• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #1 - Warcraft Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, ikillforeyou and I will throw in an effort to finish something, but it might require an extension.

TrollHeroConcept.png

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It wasn't my idea to come here and ask for an extension, I basically just joined the contest to try and make it a contest rather than whatever you'd call this. I heard there was only one entry. We might finish by Sunday, we might not (which would be my fault). Just saying that it might require an extension. I don't want to promise anything.

So to put it short, I'm not asking for an extension, I'm offering to participate, and if there will be an extension either way, we will participate. Don't make an extension just for us.

Level 26
I basically just joined the contest to try and make it a contest rather than whatever you'd call this.

You're right.... this really isnt a contest anymore. Seriously, if we cant get 2 more entries by the deadline, we might as well close this thing and just give debode/l0w_kwaliti a partial rep prize.

I guess it just isnt a feasible contest idea. mathematics say that if 2 people work on the same project, that it should be done in a fraction of the original time it took 1 person to finish. not a multiple.

You're right.... this really isnt a contest anymore. Seriously, if we cant get 2 more entries by the deadline, we might as well close this thing and just give debode/l0w_kwaliti a partial rep prize.

I guess it just isnt a feasible contest idea. mathematics say that if 2 people work on the same project, that it should be done in a fraction of the original time it took 1 person to finish. not a multiple.

ahhaaha

Just goes to show the mentality of internet cooperation

In my honest opinion, if more entries do not come in, Debode and low should win by default and receive the award and full rep prize. No reason for them to be stripped of their rightful prize just because they had no competition.
Anarchian, we all knew from the start that this would take much longer than a normal contest. Coordination of two separate but interdependent tasks should and does take much longer.

Level 26
/sigh

You're right, sorry. I guess i pendulum-ed from last time.

For the next contest we should have some sort of clarifying criteria like

"the contest will end when these 2 conditions are met
* deadline met
* 3 finished submissions minimum."

or something.

that way we wouldn't have to keep asking for extensions and yelling at eachother or making long posts about what "should or should not" be done.

Level 38
I think some people will finish in deadine. i just hope we will be with Zadelim among them. And i aslo hope all of the models fro the contest wil be finsihed, these models are just awesome. Everyone.

And well this is the first paired modeling contest, iam sure on the another one it will be much better with timing and will be far less problems like with more and more extensions etc. But anyway, iam glad for the extensions.

Level 26
Level 31
K, the pink balloons are finished!

This is the "Bandit Berserker." Because, as well all know, the bandits need some love. :3

Have fun. Most of the credit goes to Stanakin for working his ass off to get this awesome texture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BanditBerserker.blp
    230.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Tada10PNG.png
    Tada10PNG.png
    660.5 KB · Views: 1,522
  • BanditBerserkerV2.mdx
    86.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Level 26
K, the pink balloons are finished!

This is the "Bandit Berserker." Because, as well all know, the bandits need some love. :3

Have fun. Most of the credit goes to Stanakin for working his ass off to get this awesome texture.

everytjing looks great, but I think you should create a real stand ready animation. Oh and personally I dislike your helmet concept, because the face is the part of the wc3 heroes that makes them unique(examples: demonhunter, dreadlord, lich)

The Human Executioner is here!

M0rbid's and mine final entry to this contest:

The Human Executioner!

attachment.php

Mesh is party scratch, partly edited. Use a meld of Blade Master and Beast Master animations.

attachment.php

The package contains TC and non-Tc version of the skins and models.

attachment.php

Have fun with the model!

Last edited:
Level 23
General Frank post:
That team color didn't look good. And the axes looks very weak when you got those holes in it. And he got crazy eyes. The rest looks very good.

Feel free to use the Version without the Teamcolour, that is included in the ZIP file aswell.

gimli-lord-of-the-rings.jpg

That does count as an answer on you second point (the axe).
Weak Gimli is weak?

@kola, yes it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.