• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #2 Poll

Who should win the contest? -- PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Here is the poll for the 2nd Paired Mapping Contest. For this contest the contestants, in pairs had to create a party style map. The four entries we got were:

Hell Scream's Party - By Taur & ragingspeedhorn
When Servers Collide - Deskalada & Pyritie
Trials Of Kalimdor - Maelstrom_ & The_Twinz
Mini-Games - Spammy & Joelimphi

Rules - Please Read!
  1. You must play EVERY map before casting a vote. You should make a post giving a comment on EVERY one of the maps entered into the contest.
  2. Creators of the maps can vote in the poll, however they can not vote for themselves.
  3. You can not create multiple accounts and vote for your map. Please note that if an account that has the same IP address as the map is voted for, the vote will not count.

Level 12
I can't access the hellscream map.. right now I'd give my vote to ToK because it has some good minigames, good AI (most of the time), and pretty good terrain, not super large filesize, and not very many bugs.

Servers collide is very unique, but like 13lack.1)ragon said, very confuzzling and the AoS part is totally imba... the minigames were pretty good.

Mini-games is well... minigames =D

Level 11
Dreadnought[dA];478532 said:
I can't access the hellscream map.. right now I'd give my vote to ToK because it has some good minigames, good AI (most of the time), and pretty good terrain, not super large filesize, and not very many bugs.

Servers collide is very unique, but like 13lack.1)ragon said, very confuzzling and the AoS part is totally imba... the minigames were pretty good.

Mini-games is well... minigames =D
How can you not access the game? The link works fine.

besides it looks like blackdragon is the only one who's actually followed the rules.

Last edited:
Level 2
I think Dread was refering to the link on the other thread, which doesn't work. This is because the link on the other thread isn't updated with the lastest attachment of your map. It appears that you updated your map 8 hours after the competition had closed :p
Contest Closed at Yesterday, 03:16 AM
Last Edited by Taur: Yesterday at 11:32 AM

I think that's a bit unfair :p There is plenty of bugs in our map that we realised needed fixing after the contest was closed, but we thought updating it was not allowed.

Level 11
Anyways, I'm not going to vote, but I am going to give some feeback.

Trials of Kalimdor
Easily the most polished, well done of the 3 maps that were not ours. A healthy amount of minigames, a small starting cinematic so everything isn't abrupt. It's in a good playable state. However, I would also say that it is easily the most boring of all 3. I just found it like another worse Uther's party. I saw very little originality in making the minigames, it was like 'run away from this' or 'collect this' or 'build this'. When you can make an AI for each minigame within a month, then the minigames are too simple. I felt like they took no skill, which is very important in a party map. The map is polished given the time limit, but not that fun.

When Server's Collide
What can I say... You took a simple concept, a party map, and convoluted it. I dont think it's that fun either and there are very few minigames. The point of a party map is to have enough minigames to play and right now it doesnt. Unless something is just a stupid mistake, I dont think people should vote based on potential for it to be better. The terrain and custom models however are pretty good and the idea of adding users and stuff is cool, but it seems to me that you put too much effort into adding users and not enough into the actual minigames.

Minigames
I actually thought that some of these ideas were not that bad. I didnt like the cursed circles game, but others were okay. A bit more polish and stuff would do a lot for this.

I think Dread was refering to the link on the other thread, which doesn't work. This is because the link on the other thread isn't updated with the lastest attachment of your map. It appears that you updated your map 8 hours after the competition had closed :p
Contest Closed at Yesterday, 03:16 AM
Last Edited by Taur: Yesterday at 11:32 AM

I think that's a bit unfair :p There is plenty of bugs in our map that we realised needed fixing after the contest was closed, but we thought updating it was not allowed.
I did ask bob if it was okay, and he said yeah. All I changed really was to add pathing blockers around the trees on the ninja game to make it more fun. Before you could walk through trees. Insignificant really.

When Server's Collide
What can I say... You took a simple concept, a party map, and convoluted it. I dont think it's that fun either and there are very few minigames. The point of a party map is to have enough minigames to play and right now it doesnt. Unless something is just a stupid mistake, I dont think people should vote based on potential for it to be better. The terrain and custom models however are pretty good and the idea of adding users and stuff is cool, but it seems to me that you put too much effort into adding users and not enough into the actual minigames.

Yeah I got a bit too carried away with the awesome UI. That and DesKaladA's minigame triggers didn't work at all so I had to basically redo everything. That and he got sick and couldn't work while I was in egypt for 10 days.

But yeah, we kinda put off making minigames until the last minute. D:

Level 14
I voted for hell scream because it was actually a really cool mini game party map, My other favorite was Trials Of Kalimdor but it suffers from server splits so yeah.

When Servers Collide Very good idea and well done but the mini games weren't to much fun..

Mini-Games fun idea but not very well done.

Level 1
Trials of Kalimdor is forever, definatly my favorite out of all the maps; as it is beautifully terraigned, excellently triggered, with maximum fun, and also has the unique ability to keep you entertained for longer then 5 minutes (average time for a map to get boring for me :) ) Good job to all maps though, as they are all very good.

Level 5
Trails of Kalimdor was the best map (i think so), I really think that the game is satisfying and fun and playable for hours if you are playing with at least 5 people, BTW the AI was nice.
I think that you should have the ability to vote if the same map is chosen.
Overall great map really fun!

Level 12
*sigh* ToK was the most polished map, had the most minigames, the minigames were all pretty good, and you say it's easily the most boring? lol I think you just played Uther Party waaaaaaaay too much, and are very judgemental of games that are similar to it. BESIDES! This is a Mini-game Party style competition, not who can make the most whacko idea!

Level 11
Dreadnought[dA];480247 said:
*sigh* ToK was the most polished map, had the most minigames, the minigames were all pretty good, and you say it's easily the most boring? lol I think you just played Uther Party waaaaaaaay too much, and are very judgemental of games that are similar to it. BESIDES! This is a Mini-game Party style competition, not who can make the most whacko idea!
First of all, you havent played our map so you cant say that ToK is the most polished. It does not have the most minigames, ours has 11, thiers has 12, but two of them are not finished. I think it is easily the most boring because it's a lot of luck, there isnt that much skill involved in most of them. ANd I dont play Uther's party that much. And if you think whacko is a way to describe originality then you really need to rethink being a modder. What I'm saying is that, the games in ToK are pretty similar to ones in Uther's Party and other party maps. But Uther's Party is 1) very famous and 2) has like 60+ minigames. It seems pointless to make another party map that has the same kind of games.

They didnt feel like they were that fun either, a lot of them took forever. There was really no game that I would want to play again. Except for the ball game, that was a great game, but there werent many like it.

Level 3
Hell Screams --

Overall generally good games. Really dislike the "Use this time to check spells". need to be switched with something else like explaining the spells in text as well. When i say explains them i mean gives very brief information so a newb knows what to do in less than a second.

Check pathing on Ninja showdown, possible to hide offscreen.

Rating: 6/10

Mini Games --

Oh my god. This has too be broken down into sections.

//Keyboard //
The use of the keyboard is way too much especially for someone like me who uses window mode and having arrow keys that do something in game while at the same time my primary function is to move the camera with them is horrible. At least lock the camera so the map doesnt move back and forth.

//Cameras //
Cameras spend too much time looking directly at the horizon and it causes lag for most people. Also it looks horrible. For games like the tauren and whatnot, use a camera that looks 45* down onto the player. Zoom out camera for the jumping game.

//Triggers //
Game crashed on the jumping yellow w/e game. Lots of non nulled variables. Will cause game splits

Rating: 4/10

Trials of Kilenwhatever

First off, this game suffers from the cinematic opening.

Also the " I am a terrainer! Not a game maker!" type of systems for choosing games. Needs floating text over top of the game selection circles AT LEAST

I had a few problems with the fact that the triggers didnt know i died in the games so the games kept running despite my obvious loss.

Not one player compatible.

No freaking instructions for any of the games.

Games start too fast [ see above ]

Many games look like remakes of other popular games, no actual wowing value. ( yes i played them all, had to watch the intro cinematic almost 13 times [ see no one player compatibility ] Pudge wars, Tower Defences, etc

No way of determining what place you are in. no score system whatsoever.

Tower defence game doesnt show how much hp you have left before death.

In Ancient defense its much faster to die and respawn than it is to regain mana or hp

Please stick to maze maps. That's apparently what youre good at.
Rating: 7/10

When servers collide

Wow.. don't we have enough dota remakes?

3 mini games in a map for a contest for minigame maps.

Too jerky, switches heros, map looks like shit, too many custom models/skins. The UI looks horrible, cant make out what half the text out of it like gold(rep) and the MINIGAMES the reason why this map is here DONT WORK.

This game made me rethink my score for the Mini-Games map.

Just die.

Rating: 1/10

Winner should probably be Tok because they look like they actually put the most effort into the map even though the games are all remakes.

Would glady change my answer to Hell Screams if they updated it with more games and usability. :)

Somebody's feeling violent today.

Wow.. don't we have enough dota remakes?
Just because dota is the most played AoS doesn't mean that it owns the genre. And besides, just because you don't like AoS maps doesn't mean you can just refer to them as "lol dota remake delete plox"

switches heros
That's kinda the whole idea. Instead of relying on hero choice to win, you have to use strategy and teamwork.
map looks like shit
Shit meaning awesome? Everyone else who played it thought it looked cool. And besides, it's when SERVERS collide, not LAND MASSES.
too many custom models/skins
Pretty much all of the custom units for the models are custom made BY THEMSELVES. And what's wrong with imports? It makes things looks different.
The UI looks horrible
Cry more.
cant make out what half the text out of it like gold(rep)
I fixed that in a newer version of the map.
and the MINIGAMES the reason why this map is here DONT WORK
So it's my fault I went to egypt for 10 days and my partner was "violently sick"? And yes, I got a bit carried away with making the map look good that I never got around to making tons of minigames.

Just die.
Oh boohoo. You hurt my feelings. /wrists

Rofl.

Level 3
To be honest guys, I saved your map for last while testing them all. I saw all these good comments about it and was actually hoping for something new. I was very, very, wrong. I put the map up in the shooting gallery like I did the rest; so there was no bias.

Let me elaborate on my map 'flame'. Which by all means I will agree to.

I have to agree that there are some good AOS's but DOTA isn't only on my mind as a bad memory. It's also on other peoples minds that DOTA is the greatest AOS ever and there is no point playing the game because it's JADC ( Just another DOTA clone). So while it may seem like I'm saying deleteplzkthx, it's that i already know it won't take off because of everyone else has bad thoughts about it as it's not DOTA.

The heroes switch constantly during gameplay; a lot of the time which seems like random. Perhaps add some sort of message that notifies the user that a hero switch will occur soon. It almost feels like watching an episode of robot chicken, only, robot chicken looks well organized compared to the way this is set up at the moment. Also it's quite annoying to be attacking the enemies base and then have your hero switch and force you to walk all the way back. (bug?)

The map terrain is a highly basic grid pattern, one that hurts to stare directly at most of the game. The paths are also very small, which forces everything into a tiny area for which there is no way to escape if you manage to get trapped inside of. Lower the collision size of units and resize the units to something smaller to make up for it. Leave heroes the same size so they look more like heroes than blending in with the fodders. I don't like the idea of land masses either considering you have already been trying to get a theme. Add more variation to the tile structure like parts of the grid breaking off into sparks or revealing machine below it or defects in some pieces.

The UI looks terrible because the boxes are XP specific, there is an X to close in EVERY box 'corner', and the background is way too bright. The interface really burn peoples eyes. Especially when the blizzard default icons for spells and items do not match your UI at all. As with the readability problem, I cannot know whether or not you fixed it as I merely downloaded the file provided on the first post.

Custom models are great when they match the theme. Everything in the map seems to be completely random. As for skins I was mostly referring to the UI. I should have been more specific.

I'm sorry that your partner was sick. Unfortunately I am not psychic. I was under the impression that for a Mini-Game / Party map, the first to be created would be the mini-games; as they would be needed to get to the second poll anyways. I suppose I was wrong.

As for the 'Just die' remark. It was because I was severely disappointed after playing through everyones boring map and hoping that your map 'was the one'.

Hope that was a decent amount of information to help in any way.

No hard feelings?

@DesKaladA, Theres more to life than having rep on a forum. No offense towards HiveWorkshop. <3 this place.

Last edited:
I have to agree that there are some good AOS's but DOTA isn't only on my mind as a bad memory. It's also on other peoples minds that DOTA is the greatest AOS ever and there is no point playing the game because it's JADC ( Just another DOTA clone). So while it may seem like I'm saying deleteplzkthx, it's that i already know it won't take off because of everyone else has bad thoughts about it as it's not DOTA.
I agree with you there. DotA does have a few perks, but it is far too overplayed/overhyped. (There is a big thread somewhere on here where you can flame dota all you want)

The heroes switch constantly during gameplay; a lot of the time which seems like random. Perhaps add some sort of message that notifies the user that a hero switch will occur soon. It almost feels like watching an episode of robot chicken, only, robot chicken looks well organized compared to the way this is set up at the moment. Also it's quite annoying to be attacking the enemies base and then have your hero switch and force you to walk all the way back. (bug?)
Look at the leaderboard? The number next to your name shows how many seconds are left before you switch.

The map terrain is a highly basic grid pattern, one that hurts to stare directly at most of the game. The paths are also very small, which forces everything into a tiny area for which there is no way to escape if you manage to get trapped inside of.
They are no bigger than those in other AoS's. Keep in mind you can step on the thin grid as well as the thick one.
Add more variation to the tile structure like parts of the grid breaking off into sparks or revealing machine below it or defects in some pieces.
Well I didn't make that metal tileset so I can't do much about it. I could try adding more doodads but there aren't many doodads that would fit the theme.

The UI looks terrible because the boxes are XP specific, there is an X to close in EVERY box 'corner', and the background is way too bright.
The bottom center box with the stats used to have the same background as the rest, but it was changed to black because it blended horribly. And I chose the XP theme because it's one everyone can recognize.
As with the readability problem, I cannot know whether or not you fixed it as I merely downloaded the file provided on the first post.
Yeah, the problem is in that one. A newer version was posted on this map's thread in the map development forum. The UI was fixed and the four minigames now properly work.

Custom models are great when they it the theme. Everything in the map seems to be completely random.
Well all I asked for people was "Name [c] Icon [c] Model [c] Ability", and they chose what they wanted themselves.

I mainly chose the hive vs wc3c theme because I figured people would want to vote for a map they were in. And if they could choose exactly what they wanted, then they'd be much more likely to submit their user information.

Level 14
maps for this contest are so unoriginal ;d this just proves that we had enough of paired mapping.

my vote goes for Hellscream's Party - ninjaz powers

comment on other maps:

WSC - AoS + few minigames - boring, hive vs wc3c? wtf this map is doomed for failure. my friend who doesn't know hive or wc3c when saw the map said "where did the guy get these shitty heroes", i guess it sums it all

Minigames - at least use a more original name

Minigames&ToK - we have seen it all in Pyramid Escape and Uther Parties

Level 3
As it seems I've written much for When servers collide and also got a reply thanking for hell screams comments. I feel I've cheated ragingspeedhorn. So here is a detailed review of Hell Screams Party.

Opening
First off, I completely love the use of buttons to select the options. No really, best way to do this ever.

The cinematic text seems to take too long between clips. Short sentences, too much time to read them. Shorten it up.

Score System
Works well but has issues. Points are lost every round as the multiboard is reset so you can't actually see the score needed to beat the person in first place. Also it should always show your current rank; even during reset.

Gardening
Love it how it is. Don't touch it. Maybe fix the points for the certain coloured ents.

Ice Skating
This game lags a lot. I'm not sure what it is because I don't have access to the map and it's obviously gone through code obscurification because opening it in a MPQ editor shows random variable names. Might be the sliding, might be the spinning speed increaser.

Tuskarr Thrashing
Problem where you can bash people off the movable map area or get them stuck so they can't move anymore.

Race
Buttons aren't very good because the hotkeys also match other hotkeys.
A : Attack
S : Stop
Using ZXCV would be better since they don't share. Also buttons should be in order for spacing.
[ Z ] [ X ] [ C ] [ V ]
not the way it is now where A and S share the same button spot
[ A/S ] [ ] [ D ] [ F ]

Capture the Flag
Units should slow down if they have the flag.

Suicide
I don't like it... It might be more fun in multiplayer. But I can't really explain why I don't like it. Maybe take longer for projectiles to hit ground.

Domination
This game has sight issues with the lower wall. Might be neat to add a trigger to tilt the camera down the closer you get to the bottom.

Crash Bandicoot
Slow down move speed so people need to slide around more... right now it might be way too hard in multiplayer

Santas Wrath
Show who has the present by having an item in the inventory.

Shoot True
One line of targets is in the water. Needs to be more visibility that you shouldn't shoot the females. Otherwise pretty nice game.

Ninja Showdown
As I said before, pathing issues allow people to run outside the map. Also fix the pathing on the large trees so you can move around them. Make the random spawning area INSIDE of the doodad walls.

Overall
There needs to be a timer that shows how much time is left in the games. Display it on the multiboard or something.

Hope that helps more than my P.O.S 4 sentence description.

Level 11
Thanks for the comment, Auraiken. The terrain was added at the very last second so there are some issues, but you should try it multiplayer, it gets way more fun. Personally, I believe that this contest is more about the map and how fun it is. I really feel that our map can be a great one once we just polish it up (takes about 20 minutes to fix everything you've mentionned) and add more minigames, but it's your vote. I found it kind of funny how harsh you were with ToK but you still voted for them :p. Anyways, I guess we could do a bit more info at the loading screen, I think for most of them, it's pretty obvious, unless you mean something like e.g. for archers "Use shoot to hit monsters."

All the pathing problems I think are already fixed by Raging (but we cant upload another version), just that we had to really hurry to put the terrain on and the doodads had no pathing.

Score System
Works well but has issues. Points are lost every round as the multiboard is reset so you can't actually see the score needed to beat the person in first place. Also it should always show your current rank; even during reset.
Well after a game, points are automatically shown so I didnt think that people would need to see in on the multiboard too. You can see how much you need to beat the top player after each game, sounds reasonable to me.
Ice SkatingThis game lags a lot. I'm not sure what it is because I don't have access to the map and it's obviously gone through code obscurification because opening it in a MPQ editor shows random variable names. Might be the sliding, might be the spinning speed increaser.
The lag in the ice skating map is due to War Stomp believe it or not. Since we have so many doodads and war stomp has a terrain deformation in it, redrawing all those doodads causes lag. I have to change the spell entirely.

Shoot True
One line of targets is in the water. Needs to be more visibility that you shouldn't shoot the females. Otherwise pretty nice game.
The terrain for that was doine rather quickly, but I dont see what you mean by more visibility.

Buttons aren't very good because the hotkeys also match other hotkeys.
A : Attack
S : Stop
Using ZXCV would be better since they don't share. Also buttons should be in order for spacing.
[ Z ] [ X ] [ C ] [ V ]
not the way it is now where A and S share the same button spot
[ A/S ] [ ] [ D ] [ F ]
The spacing thing was meant to be that way, probably just a typo.

And I thought that it did work for S, I noticed that it had a conflict but it seemed to fire as normal.

I don't like it... It might be more fun in multiplayer. But I can't really explain why I don't like it. Maybe take longer for projectiles to hit ground.
I thought that too when I first made it, but in multiplayer a lot of people liked it, it was fairly fun.

Santas Wrath
Show who has the present by having an item in the inventory.
I'm thinking showing an attachment or visual effect, an item sounds too annoying cause you have to click on the unit.

Crash Bandicoot
Slow down move speed so people need to slide around more... right now it might be way too hard in multiplayer
I didnt find it too hard, if you scatter right away, but I'm thinking maybe giving unllimited lives and awarding points based on kills and deaths, might make it less important if you die.

Last edited:
Level 3
I got alot of quoting to do lol.

We shouldn't be voting for who's is most balanced, etc; we should be judging based on how good the idea was. If it was original and unique then it should win, because I'm sure most (or all) of these maps will still be worked on afterwards and finished.

I think people should be voting on the map that they think is overall best out of the 4, not on the idea alone.

ya because juging it on somiting as lame as AI
isnt a good way to rate it
Why are AI's lame? I think they're cool XD
Easily the most polished, well done of the 3 maps that were not ours. A healthy amount of minigames, a small starting cinematic so everything isn't abrupt. It's in a good playable state. However, I would also say that it is easily the most boring of all 3. I just found it like another worse Uther's party. I saw very little originality in making the minigames, it was like 'run away from this' or 'collect this' or 'build this'. When you can make an AI for each minigame within a month, then the minigames are too simple. I felt like they took no skill, which is very important in a party map. The map is polished given the time limit, but not that fun.
Im going to have a punt a say you said that because you saw ToK as your main competetor. =P
'run away from this' < theres no minigame like that
'collect this' < the coin game? Your right tho thats not that original lol.
'build this'. < The TD? Whats wrong with creating a TD minigame? o_O
I got another question: How is your map unlike Uther Party? I thought our 2 maps had alot in common.
PS: I've actually only played Uther Party once for 10mins. I think i had a look at about 4 out of the 50 or w/e minigames, in singleplayer.

I did ask bob if it was okay, and he said yeah. All I changed really was to add pathing blockers around the trees on the ninja game to make it more fun. Before you could walk through trees. Insignificant really.
I think thats still quite unfair. If i had a chance to update my map after the comp had closed i could have fixed a few bugs making gameplay overall alot better. What was the reasoning behind letting you update it?

I voted for hell scream because it was actually a really cool mini game party map, My other favorite was Trials Of Kalimdor but it suffers from server splits so yeah.
Really? Never had it happen to me, it may have just been the host quiting or something.

Trials of Kalimdor is forever, definatly my favorite out of all the maps; as it is beautifully terraigned, excellently triggered, with maximum fun, and also has the unique ability to keep you entertained for longer then 5 minutes (average time for a map to get boring for me :) ) Good job to all maps though, as they are all very good.
Trails of Kalimdor was the best map (i think so), I really think that the game is satisfying and fun and playable for hours if you are playing with at least 5 people, BTW the AI was nice.
I think that you should have the ability to vote if the same map is chosen.
Overall great map really fun!
Thanks! XD

I think it is easily the most boring because it's a lot of luck, there isnt that much skill involved in most of them. ANd I dont play Uther's party that much. And if you think whacko is a way to describe originality then you really need to rethink being a modder. What I'm saying is that, the games in ToK are pretty similar to ones in Uther's Party and other party maps. But Uther's Party is 1) very famous and 2) has like 60+ minigames. It seems pointless to make another party map that has the same kind of games.
Could you please give a list of the minigames that rely on luck? I can only think of one. O and i already commented on uther party up there ^^

To be honest I am a bit surprised myself as I see ToK as the best map (can't judge my own).
Thanks, thats good sportsmanship :) ...unlike Taur lol. :xxd: Maybe ill give u rep.

Despite my presence in When Servers Collide I felt that Hellscream's Party was better overall.
People having heroes in WSC seems to have a large impact upon the poll.

Trials of Kilenwhatever
The maps name is written at the top of the page o_O
Also the " I am a terrainer! Not a game maker!" type of systems for choosing games. Needs floating text over top of the game selection circles AT LEAST
I was really rushed (well left it too late) to finish ToK, i made the Free Play minigames selector and 3 minigames in the last 2 days. I also ran into a really really annoying bug that for some reason stopped actions after Waits from referencing the triggers event. (Hence the local variables in revive triggers @_@)

I had a few problems with the fact that the triggers didnt know i died in the games so the games kept running despite my obvious loss.
No idea what you mean. Please give an example. O nvm i know why. You were in 1 player.

Not one player compatible.
IT HAS AN AI! Lol (for 3/4 of the minigames anyway =P) Add some computer players.
No freaking instructions for any of the games.
Theres instructions on all the minigames lol. You just have to read what comes up on screen. Also you can read Map Info (Quests) for similar information or type -gameinfo ingame.

Games start too fast [ see above ]
You right about that. I will eventually add a 3 second counter before minigames begin.

Many games look like remakes of other popular games, no actual wowing value. ( yes i played them all, had to watch the intro cinematic almost 13 times [ see no one player compatibility ] Pudge wars, Tower Defences, etc
lol im sure i added a game message (if theres only 1 player) saying: HINT: ToK contains a (almost working) Computer AI! Maybe it comes up when viewing the dialogue box.
The TD was very unfinished, and the Huntress(/Pudge) Wars minigame was a last minute thing. =P Did you like the soccer/ball game? =D

No way of determining what place you are in. no score system whatsoever.
Not sure what your talking about. Theres a score system =P. But i guess you never saw it as you restarted after every minigame lol. +2 points for a FFA minigame win. +1 Point for a Team minigame win. It is displayed in a leaderboard inbetween minigames in both the Competitive and Free Play game setup.
Tower defence game doesnt show how much hp you have left before death.
Its very unfinished. Theres also a bug where only 1 player on each team gets a builder. XD

In Ancient defense its much faster to die and respawn than it is to regain mana or hp
That was another last minute minigame.

Winner should probably be Tok because they look like they actually put the most effort into the map even though the games are all remakes.
Thanks. I will update this map when i have time, fixing bugs, finishing the AI and making the minigames more dynamic. :) I thought the only game i remade was pudge wars o_O
I mainly chose the hive vs wc3c theme because I figured people would want to vote for a map they were in.
lol seems to be working for you. XD

ToK - we have seen it all in Pyramid Escape and Uther Parties
Why do you all think i copied everything? @_@ As i said before i havent really played Uther Party.

Thank you to everyone who voted for ToK and put thought into thier comments. :)
Wow this post is long!

Level 11
I think thats still quite unfair. If i had a chance to update my map after the comp had closed i could have fixed a few bugs making gameplay overall alot better. What was the reasoning behind letting you update it?
The reasoning was that it was a bug that was annoying and I did have it ready before bob closed it, but he said that he would close it when he went to sleep and I thought that meant in a few hours so when I came back in a few hours he had already closed it (dumb time difference :p). Whatever, I PMed him and told him and he said it was okay.

Im going to have a punt a say you said that because you saw ToK as your main competetor. =P
'run away from this' < theres no minigame like that
'collect this' < the coin game? Your right tho thats not that original lol.
'build this'. < The TD? Whats wrong with creating a TD minigame? o_O
I got another question: How is your map unlike Uther Party? I thought our 2 maps had alot in common.
PS: I've actually only played Uther Party once for 10mins. I think i had a look at about 4 out of the 50 or w/e minigames, in singleplayer.
No, I really find that it was boring. Most of the games were things I had seen before, except for the ball game. Perhaps luck was the wrong word, but I felt it didnt take enough skill. There was that wisp game, the TD, the archimonde fire and the ship game for example. Most of it just requires a bit of clicking and hoping people dont notice you. Some took forever, like the ancient game.

P.S. When I said run away from this I was referring to the Archimonde game.

How is ours different? Ours requires more skill if you ask me. Games like ninja, tuskarr thrashing, gardening, shoot true, santa's wrath all have a variety of different abilities which require you to know when to use them and why. We have some games that are pretty non-skill involved, like Domination but they are fun because of how chaotic they are. I just enjoy playing those games and I didnt feel that for ToK. They're also more original.

Thanks, thats good sportsmanship :) ...unlike Taur lol. :xxd: Maybe ill give u rep.
You're a retard. One, raging said that yours was the best outside of ours. Two, I was giving my opinion. An opinion you know is not biased because many other people said the same thing. Apparently that's bad sportsmanship. I like how I was the only map creator that bothered to go through the maps and give feedback anyways.

But whatever, that was my opinion, that it wasnt fun. I think it was well done, and I do think it was the best out of the other 3, just not very original. It's an opinion and I'm not going to post anymore about it.

Last edited:
Level 3
I know that Raging said that ToK was the best out of the other three. I was refering to that all of his posts in this thread and the other have been short and only postive comments about feedback recieved and the other maps. However you review of ToK was a bit over the top negative.
However, I would also say that it is easily the most boring of all 3. I just found it like another worse Uther's party.
Mainly this bit. You are the only one to say that its boring so far, and after saying that how can you go on and state thats its the best out of the three? It was good that you took the time to review all the maps but posting alot of negative stuff doesnt exactly help me improve it.

Sorry if i said anything a bit stupid in the huge post up there, i wrote it at like 1am and was a little annoyed at everyone stating our minigames were just remakes.

Last edited:
Level 3
Here is my top 4:

[voted]:infl_thumbs_up: 1. Hellscreams: I love the competative side of this game. The score system rocks and the intro movie is very funny! Also the mini-games are very well thought of. For example: ''The attack of the present'' is just brilliant! What I would like to see is a free gamemode, where the admin can choose the minigames like in ToK. Only downsides in this map are 2 major bugs.

2. ToK: The mini-games are very well made on this one. People loved to play ''Archers #1''. This game really gave me the ''teamfeeling''. Also a game like ''Battleships'' was very fun to play. Awesome is the AI system, which doesn't work properly in some games. Downside in these games is that they take way too long. Other downsidesare bugs; On single player I once got 2 whisps. When I chose 1 mini game with 2 whisps at the same time it got bugged; the football in the soccer match disappeard when hit once. Also the second time in a row on Archers resulted in 1 team dead, but no end-minigame trigger... Last bad thing is the immediate start after the timer reaches zero.

3. No, not when servers collide, but ''Mini-games'':thumbs_down:: This map is totally bugged and only worked a little on single player. But seeing through these fucked up game mechanics, the mini-games are just awesome!!! The skiing game just made me laugh!!! Well, I didn't get passed the 3rd ''frog'' minigame... So I've only seen 3 mini games... The second game, ''cursed path'', was bugged. You can cheat in it, by standing in the middle between 4 circles. I couldn't move my frog in the frog-game...

4. When servers collide :thumbs_down:: This map is the least bugged, but the least fun of them all. The mini-games miss originallity and 3 of the 4 minigames (there were 4 right?) are bugged. In the game were you had to evade the rocks, you auto-evaded them. So you are able to just stand still! In the game where you had to run from up to down, the sprint skill didn't work [on single player]. The vulcano game, well, I dont know if it is bugged, but you always win when you just stand still... I like the aos, but this gets boring very fast and the vortex-hero is just too ownage. I think this map will be nice to play. I love the ''users'' fight and me pwning all the enemies with 1 vortex xD. Please increase the time of the mini-games, because they are too short.

I think everybody has done a good job. Mini-games should be reworked a lot on the game mechanics!!! When servers collide needs more excitement and balancing for heroes. ToK needs bug fixes and better worked out AI. Hellscream needs bug fixes too and needs some polishments :)! Overall everybody has come with great map/minigame ideas!

Last edited:
Level 12
This was quite exciting as I checked the poll b4 downloading, to see two entries neck and neck with each other plus a third very close behind.

So after trying each map heres my top 3, in the order I played them, followed by my vote.

Hellscream's Party

Good things
- Very fun minigames
- Plenty of minigames
- A nice variation of themes per minigame
- Visually appealing & good terrain
- A professional Multiboard & scoring after each game
- A cool map preview
- A selection of game modes

Cons/Bugs
- No Timers on some minigames, i.e. game would only end once everyone was dead or had completed the objective. This was quite frustating, especially when guys went afk.
- Hotkey conflicts, I noticed quite a few abilities had clashing hotkeys with each other or the command buttons.
Would also have preffered all hotkeys remained the same for every minigame, i.e. Q W E R.
- Layout of abilities was a bit bizzare on a few minigames, they should all be in the same place, going from left to right IMO.
- Passive Icons on active abilities, best to sort this out
- A bug on the scores at end of each minigame appeared, where the name of the guy in last place would appear for each leaver (or something like that)
e.g.:
1 - Ppl A
2 - Ppl B
3 - Ppl C
4 - Ppl D
5 - Ppl D
6 - Ppl D
- Lastly I feel that some model imports are/were unneccessary and may as well just use wc3 models such as e.g. Crash Bandicoot? In a minigame map you just want low filesize, but up to you

When servers collide

Good things
- A unique theme
- Cool tileset
- Easy to play minigames

Cons/Bugs
- Well... first off I thought the theme of the contest was for a party style map? This one seemed very odd.
- The AoS part was very poorly done. Heroes had 1 spell?, some didnt even have one. The constant hero swapping was also simply annoying.
- The minigame's themselves were quite boring or generally overly basic. You also generally only got a very short time to play them or even 'get into' them.
- The custom interface didnt look all that, I did like the tiles thou, but the rest really not so much.
- The game was difficult to get into or enjoy, it seemed very random, Im constantly getting new heroes & spawning back at the base & then playing a minigame for 10 seconds. Just not very fun at all for me.

Trials of Kalimdor

Good things
- Nice map preview + loadscreen
- The minigames that worked were generally quite fun
- Nice variation of minigames
- Good terrain

Cons/Bugs
- Game modes didnt work properly.
- Some games were incomplete, the tower defence for example only I (red) spawned, leaving everyone else to watch in frustation, shouting at me why they had no units.
- No scoreboard, or way of tallying points?
- No Timer? The archer game for example took about 5-10 minutes for it end, with lots of ppl getting angry as 1 guy fled the entire game.

VOTING
Rank1) - Hellscream's Party 8/10
Rank2) - Trials of Kalimdor 7/10
Rank3) - When server's collide 4/10

Overall I strongly feel Hellscream's Party deserved my vote.
It was the most fun & enjoyable out of the 3 and certaintly the most professionally done.

Had ToK had alittle more work put into it, so everything was working better I may have voted that as number 1.

Id have to say I feel, IF WSC had not had many forum members featured inside the map I very much dought it would have gotten this many votes.
Should also be noted I've read through every reply and its shame ppl are just voting without giving reasons and feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback Fulla. About the imports, most are low file-size, especially doodads and such. Also crash bandicoot is not of a big size and he is a crowd pleaser when on BNet. I will try to further reduce skin size in the next version as I don't think Taur did that when importing the first time, that way a lot of the size can be taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.