• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Quick progress update!

Change log:
  • Systems
    • Specialization Interface
      • Added yet another glow effect to talents and abilities!
      • Improved and simplified selection procedure.
      • Fixed a bug which created some talents without a max level.
      • Added tracker for total points spent in a specific specialization tree.
    • Camera System
      • New command: "-camera rotate" - will toggle auto-rotation on/off while you're in combat!
      • Added some safety to the "-camera dist" command.
    • Inventory Interface
      • Added destination highlights! I.e selecting a ring will now highlight the two 'ring' slots!
      • Added support for quick-equipping to the quick-access slots.
    • ScrollingBattleText
      • Finished adding dynamic texttags!
    • ThreatBar
      • Improved threat bar auto-creation! It will now create whenever you have aggro towards an enemy unit.

Level 6
Small update!

• System
    • Talentscreen (aka. Specialization Interface)
      • Added borders to the tooltip(s)! (Image added below)

Still some fixes on their way (looking at the multiboard).
Work on Event Quest will resume tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Attachments

• borders+ranger spells.png
    borders+ranger spells.png
    616.2 KB · Views: 215
Level 2
Tukki, just wanted to point out that there is a small misspelling on the tooltip for Wolf Fang, spelled it Wolfe.

Looks really cool so far! Keep up the good work!

Level 17
Tukki is currently going through exams, and I am currently busy sorting out school. Sorry for the lack of progress updates.

I'm busy with exams too :/ (A week ago, I got a grade so low, that if I had just given the teacher a blank paper, I would've gotten higher)
I'll be actively updating as soon as they're done though :)

I have one small update for now:

- I'm close to completing the Wave System.
- I found a few bugs with the Bear AI that I'm going to fix soon :)

Level 5
Ok I lied when I said 2 months, Im not currently working on the project because I have to study for something really important. I wont work on this for some time, Wolfe already knows. Im sorry :/

Level 1
Ellllllo Guys :D

Been patiently following this project for awhile now, as it looks VERY promising, and my clan and I are eager to tackle your RPG.

I decided that I'd make an account, just curious on if you're close to a BETA stage or not? :p

Either way, this map is looking brilliant, and it's still active! The greatest part of all :p

If you're looking for testers *probably aren't, but just putting down an offer*, would love to give a hand, and my clan will be behind that!

All the best with your exams and studying guys! Cannot wait for the map!

Cheers!

Level 2
Why the hell does it say in your first post that the map is being produced by Everwood Entertainment, if you put it like that you imply it is an actual company working on the map despite the fact none of you 15 year olds even has the slightest clue how to make an official company >_<
map looks quite ok tho.

Also adiktuz, what kind of stuff is it you are talking about that takes so much time, school? LOOL
When i was still in high school i dont recall being busy with it for about 14 hours a day but maybe thats just me.

What's wrong in naming the team, Everwood Entertainment??? we didn't even said Everwood Company or Everwood Entertainment Company...

and yeah, most of us are busy with exams and school work, and some other RL stuff...

well, Its still 2 weeks before my classes start, so I'm not busy with school work, but some rough turn of events is taking most of my time right now... not to say that I have my own map that I'm working on...

Level 27
Why the hell does it say in your first post that the map is being produced by Everwood Entertainment, if you put it like that you imply it is an actual company working on the map despite the fact none of you 15 year olds even has the slightest clue how to make an official company >_<
map looks quite ok tho.

Also adiktuz, what kind of stuff is it you are talking about that takes so much time, school? LOOL
When i was still in high school i dont recall being busy with it for about 14 hours a day but maybe thats just me.

Heh, think it over a bit.
The joke's on you.

map looks quite ok tho.
1. You're a dumbass.
2. That's because you're a dumbass.

They don't need the opinion of a lowlife who registered on a Wc3 website just to whinge and troll in their map development thread like the dumbass you are. Oh, and I almost forgot, you're a dumbass.

map looks quite ok tho.

ProblemSir, if you want to act like you know everything then don't, because your not good at it.

Entertainment, what is entertainment actually?

1. The act of entertaining; agreeable occupation for the mind; diversion; amusement: Solving the daily crossword puzzle is an entertainment for many.

2. Something affording pleasure, diversion, or amusement, especially a performance of some kind: The highlight of the ball was an elaborate entertainment.

Now, my point is pretty much clear here.
We are a group of people making entertaining maps for Wc:3. At the moment we are working on only one, Shadows of Everwood.
So we came up with an idea one day to have our own entertainment group for making maps in Wc:3 for YOUR entertainment!

About Adiktuz, I'll repeat myself don't act smart like you know him. And my advice to you is to not judge a man and his life because you don't even know his real name for a start.

Furthermore, we are not below 15 years. None of us. We are from 16-19 years. And in fact, we are discussing about making our own company for games, but it's pretty ambitious so we are sticking to this for NOW.

Any further discussion about this, please do PM. We want to avoid off topic and flaming.
Thanks,

~Oz

Level 5
...I lol'd - and needed that. Thanks all. Made my day :) (yes it was that bad!).

So when can we expect some major (or even minor) updates? I miss those massive collaborative 'news/overview' posts Wolfe made! :D

If the gray nightmare didnt posted before me i would post the same :D

Also this is so good(The project that is) have you ever tought creating your own game? :D

map looks quite ok tho.

I can now deduce the following:
There are 2 kinds of people in this world:
-Smart people who think before they act and understand that only through hard work and effort can one succeed.
-You

Please don't troll .. especially when you only have 1 post x)
Your first posts are part of your first impression.
You just showed us that you're nothing but a troll...

Can a moderator clean this thread? All these posts replying to ProblemSir are .. redundant. (including this one ;P)

So when can we expect some major (or even minor) updates? I miss those massive collaborative 'news/overview' posts Wolfe made! :D

Currently, we're all busy with exams..
You might see some major updates after school's over ^^

Furthermore, we are not below 15 years. None of us. We are from 16-19 years

... Except me.. I'm 15 :)

@ Wolfe
One other thing. To avoid more posts about "testing", I think you should a FAQ:
FAQ
Q: Can I be a tester?
A: [highlight]NO[/code]

Yeah, better delete my post before I get neg-repped ^^

"we are discussing about making our own company for games, but it's pretty ambitious so we are sticking to this for NOW."
Cool. If you ever get around to it, can you make a Halo 4? :p

Currently, we're all busy with exams..
You might see some major updates after school's over ^^
b'waitin

Level 12
Yeah, better delete my post before I get neg-repped ^^

Cool. If you ever get around to it, can you make a Halo 4? :p

b'waitin

Halo is copyrighted, so if that question had even a little hope/seriousness around it, its not possible lol. Halo Reach will be the last Halo ever made

Also, a game company, huh? I want to be the owner of a business that creates games to lol

Lol, Halo 4. xD
We were thinking about Everwood Online, a MMORPG. :p But we kind of lack modellers, coders and artists. :D

But enough with the off-topic! :p

Here are some screen shots I took while terraining.

Attachments

• ss.JPG
    ss.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 173
  • ss2.JPG
    ss2.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 116
  • ss3.JPG
    ss3.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 118
  • ss4.JPG
    ss4.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 137
  • ss5.JPG
    ss5.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Level 27
To get off the current topic of some random guy's possibly-not-so-well-thought-through comment, here's the raw file for the Everwood Ui that i've made.
EverwoodUIPreview.png

According to tukki i'l have to redesign the entire UI in order for this to fit in (kinda obvious, honestly) so i might have some more stuff for you guys soon.
'jest gotta have Tukki send me the to-be-modified files. ;)

And sorry for the big green everwood text, but as Oz said we have to make sure nobody steals the stuff.

Criticism is welcome, really. I've only heard Tukki's opinion so far.

Level 12
I'm getting kind of pissed about all these testing questions. It just shows that people havn't read the first page, or the thousands of comments regarding testing that are right before htis post.

Level 20
To get off the current topic of some random guy's possibly-not-so-well-thought-through comment, here's the raw file for the Everwood Ui that i've made.
EverwoodUIPreview.png

According to tukki i'l have to redesign the entire UI in order for this to fit in (kinda obvious, honestly) so i might have some more stuff for you guys soon.
'jest gotta have Tukki send me the to-be-modified files. ;)

And sorry for the big green everwood text, but as Oz said we have to make sure nobody steals the stuff.

Criticism is welcome, really. I've only heard Tukki's opinion so far.

Looks alright, I really daren't comment until I've seen it in game - with it being repeated tiles ^^

Level 2
Dragonson, at first glance the borders look pretty cool and I think they would look good in game, Although I feel only the corner pieces need that little flourish to the borders.

If you align to many of those side pieces together it will look a little odd. Perhaps instead of the extra flourish on the vertical and horizontal borders just make it into the bar itself, instead of extending in out of the actual border.

Perhaps I'll make something to demonstrate if you don't get what I mean.

Level 27
Dragonson, at first glance the borders look pretty cool and I think they would look good in game, Although I feel only the corner pieces need that little flourish to the borders.

If you align to many of those side pieces together it will look a little odd. Perhaps instead of the extra flourish on the vertical and horizontal borders just make it into the bar itself, instead of extending in out of the actual border.

Perhaps I'll make something to demonstrate if you don't get what I mean.

Well, i think i HALFWAY get what you mean, but a demonstration might still be called for.
And if i'm right about what you mean, i think you might be right that i should change it.
But i'l have to see how it looks ingame first.

@Dragonson: The UI looks too "future-aztecy" to me. Shouldn't it be more medieval and foresty?

Well, i'm planning to give it a more overgrown theme once i've seen it ingame.
For, really, i cant do much 'till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.