• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New update to WC3 - 1.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Yeah I cannot post in the news section so I better post here, copied from the changelog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.25

FIXES

- Fixed an issue where players were able to ally with opponents when
alliances were locked ("share hack").
- A gold exploit with buildings has been fixed.
- Widescreen (stretched) resolutions should now be available in the Video options.
- Scroll of Town Portal will no longer be consumed when casting fails
when used at the same time that your Hero is Hexed.
- You can now purchase items from shops while Hexed.
- Hex will no longer extend the duration of Metamorphosis.
- Hex will no longer disable mana or health regeneration of Heroes.
- Wisps Detonate ability will no longer drain mana from Heroes while under
the effects of Potion of Invulnerability.
- Warcraft III will now write its registry keys on launch.

BALANCE CHANGES

Humans
- Improved Masonry Upgrade health boost decreased from 20% to 10% for all 3 levels
- Siege Engine Level increased from 2 to 3
- Rifleman HP increased from 505 to 535

Orcs
- Blade master Wind Walk duration reduced from 20/40/60 to 20/35/50
- Raider Ensnare Cooldown increased from 12 to 16
- Spirit Wolf Rank 1 Wolf Level decreased from 3 to 2

Night Elves
- Warden Shadow Strike mana cost increased from 65 to 75
- Druid of the Talon Faerie Fire duration decreased from 120 to 90

Items
- Ivory Tower gold cost increased from 30 to 40.
- Tome of Experience now gives Heroes 100 experience points, down from 150
- Orb of Venom poison duration decreased from 8 to 6

NOTE: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.24e replays
cannot be viewed with the 1.25 version of Warcraft III.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Warcraft 3 - Patch 1.25

Code:
Patch 1.25

FIXES

- Fixed an issue where players were able to ally with opponents when
  alliances were locked ("share hack").
- A gold exploit with buildings has been fixed.
- Widescreen (stretched) resolutions should now be available in the Video options.
- Scroll of Town Portal will no longer be consumed when casting fails
  when used at the same time that your Hero is Hexed.
- You can now purchase items from shops while Hexed.
- Hex will no longer extend the duration of Metamorphosis.
- Hex will no longer disable mana or health regeneration of Heroes.
- Wisps Detonate ability will no longer drain mana from Heroes while under
  the effects of Potion of Invulnerability.
- Warcraft III will now write its registry keys on launch.

BALANCE CHANGES

Humans
- Improved Masonry Upgrade health boost decreased from 20% to 10% for all 3 levels
- Siege Engine Level increased from 2 to 3
- Rifleman HP increased from 505 to 535

Orcs
- Blade master Wind Walk duration reduced from 20/40/60 to 20/35/50
- Raider Ensnare Cooldown increased from 12 to 16
- Spirit Wolf Rank 1 Wolf Level decreased from 3 to 2

Night Elves
- Warden Shadow Strike mana cost increased from 65 to 75
- Druid of the Talon Faerie Fire duration decreased from 120 to 90

Items
- Ivory Tower gold cost increased from 30 to 40.
- Tome of Experience now gives Heroes 100 experience points, down from 150
- Orb of Venom poison duration decreased from 8 to 6

NOTE: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.24e replays 
cannot be viewed with the 1.25 version of Warcraft III.)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The top noch players wanted the Tome of Experience to go, and I'm tempted to agree; it's an annoying item. The Blademaster also needed a nerf on his stats and not the Wind Walk ability.
Overall, they could have done a little more for the editor. =\

Level 21
Well I don't really care about the update as long as I get to play my Warcraft. LOL...
Oh and I like how they actually added a more decent size wise for the Warcraft game, and meaning making it actually better than having a smaller screen for it.
My setting go to 2400x1152 for my screen can go to in which I love, and having the setting for Warcraft, makes it so much awesome for it.

Level 10
Well I don't really care about the update as long as I get to play my Warcraft. LOL...

Lucky you. I can't even get the patch to apply, and there's no standalone patcher yet ooh it's up now! And...it doesn't run either. LOL! :thumbs_down:
[edit] Reinstalling and patching directly from the older version worked!

Also, reports are that with 1.25b, Mac users can't play more than a few seconds even in ladder games before being disconnected. I haven't tried; I'm not even going to bother updating my Mac WC3 until 1.25c...

Last edited:
Level 16
Oh my god, what a good patch ... not!

What they balanced there ... no one cares about it for month/years but they have to do something there. Also the new resolutions settings aren't the good point, since years everyone knows, that you can set the resolution in the registry ...

At the end it's a typical patch from blizzard, which should fix unnecessary things and ruin some stuff, like now the replays of version 1.24e and that mac users can have problems with this new patch.
Good Job blizzard, you are the best *zzz*

The legendary patch note: "We notice, that some people still have fun, to play this game. This bug is now fixed. ("fun hack")

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 11
The legendary patch note: "We notice, that some people still have fun, to play this game. This bug is now fixed. ("fun hack")

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

HAhahaha. WTF??? They fixed the "Fun Hack" Geez, Blizzard. You are the best for making a non-sense update. Also why they didn't update about that EXPLOIT thingy. Still there are a lot of things that a map can do (Ex. I want to virus your pc with this map)

Level 10
I think the legacy team is a bit afraid to throw bigger changes out because they know they don't have the resources to fine-tune them. These changes reflect that a lot. The Wind Walk change is a sign they acknowledge the ability is a little over the top, but at the same time they're probably afraid a proper nerf could throw Orc off the competition and cause many of the top players to finally stop playing the game.

Still the balance changes will help the game in the right direction. The Ensnare cooldown increase is very welcome and as a vivid 4v4 player I'll enjoy the increased experience from Siege Tanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Registry keys have nothing to do with CD key...

Registry keys is used to configure the game and tell it where it is installed etc. Local files should still work, just you should no longer be forced to install WC3 if you move it or modify / add the registries manually.

CD keys are stored in the MPQs when you install the game in encrypted form.

Everyone who plays WC3 should have a unique CD key and failing to do so is the result of piracy (impropper use of game as the game is meant to be used by 1 person at a time). Utalization of cracks on the main game executable is also prohibited and should result in a ban (like it always has).

Level 21
Its a Samsung monitor with built in HD, and the setting for it is kickass.
My Window 7 screen can really only to 2048x1152. in which makes every single detail look good and awesome. Kinda looking at a 3D show on which you don't need glasses.
Oh and I don't know why, but Blizzard should fix the cutscene problem, because I really hate looking at them with disgust and adoring the gameplay itself better.
Now look at this:
king1.png

To compare to this:
examplef.png

Edit: Just updated to 1.25b and I hope its good.
Does anyone have a link to the patch notes for it?
I skipped mine.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The cutscene is fine. It never did look better infact. They are pre rendered, it is like watching a VCD on your computer, there are no more pixels than that for them.

For a game over 7 years in age, you can not expect UHD cutscenes. Infact, no game today uses UHD cut scenes yet.

Also you do not have AA on.

Level 15
For those of you complaining about the quality of the patch, just stop. Sorry they didn't remove the Blademaster from the game or some shit, but the changes they made reflect actual progress towards balance.

In case you didn't know, Warcraft III is already pretty balanced with some slight Human imbalances. This isn't my review of the game. This is what top tier players like Grubby, Moon, Sky, TH000 and Lyn have all agreed on.

There won't ever be "huge" changes that effect the gameplay because they're just not necessary and wont' balance anything. However, the small changes they make have "huge" impacts towards balance. For example, buying items while being Hexed may not mean anything to a 4v4 RT idiot who doesn't pay attention to his hero, but to a 50% 1v1er it can be the difference between a win or a loss.

Also, if you have a problem with what Blizzard is doing, please make your own patch and tell me your own fixes for the current "balance problems"

As for the exploit, they can't just fix that at their leisure. They're probably working diligently to fix it but can't figure it out. And seeing as how the drop hack is actually a relevant problem, they would obviously prioritize over it.

Level 15
Why? This patch made it so I can't play on Battle.net with either my Mac or PC. How is that not worthy of complaint?

First of all, the game wasn't designed to play on Mac. So I don't see why you expect Blizzard to cater to every single Mac whim. It's sad that you chose a faulty OS over a real one, yes, but the reality is that Mac isn't designed for gaming anyway. It's designed for 12 year old kids to do homework on.

Second, if you have a PC and it doesn't work, then fix your PC. Don't complain about Blizzard. This game works just fine on my PC.

Level 22
First of all, the game wasn't designed to play on Mac. So I don't see why you expect Blizzard to cater to every single Mac whim. It's sad that you chose a faulty OS over a real one, yes, but the reality is that Mac isn't designed for gaming anyway. It's designed for 12 year old kids to do homework on.

Second, if you have a PC and it doesn't work, then fix your PC. Don't complain about Blizzard. This game works just fine on my PC.

Quoted for absolute truth.

Level 10
images

First of all, the game wasn't designed to play on Mac. So I don't see why you expect Blizzard to cater to every single Mac whim.
1. They sold the game for Mac.
2. They've released pretty much every game they've made for Mac.
3. It's a whim to expect them to not break basic functionality that used to work fine? (Spoiler alert: no it isn't.)

1. Every patch until this one installed OK. They still install OK. Nothing on this computer has changed.
2. I'm not the only one having this problem, judging from the Battle.net support forum.
3. Reread #1 until you realize it's something Blizzard did.

[edit] That said, I just followed their support's advice to reinstall and patch directly from the older version, and that worked.

Quoted for absolute truth.
If by "truth" you mean "wrongness".

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
WC3 is a windows game that was ported to mac. It is well known the mac version has more bugs than the windows release.

Yes, maybe SC2 and WoW are very good on the mac, but remember WC3 is old and was made before blizzard became the gaming gient it now is that everyone knows about.

Level 21
For some reason now the Far Seer spirit wolf is now can go to level three for the shadow wolf.
Kinda weird, but epic at the same time.

Level 21
It always has been able to go to level 3 and always will.

What they did was change the level of the summons it makes so they yield less experience.

In 1.25 the spell level actually went down as well, which was kinda weird.
I like how they fixed this problem with the new patch.

Level 16
Widescreen settings are fking cool, the graphic looks better, if you have a widescreen monitor, but it was totally unnecessary to add this into a patch,
because you could set this in the windows registry (You even can set it to a greater value there ...)

But anyhow, since Warcraft 3 games are only hosted by bots in battle.net, I play on Garena and I downgrade to 1.24e again, because nearly no one use 1.25 ^^

Level 15
Widescreen settings are fking cool, the graphic looks better, if you have a widescreen monitor, but it was totally unnecessary to add this into a patch,
because you could set this in the windows registry (You even can set it to a greater value there ...)

But anyhow, since Warcraft 3 games are only hosted by bots in battle.net, I play on Garena and I downgrade to 1.24e again, because nearly no one use 1.25 ^^

Sadly, he is right.

It's nearly impossible to get your map full with people on B-net anymore.
I have the original CD-key. And actually I started to regret ever buying the game instead of just using a PIRATE copy.
Why should you buy a game that has an official server which is a THOUSAND times worse than an unofficial one? Can anyone give me one valid reason ?

If Blizzard want to make B-net worthwhile they should find a way toremove all those Host-Bots.

Level 21
Well know as well Blizzard made a testing server as well, but it won't work anymore, and now I have 1.25d on which its great and all, but still I kinda miss the good old days.
The host bots are kinda dumb, but still the damn fucking wait for people to join and people to play. Lost its touch after so damn long and I kinda miss, on how you just played with other people online, without the need of a host bot.
MEH,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.