30
Created few uncommon items and added them to system.

EDIT:
Progress...
Sunday, February 20 2011 16:37
All gem items are created!

Last edited:
Ahahaha well mas miss large number of interior resources, will add them in future :)

Progress...
Sunday, February 20 2011 22:38
Uncommon items are nearly finished, just polishing and descriptions left :)

EDIT:

Monday, February 21 2011 02:30
Progress...
Thursday, May 12 2011 01:03
Item Descriptions are fixed, gold cost calculated, few bugs with items fixed.
Tomorrow I guess: Creating systems for displaying story and working on finishing items for demo version!

EDIT 2:

Progress...
Monday, February 21 2011 14:08
Working on mixed interior and dungeon like terrain :)
Main story Quest related!
Check Attached image :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
Level 22
Wait a second, round off? What? How in the hell did you test that? I've read somewhere that the WC3 engine got a special feature about chance passives.

So it works like this if I'm remember correctly.

If there is a chance of 20%, if the first strike fails, the next will have a greater chance than 20% meaning of there will always be a chance to crit which will be larger for every hit.

Although this doesn't apply to triggered crits as GetRandomInt/Real doesn't work like that.

(I think I read it at playdota.com but I'm not sure)

Progress...
Tuesday, February 22 2011 02:14
Created first main story quest, yay :)
I will only tell you it's name "Beast of the Shadows".
Also I finished some terrain polishing (Misty Cave dungeon is now completed).
Added abilities to food items.
Removed testing triggers.

Wait a second, round off? What? How in the hell did you test that? I've read somewhere that the WC3 engine got a special feature about chance passives.

So it works like this if I'm remember correctly.

If there is a chance of 20%, if the first strike fails, the next will have a greater chance than 20% meaning of there will always be a chance to crit which will be larger for every hit.

Although this doesn't apply to triggered crits as GetRandomInt/Real doesn't work like that.

(I think I read it at playdota.com but I'm not sure)
It will round numbers (1,2,2.4 = 0% : 2.5,4.5,7.4 = 5% ... 97.5 = 100%)
But if you look at large number of attacks like 1000, this is 99% true.
Still 8% critical will act random for 20 or 30 attacks.
In other words 10% critical isn't 9/10 normal + 1/10 critical attack.

But even if testing maps are wrong, and same like experiments fail, hero will start with 5% critical in worst case, few items can increase it by 1,2, maybe more, some abilities as well and so on, together numbers can set chance values to 15% or 20% or ...

To make it simple maybe (+1%) critical don't work but 2 x (+1%) critical can work :)

Last edited:
There is no problem, I told ya t work fine ♥
Btw.

Progress...
Tuesday, February 22 2011 13:47
Minimap image is finished (If you ask why, well to hide dungeons and systems :p)
attachment.php

White color is alpha channel = real minimap :p

Another cool thing is teleport system.
It works error-less :)

Oh, I fixed food items so now hero can eat them with bag if he want ^^.

Added Talk ability to allow hero to communicate with friendly units (Working on enemy units as well, expect things like, DIE WILD BEAST :] )

EDIT:

Check the newest thread! (Development...)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../general-lets-communicate-190239/#post1851825

Attachments

• war3mapMap.png
    war3mapMap.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:
Hahaah I will try to do it whole in GUI :p

Well player will once again be able to cast spell from bag, backpack or hero, after few sec he will be teleported to Crystal of the Light (Each Camp/Base/Town will have 1), small rune will left on hero position. if he want to go back he must come to crystal and cast ability (port back to rune, removing rune :))...

If he cast spell 2 times, rune will be moved to last hero position :)

When hero explore and gain control of few more crystals he will be able to teleport to any of them, and port back from any of them :)

Cast range for Scroll of Teleportation is infinite.
Can be activated at any place

Cast range for Crystal of the Light is infinite.
Can be activated only in 250 radius from Crystal.

Earlier today I found out that I have exam tomorrow (damn math)...
So I was studying whole day :sad:
Tomorrow will be fucked with school problems and blessed with the best friend birthday party ^^

And how it seams last exam come 28.02 :sad:
So that's some bad news...

Good news are that as soon as I finish this hell I will have a lot of free time and time for project :)

Honestly I can already upload demo, but I want to show you how will quest look like (with cinematics and fixed/improved English), I want to add all items (and add descriptions to them), abilities I want to add more and more before uploading map ^^

Oh archive will be uploaded these days, I still miss quests, abilities, classes and so on...

Progress...
Friday, February 25 2011 00:34
I found some time so I worked on different damage and it stats.
For now rare items look like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1848455-post4.html

I will try to add Attack of Poison (Damage over time) and Attack of Light (Increase hero stats for each successful attack).

Will see about second attack will it increase damage, armor, attack/movement speed, attributes or any other default or custom stats.

Last edited:
Level 27
Yes, joining guild means you'll get to complete quests to get some reward and reputation, you could also unlock something new - from beeing able to enter guild quarters where you could but items, get quests and talk with other guild members, to unlocing something you couldn't do any other way, like joining mages guild in TES4 was the only way to get your hands on equipment to enchant items or create spells by yourself.

Level 4
thx for demo
my opinion
+ nice atmosphere
+ awesome Landscape and interior
+ good music (like gaias:))
+ attachment items
- camera is not so good, i think need add options like -cam1(default) -cam2
- wolf respawn very fast,and prosecution area big too
- bugged system entry and exit from buildings (I left a building from the fifth attempt)

yeah yeah, i know is first demo, and I believe kobas create best sprpg in world :p

sry for my bad english)

Level 5
I know it's a demo but:
-The circles need to be replaced, in my opinion
-Buildings needs another camera, because of walls it's hard to see some stuff, in case of circle of powers, it's hard to leave
-The bear almost killed the guy who gave me the quest(don't remember his name) and also i think the bear it's too hard compared to wolfs, bear it's more like for lvl 5+, so we need to depend on wolfs, very slow exp and on makrura when we up to them.

The circles need to be replaced, in my opinion
Will trigger that then.
Buildings needs another camera, because of walls it's hard to see some stuff, in case of circle of powers, it's hard to leave
Ok will edit walls :)
The bear almost killed the guy who gave me the quest(don't remember his name) and also i think the bear it's too hard compared to wolfs, bear it's more like for lvl 5+, so we need to depend on wolfs, very slow exp and on makrura when we up to them.
Buy some food :p
It's hard because you don't have abilities and nice items :)

Level 3
Found a bug.

If you click 'x' times on the cancel button after using teleport scroll you get 'x' teleport scrolls back ;P

Great map btw

Found a bug.

If you click 'x' times on the cancel button after using teleport scroll you get 'x' teleport scrolls back ;P

Great map btw
Ah it's not bug, I added that trigger to add scroll back to hero if he close teleport screen :p
Still something isn't right if you can gain more than 1 scroll :)

Will be checked :p

Note: Use bug report thread from now on :p
There are few reasons why I made it:
- To easily check what need to be fixed
- To easily check and make change log
- To easily give credits
and so on

Level 5
Perhads the trigger it's spammed or something making it to spam.

Edit: Just a question, can't you make it to only be used after teleported?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.