• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW rts Augmentation Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi dudes, I don't mod for wcr3 that often anymore (to busy doing other things), but sometimes I still work on this map. Anyway, here you have an early version from what I got so far of the new version. Many things still have to be done of the new Nomad race (balancing, abilities, items, stats, icons, better ai etc.) but it shows a bit how the Nomad race will play. Any constructive feedback is welcome (just realise the Nomad race is far from finished). To let the AI play with the Nomad race, let them play with the Undead race.

Attachments

• (8)AugmentationWarfareV1.4a.w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 105
Level 14
I just played the newer version, it was fun. The Nomads looks way too zergish, maybe change some stuff, like change the Overmind name to like Hive Mind, and its pretty confusing, I kinda used the -Cashcow cheat and spammed deathwings ^ ^
The AI is ok, although the terran race never expands, and plus make them build more defences, and make em more aggressive! The Robots can beat the terrans. Havent tested Nomad AI.

Level 17
Hey dude,I liked your map,the augementation feature,and all the three races.But from where did you get the zerg models?
, thanks :), I got the zerg models from Kam who has this big project Orcs and Humans: Tides of Darkness. He used the zerg models for a new alien race for his Orcs and Humans project, but later removed it. So you could ask him, if that doesn't work, than search on filefront for Starcraft 3d conversion (or something like that) under the warcraft 3 section and download model pack.

So, Spectre, you gonna get me to make you those icons? Very good, love the Beholder.
, sorry for the wait, I will first change some zerg skins to make them more futuristic/less zergish I think.

Here's a screenshot of the Vapor Tower which will be included in the new version (Nomad tower which spreads gasses that damages and slows enemy units caught within the gasses).

Attachments

• Vapor Towers.jpg
    Vapor Towers.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Level 11
I just thoroughly tested the new race, aside from having few units, techs, and items, i noticed some things:

1. When you build an extractor on top of a mine it makes its gold zero
2. Most units still have their hero glow which is annoying

I know how to deal with both so when you want me to fix them just say the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.