• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northstar's Psychic Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well, lets get to the point... why did u delete northstar's psychic spells?

first thing i want to speak about... you say the spells were violating the rules?

Modified versions of spells already submitted on this site, provided that the original author has consented to this.

well, daelin, u said u doubt if northstar asked asksword consent to edit the spell? well, then i guess u didnt even test asksword's nova because he said this "If any of these spells are edited or used, u must give me credit." in the loading screen! And northstar actually gave full credits to everyone, be it asksword, or any maker of his hero's spell icons.
u also said u would give northstar 48 hours (if i am not mistaken) to delete his spells or u would delete them by urself... uhm, i see that u didnt even honor your word, since the whole spells were delete in less then 24 hours!

Also, this have nothing to do with Northstar's spells, but isnt it a bit too much coincidence a moderator giving DC to another moderator?

P.S. i dont mean to flame any moderator and i also hope that my post doesnt get deleted

Level 11
N£cr0m@nc£r said:
u also said u would give northstar 48 hours (if i am not mistaken) to delete his spells or u would delete them by urself... uhm, i see that u didnt even honor your word, since the whole spells were delete in less then 24 hours!

That was a little misunderstanding between me and Vex I guess. Check Vexorian's post once again.

N£cr0m@nc£r said:
Also, this have nothing to do with Northstar's spells, but isnt it a bit too much coincidence a moderator giving DC to another moderator?

A moderator giving DC to another moderator? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? Vexorian gave DC to only one of my spells. And btw, who else is supposed to give us DC if our spells are good? Yes, I gave Vexorian DC to three spells because they are really good. Now look who's jealous.

And referring to this, Vexorian mentioned a lot of times that he doesn't care for DC. Hehe, well, I think DC is a really nice thing which prooves that the spell is good, and so, I do care about it. But even if one of us cares, and another doesn't (for his own spells), we do our job and give DC to the BEST spells around here. Understood?

And well, the spells weren't deleted only because he "probably" didn't ask for Arksword's consent. Actually, Vexorian had a better reason: why would you post a spell on the site once again? It's just like taking an icon of another user, recoloring it, and resubmitting it. That's simply useless. So if you didn't get that matter by now, I think you should reconsider the situation.

~Daelin

Level 25
The last person who called a moderator "Jealous" was a stupid spamming asshole who probably is presently getting his internet connection taken away from him

And giving credit is a different thing from asking permission

Oh, and owned by Daelin kthx don't embarass yourselves any further 1 post alt

Level 13
It's just a fact that most of the mods are very experienced in modding, be it skinning, terraining, triggering or else. DC was invented so other users don't have to browse all files and test them to find the good ones. Experienced people create resources with high quality, so it's no wonder that many mod-submissions get a DC. And till now, none of the mods did give a DC to himself, it was always another mod.

Level 3
And giving credit is a different thing from asking permission

in this case it isnt... go to http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=528&sid=c2eef7b48b911ab2d009d6d147070a64 and download the map by arksword, and READ THE LOADING SCREEN... in other words, arksword ALREADY CONSENTED WHEN HE WROTE "If any of these spells are edited or used, u must give me credit.", got it now?

The last person who called a moderator "Jealous" was a stupid spamming asshole who probably is presently getting his internet connection taken away from him

you just threat Ex-Angel (and maybe me) just because he calls vex jealous? for chirst sake... so if i call vex jealous (for example) i will get my internet connection to wc3search taken away? in my opinion, u are just abusing ur power as moderator by threatning someone

And well, the spells weren't deleted only because he "probably" didn't ask for Arksword's consent. Actually, Vexorian had a better reason: why would you post a spell on the site once again? It's just like taking an icon of another user, recoloring it, and resubmitting it. That's simply useless. So if you didn't get that matter by now, I think you should reconsider the situation.

well, let me tell u one thing... here http://www.wc3sear.ch/rules.php#10 i have read the following...

Spell Submissions
Accepted

Spells made using ideas from other games.
Spells whose ideas have already been posted on the site.
Modified versions of spells already submitted on this site, provided that the original author has consented to this.

heck, i know my english isnt good, but still i understood what that means... Northstar new version of arksword's nova is a modified version right? u said "It's just like taking an icon of another user, recoloring it, and resubmitting it.", well that isnt breaking any rule either if u check the rules page again it stands...

Icon Submissions
Not Accepted

These following types of icons are not allowed.
Icons that dont have a DISBTN(disabled version)
Copy and Paste from cartoons or movies
Copy and Paste from real life pictures
Crappy paint attempts
Icons without the metal border
Poorly shaded icons
Really stupid icons
Poorly recolored
Already existent WAR3 icons
Must have an correct looking DISBTN
No ingame screenshots
CnP's must be really good looking

IT DOES NOT say that u cannot copy and recolor any existing icon... so, let me say this, i think some moderators arent following the rules exactly as they should

Level 6

you just threat Ex-Angel (and maybe me) just because he calls vex jealous? for chirst sake... so if i call vex jealous (for example) i will get my internet connection to wc3search taken away? in my opinion, u are just abusing ur power as moderator by threatning someone

Actually, I think he was talking about hippo...

Level 25
I was talking about Hippo. I was saying that saying that a mod is jealous is really, really, REALLY FECKING STUPID cause it is so untrue it makes Baby Jesus cry. We're not jealous of you. Infact, the only people I'm jealous of are people who can make awesome Flash animations

And actually, it is different. He doesn't say "I give you permission to edit these spells and then post the edited versions back on WC3Search", he says edit. That basically, to me, means he gives you permission to, if you use the spell, to edit it ingame by changing artwork, damage delt and all that sort of thing

And that spell thing interests me. It seems like someone screwed up with writing the rules. We REALLY need to get those updated

Yaknow, you could SO just avoided all of this if you actually decided to NOT be a dumbass and ASK for permission rather than guessing you had permission, cause you didn't, and if this was some serious law thing then you could actually be sued for not asking for consent I'm sorry to say

And the copy and recolour is sort of used in the "Poorly Recoloured" section

Oh, and the only moderator who ever DC'd his own stuff was Rightfield, and he's gone

Level 7
By saying that people must give you credit for your work if they use or edit it, they means if they edit it and uses it in their own map, it's not about releasing them to the public.

@Ex-AnGel: Oh, shut your mouth. Try to take a look at Vexorian's spells.. I've never seen anything that was just half as advanced to make, an of such a high quality (I'm only talking about spells.) Vexorian is way better than the rest all spellmakers, so why should he be jealus? Give me one, just one, reason for doing that.

And why shouldn't Vexorian and Daelin have DCs when they make something of high quality? Like already pointed out, DC is a way to search for high quality objects only, and of course those searches should find the best resources, without taking care of whoever made them.

Level 11
Ohohohoho... you are really brave N£cr0m@nc£r. Stand against 3 moderators, and two other users? Wow, you must really have some nerve. Ok, let's get this straight:

I UPDATED the rules in the spells section. Just because Oz02 didn't updated them (and I'm not blaming him for that, you are responsible to read both the rules posted at the top of the page and the ones inside the topic) doesn't mean I didn't add some. Oh and btw Mecheon, suggestions are welcome.

And now my little friend, getting back to the rules, I quote:

Hmm, modified versions... well well, now, it depends on how much it was modified. Maybe I should update that indeed (and so shall I), because just changing the art is not enough. Rules will be updated!

Oh, and as for icons, that "poorly recolored" indeed... I guess the rules will be severly updated after this tiny incident. I'll tell Veggie about it (if he didn't already see this thread), no worries.

Oh owned once again, harder, this time by Blade.dk2. Nice job Blade ;).

And since when did this little anti-mod situation come around? It was a time when mods were respected, now all you do is watch for every mistake we do, so that you can say "ha ha, you finally screwed it up". This is prepostorous. We are here to help the site, not cause chaos. So take it the right way, ok?

~Daelin

Level 8
Re

@Ex-AnGel: Oh, shut your mouth. Try to take a look at Vexorian's spells.. I've never seen anything that was just half as advanced to make, an of such a high quality (I'm only talking about spells.) Vexorian is way better than the rest all spellmakers, so why should he be jealus? Give me one, just one, reason for doing that.

Why should i tell it to u? Whats ur point of asking this? And so, i'm not asking u i'm asking vex. Also "Vexorian is way better than the rest all spellmakers". 'Ahum' All ppl here have created beautiful spells, without the knowledge of it, vex wasn't able to create also some 'nice' spells.

Ohohohoho... you are really brave N£cr0m@nc£r. Stand against 3 moderators, and two other users? Wow, you must really have some nerve. Ok, let's get this straight:

Why shouldn't he may adding comments? And he doesn't stand alone, so what? I guess this part of the forum is for this.

UPDATED the rules in the spells section. Just because Oz02 didn't updated them (and I'm not blaming him for that, you are responsible to read both the rules posted at the top of the page and the ones inside the topic) doesn't mean I didn't add some. Oh and btw Mecheon, suggestions are welcome.

So LOL? about a 1000+ ppl already readed the spell section i guess. And now, because this conversation u updated them? Yeah right, good excuse. Sorry that i gotta say this, but this is LOW! As a moderator u gotta control the site, include the rules that were standing there already VERY long, and i bet u guys readed them also for a thousand times. In my eyes, u just changed the rules to ur advantage.

Level 11
Actually I didn't update them yet, and moreover, I could've done it without mentioning here, eh? I've just said it here, to prove you that I've got nothing to hide.

If Vexorian decided to delete the pack, so shall it be! He is the moderator around here, and not you. Juding Vexorian, the best spellmaker around wc3sear.ch is what I call LOW! If he deleted the spell, he had a really good reason! He didn't even have to explain his actions to you, but he did! That's more than enough! End of discussion!!!

~Daelin

Level 3
And actually, it is different. He doesn't say "I give you permission to edit these spells and then post the edited versions back on WC3Search", he says edit. That basically, to me, means he gives you permission to, if you use the spell, to edit it ingame by changing artwork, damage delt and all that sort of thing

well, he didnt make it clear, and he didnt specify anything in special, so that makes me think that i can USE IT ANYWHERE

Yaknow, you could SO just avoided all of this if you actually decided to NOT be a dumbass and ASK for permission rather than guessing you had permission, cause you didn't, and if this was some serious law thing then you could actually be sued for not asking for consent I'm sorry to say

erm, i am the one sorry to say that ur wrong... why? well i tell u why... i would only be punished by law if that spell was COPYRIGHTED, like this site is, look at the bottom...

ohoho? this isnt a question of bravery, and it is wrong to expose my ideas? u know, u had NO REASONS to delete his spells, even in the rules it didnt stand there that u couldnt edit another spell the way he did

Rules will be updated!

man, now that actually made me LAUGH... why? heck,u just edit the rules to shut me up? i am sorry to say, but i have to agree with Ex-Angel, that atitude was low...

Oh owned once again, harder, this time by Blade.dk2. Nice job Blade

what the hell? i didnt mean to offend anyone, but this is tottaly childish (I REPEAT, I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND)

And since when did this little anti-mod situation come around? It was a time when mods were respected, now all you do is watch for every mistake we do, so that you can say "ha ha, you finally screwed it up". This is prepostorous. We are here to help the site, not cause chaos. So take it the right way, ok?

uhm, anti mod situation? no, i have nothing against u, "my friend". and anyone who wants "respect" must EARN IT, and since u deleted the spells without REASON, i think ur the one who is not paying respect to others... but in one thing ur right, ur here to HELP the site

If Vexorian decided to delete the pack, so shall it be! He is the moderator around here, and not you.

ahahaha, and hahaha again... i am FORCED to say, ur just abusing ur power as moderator...

okay okay, since VEX and you, daelin, are so good at spell making, and since u earn all the DC u gave to each other, i will apologie, happy? lets just forget this situation and focus on North Star spells, thats why i created this topic

P.S. end of discussion? i think this topic is far from the end, and if u just simpy close this, it will show just how prepotent u are

Level 13
I had one spell before that got deleted by vexorian. He says that my spell look like a pack of model that created by another person (oinkerwinkle and Mc !). Vex, said to ask the creator if i want to submit my spell again.

Well, I know my spell not good either, even though i don't want to submit it again, still i try to ask permission to both of those artists.

And they answered,

"Of course you can use it as long as you give me credit, that's why i submit my model to the public."
(this is not the exact word).

Anyway, I dislike the rule that says spellmaker should get permission not just giving credit. Assume that i wanna use some buffs/effects model for my spell. So i must contact the author, right?. Well, I got the replies from those two modelers at least two weeks. I consider that they doesn't logged in to this site really often.

So, what must i (or any spellmaker) do, if i want to submit my spell that use another effect model that created by another guy and we really don't know each other really close? And those artists rarely logged in to this site (like Cookie, oinkerwinkle, Mc !)? PM him? It takes too long, since he rarely logged in to this site.

Anyway, i don't like either if there are a crap spell using a bunch of good models, so it look like a model pack.

Stand against 3 moderators, and two other users? Wow, you must really have some nerve.

Of course they really got some nerve. Seriously, I salute both of you. *salute*

Ehm, Daelin, it doesn't matter to whom they stand against. The matter is, does their opinion is good or not. We must use objective point of view not just subjective thinking. :wink:

Level 11
Ok N£cr0m@nc£r, what did I do this time? You keep complaining that I deleted the spell. Oh well, I did not. Vexorian did and you said it before as well! So stop blaming me for the pack being deleted!

Okay, and close this topic? I never said I would do that... DarkShadow, Veggie and Oz02 are the only ones who can do that in this section.

And Leopard, you've got a point though... Asking permission may even be impossible if the users no longer exist (will never check the site). However, I still don't agree with taking stuff from someone else, just edit it a little and post it on the site. If you take it for your own map that's fine, but don't submit it.

It's true that I also inspired from Vexorian's spells, but just for tiny scripts. As an example, I got from Vexorian how to pick up the units of a group one by one.

And obviously, there is no way a rule can please anyone. Rules are around here to make things good. They can always be improved. And Northstar should be happy that Vexorian didn't warn him, for posting crap. I didn't see him complain that his map was deleted. So, stop defending him unless he needs it.

And obviously you will say: "Why, so that you can warn him?". And my answer is still NO! Vexorian deleted his map, not me. If he breaks any of the forums' rules he will be warned by the mods or super mods of this site, not by me of Vexorian.

~Daelin

Level 25
Three words Necro

Internet. Copywrite. Law

Technically, what was done IS illegal

Now, the way things work is this

If you want to USE something in a map, or edit it for PRIVATE use, go right ahead, but give credit

If you want to edit someone else's hard work, not only must you give them credit, you must ASK permission from them. You don't like it? Life isn't made to your liking

Level 13
Ok, I conclude that,

If someone want to USE another one resource (model, skin, icon, sound, or anything) on his worthy map (note that this could be playable map or spell map), the map author MUST give credit to the resource author, WITH or WITHOUT any permission before.

If someone want to EDIT another one resource (model, skin, icon, sound, or anything) and submit it to public (note that include those EDITED resource to a map which is submitted to public can be considered as submit the EDITED resource to public), the resource editor MUST give credit to original author AND get permission from original author.

Is it right? (This is just to make all the things clear)

Level 3
"Of course you can use it as long as you give me credit, that's why i submit my model to the public."

exactly what i think... who ever submits anything to the public already know that his things may be edited and used by any other person, if they dont want it to be edited, then keep em for themselves, like i do to many of the things that i make

Ok N£cr0m@nc£r, what did I do this time? You keep complaining that I deleted the spell. Oh well, I did not. Vexorian did and you said it before as well! So stop blaming me for the pack being deleted!

ok sorry i didnt mean to blame you and i know that it wasnt u, since u said it in the first post u made in this thread

Okay, and close this topic? I never said I would do that... DarkShadow, Veggie and Oz02 are the only ones who can do that in this section.

well u said "That's more than enough! End of discussion!!!",i just though u were closing the whole topic, but since u dont have power to do that sorry again

And obviously, there is no way a rule can please anyone. Rules are around here to make things good. They can always be improved.

well, they shouldnt be improved, the rules are the backbone of any site (or SHOULD be in this case)... if the rules were 100% made, there would be no problem and i wasnt posting about it

However, I still don't agree with taking stuff from someone else, just edit it a little and post it on the site. If you take it for your own map that's fine, but don't submit it.

sorry to say but i dont care if u agree or not, the fact is that he wasnt breaking any rules

Northstar should be happy that Vexorian didn't warn him, for posting crap. I didn't see him complain that his map was deleted. So, stop defending him unless he needs it.

NOW LOOK WHO IS DEFENDING WHO! if ur so innocent as u say, then why doesnt the one who deleted the spell pack (vexorian) come and defend himself? is he a man or a rat? or maybe his coincience is just too heavy to do it? well northstar doesnt complain that his map got deleted, but i have a friend that had same problem, though it was a bit diferent... but then i saw norhstar spells getting deleted for no reason, and it really pissed me off... i bet this wasnt the only case and i guess u or another mod, deleted many spells that werent breaking any rule at all... why do u do it? do u just like to click the "delete" button? or u just like to see ppl that worked for days on a single spell to get pissed?

You don't like it? Life isn't made to your liking

heck, I TOTTALY AGREE with that... life isnt made to your liking, so again, why did u delete his spells? because it was breaking any rule u just invented NOW? omg

Level 6
I find something really curious. You quote the last part of Mecheon's post, and ignore all the rest of it? That's really... curious. If you had read what Mecheon said, there would be no reason to continue this conversation. Law-breaking = Should be insta-ban!

Also, rules can be updated from time to time, and anyway it's not like the rule-makers can think of all the things that they would find to add in their rules and add them all in. Wait, let me rephrase that. Rule-makers are not omnipotent, sometimes they MISS things out, you know?

Let me just summarize it simply. The world is ever-changing. Everyone finds new ways to do new things. Not everyone can anticipate what is to come, so why do you expect them to?

And anyway, don't question mods. Moderators usually have reasons behind what they do. And when people are made mods, it shows that they are trusted by the higher-ups. That means they have integrity, and you should believe that what they do is usually correct. If you have a problem with a moderator, perhaps you should bring it to the attention of the higher-ups?

Meep. Rules are stupid, and made to be broken. That's the note I end on, and I bet that 50% of the world's population will find my post illegible and impossible to perceive. ^_^

Level 25
Look, rulemakers can never think of EVERY single fecking situation that might happan when designing rules, hence why there are presently no rules for models. But there actually ARE rules for it, which I enforce very much so

And if people submit stuff to the public, they can accept that it will be used, I can give you that. But changed? Nope. There are many cases of this, which one could easily find just by looking around

And Leopard hit the nail on the head and drove it down enough to make a board with a nail in it

And I didn't delete his spells. I simple am feeling that I have to defend. I don't know if Vex even checks this forum anyway

And no, we don't like to see people who work their asses off on things get pissed off. Why else do you think that I for instance aren't a hard-ass deleter? We want to allow people to show off their efforts, and delete ones that are either REALLY inadequate, or broke a rule. What do I mean by really inadequate? I mean HORRIBLY, doesn't work ingame and other such. And by rule breaking, I refer to things such as pornography, taking someone else's things without permission, which I might add is STEALING, or other such things

Oh, and I think those spell rules haven't been touched ever since the creation of the website, so they are horribly out of date

Level 17
Mecheon said:
And if people submit stuff to the public, they can accept that it will be used, I can give you that. But changed? Nope. There are many cases of this, which one could easily find just by looking around

I wish it was true. When someone submit something here he know that it will be used in its present and\or any edited form. Why? Simply because no one has the power to avoid it. If you are aware of it but you don't want your stuff to be edited, you shouldn't have submitted it on the first place.
Hey, the very exsistence of this site is based on the editing of copywrited material.

Anyway, sorry, but i doubt you can find someone more skilled than Vexorian when it comes to spellmaking. Don't see who he should be jealous of. If he deleted something because it was too similar to an existent resource, i guess he had all the right to do so. The rules are based on common sense, no?

Now, said that... stop trolling please. These guys had a concern, and they had all the right to ask for an answer. If you can't bear it, that's your own problem. Insulting don't help anyone. Last time i checked users were still allowed to discuss with the staff. If not, why the fuck you keep a site discussion forum up for?

Level 3
find something really curious. You quote the last part of Mecheon's post, and ignore all the rest of it? That's really... curious. If you had read what Mecheon said, there would be no reason to continue this conversation. Law-breaking = Should be insta-ban!

ahem... well i will repeat this for the 3rd time...
1º arksword gave permission to everyone by writing what he wrote in the loading screen... please check it out by yourself...
2º north star gave full credits to EVERYONE
3º i guess no one is a lawyer here, but still i contacted some webmasters that are friends of mine and guess what they ALL said? if u steal something that is COPYRIGHTED that is a crime, but if it isnt COPYRIGHTED it isnt
4º oh yea i will point this out as well, since we are all wc3 players after all, right? do everyone ever heard of dota? if u didnt know, dota was made by eul, and when TFT came out, some fool decided to edit it... did he ask eul's consent? NO... did he gave credits to eul? heck, NO... did he get punished by law by doing so? NO... dota is just one out of many, so that u know it, but this has none with this damn conversation

Let me just summarize it simply. The world is ever-changing.

yes, i have to agree with that, even if i dont like it a bit... why it is ever changing? well... there was a time when mods RESPECTED the members, honored their words, and didnt simply delete something for their own pleasure (i dont say any name in special, so it will just HURT the ones that are doing it)

That means they have integrity, and you should believe that what they do is usually correct.

i should think what they do is correct? man i aint any "sheep, baaaah" that just follows its shepherd, and heck, it seems that i have to repeat things thousands of times, BUT CHECK THE RULES PAGE, things some mods are doing is INcorrect

Look, rulemakers can never think of EVERY single fecking situation that might happan when designing rules, hence why there are presently no rules for models. But there actually ARE rules for it, which I enforce very much so

then how can i know what i can post or not in the site if there are no rules for em?

I mean HORRIBLY, doesn't work ingame and other such. And by rule breaking, I refer to things such as pornography, taking someone else's things without permission, which I might add is STEALING, or other such things

now comes the good part... horribly, no, what my friend made actually was cool... it wasnt made by a pro like daelin or vex (aha), but still it was cool... now u want to speak about STEALING? well first, i already pointed out dota, and i want to point out one more famous map... DBZ tribute... i guess ppl already played this one too... but i do remember that the ORIGINAL maker of this map in his final version said something like this in the loading screen "i am opening the map so that other ppl can edit it"... well, he didnt SAID U COULD SUBMIT IT IN WC3SEARCH, and what? the one who edited the map, submited it here... u deleted it? NO... why? why i ask u? northstar did the same in his spell pack, and his spells got deleted... the rules APPLIES for everyone? it doesnt seem so...

Level 8
So, i have something to add.
Why don't u delete Dota Allstars, if u can delete North Star's spell?
Like necro said: Dota's original creator is eul, but another 'dumbass' took it away and edited it.
'dumbass'? Yes dumbass!
U all know good enough that the creator(the one who edited dota) took kinda 'ALL' spells of this site.
Including some skins and models. WITHOUT giving EVERY author he's credits. I checked the game information,
Since version 6.00 he gave SOME credits, but surely not enough.
'credits go to http://www.wc3sear.ch/'
Or was it 'some'?
I can find all spells in dota from this site.
So this time i'm right :
Dota has spells/skins/models/icons from this site.
Of mostly all spells are credits asked, result: No one gets their name in dota!
As the true, he stolen : dota's map/spells/skins/models/icons.
U all know it good enough, u guys do nothing on this, but deleting a simple spellmap is easy for u ? Come on, this is unreal.

Level 12
Hahaha. This is so lame.

Hello, I made a thread in the spells section about this, Northstar is able to upload his spell map as long as it doesn't include arksword's spell.

I actually gabe northstar the chance to delete that spell from his map, he even read the warning and intentionally didn't listen, so I deleted it, and you see? Because of this precedent I will delete any map that steals spells from other people DIRECTLY WITHOUT A WARNING, just to prevent lame trolling like the one my warning has caused.

well, lets get to the point... why did u delete northstar's psychic spells?

first thing i want to speak about... you say the spells were violating the rules?

As a matter of fact yes. Rule #0 a rule made by Darky27: If I don't think it is right to have a spell in the spell section I will delete it; If I like a spell I will give it DC.

well, daelin, u said u doubt if northstar asked asksword consent to edit the spell? well, then i guess u didnt even test asksword's nova because he said this "If any of these spells are edited or used, u must give me credit." in the loading screen! And northstar actually gave full credits to everyone, be it asksword, or any maker of his hero's spell icons.

1) I don't care.
2) Arkswords map doesn't specify that what he is asking is valid for maps uploaded to spell section, as a matter of fact It is obvious he is saying so for playable maps.

P.S. i dont mean to flame any moderator and i also hope that my post doesnt get deleted

As a matter of fact I don't really care about director's choice, if it makes you guys so uncomfortable I will remove my DC spells.

So thats right.
And tell me, why didn't i get my comments?
Come on, u guys are moderators for something, or not?
And i'm sure u was jealous, vexorian.
Some reaction now then? = ThX!

Yeah I was jealous so I deleted that spell, It wasn't because of spell stealing it was because I was jealous.

Anyways if any of you has a problem with my moderation please complain to Darky29 or VGSatomi directly instead of making a show.

I consider usage of ANY resource made by someone else without EXPLICIT permission for USAGE on A SPELL SECTION map thievery, and from now I will delete stuff directly without a warning cause warnings seem to cause more problems than fixing them.

So, i have something to add.
Why don't u delete Dota Allstars, if u can delete North Star's spell?
Like necro said: Dota's original creator is eul, but another 'dumbass' took it away and edited it.
'dumbass'? Yes dumbass!

I don't moderate the maps section.

had one spell before that got deleted by vexorian. He says that my spell look like a pack of model that created by another person (oinkerwinkle and Mc !). Vex, said to ask the creator if i want to submit my spell again.

Well, I know my spell not good either, even though i don't want to submit it again, still i try to ask permission to both of those artists.

And they answered,

(this is not the exact word).
By the time you uploaded the map you didn't have permission to upload them, I know that because I asked Mc! , your map also had tons of models from thehubb for no reason.

Anyway, I dislike the rule that says spellmaker should get permission not just giving credit.

Don't upload spells then.

Assume that i wanna use some buffs/effects model for my spell.

But you don't have to, in fact it would only make the spell's map grow up.

So i must contact the author, right?. Well, I got the replies from those two modelers at least two weeks. I consider that they doesn't logged in to this site really often.

So, what must i (or any spellmaker) do, if i want to submit my spell that use another effect model that created by another guy and we really don't know each other really close? And those artists rarely logged in to this site (like Cookie, oinkerwinkle, Mc !)? PM him? It takes too long, since he rarely logged in to this site.

Then don't use the Model.

Anyway, i don't like either if there are a crap spell using a bunch of good models, so it look like a model pack.

Quote:
Stand against 3 moderators, and two other users? Wow, you must really have some nerve.

Of course they really got some nerve. Seriously, I salute both of you. *salute*

Ehm, Daelin, it doesn't matter to whom they stand against. The matter is, does their opinion is good or not. We must use objective point of view not just subjective thinking.

---
Anyways I think I have to say this:

---
News Flash:

- Maps uploaded to the spells section are supposed to be about code not anything else.
- You don't really have to include models or someone else's spells in your map, There is No need to do so. In fact even if that wasn't against my rules it would still be LAME, seriously LAME.

- In Fact your spell map should have good coding NOTHING ELSE, everything else is an addition, unless you really want something new and you have explicit permission from the author to use it on an OPEN SOURCE MAP THAT IS GOING TO BE UPLOADED TO WC3SEARCH's SPELL SECTION.

Cause on every single report no one seems to be specifying that they asked to use the model for the spell section but just said for "my map". Of course any model fellow would want you to use the model on "your map". But that's not the same about an OPEN SOURCE MAP anyone can download.

Instead of single usage it is redistribution. Modellers may like to give usage permission but not distribution permission.

---
The End:
Things that people don't seem to be nothing:
- Northstar has all the right to upload the map again as long as it doesn't have Arksword's spell (DOES it really HAVE to have that spell?)

In fact as jealous as I am of Northstar, he was always able to reupload the other spells. (By the way was the 500KB worth of models and skins of that map made by him?)

- Leopard also had the permission to upload the map without that bunch of unit models that were included for no reason at all (by the way Mc! directly asked me to delete that map that time)

- You can post, flood whatever, the method I use to decide when to delete will not change untill this site dies or I am removed from moderator status.

Edit: since they offended people, I deleted my 2 spell maps that were on DC, they will not come back to this site, I promise.

Level 3
Hahaha. This is so lame.

explain to me what do u think "lame" actually means... 1º i have seen some mod saying that construtive criticism was accept
2º i have seen daelin saying he wanted more ppl to watch the rules before posting, so what have i been doing? wasnt that what u wanted?

As a matter of fact yes. Rule #0 a rule made by Darky27: If I don't think it is right to have a spell in the spell section I will delete it; If I like a spell I will give it DC.

ahaha, now u said everything i wanted to hear (or maybe not), i though u gave DC only to the BEST spells and not to the spells that u liked also and where is that rule u mentioned? sorry if i am blind or too stupid but i didnt see it anywhere

As a matter of fact I don't really care about director's choice, if it makes you guys so uncomfortable I will remove my DC spells.

now i start understand how u mods feel when u say that u have to repeat the same things thousands of times... i have just said "sorry for this" and still u want to continue speaking about it?

Of course they really got some nerve. Seriously, I salute both of you.

oh yea, i have seen too many ppl already saying "i had some nerve", no, all i want to know is why the rules arent being applied to everyone... if north star just made some slight editing on asksword's spell and didnt ask his consent, so did the guys that edited dota all stars and DBZ tribute for example, and their maps didnt get deleted like northstar's spells

Anyways if any of you has a problem with my moderation please complain to Darky29 or VGSatomi directly instead of making a show.

uhm? like nasrudin said "Last time i checked users were still allowed to discuss with the staff. If not, why the **** you keep a site discussion forum up for?"

Yeah I was jealous so I deleted that spell, It wasn't because of spell stealing it was because I was jealous.

man i really love sarcasm, really, i do! oh yea, i just checked ur edited post, there was no need to remove ur spells that had DC for christ sake, now everyone will just think i am the bad guy around here, taking the candy from kids

I don't moderate the maps section.

jop just noticed that the ones who moderate em is VGsatomi, panto and darky, and i would really like to know from these mods why the hell arent the rules being applied to everyone

Edit: since they offended people, I deleted my 2 spell maps that were on DC, they will not come back to this site, I promise.

really, i will repeat THIS AGAIN, i said in the start that i didnt mean to offend anyone, and if u or someone got offended, maybe their conscience is hurting?

Level 12
ahaha, now u said everything i wanted to hear (or maybe not), i though u gave DC only to the BEST spells and not to the spells that u liked also and where is that rule u mentioned? sorry if i am blind or too stupid but i didnt see it anywhere

That's what Darky28 explainned to me about what should I do as a spell moderator when he cursed me with that moderator position.

An yes I only give DC to spells I like.

In my opinion I think that the spells I like happen to also be the best. I might be wrong but I am the moderator.

It is kind of hard to believe that a spell I like wasn't the best spell or that I wouldn't like the best spell.

By the way, try understanding what the Term Director's choice means

really, i will repeat THIS AGAIN, i said in the start that i didnt mean to offend anyone, and if u or someone got offended, maybe their conscience is hurting?

It is clear that you didn't want to offend anyone, but It was clear that you were offended by the fact that a moderator gave another moderator DC , so I removed the spells not because I was offended but because they offended you.

explain to me what do u think "lame" actually means... 1º i have seen some mod saying that construtive criticism was accept
2º i have seen daelin saying he wanted more ppl to watch the rules before posting, so what have i been doing? wasnt that what u wanted?

Ok, I will explain:
- Northstar uploads a spell map with a Stolen spell. And some other spells I don't remember.
- I kindly warn him and recommend him to remove that spell so the spell map stays there. I didn't really need to warn him you know? His spell was against the rules, as in "This site doesn't support thieves".

- Northstar reads the message and doesn't give a shit about it, other people come and start spamming there.

- I delete the map because I said I will do so.

- I make a post in the spells forum explaining why I deleted it and what should happen now.

- In fact this time I tried to do the stuff as kindly as possible. I didn't really have to warn or to explain stuff in a post. It seems I wasted my time doing so. My warn only helped some people to insult me, what's wrong with this site? And the announcement in the spell forum seems to has been only read by 2 guys.

- But obviously nothing is easy, 2 guys appear on the site discussion forum to cry about a spell map with a stolen spell being deleted. And you know what? They insult me again!

And that's how I learned to avoid kindness when moderating a spell section, thanks.

That's also the meaning of Lame in my lexicon. In fact I don't even know why I bother to visit this site anymore.

Level 3
"This site doesn't support thieves"

i am not sure about this one... but again why are these maps that i said (dota and dbz tribute) for download? after all, all they did was take the original map, do some modifications and didnt even care about giving full credits to everyone, not saying that they didnt ask the consent of the original map maker to post it in wc3search

- In fact this time I tried to do the stuff as kindly as possible. I didn't really have to warn or to explain stuff in a post. It seems I wasted my time doing so. My warn only helped some people to insult me, what's wrong with this site? And the announcement in the spell forum seems to has been only read by 2 guys.

no, it wasnt only read by 2 guys, actually i read it too... want to know why i didnt reply? simply, because ur moderator there... and guess what, i am AFRAID... if u deleted north star spells without hesitation, then u would do so to my "offensive post" right?

It is clear that you didn't want to offend anyone, but It was clear that you were offended by the fact that a moderator gave another moderator DC , so I removed the spells not because I was offended but because they offended you. - But obviously nothing is easy, 2 guys appear on the site discussion forum to cry about a spell map with a stolen spell being deleted. And you know what? They insult me again!

first u say u didnt feel offended, but then u say i insulted u? secondly, i really dont know who is crying here and i just want to know why the rules arent being applied to everyone. thirdly i though that DC thingy was already cleared, but it doesnt seem so, what the hell must i do so u forgive me about that? must i say sorry again? so be it, "sorry sorry and sorry again". also i wont reply to any post regarding that "thingy"

anyway thx to everyone that replied so far

Level 25
Trust me: Give us half the chance, and we will DELETE that godawful DotA. The only thing that keeps it on the site is that there are worse maps that don't even have triggers. So, despite it being a pathetically imba and crummy map, there are worse

WHY it is so fecking popular I would never know

And trust me, this site doesn't support thieves. I've banned people for stealing models, the same fecking model that even DDGNW has had to ban someone for uploaded. Xaran, the maker of the model, is always displeased that there are so many people uploading his model

Level 22
Technically DotA is open source. However, very soon I'm thinking of adding "original maps only" to the submit criteria...that way, all these clones of other people's works can finally be removed.

One reason I haven't done this yet is because I simply don't know who the original authors to many of the routinely cloned maps are. Eul for Dota and Duke Wintermaul for Maul is about all I know at the moment. I created a topic a while back, listing several frequently-copied maps and asked if anyone know who the original autheros were...but, as expected, I got hardly any responses....
-VGsatomi

Level 13
By the time you uploaded the map you didn't have permission to upload them, I know that because I asked Mc! , your map also had tons of models from thehubb for no reason.
Yeah, that's right and i won't submit those spell anymore.

Cause on every single report no one seems to be specifying that they asked to use the model for the spell section but just said for "my map". Of course any model fellow would want you to use the model on "your map". But that's not the same about an OPEN SOURCE MAP anyone can download.

No, i specify it when i asked them, i'm sure. well, i've deleted those PM. But the one that i'm pretty sure, i tell them about "using models on open source map". Even, i told them that i asked them like this because a moderator (i don't know you by that time) wants me to ask permission.

Then, they answer like i wrote before, once again it's not the exact words, i've already deleted those PM. I'm sure about it.

- Leopard also had the permission to upload the map ...

No, i won't submit it anymore, it's crap. I post here just to let everybody know that i had try to ask permission and that's what i've got.

Edit: This is Oinkerwinkle's replies, the one from Mc! had already deleted.
Yes, go ahead. Putting it in that section pretty much means that anyone is free to put it in a map.

Level 8

This was the first text i pointed my eyes on. And in my eyes this is 'low'. Why low? Well let explain: He just said about giving another DC is a bit too much coincidence. U feel urself so 'guilty' for having DC Spells, that u had to delete them? Jeez man, like i said: in my eyes it likes u want to get other members on ur side, because they liked ur spells. We never asked about 'deleting' , so don't get pissed on us.

In my opinion I think that the spells I like happen to also be the best. I might be wrong but I am the moderator.

'I might be wrong but 'I' am 'the' Moderator.
U are the moderator yeah we know! Our all favorite Moderator! Well okay, maybe not but ur a moderator to balance this site, and not standing cool with powers.

By the way, try understanding what the Term Director's choice means

Director's choise yeah, i know. Spell choosen by moderators. But a moderator giving another moderator a DC is kinda strange. Its like a situation like this:
Moderator Moderator Moderator
------------------------------
Member Member Member ]

{Moderators --> Can give DC to the ones under them}

I guess its this way all have to understand, not?
If i'm right, Members have respect for their moderators, and all spells they create. And if the moderators want to have also a special area like we have, then i suggest create a new one, with MA = Moderator Awarded. Create a vote system, and voila! Hard isn't it?

- Northstar uploads a spell map with a Stolen spell. And some other spells I don't remember.

Lets get to the point, its useless discussing again and again about this. Arksword and all others would receive their credits from their map. No reason for deleting.

Level 3
just one simple question that i wanted to know... if i make a map from SCRAP (not editing an already existing map), and i add skins, spells and icons made by other ppl, i must ask their consent if i want to post it in wc3search and i must give em full credits right?

btw, i have another dilema... i have downloaded some skins loooong time ago... the guys who made the skins deleted them... now, i dont even know to who i must ask consent... what must i do? forget the whole skin?

oh yea, i got exactly 2423 maps in my wc3 download folder, i know it isnt much, but still i can say a couple of maps that are just copies of the original version and that are submited in this site, but what can i do to denounce those "thieves"? i mean, where can i send the map to so that u can believe me and delete it?

Level 22
Here's my own 2 cents on the subject: Credits is by in large a courtesy. We are not going to delete a map just because someone didn't give credits. We will delete, however, if they take credit for something they didn't make.

There are over 2300 skins on this site...over 2100 models. If someone chooses to use your resource over all those others, that alone should be an honor. I played 3 maps so far made by other people that used my resources...it felt pretty darn good, even though not one of them gave me credits. As long as they don't take credit FOR my work, I have no problem with it. The spells section may be a different case, but with skins and models, there's nothing saying that you have to get permission to use a resource in your map. Once they are posted to the public, they are available and free to the public.

And about DC's....there is NOTHING wrong with a moderator awarding another moderator a DC...just as long as they don't award their own stuff (unbais opinions are required for resource awarding). Mods are to award resources that they feel are above average quality...if that resource happens to be made by another mod, then so be it. I've had two of my own maps awarded by other mods...that was probably because they honestly thought they were good, and not just trying to do me a favor.
-VGsatomi

Rui

Rui

Level 41
if i make a map from SCRAP (not editing an already existing map), and i add skins, spells and icons made by other ppl, i must ask their consent if i want to post it in wc3search and i must give em full credits right?

Not exacly. But it's a matter of respect.

And btw, if Vexorian deleted his spell pact, it's because it was better that way. You people can whine if you want, but that won't change the mods' mind. Like the nerubs say "what's done is done".

-Rui

Level 8
Well, sure okay good, no other questions, all is fine.
So now i just want to ask @ VGsatomi: why the heck did u delete my skin, + giving me no reason? Since it doesn't violated the rules... I worked 1-2 days on it and u just delete it, thats so funny don't u find?
DHBeta.jpg

This is the DH, now tell me why u deleted it, and don't giving replay at my PM meanwhile i ask for a reason.

Level 3
about credit, awhile back there was a big thread on that. you should check it out.

i didnt even bother watching the old threads, after all, replying to a thread that is 2 weeks (or more) old is anoying as it stands in the rules

it felt pretty darn good, even though not one of them gave me credits. As long as they don't take credit FOR my work, I have no problem with it.

sorry if i am stupid but i didnt understand this... if they create a map without giving u credits they are already taking all the credits for themselves

You people can whine if you want, but that won't change the mods' mind.

whine? i could give u a good reason for "whining" but like i said before, i wont speak any further about this issue

And N£cr0m@nc£r, you should start making spells as well... It's much better than only supporting others and makes you feel better.

actually i am making an aos map with a friend of mine, but the map is already too big and my pc is just a 600mhz and it takes AGES to add something

P.S. please can someone update the rules section as soon as possible, or is it just darky that can do it? and once again, thanks to all replies

Level 22
Delete requests. You know what those are? Its a little button that people who think your skin is lousy push in order to highlight it for deletion. A lot of people pushed that little button. Why did so many push that little button? Dunno, probably because they didnt like the fact the skin is mostly recolor and filers...something that surely doesnt take 1-2 days to do. And why are you posting a beta skin? If you want feedback before you declare it a finished work, you are supposed to post it in the skins forum. The download section if for finished works only.

And as for the PM, excuse me If i don't feel like responding to "OMFG WHY DID YOU DELETE MY SKIN!!! ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!"

If you can't be civil, don't even talk to me.
-VGsatomi

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Like someone said before, mods may have lost respect for members, but I think that's because you people lost respect for the mods aswell. Instead of "OMFG WHY DID YOU DELETE MY SKIN!!! ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!" you could have asked it in a good way, instead of that "almost about to flame" way.

whine? i could give u a good reason for "whining" but like i said before, i wont speak any further about this issue

Hell, whine, being too rushy, what else can I say...?

-Rui

Level 2
Hell no, I only have the chance to come here on very rare situations and I end up finding this thread.

Let me get this straight:
- A guy steals a spell.
- Vexorian tells him to delete that spell from his pact.
- The guy doesn't delete the spell.
- Vexoiran deletes it
- 2 guys (Probably they are just the same guy that made the spell pack) come to whine about that.

I don't know where do you find any sense to it, I don't find any sense to this, and I don't know why wasn't this closed.

i am not sure about this one... but again why are these maps that i said (dota and dbz tribute) for download? after all, all they did was take the original map, do some modifications and didnt even care about giving full credits to everyone, not saying that they didnt ask the consent of the original map maker to post it in wc3search

I think Vexorian said that using anything in the spell section is Redistribution instead of just using stuff. He also said that he does not moderate the maps section.

no, it wasnt only read by 2 guys, actually i read it too... want to know why i didnt reply? simply, because ur moderator there... and guess what, i am AFRAID... if u deleted north star spells without hesitation, then u would do so to my "offensive post" right?

I don't see the point on acting as a victim, I don't see why would it be different to respond there from responding here. I think that Vexorian was able to ask people to delete this thread if he wanted to.

first u say u didnt feel offended, but then u say i insulted u?

I think he meant that he didn't feel offended by the Director's choice whinning, but I think he did get offended by people saying he was just jealous. By the way isn't that a retarded argument? Was that map that good that Vexorian would be jeaolous of it? haha, please show me that map so I can opine about this.

Director's choise yeah, i know. Spell choosen by moderators. But a moderator giving another moderator a DC is kinda strange. Its like a situation like this:
Moderator Moderator Moderator
------------------------------
Member Member Member ]

{Moderators --> Can give DC to the ones under them}

I guess its this way all have to understand, not?
If i'm right, Members have respect for their moderators, and all spells they create. And if the moderators want to have also a special area like we have, then i suggest create a new one, with MA = Moderator Awarded. Create a vote system, and voila! Hard isn't it?

I don't get any of your points. You mean that moderators don't have the right to have stuff in DC? That's kind of lame considering that the spell section mods are Vexorian, Daelin and Darky28. I doubt there are any way to prove that their spells aren't the best ones ever.

And also I've seen mods giving DC to other users as well, try checking the DC area of the spell section and you will note that.

Lets get to the point, its useless discussing again and again about this. Arksword and all others would receive their credits from their map. No reason for deleting.

I think you have a really big learning disability. I wouldn't mind for models but WHAT'S THE FRIGGING REASON TO INCLUDE SOMEONE ELSE'S SPELL IN THE SPELL SECTION? What I understand from this is that the other spells weren't that good and the guy was forced to also include a spell made by other person FOR NO REASON.

I don't see the point on doing that, people could just download the other spell from its map.

In fact I think that mods should change the rules agains submitting someone else's spell in a spell pack for no reason. Even if you credit the guy that made it, there is no point to include another guy's spell in your SPELL map, I thought that we were supposed to upload OUR spells there.

Anyways I would want to know what makes you guys expect the rules to be the same for every section. Have you noted that spells are different from maps, for example ?

If a map contains a simple spell anyone would be able to make, it won't get deleted, but if the map is submitted to spells section I think it should be deleted?

Level 11
Conix said:
I don't get any of your points. You mean that moderators don't have the right to have stuff in DC? That's kind of lame considering that the spell section mods are Vexorian, Daelin and Darky28. I doubt there are any way to prove that their spells aren't the best ones ever.

Heh, actually some of my spells are quite lame. I left them, since they were the pride of my past, though they are crap by now. They respect the rules, so that's why I didn't delete them. There are worse spells than those, still on the site. ;) And lately I was involved in some other stuff, and didn't upload any spells (except the Kelani System stuff which was a failure).

And there are other people who post excellent spells, such as Blade.dk.

~Daelin

Level 3
i though we had settled this problem but now some freakin ****** comes in and pisses me off? fine

- 2 guys (Probably they are just the same guy that made the spell pack) come to whine about that.

hahaha this was a DAMN good joke... i bet mods already checked my ip out, and if they didnt, i tell em to check it out now, surely they will see that i am not north star or Ex-Angel by checking and comparing their ips with mine

I don't see the point on acting as a victim, I don't see why would it be different to respond there from responding here. I think that Vexorian was able to ask people to delete this thread if he wanted to.

acting like a victim? u sure are good at making jokes, i didnt loose anything so why should i be acting like a victim, uh? also i have been in other forums and when a damn mod got pissed by something someone said, he would get his posts deleted right away

Was that map that good that Vexorian would be jeaolous of it? haha, please show me that map so I can opine about this.

now u said everything i wanted to hear, haha, if u didnt EVEN waste ur time seeing the DAMN maps, why are u posting? u dont even know what we are speaking about and u still want to post? surely u like to piss ppl

i think you have a really big learning disability. I wouldn't mind for models but WHAT'S THE FRIGGING REASON TO INCLUDE SOMEONE ELSE'S SPELL IN THE SPELL SECTION? What I understand from this is that the other spells weren't that good and the guy was forced to also include a spell made by other person FOR NO REASON

again u didnt even care about watching the map and u still speak about it? just shut up if u dont know what ur speaking about

Anyways I would want to know what makes you guys expect the rules to be the same for every section. Have you noted that spells are different from maps, for example ?

i tell u what... vex just said that ppl who imports crap into their maps need to ask the maker's consent IF THEY WANT TO SUBMIT IN WC3SEARCH

EDITED: just saw daelin saying the following in another topic, happy now? need anything else? no? then ****
So yeah, I think this stealing rule applies to ALL the sections.

P.S. i would be glad if someone want to post about this, MUST BE FULLY AWARE OF THE SITUATION, not just post crappy arguments[/quote]

Level 7
Vexorian Said
Imported files are allowed - As long as:

- The file was made by Vexorian (I give permission to use my models in Wc3sear.ch's spell section)

or

- You have an Explicit permission from the model author to DISTRIBUTE IT ON THE WC3SEARCH's MAP SECTION.

or

- The resource was made by blizzard

Otherwise I will delete spell maps that have imported files from other people.

---

If a spell map has a SPELL MADE BY SOMEONE ELSE, I will delete it. I don't care what the situation is, It will be deleted.

If a spell map has a piece of JASS code (functions / systems) It is valid as long as:
- You give credit to the functions/system author.

This was Vexorian's post in a post about Northstar's spells. Daelin followed by agreeing and saying it would be a rule. This is the real issue not some stupid argument Necro. This basically says that any map containing resources that were used without permission of the author will be deleted. Now I don't know about anyone else but I think that this is a stupid rule. If it is inforced just know that I for one will totally disregard it and I hope that others will do so as well. Spells in a spell map I can understand you not letting people put in their spell maps but icons/skins/models/systems just makes no sense at all. If Vex really thinks this way then I say he can take himself and his powertrip somewhere else.

[/i]

Level 11
Ok, let's take it this way: You have the model on the site. Changing the special effects or icons is simple. Some might say that they don't have an idea about how to add new ones.

Well, it might be the same with the newly imported models/icons/skins. For god sake, there will be people who won't like those either and so they will want to change them but they won't be able to. Conclusion? Same problem. And I've seen dozens of maps with custom skins, useless, just for the caster. C'mon guys. Spells are supposed to be small maps, to be easy to transform. Not just maskly add custom stuff into it. That's why icons and models sections are for. I hope these arguments are sufficient.

And same applies for taking someone else's spell. I will make sure to add this rule. And now Necro, don't come telling me that I'm trying just to get away. The map would've been deleted anyway, before or after the rule. So ok, I didn't mention this rule, but I deleted the map before adding it, not after. It doesn't make difference. It would've if I would've warned the user.

~Daelin

Level 3
yes i think it is a stupid rule, but if it is enforced or not, i would still like that the rule would be applied to ALL users and not to just some, like i mentioned before

if someone doesnt want their stuff to be edited or used in any way, they shouldnt even bother submiting em in wc3search; if they do submit, then they are already agreeing that their stuff can be modified or not

Level 2
now u said everything i wanted to hear, haha, if u didnt EVEN waste ur time seeing the DAMN maps, why are u posting? u dont even know what we are speaking about and u still want to post? surely u like to piss ppl

Hello retard, If you haven't noted yet, the Spell map was deleted! I cannot see it.

This basically says that any map containing resources that were used without permission of the author will be deleted. Now I don't know about anyone else but I think that this is a stupid rule. If it is inforced just know that I for one will totally disregard it and I hope that others will do so as well. Spells in a spell map I can understand you not letting people put in their spell maps but icons/skins/models/systems just makes no sense at all. If Vex really thinks this way then I say he can take himself and his powertrip somewhere else.

Well screw you, if your spell map needed models/icons/ or skins then most likelly the spells sucked hard. Read the name of the section again? It is a SPELLS section. And you damn resource thieves should all be banned.

acting like a victim? u sure are good at making jokes, i didnt loose anything so why should i be acting like a victim, uh? also i have been in other forums and when a damn mod got pissed by something someone said, he would get his posts deleted right away

That's a good question why are you acting like a victim if you haven't lost anything? You did so when you said you were Afraid, and with this text quoted you are still acting like a victim.

yes i think it is a stupid rule, but if it is enforced or not, i would still like that the rule would be applied to ALL users and not to just some, like i mentioned before

What a damn retard, it is a rule for the spells section, so if it is a map in the maps section it is not like it is not enforced for them, the rule doesn't exist for them, VGSatomi said so.

---
I remember the guys in Thehubb saying that this site was full of noobs and thieves, IT is a shame that people like these guys help the guys on other sites to prove that idea.

Level 3
Well screw you, if your spell map needed models/icons/ or skins then most likelly the spells sucked hard. Read the name of the section again? It is a SPELLS section. And you damn resource thieves should all be banned.

omg... I DIDNT MAKE THE DAMNED SPELL MAP, WHY SHOULD I BE A "DAMN RESOURCE THIEF"? and stop saying "ur spell map" for christ sake

What a damn retard, it is a rule for the spells section, so if it is a map in the maps section it is not like it is not enforced for them, the rule doesn't exist for them, VGSatomi said so.

rofl, firstly: ur the only retard here; secondly: check this link;
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=14448
thirdly: see what daelin and vex say there and shut up

I remember the guys in Thehubb saying that this site was full of noobs and thieves, IT is a shame that people like these guys help the guys on other sites to prove that idea.

regretably u are right, u are one of those noobs, and u just proved it by saying all those uselesses comments

Hello retard, If you haven't noted yet, the Spell map was deleted! I cannot see it.

yes, it was deleted and i was asking why it was... did u delete it? uhm, u are not even a mod right? then why are u posting? because u are an idiot perhaps?

That's a good question why are you acting like a victim if you haven't lost anything? You did so when you said you were Afraid, and with this text quoted you are still acting like a victim.

yes i am acting like a victim and u are acting like a freaking moron... oh, btw, define me what a victim is... i am a victim just because i am afraid of something? then we are all victims, since we are all afraid of dying... geez...

Level 8
I remember the guys in Thehubb saying that this site was full of noobs and thieves, IT is a shame that people like these guys help the guys on other sites to prove that idea

Necromancer is right, u are one of thoose.
And since this was full of noobs and thieves I guess u also stolen some spells, didn't u? I can easly say like : HEY MAN U USED THAT JASS EDITOR! WITHOUT THAT EDIT U COULDN'T CREATE A SPELL! U THIEF!
So, easy isn't?

Level 12
I can't believe no one locked this yet, it obviously went to a flame war.

I am dissapointed cause I thought that I could make the Spell section free of resource stealing. You guys complaint as if you had the right to steal resources or something.

So I surrender, stealing models is now permitted on the spells section. Although getting caught is prohibet. Check the new rules:

New Spell Section Rules
=======================
- The spells section is supposed to have your own spells and systems. The only exception is when your spell requires someone else's system/functions, in that case please credit the author.

- Including someone else's spell under ANY Circunstance (It doesn't matter if you have permission or anything) will cause the spell map to be removed, WC3Search does not need to spend bandwith twice, and you are supposed to Submit Only your work.

- You may include models, skins, icons, loading screens from other people. But If the original author sends a complaint to a moderator about you using his resource there without any permission to submit to Spells Section, or if you didn't credit the author correctly. The Spell Will be deleted and You will be banned. This also means I will always try to ask the resource authors to know if they really gave you the right to submit their stuff there.

- For copyrights cautions, NO Imported sounds should be included unless it is a "null sound" that is supposed to mute a model's sound effect

- Submitted maps bigger than 500KB will be removed. The spells section is supposed to have spells and we will not waste bandwith only if you want to make your map more appealing.
SPECIAL CASE: If the 500KB are caused by code alone (there are no imports or imports actually take really small amounts of space (less than 7KB) the map will not be removed)

- Low quality spells (that will have to be removed) include but are not limited to:
* Simple Object Edited Spell (Object edited spells may be submited as long as they are coplex and good enough)
* GUI/JASS spells that are offensively simple
* Spells that have so much memory leaks that they Freeze the game completelly for long periods of time.
* Spells that kill units but do not credit the player that casted the ability. Unless it is stated that they are supposed to not be credited.

I will try to get those rules to the rules page so I don't see more cry babies complaining about that it wasn't on the rules.

By the way once a guy uploaded a spell map and used a porn image as a screenshot, I obviously deleted it. It is funny cause the guy could have used the same arguments you used to complaint on this post.

Vexorian's Director's choice guidelines:
========================================
From now. A spell has to follow every single of next rules to get Director's choice by Vexorian:
- Is the spell worth it? This means that the spell must actually impress me, for a spell to impress me it should be really cool and original, An innovation rather than an imitation.
- The spell must follow the JESP standard.
- The spell must have almost 0 memory leaks (sometimes it could leak a single object per cast , that's not meaning ful) but if a spell leaks a lot it will not get director's choice.
- The spell was not submitted to any contest that is currently active (so the contest has not ended)

---

Anyways I' d like to respond:

omg... I DIDNT MAKE THE DAMNED SPELL MAP, WHY SHOULD I BE A "DAMN RESOURCE THIEF"? and stop saying "ur spell map" for christ sake

He was responding to someone elses post. And you probably aren't a resource thief but you seem to support resource stealing way too much, read your posts on this thread for more information.

rofl, firstly: ur the only retard here; secondly: check this link;
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=14448
thirdly: see what daelin and vex say there and shut up
Everything there is about maps in the spell section, so you have serious problems reading?

regretably u are right, u are one of those noobs, and u just proved it by saying all those uselesses comments

Conix only made 3 spell maps and they all turned out to be great, granted it seems you made some maps but I don't think I remember any. It is easy to remember every single Conix' map but I don't remember any of yours. I obviously tested your spells one day cause I have to test every one of them.

yes, it was deleted and i was asking why it was... did u delete it?

You were flaming him for Not seeing the map before commenting or something like that.

uhm, u are not even a mod right? then why are u posting? because u are an idiot perhaps?
And you said his comments were useless. I would ask the same question to you anyways.

yes i am acting like a victim and u are acting like a freaking moron... oh, btw, define me what a victim is... i am a victim just because i am afraid of something? then we are all victims, since we are all afraid of dying... geez...

You were obviously trying to look like the poor guy that is abused by moderators, you said things like My all posts get deleted! My answer is that probably you just were spamming and saying stupid things and that's why they got deleted.

And since this was full of noobs and thieves I guess u also stolen some spells, didn't u? I can easly say like : HEY MAN U USED THAT JASS EDITOR! WITHOUT THAT EDIT U COULDN'T CREATE A SPELL! U THIEF!
So, easy isn't?

This was the most stupid argument I ever saw.

First of all there is no way to prove someone used the JASS editor.

Second, the JASS editor wasn't imported and redistributed in the map. So it is not resource stealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.