• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
To let everyone know that we're still alive:

As Oziris said, we are resolving disconnection issues and we're doing pretty good.

A fix for multiboard issues in multiplayer has been developed, and I'm working to implement it.

Classes will change a little bit in the upcoming version, 1.3c.

A lot of items are going to become available (most of them are already added).
This includes, but is not limited to: Main hand, off hand, back, chest and ring -type items.

Furthermore, I'm altering combat to become more fast paced, while maintaining the strategy element.
Abilities will now have appropriate energy costs.

Level 1
bug :(

Guyz, I attempted to play the 1.3b beta with my friend in lan and we both took the first event quest, from that captain guy. But, approaching the "meeting point" the hosted player was kicked off the game and thus I, the host remained in the game... And one more thing, although I guess it's from the beta phase of the map, is that I can access only some specific places of it.. I hope all these will help you finish this stunning map, the best ever made, no doubt :ogre_haosis:

That will be good, cause that's what I'll need you to model me. And if you can do attachment models it will also be good, but that's a maybe. :)

PS. My computer is getting fixed tomorrow, I'm on my brothers ATM, so when i find out whats going on I'll notify you with new information on our current progress. :)

Well, I can also create attachment models....

Level 17
Well, the talking system might be a possibility. The mounts not so much, as we don't have a modeler any more.

Level 4
Just curious. Is there dialogue in the demo or do you wing it and kill everything in sight after you pick a class?

Level 27
Hey guys? Yeah, i havent contributed much to the project for quite a while, and in the light of the recent loss of modeller i thought it was about time i did something.
So, for the past week i've been working on making you guys loading screen/banner utilizing the greatest concentration of awesome i can muster.
I'm getting there slowly, but it's gonna take a while before it's ready.
So, to show you guys a small bit of what i've got, here's the most finished part of it.
174511-albums2927-picture51487.png

Level 6
Indeed! Keep up the good work man!

I've been editing and reconstructing a lot to prepare for the upcoming changes:

The internal mechanics of the Specialization interface have been completely revamped.
I've also separated the Specialization interface into a Spellbook and Talent interface.
More about that later.

Planned a couple of changes on the damage engine.

Updated threat engine.

Updated quest engine.

Inventory and Attribute interfaces are now fully merged.
Also begun some background work on a replacement for the current inventory system.

Level 17
To all our fans,

Shadows of Everwood ORPG is now being put on hold as of today. The amount of time it will be on hold is unknown, but rest assured, we are still working (just not on the game). There is a lot of things we need to do for this project to be successful and we are taking this break to sort those things out. We are all currently in the process of recruiting team members, setting out goals and organizing a release schedule.

We appreciate your understanding and do acknowledge that you have all been waiting so, so long for the game.

Regards,

Wolfe

I checked map and I really like how you terrained some things, I was impressed with so many custom doodads used. But somehow map miss some important effects.
Add grass and more vegetation, it's forest after all.
Add neutral passive units (rabbits, insects, wisps, beasts anything), make that forest look ALIVE!
Add sound effects all around (wind, rain, waterfall etc etc)
And for the end, LIGHTNING, use lightning effects!

Level 17
That map is old, we're working very quietly at the moment. But we are still working, don't lose faith. A new starting area, eight classes, crafting, events, loads of quests, mini-bosses and a new, better world full of lore are all being worked on!

Level 17
Hey guys,

Just popping in to say welcome back to HeroSlayer on models and Bugz who will be helping me out with writing, lore and NPC interaction/dialogue.

Level 5
Hello, I would like to let you know that Im back on this team.

I returned a couple days ago and I've done some progress, I used World of Warcraft textures because it is now allowed. I just needed to export WoW textures as we couldnt find a proper texture artist since a long time ago

I havent and will not extract ANY model from world of warcraft or another game, if you dont believe me I can provide you around 100 Wips :)

So this was the model I made first:

You can see more on page 17 of this thread

75g2.png

I made this using wc3 and some custom textures, yeah they sucked

This is the new work:

-Base model with the town guard armor

148kcoo.jpg

Edit: I wont show the base model, as it has no underwear and I dont want Rui to keep giving me negative rep -.-

Level 51
Looks quite good HeroSlayer, though I suggest you to not use wow textures, they just don't fit into wc3. Try and find some wc3 textures, it just fits so much better!
And, don't make it too high poly, as it might crash with the enviroment then (if Wolfe wants it like this I'm false in this case ofc.)

Oh and, as HeroSlayer has taken his position again, I'd be glad anyways if I could make some creeps or stuff for you...

Last edited:
Level 5
Looks quite good HeroSlayer, though I suggest you to not use wow textures, they just don't fit into wc3. Try and find some wc3 textures, it just fits so much better!
And, don't make it too high poly, as it might crash with the enviroment then (if Wolfe wants it like this I'm false in this case ofc.)

Oh and, as HeroSlayer has taken his position again, I'd be glad anyways if I could make some creeps or stuff for you...

I believe they fit very much as they are made the same way wc3 textures are made. What doesnt fit are the models, but we will take care of that.

You can be always of help when making doodads, decorations, or accesories :)
I will let you know. and what do you mean "crash"??

Oh WOW... Just beautiful I must say... Models fitting TOO much...

Was that sarcasm? lol last part confused me :/

About the progress, the female version is in progress. I will post it in a couple days ;)

Level 51
The textures are just to high qualitiy to fit into wc3, they are.... just unfitting :/
It's your decision ofc. but I just wanted to point it out.

And with crash I just meant unfitting too, so if there are for example blizzard creeps and then your high poly models with such detailed fingers and stuff, they will stand out a bit, which will "crash" (now we got the word again) the atmosphere.

Level 2
The textures are just to high qualitiy to fit into wc3, they are.... just unfitting :/

And with crash I just meant unfitting too, so if there are for example blizzard creeps and then your high poly models with such detailed fingers and stuff, they will stand out a bit, which will "crash" (now we got the word again) the atmosphere.

I think you mean CLASH not crash.

Level 5

I know that already, I also hate to see a low poly creep next to a detailed model.
There will be no blizzard creeps :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 1
Hello guys..Greetings to all the SoE team working on the map..You really did a great job there! The map is really improving and it seriously has some of the very unique elements of a perfect WC3 ORPG..I hope you all continue working on it cuz I have good expectations towards this map..I would like to be around reporting some bugs and become a beta tester if I could..I'll report some bugs I noticed as playing for the first time (As the Paladin-type class)..:

1- In the inventory system, When you try to equip an item into a slot (which isn't made for this type of items) the Icon picture disappears (Example wearing an axe into the armor slot, The armor pic on the slot disappears).

2- That first mission of the campaign (The one with the bandits) is really bugged and glitched..When I loaded my character and started it (for the second time), At the time when the bandits attack the outpost..We killed all the bandits and then the Cinematic of the bandit escaping didn't show..And therefore soldiers didn't even come and I had to solo all the way to the end..(I was playing on Single player)...The other bug was when you take the 3 challenges..I used the burning skill of the Paladin on one of the bandits and then he ran and died out of the zone..And after all the bandits were dead , The next challenge didn't come up (I think it was because the bandit died out of the zone of the challenge)...And about the boss I could defeat him without him touching me using the Paladin's burning skill (That burns HP) whenever it's casted on a unit, The unit runs back ..He kept running everywhere and I kept spamming it until he died...So you gotta fix that skill or it'll be really imba...Also when casting that burning skill of the Paladin + the skill that converts damage into HP..It makes you tottaly undead..It fills your HP in secs....

SORRY FOR MAKING IT LONG ON YOU :wink: But really overall the map is really AWESOME :grin: I really hope you continue working on it and maybe accept me as a beta tester :D Thank you, -KolShadow:goblin_yeah:

Level 6
Thanks for the report! :)

If you tested the latest version, the inventory bug is strange and I'm glad that I'll code a new inventory system in the new version of the map.
It has been reported a couple of times, but the latest fix seemed to make it work as intended, probably something that I'll have to watch out for in the new system, though.

About the event quest: Yeah it is extremely bugged, mostly due to some multiplayer-related things like waiting for players to reach a certain stage, which is quite ironic since the cinematics will disconnect people, making multiplayer impossible...

Event quests will have a different structure in the new version and, as opposed to the current system, will only make sure players are on the same stage in critical phases.

Balancing is pretty bad on the Paladin, mainly because his skills were designed for a previous version, and because we were in the process of removing him from the game.

The new map will feature a robust spell system and most (very powerful) debuffs are now going to be resisted by Boss-type units.

I hope that you'll play the next version as well, and if we decide to re-recruit beta-testers I'm sure that you'll find yourself on that list :)

Level 5
Thanks for the review KolShadow :) I think Tukki said all necessary

Progress:

-Woman mesh has been finished
-A new armour set is finished

I wont show the new armour set, as another set will be shown in the next days

This is the woman model

2ppk1ub.jpg

As you can see, the feet are too big, lol
I will fix that later

This is the woman with the town guard's armour set

2gvu1hs.jpg

By the way, hair will be an attachment in the game: making hair in the model file would not be a good idea, as the helms and hats would clip with it

Level 27
This is pretty much just a backdrop.
I drew it with a huge amount of detail at first, but ended up realizing it didnt work as something to be up front.
The reason i posted it is pretty much just to show off the effects. :p

And well, to be honest i can see your confusion as you dont have the rest of the image to reference it to.
The original position (where the shadow effects start) is slightly in front of the image's main focus point, which the character displayed in this piece is jumping around.
Now, the head is looking at this main focus point (as it is the character's target) and the arms are raised so that the spear is ready to strike with.
The overall body posture comes from the fact that... well, it makes sense when you think about that this person didnt actually physically jump.
He moves through the air by magical force, not by propelling himself off the ground with his legs, which creates the non-traditional mid-air-ready-to-strike pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.