• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW rts Augmentation Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I like the idea of having the overmind but if you lose when its destroyed I suggest like tleno said make it have alot of health and some attacks or something so its not helpless.

Also I like the idea of the bunkers where people could hide and shoot from it. and it would be cool to have that stealth generator.

but if you do make the stealth generator either the stealth generator itself has to be visible or give some units who can see invisible units and builds so it can destroy it or it would be impossible to win.

Reactions: ZIR
Level 17
How about once you kill a nomad, it splits into two smaller corpses that attack. Use the hydra ability for that. Stealth Generators can be done with triggers. Once the stealth generator structure is complete, create a region centered on it that makes all units and buildings invisible. Once the stealth generator destroyed, remove the effect and the region.
, thanks, going to try that.

Overmind should also have an attack and more health.
, agreed, especially more health. How much health should it have? 5000 with faily high regeneration? (human construction has 1250 which is atm high for a structure). For attack how about a cloud triggered on it which attacks nearby enemies with acid or lightning (kind like the Lightning towers of the Scrin in C&C3). I mention regeneration cause all Nomad buildings and units will regenerate during the day (by the sun) but cannot be repaired.

Then if you want it can be a high mobility hit-and-run race.
talking about their defences, I tough about a bunker where soldiers can hide and attack like orc burrows and maybe some kind of stinger site like in C&C G...
, sounds good, also the garrisonable towers is a fun idea (I always like those things, especially in C&C3 with expension).

but if you do make the stealth generator either the stealth generator itself has to be visible or give some units who can see invisible units and builds so it can destroy it or it would be impossible to win.
, yes the Stealth Generator will stay visible.

Level 17
You know a detector can see ALL invisible units/buildings.
, yes, but still I think Stealth Generator should be visible, so it won't be overpowered.

Oh, you should contact Callex, he has Stealth generators in his map.
, thanks for the tip, will do immediately.

-EDIT I asked him, I hope he helps, he seems very good in mapping.

Level 17
You know you can release it now if you make your own icons.
Screenshot models in the wc3 model editor.
Crop them and load them into Button Manager.
Easy icons : D
, that's makes sense, however I must say that GhostThruster is rather good at it and he probably already has done some (I would be sad if he would have done the work for nothing). However, I can do this; when I have completed the generals and still haven't recieved the nice icons I can upload the map with temporarily non-custom icons for the robot race.

Level 17
sounds good to me Spectre can't wait for it.
, and now you don't have to wait anymore :wink:

New Update (third), to v1.0 = out of beta;

Changelog compared with Beta:
The extra Robot race 'The Series 11' has been added along with AI, the map has been increased so it can be played by 8 players, UTC (United Terran Colonists) have a new worker the 'Artisan' (Mechanical Worker moved to Series 11 race), Merchant shop has been added, Gold Ore changed to Oil Platform, new creeps have been placed and finally Generals have been added (leadership-kind units).

Level 3
and now i will play and get back to you on it man :D

Edit: Hm very nice I played both just to see and there good.

The generals where a good idea but maybe you could make them hero's instead of just units? that way they could be different. also I like the new series 11 race but what i found strange was that there main building for mining was also there barracks? kinda felt weird also I love the units of the series 11 look really good and work well against the other race.

About choosing the race maybe you can use a option where a window pops up right when it starts and you chose your race by click the button that has its name on it and then it'll spawn that race's starting units.

Just a new idea I saw on this one guys Gnoll map so I thought it could work on here.

Only one problem I faced with the Series 11. When I was playing i noticed only the sentry bot could shoot ground from air so I got 12 of them and I was able to wipe out my enemy's entire base before he could do anything. It could of been that I just massed them in to great of numbers or he didn't build enough same sites but I found that weird to rape a base with sentry bots.

Last edited:
Level 27
Yes, we need the selection thingy! when I started the game I hope you'll have that one now, and now I'm a bit disappoint and forced to play as human...

ESIT: one of series 11 upgrades costs 1 coin, thier tesla tower is named prism tower in the buiding menu.

Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks for all the usefull comments.

and now i will play and get back to you on it man :D

Edit: Hm very nice I played both just to see and there good.
, nice :thumbs_up:

The generals where a good idea but maybe you could make them hero's instead of just units? that way they could be different. also I like the new series 11 race but what i found strange was that there main building for mining was also there barracks? kinda felt weird also I love the units of the series 11 look really good and work well against the other race.
, i thought of that but I actually like that they are units, but maybe I can add some other units that are hero like units (like maybe George Bush and Obama as army leaders :grin:, just kidding, maybe like Dawn of War Commanders).

Only one problem I faced with the Series 11. When I was playing i noticed only the sentry bot could shoot ground from air so I got 12 of them and I was able to wipe out my enemy's entire base before he could do anything. It could of been that I just massed them in to great of numbers or he didn't build enough same sites but I found that weird to rape a base with sentry bots.
, do they actually require Plasma Generator to build? Can't check right now (on laptop now). They should, if they still are to imbalanced I can raise their Power (/food) cost.

"Generals"? talking about the human one, I smell Rise of Nations! :D
You know what I didn't liked? That tent infirst player's area and there are a bit too many crriters...
, yes I based them of RoN, I love that game :crazz:. I'll remove the tent and make it that critters don't have very little collision so they aren't annoying anymore.

[K40$]-Spectre i can help you with the race selection pop up window at the begging of the game. Send me the map and ill add the system in for you.
, yes if you could that than that would be really nice :infl_thumbs_up:, you can actually just download the not opt version and sent me that one with the system ;). It really needs some system like that, +rep if I can. And could make it that AI still will work? thanks

ESIT: one of series 11 upgrades costs 1 coin, thier tesla tower is named prism tower in the buiding menu.
, thanks for the feedback :), will change it asap.

Level 11
I only know GUI : D

Ill make it easy to understand so you can add additional races by yourself.
Ill also include a random button for players who can't decide.
Since your in Germany, your 6 hours ahead of me, so ill get the system done tonight, and you can pick it up first thing in the morning by my PM.

In turn, maybe you can help me with AI...

Level 17
I only know GUI : D

Since your in Germany, your 6 hours ahead of me, so ill get the system done tonight, and you can pick it up first thing in the morning by my PM.

In turn, maybe you can help me with AI...
, actually I'm Dutch ^^ (/Netherlands), which map do you mean: Modular Combat or the Age of Empires one?

-edit

, I placed you higher in the creditslist :p, send me the map you want AI of so I can get started for ya

Last edited:
Level 27
By the way, how did you made it AI supporting? you edited current units instead of creating new so AI could use it?
You know, the Series 11 don't seem to use all the buildings... you could just edit one of those buildings like "tent" or something that already exist and edit their AI so they would build it too...

Oh, or it's just me, or Warcraft melee AI is set so only Heroes would pick items? Becuase they seem to ignore all the useful stuff...

Level 17
By the way, how did you made it AI supporting? you edited current units instead of creating new so AI could use it?
You know, the Series 11 don't seem to use all the buildings... you could just edit one of those buildings like "tent" or something that already exist and edit their AI so they would build it too...
, sorry but I don't understand this part, could your elaborate? I used the AI editor and made two custom AI's if that's what you mean.

Oh, or it's just me, or Warcraft melee AI is set so only Heroes would pick items? Becuase they seem to ignore all the useful stuff...
, I check it off in the AI editor cause I think it would be a problem of them because of the item classes (like a stormtrooper can't pick up a part, and because it is because of a trigger that the stormtrooper can't pick up a part I don't think the AI will be smart enough to ignore it). But I haven't tested it yet.

Here's some info about how the Nomads will work:
Nomads depend heavily on the sun, the sun gives them extra energy. This results in that during day time Nomads be alot tougher than during the night. Differences between day and night for Nomads are (WIP):
1. Fast health regen (all Nomads units and buildings health during the day since they are organic).
2. Tripled eye sight (units 1800 during day time and 600 during night time, buildings 1200 during day time and 400 during night time).

Nomads units (early WIP): Buzzers (anti-infantry), Nomad Monstrosities (anti-vehicles), Scavangers, Devourer Champion (general/leadership unit), Reavers, Behemoths (tank role), Mutalisks and Evil Eyes.

Nomads buildings (WIP): Overmind (townhall-like, defeated when losed, very tough though but max 1, produces power), Lair (townhall-like, produces power), Den (produces Primary/Tier 1 units, produces little power), Cavern (produces Advanced/Tier 2 units, produces little power), Spire (produces flyer units, produces little power), Evolution Chamber (research building, produces little power), Construction Pool (creates organic items for Nomads, produces some power), Extractor (like Haunted Goldmine but also produces a lot of power) and towers (undecided, probably a tad like Starcraft Zerg).

Level 27
Oh, I tough you just eidted current units so gamewould use them without any custom AI, pretty old trick.
If not mistaken, Series 11 don'r seem to use the last tier so much...

Intresting, plus it kinda fits that my suggestion that alien came only now because the Earth became hot enough for them to live.
Mutalisks? you should change this a bit to something else, kinda to much of starcraft... maybe just Flyers or Roachdrakes?
construction pool sounds weird too. Maybe something else like assembling pool or augmentator... I mean they are zerg like, they should have some kind of mutations instead of augmentations...

Level 17
Oh, I tough you just eidted current units so gamewould use them without any custom AI, pretty old trick.
If not mistaken, Series 11 don'r seem to use the last tier so much...
, they do, but the Series 11 are kindy stupid atm, I will make them better. I once used that old trick for a map of mine but it went totally wrong (only the fact that the AI worked was nice, but units and tech tree didn't felt right). Also in this map it wouldn't work cause melee ai wants to create heroes.

Intresting, plus it kinda fits that my suggestion that alien came only now because the Earth became hot enough for them to live.
Mutalisks? you should change this a bit to something else, kinda to much of starcraft... maybe just Flyers or Roachdrakes?
construction pool sounds weird too. Maybe something else like assembling pool or augmentator... I mean they are zerg like, they should have some kind of mutations instead of augmentations...
, thanks, maybe Nomads Darkhunter instead of Mutalisk? I couldn't find a name for construction pool but assembling pool sounds nice. The Nomads are a hybrid of zerg/unbroken with some high-tech, so want to give them a unique mix of organic items and parts (certaintly not augmentations) like maybe a tentacle or something like that.

Level 17
Nomads should asl definetly have a unit that would turn dead corpses into some kind of units to fight on your side. Definetly.
, yeah that's a good idea, I'm also planning in giving them the Parasite ability (for a stronger Nomad unit and that the Parasite ability releases a pack of Buzzers (weakest Nomad unit).

Darkhunter sounds... nice...
, is it nice or just a little nice? Maybe Deathwings if that's better.

Level 17
Version 1.1 available!

Changelos update 5:
A race selection by Reaper has been added, better Series 11 AI, Sentry Bots now use more power (food), a secret has been added and some other thinges (like bug many fixes).
Yeah thanks for the unprotected. I now a lot about WE but i would love to see how the jumping marines work xD

Gj Guys, keep it up!
, thanks, but they don't actually jump, they can fly with a jetpack :p

Could you guys fill in this poll please? -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/poll-augmentation-warfare-172883/, tnx!

Level 11
I have just added a new UI to Modular combat. I manged to combine 2 UIs both made by unwirklich. Here it is:
ModularCombatNewUI.JPGModularCombatNewUI2.jpg
Btw supertoinkz, i can't until you finish your armies of exigo map : D

Last edited:
Level 17
Yeah, I've seen that UI in Ascention campaing...
Hmmm, talking abot UI, you could just make so all players start from same race (depending from which's UI and sounds you like mostl), because currently there's no need in race choosing before game begins, right?
, well I left it alone so players could choose their own music and UI they want.

Talking about race selection, is it clear how the AI works (like if you want to play against UTC you need to select 'human' for the computer, series 11 = orcs)? Or should I clarify this more in the description (in this thread and the ingame one)?.

Futher, I noticed a large bug with Series 11, armor upgrades have no effects. The next version will fix this and add air transports for both races (atm you can't get to the middle Oil Platforms). If someone finds more bugs, please say so :).

Level 27
Yes, you should clarify that at least a bit...
Well I kinda already reported few bugs... oh, or it's just me or the Series 11 a bit underpowered comparing to UTC? Most of their units use power while UTC don't, while the power costing units don't seem to be stronger than ordinary ones...

Stealthsuit should be renamed a bit, maybe Stealth Android Squad (SAS! :D), robots can't really wear suits since it's their body...

You know I think I noticed that Interceptor or whatever S11 unit has Ricktchet.. I don't really remember noticing it recotcheting... maybe because those units died so quickly?

Oh, and will you leave all tpohe ruins as those are... if I would be you I'd add few more dodads like pipes, cisterns (can be easily made of already eczisting dodads, no need to immport extra dodads) and stuff... I mean humans here are trying to get all resources just to build a giant spaceship, I would really like to see some kind of launch pad in those ruin in the middle...

Level 17
Yes, you should clarify that at least a bit...
, yes I though so to, will be done :).

Well I kinda already reported few bugs...
, you are doing a damn good job :D, you should earn a medallion :p.

oh, or it's just me or the Series 11 a bit underpowered comparing to UTC? Most of their units use power while UTC don't, while the power costing units don't seem to be stronger than ordinary ones...
, thanks for the info, I will look into it.

Stealthsuit should be renamed a bit, maybe Stealth Android Squad (SAS! :D), robots can't really wear suits since it's their body...
, lol sas, I will call them "Stealthbot Squad" than (SS :p).

You know I think I noticed that Interceptor or whatever S11 unit has Ricktchet.. I don't really remember noticing it recotcheting... maybe because those units died so quickly?
, ok I will test it and I'll give them more hit points.

Oh, and will you leave all tpohe ruins as those are... if I would be you I'd add few more dodads like pipes, cisterns (can be easily made of already eczisting dodads, no need to immport extra dodads) and stuff... I mean humans here are trying to get all resources just to build a giant spaceship, I would really like to see some kind of launch pad in those ruin in the middle...
, yes I was thinking of something like this also, great idea

Also I'm thinking of adding two leveling units, an Automaton champion unit for the Series 11 which attack through melee and has brutish abilities/attacks & stealth and a Special Ops Commando for the UTC which has all kinds of explosives. I also noticed another bug, you can have more than one of series 11 generators, which will be fixed in the next version.

Level 6
I've noticed, by playing your map that it takes too much time to upgrade units, so here is what i propose:
use this kind of upgrades(AoE upgrading) used in this map(made by dj0z):

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/rival-dynasties-0-99l-142287/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=dj0z

or may try something else i just made up:

from your tech center, you can choose between various upgrade for one kind of unit(here i will pick the stormtooper) ,you can choose between:(keep in mind that this is an example)

Cloaking System:renders the unit invisible except when attacking or casting.

Rocket Launcher: adds an anti-tank and anti-aircraft attack to the unit making it stronger against those but slowing his movement speed.

Note: you can only choose one upgrade, and once you choose one you cannot cancel the upgrade and choose another.

i hope you like it...

Level 11
@tleno i am using only 1 race and its locked to human. Players can use the dialog box at start up to choose their race. It would be rather silly if i had 4 UIs for all races and would take up a lot of space. Btw my UI is mipped to 25% of its original size so its not that heavy on kbs.

Level 27
Wait, in some maps like Night of The Dead, they someway get rid of interface completely! maybe that could wirk in some way?

Oh, I thing ashbringer means the system similar to the WH 40k DoW and Comapny of Heroes: you can gie weapon upgrades to your units just by clicking on a button and unit would recieve the upgrade... but no, currentsystem adds more customness to game.

Level 17
Wait, in some maps like Night of The Dead, they someway get rid of interface completely! maybe that could wirk in some way?
, that would be great, I don't know how I should do that though (maybe adding a total black ui?)

@ashbringer753, you mean Age of Empires or dawn of war like upgrades right?, I agree with tleno
Oh, I thing ashbringer means the system similar to the WH 40k DoW and Comapny of Heroes: you can gie weapon upgrades to your units just by clicking on a button and unit would recieve the upgrade... but no, currentsystem adds more customness to game.
, I do appreciate your input though so +rep for that and please keep commenting :cwink:.

@tleno i am using only 1 race and its locked to human. Players can use the dialog box at start up to choose their race. It would be rather silly if i had 4 UIs for all races and would take up a lot of space. Btw my UI is mipped to 25% of its original size so its not that heavy on kbs.
, I'm sorry but I can't add ai for your map than, since my triggers check which race the computer controlled player(s) have and gives them the appropriate ai (I don't know an other way, maybe that the host can select if for the cpu's but that would take time for him). However, you can allow players to select their race but through triggers you force them to look like e.g. human race (ui etc.). Than I can add ai for your map.

Level 11
In my map, i think it is possible to have AI this way. You can be only human, but all my civs have the same requirements. You will understand if you go to advanced > gameplay constants and scroll down to dependency equivalents. If there is a civ special building, it will be a dependency equivalent.

Level 17
Talking about customization items, you should decrease their cost and/or increase effivenvy, average item costs like one unit, but this doesn't make the wearing unit twice as effective!
, ok I will reduce the cost of some and increases the effectiveness of others, thanks for the feedback

In my map, i think it is possible to have AI this way. You can be only human, but all my civs have the same requirements. You will understand if you go to advanced > gameplay constants and scroll down to dependency equivalents. If there is a civ special building, it will be a dependency equivalent.
, but I can't open your map (it gives me an error when I open it in WE, you've probably protected it).

Status
Not open for further replies.