• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #2 - Power of Command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, better?

Attachments

• BTNAttackGroundVer2.jpg
    BTNAttackGroundVer2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 142
lol you have exactly a month to do them! Look at me, the contest even barely started and I finished 3 icons! Spend a week on doing the icons, 1 for each day, it's not so hard, actually, it's fun! You can learn much from trial and error! That's how I learned to use photoshop! Don't give up hope! :infl_thumbs_up: And NEVER SAY YOUR OWN WORK IS CRAPPY! BTW, use tuts if you find yourself stuck, it's not embarrasing, it's like if you were embarrased to go to school!

There! :thumbs_up: Now there is some accent on the smoke!
AWESOME icon!!

WIPS of mine, im gonna win from orginality.

>.>

EDIT: Mine dont all go together, right now...Maybe Thye will later..

Attachments

• iconmove.jpg
    iconmove.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 121
  • iconstop.jpg
    iconstop.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Attckicon1.jpg
    Attckicon1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 76
Hmmm, you could blur them a bit, then fade the blur, It'll look awesome. Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur (1 px radius) then Edit>Fade Gaussian Blur and put blending mode to Hard Light. That could do the trick! And it'll look like it's under a Pixel Shader :wink: And be sure to burn the lower edge of the blade from the Attack icon. Hmmm, maybe I can even write an Icon Making tutorial!

Level 13
Man Willthealmighty, stealin my ideasssss. Anyway, heres some of my WIP's. I drew out almost everything (excluding cancel and stop) with pen to get ideas. And I just started on my Goblin for the Move/Patrol icons.

Attachments

• Wip Pen.jpg
    Wip Pen.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Wip.jpg
    Wip.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Level 12
I like your hands in your icons. They look good. COuld you please tell us what each one is? I'm sure if you did I wuold recognize them instantly, but I don't yet. Anyways, there is time left still, I may try to pull some together.

iow, did you steal me soul stealing site?

I like your hands in your icons. They look good. COuld you please tell us what each one is? I'm sure if you did I wuold recognize them instantly, but I don't yet. Anyways, there is time left still, I may try to pull some together.

low, did you steal me soul stealing site?

Ok, the first one I posted was the Attack, the Fireball like one is Attack Ground, 2 crossed arms is stop, the Shield and the sword with 2 arrows round it is patrol, and the last one is Skills, and no, a friend of mine gave me the link to follow, and I thought it was funny, never knew you had one! :smile: If ya want, I can remove it!

Level 12
Yeah now you say that. Did a rough "Stop" one. It is a hand!!!! More accuartely, a grey hand! It is all like stop! I will hopefully get more creative as I get farther along... Attack ground I am going to make a little landscape maybe, and then make a small spot of blight expanding... no thats dumb. I will see though.

Level 12
Don't worry FG, it is harder to draw people in Photoshop. I am using GIMP and it is really hard. l0w, what would that be used for? For my attack I have a good idea, but I would like to take a screen of a unit so I didn't have to draw one. But I knwo I can't so wth why even try. My idea is there is a guy and through his chest he has a claw sticking out. :smile: It would be better if I could take a pic of the peasant than work with it, but I will try to draw one. :thumbs_down:

Level 8
I have finished mine. Maybe ill make some changes later.

My topic is : Magic

Here i submited both BTN & DISBTN icons. Also some previews.
Later I'll post screenshots in-game to see how the look :grin:

Made with MS Paint and a lot of time.Comment plz... its the first time i make icons !

-UPDATED-
I say PASBTN, but they are actually DISBTN .... sry, i confused the titels...
Attack Ground -- Attack -- Cancel -- Hold Position -- Move -- Patrol -- Skillz -- Stop

Attachments

• BTNAttackGroundSpell.blp
    9 KB · Views: 89
  • BTNAttackSpell.blp
    8.2 KB · Views: 101
  • BTNCancelSpell.blp
    8.8 KB · Views: 95
  • BTNHoldPositionSpell.blp
    9.3 KB · Views: 85
  • BTNMoveSpell.blp
    7.8 KB · Views: 99
  • PASBTNCancelSpell.blp
    7.1 KB · Views: 103
  • PASBTNAttackSpell.blp
    6.7 KB · Views: 94
  • PASBTNAttackGroundSpell.blp
    7.3 KB · Views: 113
  • BTNPatrolSpell.blp
    7.9 KB · Views: 97
  • BTNSkillzSpell.blp
    9.5 KB · Views: 88
  • PASBTNHoldPositionSpell.blp
    7.5 KB · Views: 96
  • PASBTNMoveSpell.blp
    6.4 KB · Views: 85
  • PASBTNPatrolSpell.blp
    6.6 KB · Views: 86
  • PASBTNSkillzSpell.blp
    7.6 KB · Views: 121
  • PASBTNStopSpell.blp
    8.5 KB · Views: 123
  • BTNHoldPositionSpell.JPG
    BTNHoldPositionSpell.JPG
    1.8 KB · Views: 363
  • BTNMoveSpell.JPG
    BTNMoveSpell.JPG
    1.5 KB · Views: 371
  • BTNCancelSpell.JPG
    BTNCancelSpell.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 406
  • BTNAttackSpell.JPG
    BTNAttackSpell.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 375
  • BTNAttackGroundSpell.JPG
    BTNAttackGroundSpell.JPG
    1.7 KB · Views: 368
  • BTNPatrolSpell.JPG
    BTNPatrolSpell.JPG
    1.5 KB · Views: 366
  • BTNSkillzSpell.JPG
    BTNSkillzSpell.JPG
    1.8 KB · Views: 416
  • BTNStopSpell.JPG
    BTNStopSpell.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 381
I have finished mine. Maybe ill make some changes later.

My topic is : Magic

Here i submited both BTN & PASBTN icons. Also some previews.
Later I'll post screenshots in-game to see how the look :grin:

Made with MS Paint and a lot of time.Comment plz... its the first time i make icons !

-UPDATED-

Uh, isn't it DISBTN? PASBTN is pretty useless here, just darken them for 50% Cool looking icons!

Level 12
So you have medivial themed things I am guessing? They look nice.

btnstopsz3.png

Here is the hand I have drawn out for my stop... don't know why you want to see it but you do. It is supposed to be an undead hand... thats why it is grey. Now I have no clue what to do with it. Any ideas? Some basic shading on the knuckles and palms...

Status
Not open for further replies.