• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW rts Augmentation Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
@[K40$]-Spectre - there are loads of futuristic models for buildings i have over 50! You can use some buildings from starcraft that you can find around the site.
For example my humans buildings are terran.
My Orc buildings are your buildings.
My Undead buildings are protoss.
And my muted naga buildings are zerg and with the forgotten one model from wc3.
, yes there are many, I just don't like many of them (personal preference). Btw, maybe your interested in it, I think Kam uploaded a while ago a updated zerg buildings pack in his warcraft 2 like mod thread (if you have missed, you should check it out).

@[K40$]-Spectre - Structures can also have items, only defensive structures though. Basically you get base building, say a bunker or something. You can use your worker to buy parts and give it to the structure of your choice. Maybe you need a structure to kill troops, mechs, air, or detect invisible units, or maybe you need a long range cannon.
, now I get it, funny idea. I won't use it though since all the items in this map are not dropable (once an augmentation is installed, you can't drop it).

@[K40$]-Spectre - Also you mentioned artifacts? A good way to do this is by making all items droppable. So that if your enemy is another race, you can steal their technology and use it agianst them.
, nice idea, I'm going to add this I think in one of the updates (but only artifacts dropable than).

@[K40$]-Spectre - My races are not final, i just go with whatever has the most models on thw.
, I do that to, smart thinking :)

Level 11
Yeah he should change the resources.
The population cap was meant for units and not buildings. You can also limit buildings by triggers.
In my map i have 2 resources, besides population cap, they act in the opposite way of starcraft.
In the mine you find the common resource, because its a building, it can provide a steady income of common ore.
Mineral fields are for uncommon ore, they are hard to find, and mining takes much longer, but is needed for better stuff.
Here's a pic to see what i'm talking about:

minerals.JPG

I'd say but a resource-generation system, that automatically produces non-stop.
So the trigger would be like :
Pick Every Reactor/Generator etc. Matching Player Owner etc. And Do:
Add 10 gold to owner
Create Floating Text +10

Yeah, something like that that you see in games like Halo Wars and LoTR. This is much simpler and you can clear some gold mines and trees for a more Urban setting(as it's in the future).
Also, you should make the items Powerups, so once used, they dissappear but their effects are permanent, and if the effects don't work, you can always add abilities via trigger. eg.
A Unit Aquires An Item
Conditions:
Item is a Powerup = True
Item Type = Exosuit
Actions:
Add Item Protection (+1) to Triggering Unit
Add Exit Suit to Triggering Unit

And I support the zerg-like 3rd race. Tell us when you're done with the map, leave it open source, and I'll make those icons for the robots.

Level 11
A resource generation system sounds good, maybe you can add capture zones that increase the capacity for generators. So every capture point you own, you can build 3 generators that provide delicious resources :razz:
Sorry got carried away, was hungry! : D

Level 27
Yeah, like in DoW. Just replace those gold mines with Strategic Points or whatever, and make some trigger that waits for a few seconds and then turns it into your ownership and using the Pick Unit trigger, add resources!

Capturing strategic locations you say?

Those locations could be balled just Strategic point, Mine or Industrial Complex. In any way they still will produce anything you need which will be quite logical. Just Strategic Point is quite plain, Mine or Industrial Complex make more sence because they also produce something so can give income. And who'll say capturing natural resources or immportant industrial objects won't be immporttant to future military?

Talking about that, I dislike the radar purpose a bit. See, there might be lots of other buildings that can be used for this purpose. Like shall we say SAM sites or any other tower can have huge detection and vision range. Radar should be more of... communications object. Shall we say you can use it to call down special abilities. If you don't like changing radar's purpose, you can combine both and use radar as both ability casting building and long-range detector. Like shall we say it can use abilities in the same range it detects units, and abilities can be supporting your troops in some way or useable against enemy. Kinda like melee game casters have three abilities that need research to be accesed. SO radars ban have thise researched research in them too.
This is how I imagine them:
1. Satelite scan. reveals area in AoE.
2. Propaganda. Buffs target unit to attack more zealously but decreases movement speed. Requires "Communications technologies", you can also think us with some kind of replacement to make the buff useable on buildings...
3. Artilery barrage. Requires all unit's mana, damages all units in AoE. Atack range is quite small but damage is quite good. Can be used for defencive purposes very well. Requires "Advanced Communications Technologies".

I also tough about somemkind of building that would sell special items, useable by all unit types but quite expensive, unit can carry only one of these and they are nerly like super-weapons, used to turn your soldiers into one man army. Of course, the price for this has to be quite big, about 2000-5000 maybe.

Level 17
Awesome ideas and feedback guys/girls :cwink:;

if its in future you maybe can add plasma mine or something not gold
, I need a good mine model (not a starcraft terran building please, I found those a tad ugly and they don't match the other structures).

Yeah he should change the resources.
The population cap was meant for units and not buildings. You can also limit buildings by triggers.
In my map i have 2 resources, besides population cap, they act in the opposite way of starcraft.
In the mine you find the common resource, because its a building, it can provide a steady income of common ore.
Mineral fields are for uncommon ore, they are hard to find, and mining takes much longer, but is needed for better stuff.
Here's a pic to see what i'm talking about:
, supply is like Command and Conquer, and don't want to change it, I like it.

This map looks nice! gonna play it!
, thanks very much, have fun!

@resources: I am thinking something like this:

1. Standard resource mine (could be plasma, gas, oil or something like that
  2. Advanced resources (like Reaper51 said, something like Adamantium or Minerals, rare and placed on dangerous places full of looters/bandits)
  3. Captureable neutral buildings (thanks GhostThruster for mentioning Lotr and tleno: forts/redoubts for defensive positions, factories for creating unique units (like in Mutant Shafts C&C3), mines [silver? gold?] to earn money [per minute?], and maybe even Wonders which morale/aura-like bonusses?

Talking about that, I dislike the radar purpose a bit. See, there might be lots of other buildings that can be used for this purpose. Like shall we say SAM sites or any other tower can have huge detection and vision range. Radar should be more of... communications object. Shall we say you can use it to call down special abilities. If you don't like changing radar's purpose, you can combine both and use radar as both ability casting building and long-range detector. Like shall we say it can use abilities in the same range it detects units, and abilities can be supporting your troops in some way or useable against enemy. Kinda like melee game casters have three abilities that need research to be accesed. SO radars ban have thise researched research in them too.
This is how I imagine them:
1. Satelite scan. reveals area in AoE.
2. Propaganda. Buffs target unit to attack more zealously but decreases movement speed. Requires "Communications technologies", you can also think us with some kind of replacement to make the buff useable on buildings...
3. Artilery barrage. Requires all unit's mana, damages all units in AoE. Atack range is quite small but damage is quite good. Can be used for defencive purposes very well. Requires "Advanced Communications Technologies".
, nice ideas, I'll think about them. Probably add in one of the updates of the full version.

I also tough about somemkind of building that would sell special items, useable by all unit types but quite expensive, unit can carry only one of these and they are nerly like super-weapons, used to turn your soldiers into one man army. Of course, the price for this has to be quite big, about 2000-5000 maybe.
, well I've added a Merchant for the full version, it still sells simple items but I can give him some blackmarket kind of weapons (like in Deus Ex 2, blackmarket Augmentations).

Level 17
I've expanded the story of the map, do you guys like it?

Set in the future, the Earth is warming up and most areas already have been turned into deserts. There are still some places where some places on Earth, oases, where a people can live. But these oases are full of oil underground. The leaders of men (forming the Federation of Colonists) decided to place oil platforms and rigs to drill for oil, creating the beginning of the end of the last complex ecosystems of planet Earth but in order to build a large transport ship to seek out other planets. The Federation of Colonists won't hestitate to sacrifice Earth to save the human race.

Meanwhile, a group of robots are rebelling against men. Robots are treated badly and now that there are more intelligent robots, the robots have formed one big army: The Series 11. They believe that men are evil and will destroy the world if they won't be destroyed swiftly.

Seeing the weakening of men's armies, parasite-like aliens decided to launch a full scale war on men and the robots to take planet Earth as a breeding zone for their own race. These parasites, called the 'Nomads' won't stop till they slaughtered every men of Earth and destroyed every robot on the planet.

Intresting <3
, thanks

keep it up man I love this map and it better be amazing when its done
, will do :thumbs_up:

[K40$]-Spectre, any news on your new races?
, well the Robot is finished and will either be playable today or tomorrow. Progress on parasite-like race (called Nomads) still needs to begin. The Nomads will probably look like a mix of zerg and high tech technology but will work like the zerg and corpses will probably play a big role when playing with the Nomads.

Level 27
Well, I dislike human faction name. What about "Human Race Conservation Project force", the HRCPF?

Oh, and my as big C&C fans question: will there be super weapons for all factions?
You know, like giant robot for robots, Shield Generator for humans and gaint meteor and spore calling machine for aliens? You actually could build some kind of building that would bring you victory. Like the spaceship for humans, Sporal Atmosphere Infestor for aliens and Organic Lifeform Nulifier for robots.
Oh, may I give you a backstory I came up with? It's a bit edited version of your's.

Set in the future, the Earth is warming up because of sun becoming into red giant and greenhouse effect, caused by heavy industry and most areas already have became too hot to live. There are still some places where some places on Earth, oasises, where a people can live. These oases are full of oil underground. The leaders of people (forming the Federation of Colonists) decided to begin a major natural resource excavation project, creating the beginning of the end of the last complex ecosystems of planet Earth in order to build a large interstelar transport ship to seek out other planets. The Federation of Colonists won't hestitate to sacrifice Earth to save the human race.

Meanwhile, a group of robots are rebelling against humanity. Artificial mind of the robots became very advanced and independant, because of what they started to develop their own civilization, lead by Supercomputer Series 11 after which they named themselves. After humans decided that they can't let the machines behave so freely and tried to stop them, robots refused and started a full-scale war against all humans.

Because of global warming the planet Earth became suitable for aliens from outer space, called Nomads, that were watching the humans for a long time, so the Nomads sent their forces to anihilate humans to take planet Earth as a breeding zone for their own race. These parasites won't stop till they have slaughtered every men of Earth and destroyed every robot on the planet completely to freely breed their larvas to colonize other worlds, just like the Earth.

Level 3
hmm I was just thinking of what tleno said about shield generators maybe you could give the robots and humans that as a ultra ability but not one of the super ones? then give the nomads something to counter the shield? just a thought.

Level 17
I've send GhostThruster the map so he can make icons for the robot race, when I get the icons I will upload the full version. Anyways, there's always the possibility that the new version will have bugs and may be unbalanced, if so than just give me the feedback about it and I'll update it asap.

Changelog atm for the full version compared to the newest beta version
The extra Robot race 'The Series 11' has been added along with AI, the map has been increased so it can be played by 8 players, Federation of Colonists have a new worker the 'Artisan' (Mechanical Worker moved to Series 11 race), Merchant shop has been added, Gold Ore changed to Oil Platform and new creeps have been placed.
Well, I dislike human faction name. What about "Human Race Conservation Project force", the HRCPF?
, ok, guys/girls what do you think should be the name for the human race? (I'm to lazy to start a real poll :grin:)

Oh, and my as big C&C fans question: will there be super weapons for all factions?
You know, like giant robot for robots, Shield Generator for humans and gaint meteor and spore calling machine for aliens? You actually could build some kind of building that would bring you victory. Like the spaceship for humans, Sporal Atmosphere Infestor for aliens and Organic Lifeform Nulifier for robots.
:fp:
I've an idea, how about Oil to gain money and second resource Uraniumm to build nukes and chemicals bombs ,
, so yes (btw thanks for the ideas tleno :thumbs_up:). And I will probably also make titans for it.

Oh, may I give you a backstory I came up with? It's a bit edited version of your's.
, thank you, I've update the story with the backstory :infl_thumbs_up:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ss14.jpg

hmm I was just thinking of what tleno said about shield generators maybe you could give the robots and humans that as a ultra ability but not one of the super ones? then give the nomads something to counter the shield? just a thought.
, will take that into account, thanks for the idea

Level 11
Here are several names for the human race:
-the federation
-the confederacy
-the republic
-the empire
-the UTC (United Terran Colonists)
-the vanguard
-the corporation
-the alliance

Choose a name and modify it to your needs.

Level 17
theres different ones like:
-The Imperium
-The Human Empire
-The Human Systems Alliance
more I don't remember :D

&

Here are several names for the human race:
-the federation
-the confederacy
-the republic
-the empire
-the UTC (United Colonists Terran)
-the vanguard
-the corporation
-the alliance

Choose a name and modify it to your needs.
, thanks very much, I like 'UTC (United Terran Colonists)'.

Level 17
FOTS Federation Of The Sun

Mostly units who recharge stuff (basicly attack with mana) and you can make a building like Solar Recharge Center (wich gives mana regeneration to nearby units)
, you mean a mage like race? I had though of a mage race which had protoss like buildings and this kind of units -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/bloodpriest-blp-114760/?prev=search%3Dpriest%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20. But I don't know if it would fit the other races, thanks for the idea though.

Level 17
Federation of the Sun sounds like the Japanese Empire of the Rising Sun from Red Alert 3. Maybe you can make a race and based off a medieval Japanese Hierarchy.
, that's kind of hard I think, with the models I mean. I have seen some Japanese warrior models, but those were medieval. However maybe as a fourth race something like this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/utn-grenadier-53889/?prev=search%3Dgrenadier%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
It could be a support race, that it has much aircraft and works a lot with leader units but has weaker units (lower tech). Btw, maybe it's a bit to early to talk about a fourth race since first I still need probably remove bugs, make the full version more balanced and create the the Nomads.

Level 11
You know that thw is not the only place to get models.
I have many ways to get them, probably good get 2x the amount on thw.

On the other hand, low tech humans sound good, they should, use stealth and covert tactics. For example cloaked snipers or stealth generators like the sc2 mother ship.

Level 17
Oh, I tough about some kind of human rebels that are against the complete devasation of earth ecosystem. They would have lower tech level, so would have to concnetrate on more sneaky tactics to outmatch the other factions.
, yeah that's a good idea and fits the story (if there will be a fourth race, it will probably this)

On the other hand, low tech humans sound good, they should, use stealth and covert tactics. For example cloaked snipers or stealth generators like the sc2 mother ship.
, except for the stealth generators I like it, thanks

I can recommend you the www.xgm.ru , a Russian modding site. They have pretty good amount of great Warcraft 3 models. But watch out, there are WoW rip-offs and stolen models that are strictly foribden to use in your maps!
, yeah I know that site, but I've problem with the keywords. I don't know russian language so I use Chromo auto translator (don't know what it is called exactly) to translate the russian into english, and for searching I use google translation to c&p the russian words, but than I often find almost nothing (or is it that site isn't very large?).

You know that thw is not the only place to get models.
I have many ways to get them, probably good get 2x the amount on thw.
, could share them? :cute: (atm I know Hiveworkshop, www.xgm.ru, filefront [great for older models], campaigns, Starallience graphic artists and myself for cheap reskins in my maps :grin:)

Last edited:
Level 3
whens the final one (or what you said was the final version) going to be downloadable? sorry if im being impatient just want to see the new stuff. :grin:

Level 17
will you add THE CLONE RACE????
, maybe, don't know yet

whens the final one (or what you said was the final version) going to be downloadable? sorry if im being impatient just want to see the new stuff.
, the full version will downloadable as soon as GhostThruster sent me his icons for the robot race. I colored "final" red since it will definetely not be the last version. It however will be out of beta. I hope this clarified it :cwink:.

Wc3unlimited
Wc3revolutions
wc3c

Three that come to mind. Google them though. They are hosted by crappy free forum software.
, thanks very much +Rep

I'll get you the icons ASAP.
Robots sound kinda Skynetty to me... Which is good coz 67chrome released a Terminator skin! You should see that one. And you are allowed to use game rips in maps, but not upload them. And if you need more sites, here's what you do:
1.Move cursor to far right side of screen.
2.Scroll down to bottom of THW.

Level 3
[K40$]-Spectre;1643232 said:
, the full version will downloadable as soon as GhostThruster sent me his icons for the robot race. I colored "final" red since it will definetely not be the last version. It however will be out of beta. I hope this clarified it :cwink:.

ahh yes should of just said Full forgot its still will be a work in progress my bad but I hope its soon.

Level 17
I'll get you the icons ASAP.
Robots sound kinda Skynetty to me... Which is good coz 67chrome released a Terminator skin! You should see that one. And you are allowed to use game rips in maps, but not upload them. And if you need more sites, here's what you do:
1.Move cursor to far right side of screen.
2.Scroll down to bottom of THW.
, yes awesome skin (gave him +rep for it not so long ago :) ). Thanks for the info about rips and the links.

ahh yes should of just said Full forgot its still will be a work in progress my bad but I hope its soon.
, my bad too :p.

Level 27
Oh, here's my idea of the Eath Liberation Army:
They have low tech, most of their technology is about the same as our modern one. Beecause of lack of really efficient weapontry to counter other factions, they mostly use guerilla tactics and more more outdated types of warfare tactics.
Firstly, they workers are actually just humans, so they mine much less resources, but on other hand they have special portable transports to store the resources. Plus their workers may learn to cloak and become invisible. Some of their buildings my be cloakable or mobile too.
their infantry is armed with outdated types of guns, like AK47s, M16s and RPG-7s. YOu can also feel here a bit of GLA from C&C referance, that's because I really got inspired by it. thair main infantry has an assault rifle, plus may get molotovs and Medical packs (When used restore a bit of the units health over time). Other their type of units have rocket launchers, which makes tham good against vehciles. They have a special ability to passively give more damage to buildings and probably vehicles and to create Trenches in which infantry can hide. Yes, ELA uses trenches. trenches may use repir on themselves to repair themsleves but stop fighting. You can also use a special Trench ability that destroys the trench but gives back some of your cash you spend on it.

Their vehicles are a M1 Abrams tank and a Combat Buggy. Abrams is the only unit that can actually hold the enemy fire. He has the ability to repair itself but to stop fighting just like a trench, which helps to survive in battle, and ability to passively auto-attack with a machinegun all the surrounding units when ability is on and spends mana evry second when it's on. Abrams damage is quite low, but it has moderate speed and good amount of armor and HP. Combat Buggy is nearly opposite, it has the quite powerful armor piercing machinegun, good speed and low HP, but quite a good range. It's ability is to launch a missle hail in AoE, which makes it useful as hit and run artilery unit, and ability to revel an target area with binoculars, whuch makes it a good scouting unit too.

ELA aircrafts are quite intresting too. Their first aircraft is a non-human controlled invisible scouting aircraft that can ram into hostile aircrafts and demolish them, plus it has no attack and can detect cloacked units. Other one is a heavy helicopter, powerful but slow. But it has the ability to temporary increase the speed of movement and attack, plus it has passive ability to buff surrounding units.

ELA also has quite intresting augmentations for units. Soem of them might be consumeable, they may be dropable and these are more of equipment that some body modifications. Like there may be a camo suit, a night vision googles, a radio pack to communicate with headquarters...

Hope you like my conceot. I'll came up with more idea to it later...

Level 17
Oh, here's my idea of the Eath Liberation Army:
They have low tech, most of their technology is about the same as our modern one. Beecause of lack of really efficient weapontry to counter other factions, they mostly use guerilla tactics and more more outdated types of warfare tactics.
Firstly, they workers are actually just humans, so they mine much less resources, but on other hand they have special portable transports to store the resources. Plus their workers may learn to cloak and become invisible. Some of their buildings my be cloakable or mobile too.
their infantry is armed with outdated types of guns, like AK47s, M16s and RPG-7s. YOu can also feel here a bit of GLA from C&C referance, that's because I really got inspired by it. thair main infantry has an assault rifle, plus may get molotovs and Medical packs (When used restore a bit of the units health over time). Other their type of units have rocket launchers, which makes tham good against vehciles. They have a special ability to passively give more damage to buildings and probably vehicles and to create Trenches in which infantry can hide. Yes, ELA uses trenches. trenches may use repir on themselves to repair themsleves but stop fighting. You can also use a special Trench ability that destroys the trench but gives back some of your cash you spend on it.

Their vehicles are a M1 Abrams tank and a Combat Buggy. Abrams is the only unit that can actually hold the enemy fire. He has the ability to repair itself but to stop fighting just like a trench, which helps to survive in battle, and ability to passively auto-attack with a machinegun all the surrounding units when ability is on and spends mana evry second when it's on. Abrams damage is quite low, but it has moderate speed and good amount of armor and HP. Combat Buggy is nearly opposite, it has the quite powerful armor piercing machinegun, good speed and low HP, but quite a good range. It's ability is to launch a missle hail in AoE, which makes it useful as hit and run artilery unit, and ability to revel an target area with binoculars, whuch makes it a good scouting unit too.

ELA aircrafts are quite intresting too. Their first aircraft is a non-human controlled invisible scouting aircraft that can ram into hostile aircrafts and demolish them, plus it has no attack and can detect cloacked units. Other one is a heavy helicopter, powerful but slow. But it has the ability to temporary increase the speed of movement and attack, plus it has passive ability to buff surrounding units.

ELA also has quite intresting augmentations for units. Soem of them might be consumeable, they may be dropable and these are more of equipment that some body modifications. Like there may be a camo suit, a night vision googles, a radio pack to communicate with headquarters...

Hope you like my conceot. I'll came up with more idea to it later...
, I love it, especially the mobile buildings is a freaking awesome idea +rep if I can. The only thing I don't like is that they have stealth, stealth is pretty high tech plus the Series 11 (robots) is already a stealth race (or atleast I think it is). Talking about stealth, would it be possible to make a Stealth Generator (like in C&C) in warcraft 3?

One more thing, I've begin working on the Nomads. They probably won't be playable yet in next version but in that one after it. Anyway, is this a good idea?:

Nomads begin with a structure called the Overmind which works like a town hall but when it's destroyed the owner is defeated. Additional Overminds cannot be build but the Nomads can build Lairs which work exactly the same except for the defeat condition and Lairs don't have that much health as Overminds.

Level 11
How about once you kill a nomad, it splits into two smaller corpses that attack. Use the hydra ability for that. Stealth Generators can be done with triggers. Once the stealth generator structure is complete, create a region centered on it that makes all units and buildings invisible. Once the stealth generator destroyed, remove the effect and the region.

Level 27
Overmind should also have an attack and more health.

You know, then the ELA may not be stealth race, just... like I mentioned alreay. Then if you want it can be a high mobility hit-and-run race.
talking about their defences, I tough about a bunker where soldiers can hide and attack like orc burrows and maybe some kind of stinger site like in C&C G...

Status
Not open for further replies.