• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

NEW rts Augmentation Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm not thread hijacking! lol I won't spam "PLAYTEST MY MAP TODAY!" all over here so don't worry. I'm just letting him hows my map going and how he can benefit more efficient GUI systems and how to reduce map size.

Last edited:
Level 17
I've fixed my computer but I've lost my latest version of the this map and all the backups of it, so all the work on the Nomads I've done is lost :'(. For now I won't work anymore on this map, don't want to make the whole race again. However, if someone wants to pick up this project, feel free to do (all Nomads unit & buildings imports are already in the map). You can post your 'improved version' of the map here and I'll add it in the first post of this thread.

Level 17
Have you ever tough about:
1. Working on ELA first and then continuing with recreating Nomads?
2. Making backups, like shall we say putting latest map version in Pastebin?

@1, I just find it too frustrating this time that I won't work on this map for now.
@2, well I had about three backups of it but my whole harddisk needed to be formatted, couldn't save anything from it (luckily I only use that computer for games). I will backup the work of people on this map in the Pastebin.

Level 17
It's really sad to see that you've stopped working on this and so many people were waiting for it.
, this makes me a sad old bear
sad_bear_500.jpg

, when I get the motivation again to work on it I will :wink:

Level 3
na our race is to stupid for that lol.

Hell we may even be conquered by some super advanced alien race by then lol.

Level 7
I couldn't be arsed with reading all the posts but as far as I've seen the terrain does not fit the map (I complain, alot).

If you give me the map size (like, is it 256x256/more/less) I might offer my help and terrain it (if you want me to, of course)

Regarding the gameplay, I love the concept - I do recommend that you add lots of obtainable units and let the player use their intelligence; don't just give them the recipe, let them figure it out (of course, you have to make essential combos logical, else they won't be able to figure the game out xP)

Level 17
Wonderful, fun and exiting to play. However just to be a pest, for our sun to turn into a Red giant it would take millions of years, im sure we would of mastered space travel long before then but thats just me :)
, thanks very much, talking about the sun; yesterday I saw the movie Sunshine which is a great SCI-FI movie for mature audiance btw) where men traveled to the dying sun (year 2050 or later) to create a new sun on it. Sounds boring maybe, but there are some nasty suprises in it (I won't spoil anything).

na our race is to stupid for that lol.

Hell we may even be conquered by some super advanced alien race by then lol.
, the funny thing is that the people with great minds (don't know how to say this in english lol) from about 50-75 years back had all kinds of futuristic ideas how we would live in 2000-2010, which would be feasible
if some many people wouldn't be so dumb and lazy. Like that we would produce way more clean energy. But anyways, we are going to be conquered by the Nomads as soon as I've finished their race ^^.

I couldn't be arsed with reading all the posts but as far as I've seen the terrain does not fit the map (I complain, alot).

If you give me the map size (like, is it 256x256/more/less) I might offer my help and terrain it (if you want me to, of course)
, yes please :D, you can download the latest version here on this thread on the first post (there's an unprotected/unoptimized one).

Regarding the gameplay, I love the concept - I do recommend that you add lots of obtainable units and let the player use their intelligence; don't just give them the recipe, let them figure it out (of course, you have to make essential combos logical, else they won't be able to figure the game out xP)
, thanks for the feedback, by obtainable units you mean more units or more items combinations which result in extra roles for units?

Level 3
[K40$]-Spectre;1663574 said:
But anyways, we are going to be conquered by the Nomads as soon as I've finished their race ^^.

So wait does that mean your going to be actually working on the map o_O?
If so epic. And I can't wait.

Level 17
Today I was toying a bit with the starcraft 2 editor and hated it when it comes to custom units, so I decided I will continue this project from now :). I will start again on the Nomads as well as the ELA (what was the whole name again tleno?), this time I will upload many small updates for them. This means that the next update will contain only a few playable Nomads (and maybe ELA) units and buildings and with about each update a few new things are added to the Nomads (and/or ELA).

Level 17
Nice to see you back, my maps been on hold since its being terrained.
Here's a sneak peak @ it:http://worldcraft.hordestudio.com/so...read.php?t=192
It is almost done and i should continuing it by Monday.
, I would like to see your images but I need to login on that site to watch them ;)

BTW: SC2 Editor ain't that hard, it takes a lot of time to properly learn it.
, I like the editor except for the data editor, you need to take more steps in the data editor compared to the object editor which results in loss time and often the steps are complicated to do for beginners and make less sense than the steps in the object editor. I rest my case :p, object editor rules ^^.

Level 11
Yeah, i didn't like SC2 that much.
The campaign was great.
Melee is an imbalanced spam fest where you can win with only 1 unit type and rarely a second.
Online there's no LAN, you can't cross region (US to EU) and the custom map viewing system is stupid.
The galaxy editor has as much restrictions as the world editor, just in different places.
The terrain is way worse. You can only have two cliffs above normal cliff size.
Max map size is 256x256 (which is actually 128x128)
The water comes in an unrealistic block with no splashes when units go through.

Example: sc2water.JPG

I can rant all day about SC2. I wouldn't have minded if blizzard took another 6 months to polish the game.
The best xmas present would have been a perfect SC2. Now it all up to patches and modders to fix it :/

Level 17
Yeah, i didn't like SC2 that much.
The campaign was great.
Melee is an imbalanced spam fest where you can win with only 1 unit type and rarely a second.
Online there's no LAN, you can't cross region (US to EU) and the custom map viewing system is stupid.
The galaxy editor has as much restrictions as the world editor, just in different places.
The terrain is way worse. You can only have two cliffs above normal cliff size.
Max map size is 256x256 (which is actually 128x128)
The water comes in an unrealistic block with no splashes when units go through.

Example:

I can rant all day about SC2. I wouldn't have minded if blizzard took another 6 months to polish the game.
The best xmas present would have been a perfect SC2. Now it all up to patches and modders to fix it :/
, I don't think it would have been fixed if they would have had the time till xmas, they just made some design desicions which of some are understandable (e.g. always connection to internet to reduce piracy) and some are just weird (e.g. the new data editor). Even Blizzard makes mistakes, like they admitted that the system for searching custom games on battlenet sucks (to little filter options etc.). And Blizzard agreeing that they made something that sucks, you don't see that often. I do like playing stc2, just downloaded my old favorite map the Hunters :).

Btw, you can fix that blocky water by raising the ground around it, I agree with the lack of splashes though.

woot your working on it again! SC2 Rally's yet another mapmaker back to WC3! xD

Can't wait for new update.
, back to the real business ;)

Level 11
SC2 won't beat WC3 for a while. Its gonna take some time till they get custom resources like skins and models and also some tools for SC2 like galaxy editor unlimited and vgalaxyscript. So I'm sticking to WC3 for the time being, at least this year for sure.

Level 17
SC2 won't beat WC3 for a while. Its gonna take some time till they get custom resources like skins and models and also some tools for SC2 like galaxy editor unlimited and vgalaxyscript. So I'm sticking to WC3 for the time being, at least this year for sure.
, I find the data editor my biggest obstacle to edit in the galaxy editor (since I often make maps which have many custom units/abilities/items etc.).

Level 9
I like i so much i want to give you some ideas, such as having some sort of biological weapon that kills a unit slowly. This effects all in that area ? i like helping but i insist of biological weapons but they are VERY expensive to produce. Obviously they wont work against the machines.

Level 17
I like i so much i want to give you some ideas, such as having some sort of biological weapon that kills a unit slowly. This effects all in that area ? i like helping but i insist of biological weapons but they are VERY expensive to produce. Obviously they wont work against the machines.
, thanks very much, any ideas are welcome. The Nomad race will have organic items but biological weapons or implants would be a cool addon for the neutral merchants.

Level 17
Hi guys, I apologize for being kindy inactive for a long time. Only since last week I began working on the map again and progress is going fairly fast :). To make it up to you, here are some early WIPs of a Nomad base.

Note that Nomads don't gather oil to gain money, rather they use oil to produce high amounts of power and their town-hall like structures (Lairs and the Overmind) produce the money.

btw, future versions will allow more human players than only solo (I thought I already fixed this but apparently I overlooked it).

Attachments

• Nomad early WIP 1.jpg
    Nomad early WIP 1.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Nomad early WIP 2.jpg
    Nomad early WIP 2.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Nomad early WIP 3.jpg
    Nomad early WIP 3.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 104
Level 3
Wow that looks epic. Maybe you should get some custom icons for the stuff? the Night elf ones won't work to well once its made.

Level 1
Also, I forgot to mention, I loved your augmentation feature, I don't think I've ever seen it before. It was very satisfying seeing my Venom helicopters with insane attack speed, chainguns, and repair. I also like how the buying parts thing isn't necessary, but definitely adds another layer of strategic depth. 6 venoms can totally wipe out an entire army with upgrades+bombardment.

This map looks pretty interesting, good job with the details, I remember seeing many games like this outside Warcraft III, maybe yours could be the first:)
Maybe you could add in some Robot-Like units and they can use the 'Components' too.

Status
Not open for further replies.