• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Northstar's map was deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I don't care if he gave credits to arksword, cause It is a map for the spells section it is not a playable map. there was no reason to include it.

I don't care at all if STEALING a spell is not against the RULES.

When Darky27 gave me this spell section moderator spot the order was to remove low quality spells, I consider a spell map that contains someone else's spells, models, skins , art or icons as a low quality map, and I will always delete that stuff.

So hear the new rule: If I don't like the idea of a map being in the spell section I will delete it.

Northstar is able to upload the spells again as long as he remembers that it is a spell section, no need to have bunch of models and other guy's spells on his map.

Level 11
Oh my, it isn't a rule? Hehe, now it is. Sorry about that, it seems that both me and The_Raven forgot about this.

And yeah, it was even more annoying that he didn't ask for Arksword's permission... I'm sure about it. So yeah, I think this stealing rule applies to ALL the sections. ;)

~Daelin

Level 12
Vexorian said:
I consider a spell map that contains someone else's spells, models, skins , art or icons as a low quality map, and I will always delete that stuff.
Ehm, this sounds like you would delete any spell map if it contains a single imported file. I guess you only mean worthless spells.

Level 12
Imported files are allowed - As long as:

- The file was made by Vexorian (I give permission to use my models in Wc3sear.ch's spell section)

or

- You have an Explicit permission from the model author to DISTRIBUTE IT ON THE WC3SEARCH's MAP SECTION.

or

- The resource was made by blizzard

Otherwise I will delete spell maps that have imported files from other people.

---

If a spell map has a SPELL MADE BY SOMEONE ELSE, I will delete it. I don't care what the situation is, It will be deleted.

If a spell map has a piece of JASS code (functions / systems) It is valid as long as:
- You give credit to the functions/system author.

Level 7
Vexorian said:
Imported files are allowed - As long as:

- The file was made by Vexorian (I give permission to use my models in Wc3sear.ch's spell section)

or

- You have an Explicit permission from the model author to DISTRIBUTE IT ON THE WC3SEARCH's MAP SECTION.

or

- The resource was made by blizzard

Otherwise I will delete spell maps that have imported files from other people.

..wtf. If resource makers don't want people to freely use their models/skins/icons then they shouldn't upload them for the public to download. I don't care about this rule nor will I ever, I will give credit but I will not go hunting up every single maker of resources used in my map and asak for permission.

And if you really are hung up on people using others models without permission why don't you ask that model/skin/icon makers add to their descriptions whether or not they wish it to be freely used.

Level 7
Chuckle Brother said:
...I will not go hunting up every single maker of resources used in my map and asak for permission.

Yes you will, Vex's word is law in the spells section as HE IS A MOD!

Nice to se those rules Vex!

Level 3
just to tell u this, this topic is better explained in the forum discussions...

but its still good to see that i am not the only one who thinks it this way

since no one answered my question before, who does actually edit the "rules section"? any mod or just darky? it is pretty stupid that i make "something" that doesnt violate the rules, and then somehow i got that "something" i made deleted by no reason

and i also agree with chuckle brother when he says that ppl that submits something are the ones responsible to say if their stuff can be used for any ends, or not

Level 11
N£cr0m@nc£r said:
since no one answered my question before, who does actually edit the "rules section"? any mod or just darky? it is pretty stupid that i make "something" that doesnt violate the rules, and then somehow i got that "something" i made deleted by no reason

Oz02 is supposed to, but he said he wants to remake the entire rules... so it should take quite some time. Anyway, if you have any suggestions for spells, you can PM me at any time. In the spells section I can edit the sticky at any time.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.