• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 19
Arnos and Dornos.
More of the Skeleton Legion commanders, so they actually work separated, instead of a big chunk of armies like their leaders. They have the same bones but in different places? that seems weird. I mean maybe one have a leg where an arm should be or something like that.

Mordin. I feel bad, really bad about this new commander. I knew the undead need a dwarf commander but Mordin... i dont know, it just seems bad for me.
Maybe Mordin is the one commanding the undead forces that help gardon, fighting his own brother in that battle, that would be... Strange nonetheless.

That or he will send him to prevent Zyainor from invading the Dwarven caves.
I think the reason that Zyainor dont invade the dwarven kingdom is because they dont need them, for now. Also Zyainor have enemies everywhere and must focus their operations.

Wait, so this guy caused nightmares while being dead? Impressive...
Never understimate a Dwarf who wants revenge. Never.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Mordin. I feel bad, really bad about this new commander. I knew the undead need a dwarf commander but Mordin... i dont know, it just seems bad for me.
Bad because you killed him a few times or because him finding no peace is just cruel?
Maybe Mordin is the one commanding the undead forces that help gardon, fighting his own brother in that battle, that would be... Strange nonetheless.
It would tear the two Dwarves apart inside.

Level 16
Another surprises. So, here is my review:
-Ornas & Dornas: I thought Scarec was complete with Bonelords and Krom commanding. I was wrong. And holy shit! These skeleton commanders look creepy, and even assembled from bones of different creatures. Technically skeleton version of undead abomination. I think they will lead and maintain Scarec after the defeat of bonelords. I wonder how Cathedral of Bones looks like. If it's a really ornate bone church, it would be lovely. And preaching for the day of judgment... I smell major Inquisiton and crusader vibe. Bones are nice, but flesh is a true beauty sometimes xD. Maybe they will participate in Salria arctic mountain where we play as Meya and Krom. It would be a fitting wish-granting for them. From what I've read, the one would look like skeleton dragon-winged or hind-legged with human skull, orc femur, nerubian extra limbs, ogre rib-caged etc.
-Mordin: I had a feeling he was gonna play a part. You didn't forget him, finally. And finally major undead dwarf. That man anguished so much in afterlife. I think it was a cruel fate of him to die alongside his men and elves in a doomed expedition. I get an impression Saphira and him will get along pretty well as both fought together, both died in same expedition, and both subsequently became undead. He will probably lead Rohir dwarves to intercept invasion of Dwarven lands, or maybe help Gardon along with Saphira and Krom with full force of Rohir nexus. Zarin would probably get heartbreak by seeing him in this state, but at least Mordin serves his purpose in death. I wonder if Aridon will use Mordin to damp the rage of Zarin during entrapment of Rangul and Ephrog, or further emulate his hatred...

Level 19
Bad because you killed him a few times or because him finding no peace is just cruel?
Arkain is pretty much like the Darkest Dungeon universe, everybody is fucked and no one is happy.
So him finding no peace is just normal, even more after the things the new undead characters portraits.
It would tear the two Dwarves apart inside.
So that´s pretty much a yes.

I get an impression Saphira and him will get along pretty well as both fought together, both died in same expedition, and both subsequently became undead.
They both served their purpose dying there. Aridon foresaw that Our glorious leader Volarian would kill the orcs and take the scepter of healing.
So instead of giving to him directly, he did it indirectly. Because he knew that the dwarves (and Zarin in particular) would want revenge against the orcs.

Level 22
I'm uncertain how to feel about Arnos and Dormos. Considering the Bonelords will most likely get permanently destroyed by the Dominion, they may just end up as their replacements in a future 2nd invasion of Salria and not much more. ( They'll most likely want revenge for the deaths of their masters and Aridon may grant that wish)
I hope I'm wrong and they develop into something much more unique, but for me, they didn't make the best first impression.

Seeing Mordin back is good. His previous role was on the more disappointing side, but now he can make that up for that.

Level 16
The next characters to be added should be demon characters imo. Tobadion of Dreamhunter (i forgot his legion xD), Morganur of Blooddrinker, and Nysara of Souleater are nice candidates. Will they be added? As for humans, what about commander Fox, Thorn, and Zelech?

Level 20
@Shar Dundred My man ratata at least its useful as an HM slave, that good for nothing lightning shield bot Sasrogan doesn't even deserve to be compared to ratata...Also does this lil joke of yours hits at future characters? Inara is a name i haven't heard so far in Arkain.

Level 19
Either is the orc captive by the wolf regiment (the one that is the reverse Vanessa) or Praxeus companion after the golden guard vs Ironfist battle.

Level 16
Either is the orc captive by the wolf regiment (the one that is the reverse Vanessa) or Praxeus companion after the golden guard vs Ironfist battle.
Orc lady- Inara
Succubus in the guise of Angelic- Nysara (Ebira's underling)

Aye for real could be the orc lady taken prisoner by the wolf regiment.
Imagine orc fighting for humans. Quite an odd sight for orckind, wouldn't it? She would fight with humans' guile and subtlety.

Level 20
@Ecstasy49

Orcs aren't that enlightened yet, give it time they will eventually evolve out of their tribal caveman brain...Eventually. I mean they have to they are literally dying off.

Level 10
Small optional challenge/side quest suggestion for the Rise of the Clans:
Rangul: Help Rath absorb the minor clans before destroying the 3 major clans (all minor clan fortresses destroyed)
Rath: Destroy the Red base for thinking you weak
Dogran: Dont let Rath destroy a single minor clan fortress before Rangul plays you off to join him. (Call this one a "Reliable contractor")

Lore excuse for them:
Rangul: show to everyone that you are willing to put the needs of your allies before your own ambition
Rath: show everyone that you are still very much in the game and nobody should dare call you weak, no matter what
Dogran: demonstrate that, once paid, you will see the contract through (unless someone else pays you better)

Level 2
Vail model is blue and ugly I don't like her, she appears out of nowhere and becomes queen immediately.
Scarlett Retka it's much cooler has better spells than Cora Redfist, sometimes you make better characters and then kill them for the stupid ones, that's why the canon sucks.

Larine the Exile is the same new characters in the second book and the old ones are killed or forgotten like Salana, nothing pissed me off like the unwanted killing of Salana and playing anew through my ignorance and stupidity -.-'

I only play it because of one or two characters, and I really like it because I'm involved in their story :) :) :)

In my opinion, the best 5 characters in the series.
Gardon - he is cool because he does what he wants everyone listens to him he is not prejudiced against certain things like dark arcana or dragons although he still has a prejudice against demons, our hero in black armor and he has a dog :)
Harmos - wisdom and equanimity, has the coolest fire squads.
Volarian - he didn't fuck he killed an orc chief as he deserved, the strongest fighter of the human kingdoms and full of fury :)
Salana - I like her that's why I always help her, my favorite elf hero :p
Scarlett Retka - it's great when we get a powerful companion from the royal family during the war and recruit her into our sherries, such a typical destructive mage, in addition she does not have to consume anyone she is already powerful, not what this weakling Cora is -.-'

In my opinion, the worst 5 characters in the series.
Larine - some peasant from exile her character is more suited to a dark elf, the worst thing can be that an exile becomes a queen, wicked and false, we are witnesses that she is the only one who gets to Gardon ;-; I'm gonna vomit.
Cora - the weakling and Aedale's copy gains the power by absorbing it from others, yeah shadow magician in pirate costume pfff.
Salomar - in the second book, I don't seem to be smart as a traitor and not too brave :/
Vail - appears as a blue monster and becomes the most important character in the story, but what should I dislike :( I hope she will soon die :)
Renova - stupid woman gave her childs to a lich, what a mother would do that?, rulers can secure the fate of children in various ways because they have the means to do so.

Level 20
Vail model is blue and ugly I don't like her, she appears out of nowhere and becomes queen immediately.
Scarlett Retka it's much cooler has better spells than Cora Redfist, sometimes you make better characters and then kill them for the stupid ones, that's why the canon sucks.
Cora absorbs Retkas powers and gets access to her ultimate ability, and if I remember correctly besides her ultimate Retkas skill set was much more lackluster than that of Cora, Cora offered aoe- debuff aura, Aoe blizzard that can pretty much be permanently casted and a long range Stun/nuke.
Canon is there to make sense and tie the history together not to appease to each and everyone of us.

Secondly aren't you being a bit to much demanding when it comes to "pretty models". I mean for heavens sake its a RTS game released in 2003 not a fashion stimulation released in 2021. How pretty and what color scheme a character has has nothing to do with how good or bad he is when it comes to ranking characters, I mean Rahandir used for the most part (before the true story of arkain) the generic model and he is way way way way better character than both Salana and Retka when it comes to Character development.

Also have you been skipping cutscenes? I am pretty sure it has been explained that as the last remaining descendant of the Former Royal family of the nation of Zyainor she still has that Claim. So yeah Gardon needed a proper descendant of the Zyainor royal family to proclaim the rebirth of the Nation of Zyainor and crow itself as King of that nation by right of marriage. This way he was legitimized as such, since he married a member of the royal family and got the help of the black dragons.

Last edited:
Level 16
I'm fairly neutral on these arguments: Yes, I do somehow dislike Vail's being and her model (which is ofc 'unaesthetic' coupled with her brutish personality), but she is still a very important plot character. Larine and Salana are both nice characters, they actually both have good development though I secretly wish Salana's fate would entail something epic in the future. Larine's story of exiled-to-crowned was very fitting though she became a sort of 'puppet queen in the process. Cora is normal but her time with Aridon could make her one of the decent ones. As for Scarlett, I also wish she survives (which is unlikely) but if she does, she would be a valuable asset to Gardon (I assume she could be given land in Isalmur, and along with Birram, could become the major figures of the reclaimed kingdom). Well, Renova's mentality was massacred by Keera (who was secretly the major reason the Elven Kingdom was so poorly received). I can't really blame her, but she still made some effort. Volarian has too much avenger's complex though he was efficient (even Vanessa wasn't able to dampen his rage, and Stephanie also couldn't have been if she somehow came back to life). He was pretty much beyond transfixed in his zealotry. Gardon is pretty much an ideal character. So, my thoughts end here xD. 😈

Level 20
@Ecstasy49

Scarlet was meant to be part of Gardons entourage before a cult of Gardon worshipers (and how he was bulding a harem) made Shar force us choose between the two, Scarlet its just meh, I guess if you like redheads having her around would be nice, I played with both Cora/Scarlet and honestly didn't feel any huge difference they dont play that large of a role, from a gameplay perspective id take Cora over Scarlet anyday, Especially if we are talking about the old old broken Cora, before her Aura got hit with the nerf hammer.

Renova was just what it was,a figure head, you don't expect much of a figurehead now don't you?

Duke Tyrant is cool a bit overbearing at times with his one dimensional personality but still cool.

As for Gardon, Second book did hurt his perfect character vibe he gave to me at least.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have considered reintroducing Scarlett as a companion of Gardon after the end of the Retka Rebellion in the True Story.
While I do know ways to turn her into an interesting character (writing less sane characters is more fun than you might think, Galareth is a blast and is coming soon) I do not really see a reason for it in her case.
I think it would be a bad decision to keep characters alive for the sake of keeping them alive, no matter how well liked they are (sorry Merlon).
Yes, some fates have been altered (Destroyer) but I currently have no plans for Scarlett and this is unlikely to change.
I intend to expand on Cora's character as well as her lovely family however.

Level 10
I have considered reintroducing Scarlett as a companion of Gardon after the end of the Retka Rebellion in the True Story.
While I do know ways to turn her into an interesting character (writing less sane characters is more fun than you might think, Galareth is a blast and is coming soon) I do not really see a reason for it in her case.
I think it would be a bad decision to keep characters alive for the sake of keeping them alive, no matter how well liked they are (sorry Merlon).
Yes, some fates have been altered (Destroyer) but I currently have no plans for Scarlett and this is unlikely to change.
I intend to expand on Cora's character as well as her lovely family however.

It is probably a lost cause but even a small inconsequential gig like offering to spare Scarlett, even if she never appears again, will give the player at least some feeling of choice and, dare I say it, satisfaction.
Just say that she was sucked dry in one case and volunteered to teach that ult of hers to others in the other.

Level 19
Personally, i dont like Scarlet surviving the second book era. I mean:
-She was fighting side by side with his brother, against the imperials for no truly reason, she was just following his brother and using bandits and mercenaries to kill. But allied with Gardon soon after he killed her brother and took her kingdom for himself. I mean, you wanted to fight Gardon because you followed your brother´s orders, but once he dies you join the other side.
-It wouldn´t make sense, she wanted to kill Van Durce but Gardon stole her kingdom, why would she support him after defeating the golden guard?
-Unless is revamped, his destiny should be dying to Cora. Cora is with Aridon after the war, so she wanting more knowledge and power is canon.
-I dont really care if she is crazy or not, that´s her inner trait. Or just her trait.
-Also Cora´s set and story was more interesting to me than hers.

Just say that she was sucked dry in one case and volunteered to teach that ult of hers to others in the other.
Too crazy to teach anything. It would be better if she was sent alone to fight the demons and die while killing a lot.

Level 10
Personally, i dont like Scarlet surviving the second book era. I mean:
-She was fighting side by side with his brother, against the imperials for no truly reason, she was just following his brother and using bandits and mercenaries to kill. But allied with Gardon soon after he killed her brother and took her kingdom for himself. I mean, you wanted to fight Gardon because you followed your brother´s orders, but once he dies you join the other side.
-It wouldn´t make sense, she wanted to kill Van Durce but Gardon stole her kingdom, why would she support him after defeating the golden guard?
-Unless is revamped, his destiny should be dying to Cora. Cora is with Aridon after the war, so she wanting more knowledge and power is canon.
-I dont really care if she is crazy or not, that´s her inner trait. Or just her trait.
-Also Cora´s set and story was more interesting to me than hers.

Too crazy to teach anything. It would be better if she was sent alone to fight the demons and die while killing a lot.
Well, Cora needs to get her ult somehow.
As to the "stole her kingdom from under her", she wasnt the queen, was she?

Level 10
Once his brother was dead yes, we don´t know if her nephew is alive.
I dont think the kingdoms are that emancipated.
If I am to guess they are a patriarchal society and only men get to have power.
She would be a temporary power holder to the next-in-line until they grow to adolescence at best.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
If I am to guess they are a patriarchal society and only men get to have power.
If that was the case, there'd be no female generals in the human realms either, just a reminder.

Regarding Scarlett's claim on the throne:
Her brother pretty much stole the throne, his claim was not the most legit. Scarlett, being his sister, tagged along but she neither has a legit claim nor cares for the throne.

Level 10
If that was the case, there'd be no female generals in the human realms either, just a reminder.

Regarding Scarlett's claim on the throne:
Her brother pretty much stole the throne, his claim was not the most legit. Scarlett, being his sister, tagged along but she neither has a legit claim nor cares for the throne.
Female generals you refer to the imperial regiments or have I missed a character or two in the character sheet?

Level 16
Guys, I just had a sudden what-if scenario. What if Quiraness actually accepted Ornasion and Harantel'kazor as emissaries of Aridon without the protest? Instead of being overly suspicious with Pentiss, she decides to give it a try to trust two. I bet there will be no dark elven arc and the artifact being obtained very easily. Also, imagine all the dark elves slain in war, now properly alive, actually numbering in thousands with Quiraness herself leading them in war. Her shadow spells were nice and Lenira nexus would instead be named Aldera nexus xD. Though Pentiss intended to turn Sisterhood against her, I think she would have to make it abandon for a while since it could've been a backup plan should things go awry. 😁

Level 20
Female generals you refer to the imperial regiments or have I missed a character or two in the character sheet?
I mean Larine is from the kingdoms and she was a general of sort, Even though now that I remember with exception of Scarlet the wacko Redhead and the Larine the exiled Redhead I havent seen any more female leaders hailing from the kingdoms...Oh yes the bandit Lady as well, the one who is holding hostage one of the villages, Maybe the Imperials are more lenient with whom they let to lead their armies (After all the regiments leadership seems to be inheritable most of the times), There's Vail too, but there seem to be much more elven and imperial female commanders/generals than in the Kingdoms.

Guys, I just had a sudden what-if scenario. What if Quiraness actually accepted Ornasion and Harantel'kazor as emissaries of Aridon without the protest? Instead of being overly suspicious with Pentiss, she decides to give it a try to trust two. I bet there will be no dark elven arc and the artifact being obtained very easily. Also, imagine all the dark elves slain in war, now properly alive, actually numbering in thousands with Quiraness herself leading them in war. Her shadow spells were nice and Lenira nexus would instead be named Aldera nexus xD. Though Pentiss intended to turn Sisterhood against her, I think she would have to make it abandon for a while since it could've been a backup plan should things go awry. 😁
Eh unless Shar re-wrote entirely the philosophy on which the Dark Elves live that would never happened, I mean they spend all their time scheming to usurp their higherups and protect their power from their underlings, And to be honest all those dark elves slain in the civil war didn't go to waste, we can still raise them from the dead.

Level 21
I played the first act, it was fun. Shar has indirectly challenged me to figure out who the Goldaxe chieftan is. Since I play these after the full Acts are released, I fully expect one of you deranged philistines to spoil it for me in the YouTube comments before I get to the reveal. To avoid this, the only solution is to make educated guesses before it's revealed so that it can't actually be spoiled for me when the time comes. Thoughts? Can we figure it out?

Level 19
Since Karskin said that. I suppose is someone we didn´t even know yet. BUT lets try to speculate a little:
-Dorgan and Hortnog. Those two can´t be the goldaxe clan chieftain since they are both under his direct command as his right hand. I suppose they could be tricking everyone and having two chieftains to share the work, but that´s unlikely.
-Most of the Orcs we know. Nor rangul, oneeyee, rath, vanessa, sasrogarn (100% sure on this one), gorgoth, lokar or the destroyer can´t be, since they are already a leader or a chieftain of their respectives clans. But Zairmak could be.
-Zairmak. We only know that he is an ancient being and he is the leader of the ravaging fire clan but, since he is so old and smart it could be leading the goldaxe clan from the shadows. Being the Ravaging fire clan leader directly and the goldaxe clan indirectly.
-Zora. It could be but i dont really see it. No conection whatsoever.

But i think the most reasonable option (and this won´t be either) is that is a Human directing the goldaxe clan. In particular:
-Daric. Controlling the clan from the shadows and his mercenaries regiments directly (like the zairmak theory). Why? Well, the goldaxe clan left the darkmind clan to die once they had no value on that raid, around the time that both Lerrig and Daric arrives. So it could be that Daric command the clan to retreat since he´ll get a bigger amount of gold by helping lerrig and wiping out the darkmind clan, instead of supporting the raid. Also, fighting against daric would decrease the strenght of the goldaxe clan, and he would need them to collect more gold.

Also, he sent Cassius and his forces to deal with the remnants, to make sure none survived the onslaught. Moreover, the goldaxe clan during the first orc era talks like mercenaries, maybe they learnt it from Daric´s forces.

So that´s why i think Daric would be the correct option, but i´m 90% sure that i´ll be something we didn´t expected or a new orc or something.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Since Karskin said that. I suppose is someone we didn´t even know yet. BUT lets try to speculate a little:
-Dorgan and Hortnog. Those two can´t be the goldaxe clan chieftain since they are both under his direct command as his right hand. I suppose they could be tricking everyone and having two chieftains to share the work, but that´s unlikely.
-Most of the Orcs we know. Nor rangul, oneeyee, rath, vanessa, sasrogarn (100% sure on this one), gorgoth, lokar or the destroyer can´t be, since they are already a leader or a chieftain of their respectives clans. But Zairmak could be.
-Zairmak. We only know that he is an ancient being and he is the leader of the ravaging fire clan but, since he is so old and smart it could be leading the goldaxe clan from the shadows. Being the Ravaging fire clan leader directly and the goldaxe clan indirectly.
-Zora. It could be but i dont really see it. No conection whatsoever.

But i think the most reasonable option (and this won´t be either) is that is a Human directing the goldaxe clan. In particular:
-Daric. Controlling the clan from the shadows and his mercenaries regiments directly (like the zairmak theory). Why? Well, the goldaxe clan left the darkmind clan to die once they had no value on that raid, around the time that both Lerrig and Daric arrives. So it could be that Daric command the clan to retreat since he´ll get a bigger amount of gold by helping lerrig and wiping out the darkmind clan, instead of supporting the raid. Also, fighting against daric would decrease the strenght of the goldaxe clan, and he would need them to collect more gold.

Also, he sent Cassius and his forces to deal with the remnants, to make sure none survived the onslaught. Moreover, the goldaxe clan during the first orc era talks like mercenaries, maybe they learnt it from Daric´s forces.

So that´s why i think Daric would be the correct option, but i´m 90% sure that i´ll be something we didn´t expected or a new orc or something.
An interesting theory.

Level 20
I mean the fact that we got Jay n' Kas teasing us about it, the last thing we should expect is for him to be an orc. You know Brian has a thing for Orcs, doesn't mean he only has been manipulating Amari.

Last edited:
Level 9
Another option for the goldaxe clan chieftain could be Pechan or one of the goblin leaders of the Federation.
We know that goblins are also crazy for gold and the goldaxe clan has a more goblin mindset than an orcish one ( profit and everything)
MAYBE half-goblin\half-orc:goblin_yeah:

Level 20
Hmm now that it got me thinking... Brian always had a hard on for Orcs ever since they showed on the arkain continent. What if after the orcs Unity was shattered after the Knights of Kome broke their armies and they descended into chaos and tribalism, Brian might have tried to seize control over the now splintered orcs through manipulating, or outright killing and taking his spot of one of the chieftains (which would be the one of the Goldenaxe) in order to prepare them for the upcoming unification war. He "educated" them into being more human like but for whatever reason, id assume he discovered Amari, he decided to scrap that plan and go with the one with Amari being the new Queen of the unified Orcs and the goldenaxe would lay the groundwork for what it would be the blackthorn mercenary organization.

Edit: Also the way how the Golden axe chieftain operates its pretty alike to that of Brian, from the shadows.

Level 34
While I see Brian trying to manipulate and use the orcs as a weapon against Aridon(since they can t be mindcontroled) I doubt he would lead directly a clan such as the goldaxe.
The Ravaging fire clan and the Ironthunder could fit the best on this since they are more open to magic and a powerfull shadowy entity such as Brian could be a good source of power.
Another thing could be that the old chieftain of the Ironthunder was one of Brians first aprentices but do to his illnes and old age Brian had to choose a new aprentice (Amari)

Level 20
@Rhapsodie whichever it is i actually think Brian is more involved with the orcs that the story has shown us so far...Maybe it was his work that orcs are so hardy and resistant against aridon's scheming and manipulation after all Brian and Aridon are brothers they know each other better than anyone else.

Level 16
So far, undead characters are presumably allocated to each nexus in the following order (correct me if I'm wrong xD):
1. Rohir: Saphira, Mordin, Lady Meya, Edoarus (de-facto), Margazar (before the formation of Kezzar nexus)
2. Scarec: Bonelords, Arnos and Dornos, Krom (de-facto)
3. Zirr: Tremalon, Rahandir (de-facto)
4. Ejara: Haran'tel-kazor
5. Ardoz: Galareth the Great, Fleshtearer (de-facto)
6. Splecir: Kazardius, Rahandir (de-facto), Edoarus (de-facto)
7. Kezzar: Ornasion, Urshan, Margazar (after Kezzar formed), Morganur (in the future; hopefully xD), (possibly: undead demon slave hero)
8. Lenira: Sister Pentiss, Soryena, Quiraness (in absentia; enslaved), Mizaeryl the Ascended
9. Daviliad: Queen Keera, (possibly: fallen members of Renova's council), Larantos (in the future; he could fit xD)