• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solved some bugs, thanks guys :)
[General] - "You can talk with plants... i found an Plant elf, something like that, and you can use your chat ability with it."
[General] - "Crystal of light provides food.."
[Systems] - "Sometimes texts on stats, doesn't shows up..."
[Quests] - "Wolves killed by guards count as killed by you."

Level 11
So you are on a new project now? It is looking nice and i already tested it out a bit. I think it has as awesome terrain as I expected from you :)

A few suggestions:
- Item Drops really I got at least 1 item for every third wolf I killed that should be reduced.
- what about using CustomInventory by Anachron for your items instead of your current system?

If you need any triggering help you are free to ask me as always :)

Nah I don't want to complicate map with so many item types :)
4 basic (1st slot - weapon, 2nd slot - shield (squire/monk)/book (sorcerer)/"hidden for now" - (ranger)/"hidden for now" - (thief), 3rd slot - armor, 4th slot - helm)
and many optional item types :)

Idea is 2 create many items that will be dropped from monsters and "other things" just like in Diablo 2 :)

Just wait to add gold, gems and such items :D

You are right tleno :)

Anyway I will try to finish bounty system and start working on abilities :)

101751d1305109068-archive-rules-05.png
[c]Development...
Monday, March 14 2011 20:40
------------------------------------------------------
[Abilities] - Guys I need help with "normal" abilties :)

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

The whole thing looks awesome. I've just ran a half an hour testing just killing things.

Well the terrain is massively awesome, the interiors as well they are.. amazing.
Some item descriptions are in order of a fix, but since you mentioned that disregard this.

Why the hell didn't I get any epic shield/armor? I got all the epic swords :D

But here are my views on the map, more like my own personal experience rather than what I like and don't like. I am not very fond of large maps but disregard that as well.

[+]

-Terrains, interiors, combat system, items (why the hell didn't I get epic shield!)

-Npcs, talk system although he was saying good day to everyone and Joe's story didn't really rip my heart, forest creatures or not :p

-Teleporting in and out of city, buying what you need then going back..

-Every item has its own outlook skin, swords glow, shields glow, armor is different - I give you 100 out of 10 for that! Its awesome to dress your character knowing that each piece of gear is different!

[-]

-There is no free healing, you either die or waste your entire made gold on food (which is 4 types and they all heal the same, atleast thats what I noticed)

-There are no shops for armors/weapons or not even a profession trainer. Also there is just Joe's quest and the kill wolf quest?

-I got bored after half an hour, its an awesome made hack n slash, but its still hack n slash... I go out kill stuff, try to level, try to not die (if it weren't for the epic sword of something with lifesteal, I'd died of being poor hence no means to heal myself but that sword and the worthless food (200 gold for full healing)

-I was a Miner but I didn't notice where I could mine or what could I mine (or with what?) so an explanation is needed it it exists as a profession

-Bear is too TUFF and only gives 40 XP... she breaks my skull and eats my remains (not to mention costs me 200 gold to heal myself if I luckily survive) so I was leveling on wolves instead, 10/20 XP per kill and they don't hit as hard

-Shadow Wolf? I wonder when I would kill that crap. 1200 health, does 25-40 damage... greedisgood 999999 won't help me with all the food I'd have to buy

-No skills. Just plain click A attack and either everything dies, I find an item, stock it sell it or I die sell everything buy food go back rinse repeat

-I'm not gonna be a bastard and say its boring... its not. But once you catch a rhythm to what you can do and what you can't it becomes a routine... and no map is fun once it becomes a routine (buy, sell, hack hack ... die -> repeat)

OVERALL - I like it alot and even more if it becomes multiplayer then it would be one hell of an rpg. As it is now, I get bored at ... (I am more of an Arena guy, you've seen Pro War that's the style of maps I like)

Thanks for some tips there :)

Guys I'm thinking of recreating whole terrain!
Idea is to remove interiors and dungeons:
-This will unlock camera at 1st place :)
-Terrain will look more awesome this way
-Systems will be easier to make (some, like that teleport one)
-New terrain will be mix of forest, ruined towns/towers/building and water areas
-Easier to work on map (for me ^^)

What you think?

After all all this above can be more or less created in new terrain (dungeons for example don't need to be separated from main terrain)

If you accept idea, I will try to create 50% of map terrain (that means all items created so far unlocked + 2 times more monsters/creeps/boss units and so on)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Nooo, the interiors are really good! I don't know about the dungeons, I never found one... but the interiors are what I really like in the map. If its not for the interiors, this would be labeled "just another rpg with custom terrains"

I'm for saving the interiors, remodeling the terrain and maybe keeping the dungeons too.

Just add skills, professions and add all of the items (and make an epic shield! xD) without changing the terrain, see how that goes. Maybe you want a change because the demo contains just a piece from the entire cake and we haven't ate the whole cake so... :)

TIPS

Since you got 4 types of food, its silly to have all of them heal the same amount and cost the same. Why would I need more of them food when I can spam one?

-Cheese heals (30-40 health) and costs 2 gold a piece [small heal]
-Bread heals more (60-90 health) and costs 5-7 gold a piece [big heal]
-Apple heals moderately (50 health) but also returns mana (25-30 mana) and costs 4-5 gold a piece [replenish heal]
-Meat heals greatly (8-12% of total health) and costs 15 gold a piece [greatest heal]

All the foods but meat have a 1-3 second cooldown, to avoid being spammed. Meat has a 5-6 second cooldown

Level 3
At first I though that food would heal depending on your birth sign since all heal the same.

Another thing I think you should change is the heroes models, yours are exactly like Gaia's ORPG. Not that it's not good, but it's a copy, and copies sux.

I'm really waiting a new version, so work on it =P
And good luck with SotP!

Level 27
Well people, current version is just a basic test for currently made systems... it's more of alpha version than demo.

Oh, I totally support the idea of getting rid of interiors separate from the whole rold, I mean caves can be done in the terrain and the building interiors can be done with that roof/building thing thatbecome invisible once you enter it.

Progress...
Wednesday, April 06 2011 17:37

Guys I have problems with ability system, I just can balance spells to work cool on each hero class :sad:

So I needed some time to decide what to do, here is my choice!
All heroes will have 4 minor abilities (10 level each one) and 1 super cool high level ability!

I find way to replace hero attributes (will add them into stats system).

Also I find way to replace ability system (This one will be replaced with PET SYSTEM)

Pet System:
- Each hero will be able to choose 1 pet (wolf, bear, hawk...)
- Each pet will be hero unit with stats and full kind of shit's (only without inventory)

Last edited:
Ahahaha that can be nice as well :)
Btw new hero pick system look fu awesome, will post screenshot as soon as I finish with coding :)

EDIT:

Progress...
Thursday, April 07 2011 14:41
Here you go guys, improved hero pick system :)

attachment.php

I'm still working on it, so expect some minor changes!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,182
Last edited:
Level 24
Yea have like
Falk-Eagle Owl-Bald Eagle
Cobra-Anaconda-Aligator
Dog-Prearie Dog-Wolf
Cat-Lynx-Bengal Tiger
Pinguin-Ostrish-Emu

Level 30
Pet System

here's what I think about your pet system, there are two types of pets, one is the fighter's pet, and the second, assist's pet.

Fighter's Pet [any name desirable for the fighting pet]

fighter's pet are pets that can help the player fight their mobs in an easy way, the pet can also have an inventory, the pet is a hero, and it has skills only for itself, like critical strike, maul, self-roar etc. the pet dies when its killed in action.

concept: fighter's pet must be large creatures similar to Boar, Wolf, Bear, Kodo etc.

Assist's Pet [any name desirable for the assistant pet]

assist's pet are pets that provide the players boosting auras that can support them in battle, but the pet doesn't have an inventory [depends if you want it to be], the pet is a hero and its invulnerable, it doesn't attack, it has skills that only supports the player not its allies, like regeneration aura, critical aura, armor, etc. the pet dies when the player's class hero is killed.

concept: assist's pet must be small critters similar to chicken, skink, dog, pig etc.

you can only choose 1 type of pet depends if you want it to be full house for the player's digest.

Level 27
Let me guess, Hidden Stuff unlocks some easter egg items and some secrets, right? I mean, I recall a similar function existed in Fallout: New vegas...

So will you preserve the current super awesome skill system? I mean it would be really awesome if you could combine your pet and abilities...
Talking about pets... maybe you should create a thread for pet suggesting?

Level 3
Originally Posted by lowe1994ba
Cobra-Anaconda-Aligator

Haha!

Anyway, the hero pick system is awesome, gj.

Maybe you could add the inicial hp/mp from each class on the screen.

Time has come to say goodbye to laziness and school for now :)
Progress...
Monday, April 25 2011 17:58

• Hero system is now completed and work error-less.
  • Hero stats/attributes are fixed and everything look great.
  • All classes will have 4 types of abilities:
    -Combat Powers (up to 15 different spells, for new demo version this number will be around 2 or 3 for each ability/skill class), Conjuration Powers, Destruction Powers and Spiritual Powers
  • New teleport system is only idea but very cool one and trust me really easy to make.
  • Started working on ideas for more items (bows/staffs/daggers/clothes/hats and so on)

Last edited:
waiting...
:)
Will upload it as system when I finish it.
If I can even call it system.

Cuz idea is so simple, you will see :)

EDIT:

Progress...
Monday, April 25 2011 23:29
Here you guys I finally finished HPS.
Hero Pick System

It show model, options to change settings, 2 starting abilities, attributes, ms, as and hero description.
2 arrow icons are made by me, if someone want them contact me.

Last edited:
Progress...
Wednesday, April 27 2011 11:09
Here you guys I finally finished HSS as well.
Hero Stats System

Everything work fine, work great with other systems.
I still need to add few things, that's why I created some empty space, but I can't tell you everything jet :)
Aslo I still need to work on other hero classes, so some things can be edited a little :)

Last edited:
Announcement...
Saturday, April 30 2011 00:03
Another cool thing, ALL HERO CLASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE in incoming demo :)

All spells work perfect (15/20 so far), all systems works perfect... I created terrain around starting area :)

To do list, before demo:
- Finish terrain (for demo version around 20% of whole map).
- Create next item classes: Bows, Staffs, Double Daggers, Clothes, Leather Armors, Hats, Circlets, Rings, Books, Orbs. (All together around 100 items)
- Quests and story!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.