• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 19
Eh if the arrogance of the Golden tin heads has one benefit to it, it would be that their pride alone would not let them being controlled by demons, through out the human books we have never seen Golden Guards being manipulated by demons
They were corrupted by the undead in Toran´s capital. So they can be controlled by external forces.

Also, it´s just a theory. Maybe Prideblade knew that he had to take control of the Dragon Regiment once his father leave the army, and didn´t became a proper golden guard prideful arrogant bastard, making him the perfect target for the manipulation of the demons, destroying a regiment and weakening his enemies.

Level 29
My review of Chapter Two of Act Three:
-I am suprised that the Redfist never considered enlisting the Knights of Kome for their anti-orc crusade.
-I chose the Skullblade Clan
-I like those guerrila-fighting style from the Boar Regimet. Though it is kind of ironic that their regiment is named after boars and not some animal that is known for its stealth, such as a snake, a mantis or an owl.
-Is it "Bountyhunter" or "Bounty Hunter"?
-Pity that we don't get dialogue from the Wolf Regiment.
-I find it weird that Grandmaster Theoden has a death animation that involves a unholy skull leaving his corpse before fading away. Or perhaps he is Aridon's agent? XD
-You should probably make some changes in the dialogue. Vanessa talks about not all humans being evil, and the example she gives is concerning dwarves.
-Zairmak's point kind of falls short once you remember what the orc clans have been doing for the past centuries. "They killed our warriors and even non-combatants." Well, yeah, and what about all those villages you pillaged? Did you allow the civilians to evacuate?
-Grofzag had made a very good point. Too bad that the current Dwarven King lost his brother at the hands of orcs and will join forces with the Redfist
-So we rescue a prisoner that says "maybe humans aren't all that bad" and another that says "humans are despicable". It will be a lot of awkward for the two of them being in the same room
-Ok, I never understand this logic in these missions. We attack a very well defended fortress, the defenders will say that they will fight till the last man, and then after the battle is over, somehow some of them survived and fled. How did these guys managed to survive and escape from a fortress that was being overrun by bloodthirsty orcs?

Level 16
So, here is my review regarding Siege of Kome:
-I chose Skullblade clan; the orcs taming murlocs and serpents is now canon. That would be a nice addition to the orcs.
-Boar regiment plays in full stealth mode, and it was likable. Each unit being endowed with permanent invisibility is a nice choice. Also, they remind more of satyrs/Riki in their fighting mode. Maybe also giving some units (such as hunters or bounty hunters) a chance to deal backstab damage? There should be some sort of boars (perhaps tamed pig men) to assist them to further make the name of this regiment eligible. Otherwise, names like: Serpent/Fox regiment would suit better.
-The forgemaster's deals really helped...
-This mission is monstrous in hard difficulty. Like, it took three new forward bases to fully clash toe to toe with knights, and their attacks are hella nasty. Even Rath's reinforcements won't suffice and are only a minor distraction. And that's what made this mission feel like a win after playing :ogre_hurrhurr:
-Therin Hammerfall: the relative of Zarin and Mordin? If he survived the siege, maybe some dwarves would join Gardon as the part of rebuilt order. Though the likelihood is low.
-Sori'yan (forgot the name xD) the Elegant: if she survived the siege, then we are gonna get more elven allies, and yeah knights having elves really gives a variety. Another go for Ironfist elves, yeay.
-Can Theodon's death animation lack its skull spirit leaving? Perhaps... he is a double agent?
-Ah, some dwarves working with orcs... Vanessa clearly can be an ambassador between Salrians and oathed dwarves. Just a flight of fancy.
-Inara: finally she returns, and now she is a proper hero! I bet she is gonna be gladiatress/assassin type hero in future missions. Perhaps she will survive and replace Rath as a leader. Perhaps, she will be prominent enough to be included in the character sheet.
-Wolf regiment clearly needs to be under the protection of Gardon lest they be vanquished by Darkmind's wrath.
-And yeah, another great mission so far! The end of the first book era is coming, and about six or seven chapters to go to finally reach the conclusion. Good job! :ogre_haosis:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
-I am suprised that the Redfist never considered enlisting the Knights of Kome for their anti-orc crusade.
Funny you'd mention that.
There will be a split in the order later, it was "hinted" at subtlety in the opening cinematic.
Some knights will want to go after the Orcs while the others will want to fight for the future of the Kingdoms.
That and well not abandon the man who literally is the only reason why they will be able to rebuild.
-Zairmak's point kind of falls short once you remember what the orc clans have been doing for the past centuries. "They killed our warriors and even non-combatants." Well, yeah, and what about all those villages you pillaged? Did you allow the civilians to evacuate?
Zairmak is showing his orcy side here. ;)
-Ok, I never understand this logic in these missions. We attack a very well defended fortress, the defenders will say that they will fight till the last man, and then after the battle is over, somehow some of them survived and fled. How did these guys managed to survive and escape from a fortress that was being overrun by bloodthirsty orcs?
A castle is quite large and also having many tiny corridors and stuff. I don't add these things to the maps
because let's be honest they would mess up pathing of both your units and the AI and also be kinda annoying
terrainwise to both create and look at.
Some knights lost conciousness and found their cause lost when they regained it. Others were outside of the castle.
Hunting them all down would have stretched the orcish forces too thin when they needed their full power to keep pushing.
Plus Castle Kome was a very mighty fortress and not all Orcs have experience with attacking such powerful fortifications - a
point that, as you may recall from the Second Orc Book, is brought up by Vanessa later. Finally, remember who was (theoretically)
in charge of the siege: Sasrogarn. Do I need to say anything else? :p
-Therin Hammerfall: the relative of Zarin and Mordin? If he survived the siege, maybe some dwarves would join Gardon as the part of rebuilt order. Though the likelihood is low.
Joining Gardon would be betrayal of the High King when the conflict between the Golden Guard and the Ironfist so...
-Inara: finally she returns, and now she is a proper hero! I bet she is gonna be gladiatress/assassin type hero in future missions. Perhaps she will survive and replace Rath as a leader. Perhaps, she will be prominent enough to be included in the character sheet.
She will have a role to play indeed.

Level 19
Holy shit this chapter drove me crazy:
-Hortnog calling Vanessa Nessi... pls Shar dont kill Hortnog, that was hella cute.
-I chose Goldaxe clan, from what i remember in Lord of the Clans their units were super strong, and they are. I took skullblade later, the fishmen were even stronger...
-Having an 240 army at the beginning helps a lot dealing with forward bases, both the knights outpost and the wolves one were easy. But i lost all of them in the tiny corridor at the castle.
-The boar regiment was a pain in the ass, even without attack waves. I suppose they really are worth the effort.
-Thank you, the dwarven base didn´t sent attack waves, i was having a hard time against those knights and the elves. Also they were some ironfist overseers
-The necrolites are the key to beat this mission, leaving the least amount of corpses to ressurrect.
-Maybe you should add some sort of mechanism to turn off the elven walls AFTER you defeat them. Maybe.
-The elven hero was really interesting, not because gameplay or set, but because is another general who wants to improve the elven military. Therefore joining the knights of Kome, although i thought that most of the elves didn´t even care about the orcs. Now i´ll feel bad for Teran in the future.

About the final cinematic.
-We can clearly see two sides: The ones who want to kill everyone (Sas, Rath) and the ones who want to get the best position for the orcs invasion (Nessi, Grofzag, Hortnog and Zairmak)
-Some of The dwarves will left the orcs alone after this, but they´ll join the golden guard and redfist anyway so.
-Inara will be the new darkmind leader after Rath demise, maybe even betray him.
-Inara blamed Glen but he wanted to say Gardon. They are so similar, both starts with G.
-So the knights of Kome started to rebuild their order now, before Genethas´s betrayal and before the Golden Guard arrive, not later. That makes sense.
-I was expecting something about the Hammer of Kome, like that Grofzag found it and Sasrogarn take it because he was the general or something.

This was even funnier than the last time. Really nice map Shar.

-So we rescue a prisoner that says "maybe humans aren't all that bad" and another that says "humans are despicable". It will be a lot of awkward for the two of them being in the same room
3 heroes in each side and Zairmak in the middle, being mostly neutral.

Maybe a distant relative, or just a hammerfall like the clan. Therin from the Hammerfall dwarves.
-Ah, some dwarves working with orcs... Vanessa clearly can be an ambassador between Salrians and oathed dwarves. Just a flight of fancy.
That would be treason, their high king said to defend their lands against the orcs. No embassy.
-Wolf regiment clearly needs to be under the protection of Gardon lest they be vanquished by Darkmind's wrath.
They´ll be vanquish by the dominion anyway, so those who join Gardon will be safe.

Some knights will want to go after the Orcs
... We´ll fight both Redfist forces and Knights of Kome?

Finally, remember who was (theoretically)
in charge of the siege: Sasrogarn. Do I need to say anything else?
Both Zairmak and Rath had their forces there too. I can´t blame Sasrogarn on this one.

Level 10
Had to abort my Phase 2 of the Siege for now. I think The Darkmind Clan might be in need of a fix of some sort here, because their AI is helping the Knights even more that that crazy Ranger with the Starfall (It's cheating, Elves outside the Ironfist are supposed to be pansies), dang closet Redfist groopies they are. These idiots obsess over the towers of the Knights on the inner wall and the Dwarves, so not only their attack waves become useless once Phase 1 with the Outer bases is over, but they also draw in attack waves from the Knights and Theoden, which kills off any chance of pushing through the twin waves of the Fist and the Elves.

That point aside, the siege is a fun map, and you feel the scale of the battle. I chose Goldaxe for the army. The numbers of troops here are pretty good, and the widespread Pillage helps giving a huge boost to the economy as the outer bases burn. Although one try of the Skullblade later might be in order.

Level 10
Are you using "iseedeadpeople"?

I did the first time, but even after playing the map without it, one shot of Catapult is enough to trigger the obsession, or getting just too close of the inner wall for its towers to shoot after the Catapults are destroyed and they just have to hug that dang wall like it was a friend and not a dispenser of pointy death. I tried to see how they behave without the towers in a throwaway save (whosyourdaddy might or not have been used to make the test not a time sink), and they just focus on the Dwarfs afterwards. At least in this case they aren't attracting Theoden's attention upon me.

Level 20
Played through the chapter, first thing first no mouses or keyboards were harmed this time @Shar Dundred

It was a fun chapter, a little bit challenging, but nothing out of the ordinary, kind disappointed that the wolf and boar regiment did not have heros, id love to see what the commanders of those regiments would look like,

ALSO I had never thought the day where Sasrogarns kit would be useful that bloody idiot and his wolfs are perfect to trigger the mine traps of the elves.

Now on to the implications, Rath is still as edgy as they come and that Inara girl...She threw more fuel to the fire, loving it the Rath Hortnog dynamic one is a raging powder keg and the other is as calm as they come, Also hortnog... Dude is a Gold axe to the heart, homeboy "gifts" a golden armor to Vanessa and then goes to her old man demanding Cash.

Grofzag is really maturing as a character, not even is he a skilled fighter but a capable diplomat, he managed to disarm Zarimaks arguments about killing the dwarf prisoners in an instant with his reasoning and also backing up Vanessa smth Rangul would have wanted.

Zarimak is like that old grumpy grandfather... He still kinda salty they got shafted by the knights, while totally sweeping to the side the fact that they were the aggressors and were colonizing human land, well he might seem wise and sage-like at first but he seems to be just as vengeful as Rath he just got that old age calmness to help him not get himself in trouble unlike that gillette loving boy Rath.

Now into this new character, Inara girl, well... Kinda funny that the wolf regiment were the ones that messed her up and then told her it was Blen that ordered them...And considering how much blackwolf hates Blen I would have said she was Grooming Inara as an assassin to send after Blen now that might come to bite her in the ass, or it could be that Gardon got involved and we all know what Gardon does when he gets involved, to soon to determine what her fate and role would be.

Now onto Vanessa, well I got what a wished some more flair to her, it seems she and Hortnog got smth with each-other however in terms of her having any real political weight into the orc politics or taking a more bold and direct approach when it comes to speaking her mind she is still very much the same, she still got bullied by Zarimak and needed Grofzag's help to deal with him...Eh hopefully this true story of Arkain treats Vanessa more fairly, for a character that will shape the Dominion with her decision she all but vanished in the second orc book being reduced to like 2 or 3 chapters of screen time, not mentioning the redfist ending that was just for the memes, even though a part of me wished that was the true ending of the orcs.

Level 19
ALSO I had never thought the day where Sasrogarns kit would be useful that bloody idiot and his wolfs are perfect to trigger the mine traps of the elves.
The elves had mine traps? I thought the magical walls were the only extra defense.

Level 19
You know I hid a Gem of True-Seeing on the map to help with those?
We play as Orc commanded by Sasrogarn, we just charge in and floded the fortress with corpses. No tactics just face

he purple exploding things I accidently triggered em with my wolfs so I used the wolfs as scouts to pretty much face tank em.
The darkmind clan on my chapter just run past the left Knights of Kome base to the elven base, i suppose during that distraction most of the mines exploded or something.

Level 6
Alright, I'm dumb

Where's the Gem of True seeing? I used the vision cheat to try and find it but it still ain't turning up anywhere before the elven base

Level 6
Hmm, seems like there's some of them I missed then, I'll open up the save again and look for em

That, or the item got destroyed by the catapults before I could see it

Level 29
My review of Chapter Three of Act Three:

-Damn I was expecting for Rahandir to give a remark to Galareth about the latter allowing Largoth to flee.
-It is a pity that the Scourge unit only has Disease Cloud. If they had more plague-based abilities, they could be very good in DPS.
-Ok, I know this is part of the game, but how can Poison affect Spirit Legionnaires and Scourges? They are literally floating living armors! Is the poison corrosive?
-And with that last quote from Galareth, he already had more character development than most other characters till this point. XD
-Not much to say about this mission. Besides a few changes, it is pretty much the same as the one from the First Undead Book. There could be more Optional Quests, such as killing all the corrupted beings from the forest, the Ironfist or even the imprisoned Forgotten Ones.

Level 10
I just finished the latest chapter... And I'm not sure of how intended it was, but man was it fun to use Saphira's Charm all across the map for that one. I had an army of pretty much everything except the Forgotten by the end. A... Forgetting Aridoz will quickly correct. And welp, it made for a pretty fun sight when that army curbstomped the boss at the end. Again, perhaps not the intended way to do that map, but this approach was lots of fun nonetheless

Level 16
So, here is the review of the most recent map:
-Ah, Galareth instead of Fleshtearer. Fits more with the theme of exterminating alien species and subsequently using their remains to construct new undead abominations. His hex and chain of death came in handy quite well, especially in Raszar boss fight.
-Use Saphira's charm well enough to steal certain units like overseer cuz of regen aura. That would build a nice little army though all of them will perish in Raszar encounter.
-Aridon's comment regarding 'treekin' is fitting, and yeah, another magic branch, druidism, seems to be explored more in the future.
-The Forgotten would make a nice addition to the Ardoz nexus. Wonder how diverse the creations this nexus would make... The pity that Raszar died completely instead of having a chance to be 're-disciplined' in undeath. Galareth's newfound obsession is understandable.
-Scourge's disease cloud should be changed, imo. It is obviously not a fleshly abomination, hha.
-Can't wait to play Margazar in the future. The mission of him infiltrating demon lands would be a nice concept.

Level 19
Chapter Three, Act Three:
-Our old bud Galareth is back. I suppose it makes sense, the Fleshtearer need some extra corpses, so bringing him to a no base mission wouldn´t be smart
-I think this mission is even easier than the last time, having Saphira´s charm from the start makes it easier, taking even the initial bearmen like the elder helps a lot with rejuv and fairie fire.
-I hoped to play with more of the splicer nexus elites, not just the Spirit Leggionare (new kit without curse makes him a stronger foe if micro properly) and the scourge.
-No logs with info about the ironfist/forgotten?
-So Druidism is now a thing? maybe the keeper of the grove model couldn appear in the future then.
-Unlike the Rahandir fight, this one was a piece of cake
-So Margazar was indeed a undead demon, i thought that would be revamped too.
-Yes Galareth, you love to experiment with the enemies but keep it to yourself, at least he properly apologized to his master.
-It is a pity that the Scourge unit only has Disease Cloud. If they had more plague-based abilities, they could be very good in DPS.
Same thought, it felt underwhelming after seeing the fire one.
-Use Saphira's charm well enough to steal certain units like overseer cuz of regen aura. That would build a nice little army though all of them will perish in Raszar encounter.
Yes, but once you reach the boss with a couple of bearman, demons, spiders and the most useful units of the ironfist, they are a great wall while you nuke Raszar.

Really nice chapter Shar.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Just fyi, the update I am working on has Charm already disabled for this chapter. :p
That one is a leftover from the FUB version.

I don't really want to give Saphira a different ult but at the same time abilities
like Charm and Possession can be a bit annoying when it comes to AI. Could
alternatively use some triggers and/or AI shenanigans to fix it though.

And yeah, the boss fight was too easy but don't worry. I will ask Rahandir for some magic.
I know how much y'all would love that. ;)

-No logs with info about the ironfist/forgotten?
:peasant-wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After studying the script, I have noticed an oversight on my part: Act Three, in its
original concept, would have way too many micro missions. I am mixing it up a bit, nothing lore
changing though. I am not sure why I even planned to move a certain Orc mission to Act Four
to begin with...
And yes, I can already hear you typing, Aedale will be back soon, jeez... ;P
I'm not satisfied with the Purge of the Pearl in retrospect, maybe I will make the Ironfist more
active in their own pursuits.

And yes, I am aware of the current public status of the Scourge unit, I read your posts. :p

Level 29
Alright, I replayed the new third Chapter of Act Three.
-The new addition of a timer, of reaching the Forgotten One's leader before the Ironfist did, was a good idea. Though here is a suggestion:
-- We could be given the choice of attacking the Ironfist's base. By attacking their base, the Ironfist could be forced to divert time and men to deal with the Undead. This could work in many ways: for example, we could have to endure occasional Ironfist attacks, even if we were to stop attacking them. Due to this, the Ironfist would attack the Forgotten Ones less often.
-- Another alternative. If we destroy the Ironfist' base, their attacks on the Forgotten Ones would cease and we could focus on the actual Main Quest without worrying about time. Killing two birds with one stone.

Level 16
Just checked on the update:
-In Slaves of the Demons mission, Ancient Blacksmithing was researchable but it gave no armor to lesser revenants. So, it should be fixed.
-Ironfist's involvement now makes sense. Yeah, the timer really adds pressure to the mission. Raszar boss fight is nice and very deadly, especially sans the Charm. There is an idea: What about destroying the ironfist base that gives some undead units? (maybe remaining revenants of Splecir nexus such as heralds, lifescorchers etc.) I think Splecir should be given more love xD. And yeah, this will also give more variety in the boss fight. I think destroying the base should have some sort of "reward" since it is a pretty large one. Wonder how many Forgotten frankeinsteins will be playable to us in the next mission...
-So, here are the remaining missions: -Aedale and Salomar's trip/+ bonus mission where Aedale merges with Lisara.
-Rangul and Vanessa mission /+ new mission regarding the purge of orc leadership by the undead. The former or the latter could be cut though not so sure.
-The Possessed where we played as Krom; and this time as Rohir nexus/ maybe someone like Mordin and/or Lady Meya. Since it is a tunnel mission, however, it could be cut.
-Zarin and Salana mission.
-The last mission where we probably play as human/orc/undead. From human perspective, maybe from Ironfist's side in Pearl of Lor or defense from Imperial army at the border, though the latter is unlikely. Wew: so close to the end of FB era. Good luck, Shar. :ogre_haosis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
What about destroying the ironfist base that gives some undead units? (maybe remaining revenants of Splecir nexus such as heralds, lifescorchers etc.) I think Splecir should be given more love xD.
The splicer nexus is Aridon's Elite Nexus they are probably hard top reanimate, so maybe getting rohir Nexus undead or even normal undead would make more sense.

Rangul and Vanessa mission /+ new mission regarding the purge of orc leadership by the undead. The former or the latter could be cut though not so sure.
I think the orcs wont lose any chieftains before the Battle but against the humans and Demons, that could be cut.

-The Possessed where we played as Krom; and this time as Rohir nexus/ maybe someone like Mordin and/or Lady Meya. Since it is a tunnel mission, however, it could be cut.
That could be the introduction of Mordin in the first books fighting against his former kind.

I'm looking forward the final orc mission with the crazy assault to the imperial border.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
A little heads up regarding upcoming chapters:
Act Three will have four more chapters before it is completed.
Each race will get at least one - I will let you wonder who the last one will go to. ;)
Originally I intended to add the chapter with Aaron & the Order of the Bleeding but I am under
the impression that I can use the cinematic at the end of the act to tell the most important events.
I considered reworking it into a macro version (for the second half), removing the Goldaxe and giving
the Order of the Bleeding a base there along with the one they already had but I do not feel like
the chapter is important enough - yes, it has Progaderas but he will find other places to die in, I am sure.
He's kinda an expert in dying, isn't he?

Don't worry though, there is still some nice stuff you have never seen before en route. :)

Level 20
Had a go at it with the chapter, nothing much changed from the original version with exception of the added timer, the chapter is a bit tedious as you have to find a balance between going slow and methodical and not losing units and also beat the timer.

Also I like the choice that is implied on this chapter, we can take the easier root with less exp and loot or we can assault the Iron fist base which its kinda harder but yields more exp and loot, one thing I noticed...In this chapter our hero units are so overloaded with CC abilities the poor boss in the end got perma cc-ed, stun, silence, hex, stun and repeat while I don't mind the fact that for once we had the upper hand over the AI its still takes the fun out of the end boss fight.

Also no fleshtearer Sadnoises

Also shameless plug here the newest poll for the characters of arkain thread is online so if any of you peeps would like to be involved into a more lore directed discussion around characters of the arkain I'd very much like to invite you to join our discussion.
You can find the thread here Characters of Arkain [SPOILER]

Level 19
Act Three will have four more chapters before it is completed.
Each race will get at least one - I will let you wonder who the last one will go to.
It seems that we´ll get the Aedale+Salomar trip and then the final mission on each of the factions.
-The undead slaughtering the bloodrinker legion
-The orcs attacking the imperial lines
-The fight between Gardon and Genethas

I can use the cinematic at the end of the act to tell the most important events.
So most of the other fights and Aaron´s will be in the final cinematic, Nice.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Let's take a look at the next chapter, shall we?
full

Level 19
Act 3 Chapter 4.

-This one was quite different, i wasn´t expecting a map where Krom has to assassinate the minor clans chieftains, instead i thought the bloodhand clan would try to convince the minor clans to subdue to them.
-So the plan with the orcs was that they fight the demons to weaken them and not the humans, luckily the orcs do what they want and fight the humans and then are defeated by the demons.
-So the goldaxe clan pretty much kill the 3 chieftains and took control of them, who could be the leader of the goldaxe¿?.
-This map encourages to explore before fighting, i had to wait a long time to heal because i tried to enter through the main entrances.
-The bits of conversation shows that not all the orcs are stupid but most of them just follow orders.
-So the blackrazor clan was going to be a major clan but then a "false prophet" divide them. The divine one they are talking may be Bryan (you know, because if the blackrazor was a major clan they´ll have threathen Rangul and the orcs wouldn´t attack the borders).

So this map caught me off guard but anyway was good. Good work Shar!

Level 10
-So the blackrazor clan was going to be a major clan but then a "false prophet" divide them. The divine one they are talking may be Bryan (you know, because if the blackrazor was a major clan they´ll have threathen Rangul and the orcs wouldn´t attack the borders).

Speaking of a 'Divine One'... Wasn't there a pack of Orcs in the Underground for SUB also worshipping a 'Divine One' and its undead servants? Or these people in Toran you purge with the Ironfist when Brian appears for the first time? At the same time, 'Fate in the Kingdoms'... Either Aridon's cannon fodder, or Amari's future Dominion.

Level 19
Wasn't there a pack of Orcs in the Underground for SUB also worshipping a 'Divine One' and its undead servants?
Yep but that divine one hates the orcs. The other one kinda likes them.

At the same time, 'Fate in the Kingdoms'... Either Aridon's cannon fodder, or Amari's future Dominion
Yep, It depends which divine one they workship.

I want to know more about both the bloodhand and the goldaxe clans.

Level 29
My review of Chapter 4 of Act 3:
-YES! At long last we can play the assassination chapter!
-It would be cool for an Optional Quest to destroy the clans' supplies. That could delay the orcs' movement even further
-So the Goldaxe Clan controls 3 clans. How are the other clans ok with this?
-A pity that the chieftains are simply slightly larger grunts. Imagine each of them having at least an unique ablity to make them harder to kill, which could make them as some sort of mini-bosses.
-It is also a pity that the orc units don't vary that much from clan to clan.
-The red base at the south could send some occasional patrols around the time the 3rd chieftain gets killed. Just an idea.
-I wonder if the Slavemonger Clan wonders if Vanessa is secretly a slave to Rangul.
-That grunt from the Hideflayer Clan will surely be pissed if he lives long enough to find out that Rath sent many of the new recruits to their deaths out of a desire to kill Greymore. I am sure that many of the minor clans, if they managed to survive till the Second Book, would be annoyed that they were forced to send some of their own members to join the Darkmind Clan, and many would die for nothing.
-It would be funny if Krom decided to release that prophet just to cause more unrest. Who knows, with the chieftain dead, he could take over the clan. By the way, it is sad that said chieftain wasn't even given a name.
-I get the feeling that the prophet is an agent of Brian, as a way to prepare the orcs for Amari's idea for the Dominion.

Last edited:
Level 16
The review abounds:
-Quite a quick mission, and, yeah, assassination-themed mission at last. The caution is massively needed, natheless, as the bases of Goldaxe-loyal orcs would confuse you in the darkness (even leading to the dangerous sentry wards and raiders who will ensnare and rip thy hero's bones apart.)
-Finally, it's confirmed all major chieftain will live up to the SB era despite Aridon's lack of favor. Seems most of the characters will be fleshed out for good.
-I wonder how Krom as a melee hero would do in combat... Perhaps, it would be nice for Krom to assassinate chieftains more... forcefully. He would better have more strength to clash with the brute strength of orcs if there is any plan of switching his bow to melee. 😛 (as a matter of choice, of course)
-Ishzog... another important character for orcs? The prophet-themed hero he would become should he be made a proper character. He favors Kingdoms??? Well, Amari would better recruit him to peacekeep in Salria along with Vanessa should there be more humans willing to join Tribal Dominion. In sum, he is the exact opposite of Zairmak, now it resembles. Is he cough another of the disciples of Shadowy Friend??? Guess Brian really wants Human and Orc brotherhood to form.
-Krom should have brought Ejara orcs to specifically mock Hideflayer clan...
-Undead vs Orcs is the battle rarely touched on in Warcraft history. Let's hope there will be an open field massive battle between them, excluding war against Bonelords...
-It's getting interesting. Good luck, Shar.🔥