• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i really cant belive guys your trying to make map for 1 year????

i really should tell you after you make this map make a game... for RTS its needed 2 years but with Wolfe leader 3-4 years maybe.This was Suggestion ;)

Well, yes. One year. I really can't tell you why it takes so long. We're all doing this as a hobby, and at times our most important member (our coder) isn't always around. The game will be ready when it is ready, no matter how long it takes. You want quality? Quality takes time.

No idea what you mean with the second sentence.

Level 12
unclear???? i wanted to tell they are makaing one map for too much time... they can make game with that time... understand now?

Good ORPGs usually take longer then a year. This is actually one of the fastest, actually good ones i've seen created. Oh, and sorry for not being able to respond, but I'm guessing you already found another tester. I can't test for a long while because I dont have my WCIII, i couldnt even come on here for a bit. Sorry

Level 17
*cough* I'm the boss. And no, not much to report on. Oz and I are currently terraining and polishing things as Tukki and HeroSlayer are both gone for a little while.

Level 27
Dragonson emerges from his Inactivity Rabbithole
Ello again guys. I havent really done anything for the project in quite some time, but if you need something done (Preferably Some new sigs or bannars or sumthing) i'm now officially no longer inactive.

Level 6
A major event quest issue has been resolved, and a couple of minor tweaks has been made to the cut-scenes in order to make them fit the new terrain.

Some tweaks and edits have been made to address some minor errors.

And with both D's and HeroSlayer's return, we might get some interface stuff up for version 1.5+

The version in-development is 1.3 and will be the public (pre)demo release.
Depending on my testing personnel, this version should be out in approx. 2 weeks.

Level 6
buddy u need to relax they dont update it everyday there would be no point they will prob wait untill something important happens and then make a big giant progress report so just relax n wait, perfection takes time isnt made over night

Level 15
Id rather say 1 or 2 years for beta(as things are now but they'll postpone it xD)-nut yeah, apart from joke it's 1 or 2 weeks. This project seems good, it's similar to the one I'm making, the problem is I'm alone :D

Anyways, remove that song from that video and look for "Two Steps From Hell" tracks, maybe Heart of Courage or Protectors of the Earth

Level 12
Id rather say 1 or 2 years for beta(as things are now but they'll postpone it xD)-nut yeah, apart from joke it's 1 or 2 weeks. This project seems good, it's similar to the one I'm making, the problem is I'm alone :D

Anyways, remove that song from that video and look for "Two Steps From Hell" tracks, maybe Heart of Courage or Protectors of the Earth

No, Linkin Park is the best. You shall not destroy them!

Level 6
[REPOST]

If everything goes according to my schedule, the beta version 1.3 will be released next week.

I'm finalizing the event quest, checking for DC issues/fixes and I'm actively making various bug-fixes and changes.

We've planned to import hero models into 1.4, along with major class revisions.
1.5, although a bit into the future, will feature update UI:s, and a lot more content.

Wolfe will reveal more info at a more appropriate date.

EDIT 2011-08-20:
  • Only aesthetics left on the Event Quest!
  • Fixed a bug which rendered per-player-visible threat bars visible for other players.
  • Currently importing UI elements & creating first-start tutorials for the talent interface.

The progress list has been updated: Link

--------------------------

UPDATE: 2011-08-22:
  • Couple of updates to the Event Quest.
  • Balanced health and damage of many low-level enemies.
  • Fixed unit camp positions, camp acquisition range and number of enemy camps.
  • DEMO area is now properly sealed off from the rest of the map.

Level 6
@kanadaj: Not quite up-to-date, but if you remove the two areas to the left, you'll get something equivalent to the current one. clicky

Re-factored some code and imported icons & models for the UI systems.
I'm currently investigating some double-free issues and tweaking a lot of stuff.

Still on track for a release on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Level 6
I've added some more content to the event quest, and fixed some (re)spawning issues.

Currently fixing an overlap issue in the very simple character interface.

ETA for completion is tomorrow. Then I've to find Wolfe and he'll make the official announcement, i.e uploading the map and all that.

EDIT: 2011-08-27
  • Attribute Interface bug has been resolved.

I'll run a final test today and see if anything is odd, if not, I'll package it and notify Wolfe.

Last edited:
Level 1
I've added some more content to the event quest, and fixed some (re)spawning issues.

Currently fixing an overlap issue in the very simple character interface.

ETA for completion is tomorrow. Then I've to find Wolfe and he'll make the official announcement, i.e uploading the map and all that.

EDIT: 2011-08-27
  • Attribute Interface bug has been resolved.

I'll run a final test today and see if anything is odd, if not, I'll package it and notify Wolfe.

How about : "No more ETAs until we get everything packed and ready to go" ?

Level 17
No need for anymore ETAs, we are ready to go with the demo. Just gotta package it and you'll be getting it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.