1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Northstar's Psychic Spells

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by N£cr0m@nc£r, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, lets get to the point... why did u delete northstar's psychic spells?

first thing i want to speak about... you say the spells were violating the rules?

well, daelin, u said u doubt if northstar asked asksword consent to edit the spell? well, then i guess u didnt even test asksword's nova because he said this "If any of these spells are edited or used, u must give me credit." in the loading screen! And northstar actually gave full credits to everyone, be it asksword, or any maker of his hero's spell icons.
    u also said u would give northstar 48 hours (if i am not mistaken) to delete his spells or u would delete them by urself... uhm, i see that u didnt even honor your word, since the whole spells were delete in less then 24 hours!

Also, this have nothing to do with Northstar's spells, but isnt it a bit too much coincidence a moderator giving DC to another moderator?

P.S. i dont mean to flame any moderator and i also hope that my post doesnt get deleted

2. Ex-AnGel

Ex-AnGel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Re

So thats right.
    And tell me, why didn't i get my comments?
    Come on, u guys are moderators for something, or not?
    And i'm sure u was jealous, vexorian.
    Some reaction now then? = ThX!

3. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That was a little misunderstanding between me and Vex I guess. Check Vexorian's post once again.

A moderator giving DC to another moderator? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? Vexorian gave DC to only one of my spells. And btw, who else is supposed to give us DC if our spells are good? Yes, I gave Vexorian DC to three spells because they are really good. Now look who's jealous.

And referring to this, Vexorian mentioned a lot of times that he doesn't care for DC. Hehe, well, I think DC is a really nice thing which prooves that the spell is good, and so, I do care about it. But even if one of us cares, and another doesn't (for his own spells), we do our job and give DC to the BEST spells around here. Understood?

And well, the spells weren't deleted only because he "probably" didn't ask for Arksword's consent. Actually, Vexorian had a better reason: why would you post a spell on the site once again? It's just like taking an icon of another user, recoloring it, and resubmitting it. That's simply useless. So if you didn't get that matter by now, I think you should reconsider the situation.

~Daelin

4. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The last person who called a moderator "Jealous" was a stupid spamming asshole who probably is presently getting his internet connection taken away from him

And giving credit is a different thing from asking permission

Oh, and owned by Daelin kthx don't embarass yourselves any further 1 post alt

5. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's just a fact that most of the mods are very experienced in modding, be it skinning, terraining, triggering or else. DC was invented so other users don't have to browse all files and test them to find the good ones. Experienced people create resources with high quality, so it's no wonder that many mod-submissions get a DC. And till now, none of the mods did give a DC to himself, it was always another mod.

6. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    in this case it isnt... go to http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=528&sid=c2eef7b48b911ab2d009d6d147070a64 and download the map by arksword, and READ THE LOADING SCREEN... in other words, arksword ALREADY CONSENTED WHEN HE WROTE "If any of these spells are edited or used, u must give me credit.", got it now?

you just threat Ex-Angel (and maybe me) just because he calls vex jealous? for chirst sake... so if i call vex jealous (for example) i will get my internet connection to wc3search taken away? in my opinion, u are just abusing ur power as moderator by threatning someone

well, let me tell u one thing... here http://www.wc3sear.ch/rules.php#10 i have read the following...

Spell Submissions
    Accepted

Spells made using ideas from other games.
    Spells whose ideas have already been posted on the site.
    Modified versions of spells already submitted on this site, provided that the original author has consented to this.

heck, i know my english isnt good, but still i understood what that means... Northstar new version of arksword's nova is a modified version right? u said "It's just like taking an icon of another user, recoloring it, and resubmitting it.", well that isnt breaking any rule either if u check the rules page again it stands...

Icon Submissions
    Not Accepted

These following types of icons are not allowed.
    Icons that dont have a DISBTN(disabled version)
    Copy and Paste from cartoons or movies
    Copy and Paste from real life pictures
    Crappy paint attempts
    Icons without the metal border
    Poorly shaded icons
    Really stupid icons
    Poorly recolored
    Already existent WAR3 icons
    Must have an correct looking DISBTN
    No ingame screenshots
    CnP's must be really good looking

IT DOES NOT say that u cannot copy and recolor any existing icon... so, let me say this, i think some moderators arent following the rules exactly as they should

7. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, I think he was talking about hippo...

8. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I was talking about Hippo. I was saying that saying that a mod is jealous is really, really, REALLY FECKING STUPID cause it is so untrue it makes Baby Jesus cry. We're not jealous of you. Infact, the only people I'm jealous of are people who can make awesome Flash animations

And actually, it is different. He doesn't say "I give you permission to edit these spells and then post the edited versions back on WC3Search", he says edit. That basically, to me, means he gives you permission to, if you use the spell, to edit it ingame by changing artwork, damage delt and all that sort of thing

And that spell thing interests me. It seems like someone screwed up with writing the rules. We REALLY need to get those updated

Yaknow, you could SO just avoided all of this if you actually decided to NOT be a dumbass and ASK for permission rather than guessing you had permission, cause you didn't, and if this was some serious law thing then you could actually be sued for not asking for consent I'm sorry to say

And the copy and recolour is sort of used in the "Poorly Recoloured" section

Oh, and the only moderator who ever DC'd his own stuff was Rightfield, and he's gone

9. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    By saying that people must give you credit for your work if they use or edit it, they means if they edit it and uses it in their own map, it's not about releasing them to the public.

@Ex-AnGel: Oh, shut your mouth. Try to take a look at Vexorian's spells.. I've never seen anything that was just half as advanced to make, an of such a high quality (I'm only talking about spells.) Vexorian is way better than the rest all spellmakers, so why should he be jealus? Give me one, just one, reason for doing that.

And why shouldn't Vexorian and Daelin have DCs when they make something of high quality? Like already pointed out, DC is a way to search for high quality objects only, and of course those searches should find the best resources, without taking care of whoever made them.

10. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ohohohoho... you are really brave N£cr0m@nc£r. Stand against 3 moderators, and two other users? Wow, you must really have some nerve. Ok, let's get this straight:

I UPDATED the rules in the spells section. Just because Oz02 didn't updated them (and I'm not blaming him for that, you are responsible to read both the rules posted at the top of the page and the ones inside the topic) doesn't mean I didn't add some. Oh and btw Mecheon, suggestions are welcome.

And now my little friend, getting back to the rules, I quote:

Hmm, modified versions... well well, now, it depends on how much it was modified. Maybe I should update that indeed (and so shall I), because just changing the art is not enough. Rules will be updated!

Oh, and as for icons, that "poorly recolored" indeed... I guess the rules will be severly updated after this tiny incident. I'll tell Veggie about it (if he didn't already see this thread), no worries.

Oh owned once again, harder, this time by Blade.dk2. Nice job Blade ;).

And since when did this little anti-mod situation come around? It was a time when mods were respected, now all you do is watch for every mistake we do, so that you can say "ha ha, you finally screwed it up". This is prepostorous. We are here to help the site, not cause chaos. So take it the right way, ok?

~Daelin

11. Ex-AnGel

Ex-AnGel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Re

Why should i tell it to u? Whats ur point of asking this? And so, i'm not asking u i'm asking vex. Also "Vexorian is way better than the rest all spellmakers". 'Ahum' All ppl here have created beautiful spells, without the knowledge of it, vex wasn't able to create also some 'nice' spells.

Why shouldn't he may adding comments? And he doesn't stand alone, so what? I guess this part of the forum is for this.

So LOL? about a 1000+ ppl already readed the spell section i guess. And now, because this conversation u updated them? Yeah right, good excuse. Sorry that i gotta say this, but this is LOW! As a moderator u gotta control the site, include the rules that were standing there already VERY long, and i bet u guys readed them also for a thousand times. In my eyes, u just changed the rules to ur advantage.

12. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually I didn't update them yet, and moreover, I could've done it without mentioning here, eh? I've just said it here, to prove you that I've got nothing to hide.

If Vexorian decided to delete the pack, so shall it be! He is the moderator around here, and not you. Juding Vexorian, the best spellmaker around wc3sear.ch is what I call LOW! If he deleted the spell, he had a really good reason! He didn't even have to explain his actions to you, but he did! That's more than enough! End of discussion!!!

~Daelin

13. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, he didnt make it clear, and he didnt specify anything in special, so that makes me think that i can USE IT ANYWHERE

erm, i am the one sorry to say that ur wrong... why? well i tell u why... i would only be punished by law if that spell was COPYRIGHTED, like this site is, look at the bottom...

ohoho? this isnt a question of bravery, and it is wrong to expose my ideas? u know, u had NO REASONS to delete his spells, even in the rules it didnt stand there that u couldnt edit another spell the way he did

man, now that actually made me LAUGH... why? heck,u just edit the rules to shut me up? i am sorry to say, but i have to agree with Ex-Angel, that atitude was low...

what the hell? i didnt mean to offend anyone, but this is tottaly childish (I REPEAT, I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND)

uhm, anti mod situation? no, i have nothing against u, "my friend". and anyone who wants "respect" must EARN IT, and since u deleted the spells without REASON, i think ur the one who is not paying respect to others... but in one thing ur right, ur here to HELP the site

ahahaha, and hahaha again... i am FORCED to say, ur just abusing ur power as moderator...

okay okay, since VEX and you, daelin, are so good at spell making, and since u earn all the DC u gave to each other, i will apologie, happy? lets just forget this situation and focus on North Star spells, thats why i created this topic

P.S. end of discussion? i think this topic is far from the end, and if u just simpy close this, it will show just how prepotent u are

14. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I had one spell before that got deleted by vexorian. He says that my spell look like a pack of model that created by another person (oinkerwinkle and Mc !). Vex, said to ask the creator if i want to submit my spell again.

Well, I know my spell not good either, even though i don't want to submit it again, still i try to ask permission to both of those artists.

And they answered,

"Of course you can use it as long as you give me credit, that's why i submit my model to the public."
    (this is not the exact word).

Anyway, I dislike the rule that says spellmaker should get permission not just giving credit. Assume that i wanna use some buffs/effects model for my spell. So i must contact the author, right?. Well, I got the replies from those two modelers at least two weeks. I consider that they doesn't logged in to this site really often.

So, what must i (or any spellmaker) do, if i want to submit my spell that use another effect model that created by another guy and we really don't know each other really close? And those artists rarely logged in to this site (like Cookie, oinkerwinkle, Mc !)? PM him? It takes too long, since he rarely logged in to this site.

Anyway, i don't like either if there are a crap spell using a bunch of good models, so it look like a model pack.

Of course they really got some nerve. Seriously, I salute both of you. *salute*

Ehm, Daelin, it doesn't matter to whom they stand against. The matter is, does their opinion is good or not. We must use objective point of view not just subjective thinking. :wink:

15. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok N£cr0m@nc£r, what did I do this time? You keep complaining that I deleted the spell. Oh well, I did not. Vexorian did and you said it before as well! So stop blaming me for the pack being deleted!

Okay, and close this topic? I never said I would do that... DarkShadow, Veggie and Oz02 are the only ones who can do that in this section.

And Leopard, you've got a point though... Asking permission may even be impossible if the users no longer exist (will never check the site). However, I still don't agree with taking stuff from someone else, just edit it a little and post it on the site. If you take it for your own map that's fine, but don't submit it.

It's true that I also inspired from Vexorian's spells, but just for tiny scripts. As an example, I got from Vexorian how to pick up the units of a group one by one.

And obviously, there is no way a rule can please anyone. Rules are around here to make things good. They can always be improved. And Northstar should be happy that Vexorian didn't warn him, for posting crap. I didn't see him complain that his map was deleted. So, stop defending him unless he needs it.

And obviously you will say: "Why, so that you can warn him?". And my answer is still NO! Vexorian deleted his map, not me. If he breaks any of the forums' rules he will be warned by the mods or super mods of this site, not by me of Vexorian.

~Daelin

16. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Three words Necro

Internet. Copywrite. Law

Technically, what was done IS illegal

Now, the way things work is this

If you want to USE something in a map, or edit it for PRIVATE use, go right ahead, but give credit

If you want to edit someone else's hard work, not only must you give them credit, you must ASK permission from them. You don't like it? Life isn't made to your liking

17. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, I conclude that,

If someone want to USE another one resource (model, skin, icon, sound, or anything) on his worthy map (note that this could be playable map or spell map), the map author MUST give credit to the resource author, WITH or WITHOUT any permission before.

If someone want to EDIT another one resource (model, skin, icon, sound, or anything) and submit it to public (note that include those EDITED resource to a map which is submitted to public can be considered as submit the EDITED resource to public), the resource editor MUST give credit to original author AND get permission from original author.

Is it right? (This is just to make all the things clear)

18. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    exactly what i think... who ever submits anything to the public already know that his things may be edited and used by any other person, if they dont want it to be edited, then keep em for themselves, like i do to many of the things that i make

ok sorry i didnt mean to blame you and i know that it wasnt u, since u said it in the first post u made in this thread

well u said "That's more than enough! End of discussion!!!",i just though u were closing the whole topic, but since u dont have power to do that sorry again

well, they shouldnt be improved, the rules are the backbone of any site (or SHOULD be in this case)... if the rules were 100% made, there would be no problem and i wasnt posting about it

sorry to say but i dont care if u agree or not, the fact is that he wasnt breaking any rules

NOW LOOK WHO IS DEFENDING WHO! if ur so innocent as u say, then why doesnt the one who deleted the spell pack (vexorian) come and defend himself? is he a man or a rat? or maybe his coincience is just too heavy to do it? well northstar doesnt complain that his map got deleted, but i have a friend that had same problem, though it was a bit diferent... but then i saw norhstar spells getting deleted for no reason, and it really pissed me off... i bet this wasnt the only case and i guess u or another mod, deleted many spells that werent breaking any rule at all... why do u do it? do u just like to click the "delete" button? or u just like to see ppl that worked for days on a single spell to get pissed?

heck, I TOTTALY AGREE with that... life isnt made to your liking, so again, why did u delete his spells? because it was breaking any rule u just invented NOW? omg

19. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I find something really curious. You quote the last part of Mecheon's post, and ignore all the rest of it? That's really... curious. If you had read what Mecheon said, there would be no reason to continue this conversation. Law-breaking = Should be insta-ban!

Also, rules can be updated from time to time, and anyway it's not like the rule-makers can think of all the things that they would find to add in their rules and add them all in. Wait, let me rephrase that. Rule-makers are not omnipotent, sometimes they MISS things out, you know?

Let me just summarize it simply. The world is ever-changing. Everyone finds new ways to do new things. Not everyone can anticipate what is to come, so why do you expect them to?

And anyway, don't question mods. Moderators usually have reasons behind what they do. And when people are made mods, it shows that they are trusted by the higher-ups. That means they have integrity, and you should believe that what they do is usually correct. If you have a problem with a moderator, perhaps you should bring it to the attention of the higher-ups?

Meep. Rules are stupid, and made to be broken. That's the note I end on, and I bet that 50% of the world's population will find my post illegible and impossible to perceive. ^_^

20. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Look, rulemakers can never think of EVERY single fecking situation that might happan when designing rules, hence why there are presently no rules for models. But there actually ARE rules for it, which I enforce very much so

And if people submit stuff to the public, they can accept that it will be used, I can give you that. But changed? Nope. There are many cases of this, which one could easily find just by looking around

And Leopard hit the nail on the head and drove it down enough to make a board with a nail in it

And I didn't delete his spells. I simple am feeling that I have to defend. I don't know if Vex even checks this forum anyway

And no, we don't like to see people who work their asses off on things get pissed off. Why else do you think that I for instance aren't a hard-ass deleter? We want to allow people to show off their efforts, and delete ones that are either REALLY inadequate, or broke a rule. What do I mean by really inadequate? I mean HORRIBLY, doesn't work ingame and other such. And by rule breaking, I refer to things such as pornography, taking someone else's things without permission, which I might add is STEALING, or other such things

Oh, and I think those spell rules haven't been touched ever since the creation of the website, so they are horribly out of date

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.