• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

(I don't know where to put this so feel free to send it to it's right spot.)

I've come up with an idea that might be interesting. You remember those Tiger games? You remember arcade games? Those with 1 game built into them and are solely based of it? You got what I where thinking? I where thinking of "Single Game Consoles".

I where inspired by the 3DS. It's a portable console that only supports 1 very powerful game. There will be multiple games on different SGCs so there's different games to play. The games themselves will be high quality as I've planed. This might be very, very hard and will take a-lot of time to do if I can't basically just request some company to make some.

It's a good idea? Well it was before so it could be so today. If the consoles gonna cost a-lot then cutting the price won't hurt. 25% presumably.

Any thoughts?

Level 22
Sounds ridiculous, in terms of raw materials for production. Every game would require a dedicated console which would make it more expensive, in my opinion.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

@pyf Handheld consoles with only 1 built in game.

@chobibo Yeah maybe that's gonna be a problem. So what? Am I gonna quit this idea because of it?
Okay maybe I should just make 1 powerful game instead of multiple variations. Because plastic consoles aren't such a good idea.

Level 22
I never suggested for you to quit, just wanted to point that out since you never mentioned if it's just a hobby project and the post somewhat indicated that you had an intention for mass producing it...

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Yeah it's going to be officially made in the actual industry. You mean that I could make my own by myself or with a small team?

Status
Not open for further replies.