• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I have to agree with Adiktuz on this even though spellbooks allows you to have more spells it also makes the game more annoying since you have to pick the book up and down all the time.

Level 11
By the way the 1 picture is the best...but i think some letters are on other letters in the text(there is no space between 1 line and the second they go over each other lol)...but anyways the first picture is the best for an RPG :)

101751d1305109068-archive-rules-05.png
Development...
Monday, Sep 26 2011 15:08
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-development-idea-factory-680/general-helping-names-190870/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-development-idea-factory-680/abilities-new-way-203151/

Guys we have 2 active topics, if you have some time check them.

Level 24
I dont know owning an estate can work out pretty fine just take a look at DragonAge II they nailed it and if they could so can you ;) And yes there would be many reasons to return to your house if quests where sent in mail and you could hire vendors to come sell stuff at your house.

I dont know owning an estate can work out pretty fine just take a look at DragonAge II they nailed it and if they could so can you ;) And yes there would be many reasons to return to your house if quests where sent in mail and you could hire vendors to come sell stuff at your house.
For now I just want to work on main quest and story in general.
Guilds, homes, jobs etc etc are optional.

Level 24
Yes guilds, homes and jobs should be optional as should the main quests since it's really optional if you want to be hero or a villan.

Level 27
Well, I guess some brainstorming on how to add the house thing could be intresting. I mean, house may be just bought, which suck, recieved trough optional quest, or be given after completing some main quest mission. Lie, for example, there is a quest in main story that you have to protect some keep or whatever from forces of evil. After the battle you recieve the eys from some of the rooms with useful things, that help a lot with various things, like there can be some optional quest for collecting items and delivering to keep for assbembling of some powerfull artifact. This would be really awesome closer at the end of the game, when you really could use some unique, one of a kind equipment.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hehe

Mostly you do not own the whole tavern, I would just rent a room for a night or a couple...

And own house is not good idea, if you buy it you just return to it every time. And that would be stupid, if there is a good story which makes you go on you would buy a house sleep night and then leave and go on.

Tavern is much better idea so you would not to have pay so much...

Sleeping would give health, mana and maybe add tiredness or something to it... Just don´t want to make it too hard :xxd:...

Level 13
My idea is the following:

Lets keep the own house and inn thing, also tiredness and sleep. If we have that wonderful time indicator then why don't we make days? For example a day your hero needs to sleep a little. Ofc you may can use drinks like Coffee or energy drink ( Renergizer , Red Taurin... ) thing. ^^ We can use the food bar things( on UI ) to count the tiredness like 0-50 perfectly fine, 51-80 you should go sleep soon, 80-100 you are really in need of a sleep. Less sleep -> less effective at combat, less hp, less damage caused... Example for sleeping modes: In the wilderness: reduces tiredness by 40 after 8 hours of sleeping but you may get attacked by an enemy, In an inn: reduces tiredness by 60 after 8 hours of sleeping, At home: reduces by 80 after 7 hours sleep. Also it's possible to change Day-Night lights so make nights a lot darker then players has to make some sleeping habits cause in night probably it'd be impossible to see. During combat the tired thing increases so fast, while just walking then not too much increment, while doing nothing then only minimal increasing would be expected. Also if you reach 100 it just starts sleeping by itself, also if you are in combat.

101751d1305109068-archive-rules-05.png
Progress...
Saturday, Oct 01 2011 02:57
------------------------------------------------------
Ok guys I don't know how to start... Ok let's see...
Shadows of the Past 0.10 Version

Terrain (now with Pathing ground added as well):
- Camp (Completed 90%d)
- Ancient Forest (Completed 90%)
- Hills of Arnor (20%)
- Swamps (90%)

Items:
- Items for all hero classes created (Area 1)
- Recreated Item Drop System
- Fixed and Improved Item Class System
- Recreated Food Item Class

Abilities:
- Brutal Attack (Combat Powers)
- Mortal Blow (Combat Powers)
- Frostbite (Destruction Powers)
- Lightning Strike (Destruction Powers)
- Heal (Spiritual Powers)
- Rejuvenation (Spiritual Powers)
- Ensnare (Conjuration Powers)
- Backstab (Forbidden Powers)

More info here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-development-idea-factory-680/abilities-new-way-203151/

Systems:
- Hero Pick System is recreated, everything is optimized, there is no lag and more info is displayed on the screen. We also removed 2 Hero Birth Signs.
- PLAYER SCORE SYSTEM (New shit, won't explain, but expect HALL OF FAME :p)
- Areas Enter/Leave Systems or whatever. Cool text on the screen, different hero respawn locations etc etc.
- Creep Movement/Attack Systems. Creeps won't stand still anymore, they move, attack, cast spells... Few cool things as well, like chance that will creep try to run away if he lose above 75% hp.
- My Quest System (total of 7 hours work) is finally finished. Everything works well. Expect nice basic things but nicely presented.
- Advanced Damage System is fixed and improved. No more bugs with damage range etc etc. Works with heal now as well.
- Creep Ability Systems or whatever (yeah they cast spells)
- "Life" Interface (will show your current hp status)
- Fixed and improved Hero Respawn System
- Fixed and improved Creep Respawn System

Creeps:
- Makruras (are now replaced with Crabs, I will use Makruras models in higher levels).
- New Creeps (Forest Troll Fighter/Priest (can cast Heal)/Trapper (can cast Ensnare))
- Bear has Brutal Attack spell

Heroes:
Balanced hero stats and attributes, new values at start etc etc.
New ranger model.
New Sorcerer attack projectile model.

Damn I hope I listed everything more or less important...
Everything is coded in Jass now and optimized.
Still left to do before demo:
- Finish Abilities (My work)
- Finish Ability pick system (Coders)
- Finish/Improve Descriptions (Bugz)
- Add more items (Bugz)
- Improve/Balance game even more (all)
- Add more quests (me, Bugz)

and that's all :)

Sorry for long delay guys. I worked more than 8 hours in WE today and I just finished quest system (3 triggers PWN all possible quests, just CnP left :D ) today, we need time (a lot of it) to finish this demo.

So I still can't promise release date, all I can say it will be this year ^_^

Oh I know that I promised video and pictures, expect them tomorrow it's really late and I need some sleep :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
I cant see this project dying this early it would have been a real shame. But keep on the good work.

Well I still need some time, my school started and I was busy with some other things, sorry.
Good thing is that I finally finished quest setup, I used around 20 array variables and 10 normal ones just to define globals :sad:

Last created system failed, so I needed this new one.
There will be 11 optional quests created. You will be able to complete 80% of them in demo version.

I still need to create 3 spells (summonig system related to one of them). And add few more items to balance area 2 nicely.

That's it. Almost there. :)

Level 24
Yes now you only need to climb that last piece then you will post the map on hive and you will have even more followers :)

Level 24
No ofcourse you should not hurry take your time aslong as we get a pre-alpha of total awsomness ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.