• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PC vs Console...

What you preffer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Wii (U) and a PC is all you need :)

Level 15
Dont buy laptop, buy PC. Also with xbox controller
PC can play almost every console with emulator. (psx, psp, ps2, ps3, nitendo, android, etc)
But I highly recommend you to buy all consoles too if you are super rich.
If you want have a console, I will recommend you XBOX ONE, for Halo Master Chief Collection. XBOX has better controlled than PS.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

^This, Wii has Mario, end of conversation.

Level 25
PC. The sooner we stop supporting consoles and the numerous crappy practices that come with them, the sooner the talented developers working on console games can start making games for superior platforms like PC, for more of us to enjoy.

PCs can do anything a console can plus more and at a better price. The only advantage consoles have is ease of use.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

The only advantage consoles have is ease of use.
You're right, Playstation and Xbox sux, Wii for the win!!

Level 25
problem with PC's is that they are expensive if used for gaming

Only if you want to play the most graphically advanced games at full resolution.

You can build a PC for less than either Xbone or PS4 that can easily play most games, even newer games.

The "PC is expensive" meme is even more false when you factor in the price of games. Just look at the regular Steam sales, Good Old Games, bundles, loads of free games, etc.

Only if you want to play the most graphically advanced games at full resolution.

You can build a PC for less than either Xbone or PS4 that can easily play most games, even newer games.

The "PC is expensive" meme is even more false when you factor in the price of games. Just look at the regular Steam sales, Good Old Games, bundles, loads of free games, etc.

Or you could always do it, this way.

"Do what you want cause a pirates live free, you are a pirate." - National Anthem of The Pirate Bay.
This is the secret advantage of having a PC.

*Not so secret anymore..

Level 5
PC master race. Nothing beats a high-end PC, though I definitely see the appeal of consoles since my PC is shit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
PC can play almost every console with emulator. (psx, psp, ps2, ps3, nitendo, android, etc)
Last I checked there are no PS3 emulators. Any that claim to be are malware. Any projects that are legit emulators will be far from actually running any games stably (even PS2 still has issues).

You need a Wii U since all Nintendo's new games are for Wii U only. For example you cannot play Super Smash Brothers Wii U on a normal Wii.

Level 15
YAY PIRATE!!! About PS3 emulator, when GTA5 released, I saw Pewdiepie play GTA5 on PC. But I'm not sure... But I believe all Microsoft phone games will be on PC. Also PC became quite good now. Final Fantasy 13 is now available on PC, maybe they will release Final Fantasy 15 for PC since consoles are dying in Japan. And I love Steam, they have many great bundles, even its cheaper than pirated disc in my country.

Level 22
1412570505719.png
I voted PC, because I love The Settlers II®. A PC can be plugged a controller if you dig joysticks, gamepads, or whatever-pads. You can also get ones with touch screen support if you want something like that, and motion sensing gizmos too if you also like or want those.

Level 15
I have a very wise decision to not buy any other console... That's because in my country these consoles are much , much more expensive and their games aren't original & cheap too.

So I stuck to PC, I built my PC a little bit more badass so it could run for me Wii, PS2, Wii U, N64, NDS, NDS 3D, Gamecube, dreamcast and some fewer other consoles like Atari xD... So yeah, PC Rocks, no doubt PS4 and Xbox are some kind of unplayable on PC, but yet, Xbox is similar to PC for graphics and style of playing..
PC rox!

Level 25
They would be stupid not to seeing how Xbox One and PS4 are "PCs"... There is nothing to port even, just some adapters for the APIs and compile.

The main reason consoles sell is because of exclusives - games that you can only play on a particular system.

If too many games also become available on PC, which has the double advantages of better performance and better pricing, they'll lose too much market share to be sustainable in the current format.

Level 15
The main reason consoles sell is because of exclusives - games that you can only play on a particular system.

If too many games also become available on PC, which has the double advantages of better performance and better pricing, they'll lose too much market share to be sustainable in the current format.

I would say the perceived "ease of use" is what moves more consoles.

While PC gaming isn't really complicated, it has the negative connotation of being known as "difficult". That alone makes people shy away. People are scared away by the idea of "upgrading" and "installing drivers" and all that jazz. They want something that they can plug in to the TV and call it good.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Square no longer makes many exclusives. Final Fantasy especially is multi-platform now.
They are game makers. They do not care if Sony or Microsoft goes like Sega.
Consoles are cheaper per cost for performance.

Level 29
But I wonder why even a high performance PC cannot 'really' emulate the consoles?, like PS2, it's frame rate is horrible...PSX is OK but not really like the console FR...

I like PC also, but since I get used to laptop and it's portability I like the latter better...

EDIT:
Perhaps there's not much people play the PS coz its zero atm XD

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
But I wonder why even a high performance PC cannot 'really' emulate the consoles?, like PS2, it's frame rate is horrible...PSX is OK but not really like the console FR...
It is because it has to emulate the hardware, often to such an extent that the game itself cannot tell it is running on an emulator (otherwise errors such as the infamous Spyro 3 or Pokémon occur).

This is not just a mater of correct timing, output, input and firmware, but also having to physically emulate the processor and any peripherals. The processors used by most game consoles (except the new Xbox One and PS4) are not x86 compatible so computers physically cannot run their code. On the other hand they can simulate the processor using an interpreter but those are too slow. To speed that up JIT compiling is often used. However since it is no longer clock perfect bugs can occur. Oh and let us not forget that processors have pipelines and other parallel structures to make timing even harder.

The irony is that the Xbox One and PS4 will probably be emulated on PC long before Xbox 360, Wii U and PS3 since those new consoles use PC components so can run natively.

Status
Not open for further replies.