• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post your CUSTOM UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha anyways :D
Update to WIP Inventory Screen

Changed layout... Now all Straight adding more dints to it later.
Right hand panel Icon Picture changed again, Picture made smaller.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EvilsUI.jpg
    EvilsUI.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 335
WIP, going to improve ammo indicator and add a healthbar.

Looking good so far :)
Might wanna use more than one dialog for someplaces try and give it more of a new custom UI feel.

Edit:

UPDATED UI:
add simply text to UI INVENTORY.
attachment.php

UI IN GAME:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Character.png
    Character.png
    1 MB · Views: 393
  • EvilsUI.jpg
    EvilsUI.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 367
Level 17
Plus its from Wc3 not WoW.

Uhmm, what about reading before posting, huh? like 1000 people have already said that PLUS the author even said that he did infact take it from wow, so it is from wow and not wc3... Same with the bags.

And for the people talking about if you can use textures from another game or not, OFC you can, it should be common sense, i think what the person wanted to say is that you are not ALLOWED to use textures from wc3 in sc2. And you do not need to argue about this, becouse it is a fact.

Level 19
Uhmm, what about reading before posting, huh? like 1000 people have already said that PLUS the author even said that he did infact take it from wow, so it is from wow and not wc3... Same with the bags.

And for the people talking about if you can use textures from another game or not, OFC you can, it should be common sense, i think what the person wanted to say is that you are not ALLOWED to use textures from wc3 in sc2. And you do not need to argue about this, becouse it is a fact.

Why not let blizzard do something about it then?
Really if blizzard bothered so much about people using Wc3 stuff in Sc2 they would've done something about it already, but it should only make things better for blizzard.
Blizzard even posted icons from WoW on thehive for wc3 mapmaking use. Why would they make a problem of using Wc3/WoW icons in sc2 mapmaking then?
Thehive is a forum with resources for 2 games now. But why not make players able to use the resources for both games.

I think we should stop trying to be as paranoia as you can be with issues that matter nearly nothing. He's not ripping an entire model or something, just 1 tga/blp icon that's most likely even published on thehive already.

I mean try to find a bigger 'rulebreaker' and focus on him rather then being interesting while whining about small issues that won't even deserve the attention they get now.

Level 17
Why not let blizzard do something about it then?
Really if blizzard bothered so much about people using Wc3 stuff in Sc2 they would've done something about it already, but it should only make things better for blizzard.
Blizzard even posted icons from WoW on thehive for wc3 mapmaking use. Why would they make a problem of using Wc3/WoW icons in sc2 mapmaking then?
Thehive is a forum with resources for 2 games now. But why not make players able to use the resources for both games.

I think we should stop trying to be as paranoia as you can be with issues that matter nearly nothing. He's not ripping an entire model or something, just 1 tga/blp icon that's most likely even published on thehive already.

I mean try to find a bigger 'rulebreaker' and focus on him rather then being interesting while whining about small issues that won't even deserve the attention they get now.

I just told you to NOT argue with me about this shit. It is blizzard themself that clearly says that you should not use their stuff in other games. If you want to use wc3 or wow resources in sc2, ask them on the battle.net forums.
wow and wc3 is the same series, it is different with sc2.
And you just talk shit on the last part. You are probably downloading torrents 24/7 and laugh at people while they pay for things and do whats right.
And do you tell me that it is a small issue what does not deserve the attention? He already changed the damn slot texture twice becouse he thought it was neccessary, that shows how much it is the opposite to what you pretend it is.

If i find something i think someone should change, then i will post it, you do not have to come here and tell me whats wrong or right, i was not even talking to you.

Level 19
I just told you to NOT argue with me about this shit. It is blizzard themself that clearly says that you should not use their stuff in other games. If you want to use wc3 or wow resources in sc2, ask them on the battle.net forums.
wow and wc3 is the same series, it is different with sc2.
And you just talk shit on the last part. You are probably downloading torrents 24/7 and laugh at people while they pay for things and do whats right.
And do you tell me that it is a small issue what does not deserve the attention? He already changed the damn slot texture twice becouse he thought it was neccessary, that shows how much it is the opposite to what you pretend it is.

If i find something i think someone should change, then i will post it, you do not have to come here and tell me whats wrong or right, i was not even talking to you.

1) We got Admins to act like a policeman. It's not needed for people to play smartkid and whine about a single icon for a WIP. It's a freakin' WIP.
2) "I dont have to come here and tell you wahts wrong or right". What are you doing against the person that posted his WIP UI then? Kinda 'comming here and posting what's wrong or right'.
3) I never really 'steal' things with torrents and stuff. I have respect for cd's and rather buy then download music. This is totally different. The icon was free for wc3 so let it be free for sc2 aswell because its on the same forum isnt it?
4) I find it highly annoying that some people always want to sound interesting by being able to say something about someone else's work. A little icon might be stolen or whatever you call it, but who cares let "The Hive Cops" solve the issue, no need for people to act like they're all-knowing guys that rather have a rulebook within their arms then their own girlfriends.

So yep I'm kinda offensive now because all I tried to make clear was; Chill, this is for fun, this aint work, this aint swimming lessons. It's just a freaking game and stop being so 'interesting' with your copyright issues.

Peace -_-

Level 19

Well "Evilcrizpy" is my younger brother, and i've watched him create these dialogs, so i should know for a fact its from Wc3.

He never said it was from wow, he just said shhhh. Plus he never really reads things throughly, he will probably post saying its from wc3 anyways later. Plus that was only the bags, and he edited and removed now anyways.

Lets stop aruging like little children and move along.

Level 17
Well "Evilcrizpy" is my younger brother, and i've watched him create these dialogs, so i should know for a fact its from Wc3.

He never said it was from wow, he just said shhhh. Plus he never really reads things throughly, he will probably post saying its from wc3 anyways later. Plus that was only the bags, and he edited and removed now anyways.

Lets stop aruging like little children and move along.

Okay, i am sorry, but it does sound like it was from wow when he does not tell me that i am wrong. Specially when the two textures he used is probably one of the most seen textures in wow overall.

And i did not intend to argue, i just wanted to give feedback and suggested to change the wow textures and someone jumped on me and started all this, i even told people not to start argue, but i guess it just makes people want to argue even more. So again, i am sorry.

Anyway, as i am taking a break from starcraft II during its downtime, i wont work on my UI during that period, so i guess that i just upload what my UI looks like currently, even if it isnt anything special. Hope you guys like it.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 194
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 197
Agree, sorry.
And the prob is solved already since he edited the bags, like I said "WIP", so we should be done arguing.

Okay, i am sorry, but it does sound like it was from wow when he does not tell me that i am wrong. Specially when the two textures he used is probably one of the most seen textures in wow overall.

And i did not intend to argue, i just wanted to give feedback and suggested to change the wow textures and someone jumped on me and started all this, i even told people not to start argue, but i guess it just makes people want to argue even more. So again, i am sorry.

Anyway, as i am taking a break from starcraft II during its downtime, i wont work on my UI during that period, so i guess that i just upload what my UI looks like currently, even if it isnt anything special. Hope you guys like it.

Its okay guys.. well i changed it anyways :D To a new texture handmade and LTGH that interface does remind me alot of WOW :D I love it :D
Does the delete character work? and will upload some pictures of my hero selection in a minute.
took a break from making my UI.

Level 4
I'm not trying to flame, but I would like to see a link to a post made by a blue saying it is illegal to use WC3 models/icons/etc in SC2. I'm pretty sure I have read that you can't use WoW models in WC3 however, but I maybe wrong on that.

I'm not trying to flame, but I would like to see a link to a post made by a blue saying it is illegal to use WC3 models/icons/etc in SC2. I'm pretty sure I have read that you can't use WoW models in WC3 however, but I maybe wrong on that.

Look leave it now guys :D
I used the Pictures for a base, nothing else. its all changed now!

EDIT:
Pictures of new start up.
picture 1 - without a nem
picture 2 - Name changed to evilcrizpy :D
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• EVILCRIZPY.jpg
    EVILCRIZPY.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 244
  • NO-NAME.jpg
    NO-NAME.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Here's mine, just managed to get around to redoing it.

screenshot029j.jpg

Looks good so far :) maybe want to move the health/mana bar abit left so it is in touch with the display picture :)

Update to UI:
Now able to change between 2 units
Back and save character added
Text added (Information)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• EVILCRIZPY.jpg
    EVILCRIZPY.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 502
  • NO-NAME.jpg
    NO-NAME.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
Level 17
Its okay guys.. well i changed it anyways :D To a new texture handmade and LTGH that interface does remind me alot of WOW :D I love it :D
Does the delete character work? and will upload some pictures of my hero selection in a minute.
took a break from making my UI.

Well yeah, the point of it was to make a UI that looks like the one in wow.
I am a wow nerd, and the reason for why i am leaving sc2 during its down time is to spend time playing wow while i have the chance.
And well, now i can be proud when i say that my UI looks like the one in wow, becouse it was the first real Custom UI (using dialogs) announced on Hiveworkshop, UDmod & Sc2mapster as far as i know :) And it already looked decent before this thread was even made ^^

Ohh, and yes, you can create & delete characters, and it will all be stored in a bank.
I have not released a version with these features yet though, becouse the character creation screen is in a pretty bad shape right now, it is not even close to finished, and when you delete a character it does not refresh the character selection screen and remove it until you re-enter the screen and let it reload. But i will fix this when i continue to work on my map.

Well yeah, the point of it was to make a UI that looks like the one in wow.
I am a wow nerd, and the reason for why i am leaving sc2 during its down time is to spend time playing wow while i have the chance.
And well, now i can be proud when i say that my UI looks like the one in wow, becouse it was the first real Custom UI (using dialogs) announced on Hiveworkshop, UDmod & Sc2mapster as far as i know :) And it already looked decent before this thread was even made ^^

Ohh, and yes, you can create & delete characters, and it will all be stored in a bank.
I have not released a version with these features yet though, becouse the character creation screen is in a pretty bad shape right now, it is not even close to finished, and when you delete a character it does not refresh the character selection screen and remove it until you re-enter the screen and let it reload. But i will fix this when i continue to work on my map.

oh i see :D wow addict ;) well that explains it all then dont it haha ;D

EDIT:

Starcraft II, messed my map up.. Not saving completely.... so just completely lost all my work! gahhh!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.