• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30 Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Patch 1.30 is live on PTR

Source: Patch 1.30 announced

As announced on readmore (German site) today, Blizzard will make further drastical changes to the game in 1.30. I briefly translated the patch notes for you.

Battle.net Warden

• Anti-Cheat Tool will return to ban hackers

Map Pool Update

• Concealed Hill, Northern Isle and Swamped Temple will replace unpopular maps. Fun Fact: HighTac promoted and developed Concealed Hill in collaboration with a map maker

Human

• Stronger Gyros
• Brilliance Aura got weakened
• Spellbreaker less mana steal
• Mortar Teams deal lower damage
• Tanks take more supply

Orc

• Spirit Walkers now in Taurem Totem, which is available on tier2
• burrow/tower fortified armor upgrade on tier 2 already
• no more speedscroll sappers
• Headhunter more hp
• Shamans and Batriders deal more damage
• Blademaster agility points get reduced by two

Undead

• Destroyers weaker damage and dispel
• Orb of Corruption reduces less armor (1 point)
• Acolytes have more hp
• reduced building time for haunted goldmine and necropolis
• Ziggurats more hp (no 1shot by sappers)
• Necromancers get massively buffed

Nightelf

• Bears and Dryads weakened
• Huntresses get sentinel upgrade for free on tier2
• Hippos get tame training for free on tier2
• Glaives and Ancient Protectors deal way more damage
• Mountain Giants are cheaper and take less supply
• Chiems deal fewer splash damage
• Chiem Roosts don’t need Ancient of Wind anymore
• Moonwells have higher mana regeneration

Neutral Heroes

• Panda drastically nerfed (lower damage cap and higher costs of BoF)
• Tinker with lower armor
• Naga with stronger mana shield
• Alchemist weaker healing spray, but higher conversion rate of Transmute

HighTac's Comment

Almost everyone agrees that Warcraft 3 needed some balance changes to break meta and revitalize the game. With 1.29, Blizzard displayed willingness to indeed bring major changes and adjust entire hero skills instead of only health points or damage. As rumours indicated already, 1.30 affects mostly units and drastically buffs and nerfs many of them in a way that scares me personally. At some point, it may break the game as players may become alienated from the game they love.

As we experienced before, non-Solo game modes and especially FFA do not seem to play a role in considerations for this patch. Although tanks were widely seen as overpowered and the supply update may make sense, nerfing brilliance aura, spellbreakers and mortar seem to weaken the race more than it should. Depending on the exact changes, it could easily push human way off the FFA throne with Undeads sneaking up from behind. It surely is a viable move to ease their expansions and I sincerely hope Necrowaggon strats will find their way back into meta.

Nightelf and Orc changes will strongly depend on the exact patch parameters in my eyes. While bear and dryad damage does not play a huge role in FFA, stronger Ancient Protectors and Moon Wells could be very powerful and outweigh the weaker Panda. Orc changes sound to me as if they could lame way easier now, with bloodlusted bats.

-------------------------------------------------

However I didn't see anything WE related. Maybe there'll be more details later. What do you say?

-------------------------------------------------
2018-07-05 09:10:00 UTC edit:

The original post seems to be removed. We should wait until next credible news is out.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Oh crap, if this isn't some sort of April the 1st joke, then melee is going down... Each faction had three units in each of the second tier buildings... Now, orcs will have two and you'll be forced to build another building for the Spirit Walker. What if you don't want to also train Tauren? And the upgrades, are also moved in the Totem?
I'm not really open to weird changes like these or the one they did with Tranquility. These ones, at least a lot of them, seem unfounded...
I don't want this to be justification for them doing something...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Oh crap, if this isn't some sort of April the 1st joke, then melee is going down... Each faction had three units in each of the second tier buildings... Now, orcs will have two and you'll be forced to build another building for the Spirit Walker. What if you don't want to also train Tauren? And the upgrades, are also moved in the Totem?
I'm not really open to weird changes like these or the one they did with Tranquility. These ones, at least a lot of them, seem unfounded...
I don't want this to be justification for them doing something...
I don't know how popular Spirit Walkers are, but I'm led to understand that, for nearly all of competitive play, Orcs never needed to leave T2, and that Tauren were simply not good enough an excuse to get there, which is simply a shame IMO. So moving both the Tauren units to the Tauren Totem (a 'flavor win', if you will) & making it available T2 really opens up the possibility for players to be willing to try & tech towards the Tauren as a Thing... And that's exciting. : )

Level 15
Spirit Walkers are extremely popular and were the only unit built from the spirit lodge. Now you probably won't see spirit lodge anymore. It increases the likelihood of seeing taurens, but shamans and witch doctors will now be even more rare, because you now need an extra building for them.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Spirit Walkers are extremely popular and were the only unit built from the spirit lodge. Now you probably won't see spirit lodge anymore. It increases the likelihood of seeing taurens, but shamans and witch doctors will now be even more rare, because you now need an extra building for them.
Seriously??

I'm not kidding, I had no idea... How/Why in the world were they so popular?? I mean, since no one makes Tauren they basically have 1 less useful spell... Spirit Link is great, sure, and Disenchant is the Horde's only AoE Dispel but... what, Ethereal Form? Or am I missing something?

Also, how the heck aren't Shamans & Witch Doctors, like, good enough on their own? I thought Bloodlust was, like, the spell that everyone envied (not to mention Purging enemy heroes or something...), and friggin Healing Wards/Stasis Traps are srs bsns for a good Horde player.

Level 15
Spirit link reduces damage on a single target by 50%. This makes heroes way harder to kill. The damage is spread, but this can be healed with healing wave and heal scroll, because both are aoe healing. Because of that healing scrolls synergize very well with spirit link. If all your units have spirit link, all of them will have taken damage. Use healscroll and you will heal all units by 150.
Without spirit link, heal scroll will often only heal a couple of units, because not all of them have been damaged.
In a fight vs orc it takes a long time before you can kill the first unit, because spirit link makes everything tanky. Before the shadow is out of mana it is very hard to kill units.

Blademaster is a hero that is often alone (following the enemy in windwalk). If he is spirit linked during that time he is essentialy twice as tanky.

Orc has no real anti-magic unit, so in most match ups the enemy will use a lot of spellcasters (sorcs and talons mostly). Spirit walkers are the only way to counter them.

In most 1v1 metas anit-caster units are very common: dryads, spell breakers, destroyers, spirit walkers.
Because of that spells like bloodlust are mostly useless, as the enemy often has the counter to it without even trying to speciifcally counter bloodlust.

Shamans and Witch Doctors are both great late game. If you add one master shaman and one master witch doctor to an army it gets a lot stronger. The shaman can bloodlust the blademaster and witch doctor can heal entire army.
It takes a lot of time and resources to get them though. In 1v1 this is bad, because you will have a weaker army before you get them. During that time the enemy can expand or get a lot of creep camps, which is very important.

Purge is decent and I am sure if undead had this spell they would use it, because they have no similar spell to lock down a unit. Orc has ensnare which is simply superior in almost every aspect. Remove ensnare and you would probably see a few shamans simply for the purpose to lock down units.

Level 15
As far as I know there should be WE changes. The original article was posted by neo on a german site. The article was removed after some time and reddit posts referring to the news have also been hidden.
He states that there are further changes, that are not mentioned here and a lot of bugfixes and upgrades for the world editor.

Level 8
I think changes make sense because we can always see the same strategies.
Especially units and heroes that are basically used in every game for a race are a problem.
Undeads always using destroyers, nightelfes mostly play bears + dryads...hopefully this will change

But some changes are not clear for me:
-I dont see the benefit of moving spirit walkers to the tauren totem...in professional games you can rearly see shamans and witch doctors anyway
-Improving glaives and ancient protectors for nightelves....this could be a problem for humans

Neo has a video where he talks about changes, havent watched it yet: Twitch

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I think changes make sense because we can always see the same strategies.
Especially units and heroes that are basically used in every game for a race are a problem.
Undeads always using destroyers, nightelfes mostly play bears + dryads...hopefully this will change
I think it's because people tend to go with the flow as they see others do it instead of trying new stuff. They play "safe".

Status
Not open for further replies.