• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post your CUSTOM UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hiho,

today i updated the ability window for my RPG.
i think it is now much better and more noob-friendly.^^

screen29z.jpg

Robbepop

Last edited:
Level 9
could someone please guide me abit to make a actionbar like some of you have?

+rep..

Just spend an hour messing around with dialog triggers and its pretty easy. When i first started i kept trying to use UI triggers lol.

Level 1
There's some pretty damn impressive stuff in this thread. =)

I'm working on recreating the battle system from Grandia 2. Everything here is done with dialogs and a bit of photoshop. I've still got a ways to go. The boss bars at the top are temporary placeholders until I get something custom up there.

Level 9
Hello, an update on my UI :) I was experimenting with custom actions. So to make a minimap like mine, you simply create a new action, it's called "Dialog_MakeMinimap". As parameters, you just specify a newly created dialog, it can have any size, then a unit and a few parameters regarding if it should be static or follow a unit. If it follows, you can set how much zoomed-in it shall be, and if an arrow to indicate the facing angel should be created. All this works with a single action, the code is just below; The big map works pretty much the same way.

• MakeMinimap
    • Options: Action, Create Thread
    • Return Type: (None)
    • Parameters
      • Dialog = No Dialog <Dialog>
      • MinimapImage = No File <File - Image>
      • IsFollowingDialog = false <Boolean>
      • CreateFacingArrow = false <Boolean>
      • FollowingUnit = No Unit <Unit>
      • ZoomFactor = 2.0 <Real>
    • Grammar Text: MakeMinimap(Dialog, MinimapImage, IsFollowingDialog, CreateFacingArrow, FollowingUnit, ZoomFactor)
    • Hint Text: (None)
    • Custom Script Code
    • Local Variables
      • FollowingMinimap = No Dialog Item <Dialog Item>
      • FacingArrow = No Dialog Item <Dialog Item>
    • Actions
      • General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
        • If
          • IsFollowingDialog == true
        • Then
          • Dialog - Create an Image for Dialog Dialog with the dimensions ((Integer(((Real((Dialog width))) * ZoomFactor))), (Integer(((Real((Dialog height))) * ZoomFactor)))) anchored to Top Left with an offset of (0, 0) setting the tooltip to "" using the image MinimapImage as a Normal type with tiled set to false tint color White and blend mode Normal
          • Variable - Set FollowingMinimap = (Last created dialog item)
            • If
              • CreateFacingArrow == true
            • Then
              • Dialog - Create an Image for Dialog Dialog with the dimensions (0, 0) anchored to Center with an offset of (0, 0) setting the tooltip to "" using the image Assets\Textures\ui_techtree_arrow_head2.dds as a Normal type with tiled set to false tint color White and blend mode Normal
              • Variable - Set FacingArrow = (Last created dialog item)
            • Else
          • General - Repeat (Actions) forever
            • Actions
              • Dialog - Move FollowingMinimap to ((Integer(((Real(((Width of FollowingMinimap for (Owner of FollowingUnit)) / 2))) - (((X of (Position of FollowingUnit)) / (Width of (Entire map))) * (Real((Width of FollowingMinimap for (Owner of FollowingUnit)))))))), (Integer(((Real((0 - ((Height of FollowingMinimap for (Owner of FollowingUnit)) / 2)))) + (((Y of (Position of FollowingUnit)) / (Height of (Entire map))) * (Real((Height of FollowingMinimap for (Owner of FollowingUnit))))))))) relative to Center of dialog for (Player group((Owner of FollowingUnit)))
                • If
                  • CreateFacingArrow == true
                • Then
                  • Dialog - Set FacingArrow rotation to (Integer((270.0 - (Facing of FollowingUnit)))) for (Player group((Owner of FollowingUnit)))
                • Else
              • General - Wait 0.01 Real Time seconds
        • Else
          • Dialog - Create an Image for Dialog Dialog with the dimensions ((Dialog width), (Dialog height)) anchored to Top Left with an offset of (0, 0) setting the tooltip to "" using the image MinimapImage as a Normal type with tiled set to false tint color White and blend mode Normal

It can be imported into any map, just specify a minimap image, or simply use the default, I use one in 1024x1024, at about 700kb.

Attachments

• Screenshot032.Jpg
    Screenshot032.Jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot030.Jpg
    Screenshot030.Jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot029.Jpg
    Screenshot029.Jpg
    539 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot027.Jpg
    Screenshot027.Jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 216
Level 8
WIP Ghost UI
Everything on that screen is working
And yes those images are ripped off the original Starcraft Ghost game screenshots. I do plan to redo them completely in the future to increase their quality as you can probably see how blurry they are.

Attachments

• Screenshot016.Jpg
    Screenshot016.Jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 238
Level 9
WIP Ghost UI
Everything on that screen is working
And yes those images are ripped off the original Starcraft Ghost game screenshots. I do plan to redo them completely in the future to increase their quality as you can probably see how blurry they are.

Have you found a projectile system that works?

Level 17
Level 8
Have you found a projectile system that works?

No. Because of that I dont use a projectile system. I just use a traceline created from the cameras position and height going to the yaw and pitch of the camera searching for something to pick. It works really good. The traceline function can be found here:
Traceline by rrowland

I would love to post a video but sadly im with a temp video card that barely plays sc2 so if i try to record a video my pc will prob shit brix.

Level 11
I probably should tell the guy this directly, but too lazy to create an account.

But anyways, I'll just say it here, as it is significantly more efficient and accurate.

First, we know that the equation for a circle is (x-x1)^2 + (y-y1)^2 = r^2. The center of this circle would be (x1, y1).

Second, we can say that the equation for our awesome line is Ax-By = 0. This is because we will have the origin at the position of the unit for the sake of simplicity.

Now, we need to find all the possible units which we will check. Rather than doing the entire map, we can just have a unitgroup which is all units in a circle region with a radius of (maxrange)/2 centered (maxrange)/2 units in the direction we are facing. Then, for each of the potential targets, we will check to see if the equation for our line intersects a circle centered on the position of the target. If it doesn't, then we remove it from the potential unitpool.

Once we have checked all the units, we may have more than one unit that can work. To fix this, we pick each unit and check its distance from the origin. The unit with the least distance is your target.

lol Traceline is the most effeicnt system and lagless system ive seen in mass :D dun diss it. It is also extremly easy to modify it ect :D
Lagless with a single player with no latency. What about 12 players?

Also, don't call anything that loops 50 times efficient.

EDIT: My bad, it actually runs 100 times (lol).

Additionally it requires the game to recalculate sin/cos/tan values each interval instead of just calculating them once then saving them to a variable.

Level 8
All those HUDs with the blizzard assets are starting to get boring. People need to show creativity and start texturing their HUDs...

thats just lazyness...
if mankind wouldnt havetried to push it and push it and push it we wouldnt be communicating like this today!
you really shouldnt just settle on what u have!

i think retexturing your ui is worth the effort, because this is what connects you and the environment your character is in! i repped the first dude i saw who retextured his :p

Though i think that these days the pushing shouldnt go into the artistical direction, but firstly into the programming one...
whats a good looking ui that doesnt make any sense?

Level 10
My l33t paintshop skills own you all...

This was originally a like 10 second concept sketch in paint to get a rough idea of a shape, and then to test it I put it in game.

So here you all are, for the Lol of it:

attachment.php

Attachments

• lolz.jpg
    lolz.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 397
Level 4
How do you get the buttons to have the images in them, likes ones from the command card? I've tried Dialog Item Image and all the Image Types and Render types.

Status
Not open for further replies.