• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 29
Since I know how much you people love the Orcs, I am happy to report that the map I am
currently working on has a total of 18 clans participating. Green love all around!

"Since I know how much you people love the Orcs, I am happy to report that the map I am currently working on has a total of 18 clans participating."

"Since I know how much you people love the Orcs, I am happy to report that the map I am currently working on has a total of 18 clans participating."

"... Orcs ... 18 clans ..."

Duke Volarian Redfist, as well as every single Redfist: (Heavy Breathing)

Level 19
Probably will be 6-7 Big clans (the ones we know and have a faction sheet) and a lot of smaller clans.

and all of them will be under master of shadows brain command
Most of them will die during the invasion i pressume, that´s good news.

Duke Volarian Redfist, as well as every single Redfist:
Its time for another Crusade, come brothers those degenerates aren´t going to burn down themselves.

Level 9
I've recently finished playing the True Story of Arkain and loved every bit of detail about it! The rivalry between the generals. The plots of the Undead and that little bit of Largoth in Selior's mind where he witness his dark thoughts. The new distinct personalities of the human armies, orcish clans, and undead nexus. This campaign is just wholesome.
Shar, you always outdo yourself and I'm very excited to see the rest of the campaign and experience all the suffering and pain it has in store.
I've been away for a long time and noticed all the new editions to the story and updates to the books, gotta go through it all and keep myself updated.
oh, and I didn't encounter any bugs in the True Story of Arkain, everything worked properly as far as I know.
Gonna replay the books now because I thirst for blood!
PS: I'd be happy to support you in any way possible to get this project done

Level 10
The new demon slaves aesthetic is cool but I have one objection.
Part of the reason demons use these slaves is that they can infiltrate the ranks of their enemies, thus it would be better if not all the demon slaves used these new buildings.

Level 16
Oh, Shar... Honestly can't wait for next update. Finally, demon slaves (I mean they could be more than that, could they?). True Story's execution is the best I've seen so far. Good Luck! :vw_love:

Level 29
Part of the reason demons use these slaves is that they can infiltrate the ranks of their enemies, thus it would be better if not all the demon slaves used these new buildings.

I would divide Demon Slaves into two groups:
-Those that have the goal of infiltrating the mortals' ranks and undermine their efforts to defend against the Demon Legions
-Those that are openly affiliated with the Demons, perhaps serving as vanguard or to deal with matters that their demon masters deem to be not worthy of their time

For example, Genethas at first belonged to the first group, but after the First Books, since his true allegiances were found out, he joined the second.

Level 9

They still do infiltration, As Shar said not all of them do and as Lisboah said there could be two groups but in the end they as a whole are one because once they are exposed, they reveal their true colors, thus the new Demon Slaves aesthetics Shar implemented. Same goes to the Rohir Nexus Undead, possessed humans and other races and they are used as spies to their respective races.

Level 9
I was thinking about the characters of the humans. They are generals, yes but why not give them special titles since each of them leads a special type of forces and why not give Selior a distinctive rank than the others since he is the supreme leader of the human forces. A general that has generals under his command sounds improper to me. Maybe something like Lord Commander or Lord General or Warmaster -This might suit the leader of the orcs more- like the hierarchy in Warhammer 40k

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Selior is the Supreme Commander of the Arkain Theatre but in reality he's only in charge of the people that are posted on the front itself, it does not help that his own authority was eroded when Gardon was able to take half of his own standing forces with orders from the Emperor to let Gardon do so.

The Imperial Coastguard and Navy are not under his command either unless they bring their marine contingents to fight on the front.

Level 9
Selior is the Supreme Commander of the Arkain Theatre but in reality he's only in charge of the people that are posted on the front itself, it does not help that his own authority was eroded when Gardon was able to take half of his own standing forces with orders from the Emperor to let Gardon do so.

The Imperial Coastguard and Navy are not under his command either unless they bring their marine contingents to fight on the front.

Ahh that makes sense, yes. I thought Selior was in charge of the whole operation in Arkain including Maritime forces and others. Since that is the case and Selior is only in charge of the Front and the line of defense, is there anyone in charge of the whole operation or that role only came to Van Douche after he arrived on the continent?

Level 19
Well, there it goes my least favourite mission of the undead book, i hated so much those demons slaves.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Look at the bright side:
It comes together with a mission that gives you Orc VS Orc VS Orc VS Orc.... and so on and so forth.

Ahh that makes sense, yes. I thought Selior was in charge of the whole operation in Arkain including Maritime forces and others. Since that is the case and Selior is only in charge of the Front and the line of defense, is there anyone in charge of the whole operation or that role only came to Van Douche after he arrived on the continent?
Prior to the arrival of the Golden Guard, there was a lack of hierarchy - though I guess considering
what happened after said arrival, there were still issues.
This was also one of the reasons why the split that occured later down the line could occur in
the first place. Soldiers were loyal to their direct leaders rather than the Empire since there was
no higher-ranking official around anyway.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Level 16
I would divide Demon Slaves into two groups:
-Those that have the goal of infiltrating the mortals' ranks and undermine their efforts to defend against the Demon Legions
-Those that are openly affiliated with the Demons, perhaps serving as vanguard or to deal with matters that their demon masters deem to be not worthy of their time

For example, Genethas at first belonged to the first group, but after the First Books, since his true allegiances were found out, he joined the second.
It would be nice if a similar concept is applied to Kezzar nexus:
  1. The choice allowing only undead Demon Slaves to be played.
  2. Another choice allowing only undead Demons to be played.
Doing this would give the opportunity to utilize yet new tactics for players. Since it's pretty much confirmed each nexus has 10 units, training some undead Demons with a few undead Demon Slaves is kinda unthematic. Another option is: Unlocking demon slaves at first and researching tier 4 upgrade allowing undead demons to replace the current units. Lorewise, "Demons are much stronger than their slaves."-entry of Kezzar nexus. So it gives more opportunity to introduce some new undead demons (for example: undead nether dragon, felhound, voidwalker (let's undeadify them :)), eredar warrior (at least Margazar won't be alone), pit lord, demonlord, infernal juggernaut, and so on.) Bonus: As for Ornasion's skillset, what about replacing finger of pain with summon undead infernal? This infernal could be ice infernal capable of aoe frost damage instead of immolation.
So far, these are my current thoughts. Looking forward to next update, Shar, as always. :ogre_haosis:

Level 20
@Ecstasy49

That could very well happened one of the nexuses has Orc skeletons as their units, and I am kinda down to experiment with Undead demons or even brainwashed possesed demons in the service of Aridon that way Shar gets two birds with one stone I am pretty sure ppl have pestered him about Demon slaves and Demons and being able to play as them so by doing that Shar gives to his fanbase what they want.

I for one am Down to mow down green skins and pink skins alike with my Undead nether drake spam.

As long as the chose one of three choices mechanic stays, I don't want the entire undead roster being given to us like the orc roster was done and most of us went and spammed Shield bearers +Shaman/ Whitch doctors

Level 16
@DD Mikasa
Agree with all. I personally also would like to control undead Demon Slave hero. Since Bales is the Guardian of North, there could be three more directional guardians. It would be neat storywise if one of the guardians is ordered to participate in battle by demon legions, and die as a result. This could happen in FUB last mission, Bloodbath, where Blooddrinker legion summons all their remaining slaves which includes one of the said guardians. (Pun intended: Saphira wouldn't comment "it was almost too easy" on the last mission xD)

Level 29
My review of the new chapters

Act Two, Chapter Three:
-Nice to finally play as Edoarus. A pity that I now get the feeling that Veringar will lose screen time
-I love the new designs of the Bloodrinker Legion's Dreadlords. They are stunning!
-I don't like Edoarus' abilities. They are mostly the generic Death Knight's abilities. Edoarus is an executioner, right? He should have abilities that display that, abilities that make him sort of an Hero meant to deal with other Heroe units
-The learn hotkey for the Flestearer's Hook Attack and Disease Cloud are the same (E).
-The Flestearer's ult ability Blood Explosion doesn't have a learning hotkey
-The Deathlord's Unholy Regeneration should have S as hotkey rather than E
-The optional quest sure costs a lot of gold, but it is damn worth it. They only lose against demon units, and they trash the Demon Slaves' bases quite easily

Act Two, Chapter Four
Opening Cinematic: "There is going to be a battle" rather than "There is going to be battle."
-I decided to play as the Darkmind Clan.
-In my opnion, the small clans' bases are too next to each other. Sometimes I just managed to destroy their Stronghold and the now submitted clan gets attacked by either other small clans, the Bloodhand or the Ironthunder because they are right next to one another
-The dialogue that says that the Goldaxe Clan would attack us appeared more than once. It appeared after I destroyed the third or fourth stronghold and it kept appearing whenever I destroyed another
-Even after I destroyed their strongholds the clans keep attacking me for a few seconds and I have to retreat. Once I return, they are no longer hostile, but I still lost some units while retreating
-Either way The Destroyer is doomed. He will either die in battle, get killed by the Demons, get killed by Krom or attempt to betray Rangul and get killed...

Last edited:
Level 22
Act 2, chapter 3
- Edoarus' list made me think it would be cool if an Amari like ability was added to him. Killing a particular type of target during every mission to increase his own stats or alternatively those of the item itself.
- I found it a bit unfortunate you couldn't choose your own nexus during this mission. It would've been interesting if Edoarus, for example, requested the Ardoz Nexus, because while he prefers to directly kill, he wants to try something new this time and sees the potential of keeping someone alive for a bit longer to be stronger in death later.
- The new demon slave structure models are pretty cool.
- I agree with LISBOAH that Edoarus' abilities don't fit him. Abilities like dealing base damage plus more based on missing HP, one which grants him extra crit chance, one which makes the target easier to kill by marking him and such would fit better.
- Based on what Edoarus said, I think the swamp denizens should've been hostile instead of neutral.
- The swamp denizen waves while costing a lot to unleash get a bit too big after a while and make the chapter a lot easier.

Act 2, chapter 4
- Rath calling the Destroyer an asshole was amusing.
- All the gameplay bugs that LISBOAH reported happened in my playthrough too.
- The Goldaxe path gives the ''time is money'' phrase a whole new meaning. That 25,000 gold felt like a rush to get.
- For all his faults, The Destroyer can sound very convincing when he wants to. It'll be pretty interesting to see what he will do if given more screentime. The fact that he slew everyone else who could lead the clan makes me think he has a small chance of surviving until the SOB part.

Last edited:
Level 20
Chapter 4 seems to be a little buggy, nothing game breaking anyway,

Other than the issues Lisboah mentioned, ill have to add a pretty weird bug that happened to me when I played as Golden axe but not Darkmind during the ending cutscene, after it finishes, the cutscene restarts again but this time the characters are frozen solid they don't move but their dialog rolls through.
2- I don't know if this is intended or not but doing the mission as Golden axe is a breeze you build two more Townhalls and use all three Mercenary Contracts on each town hall and by the time Rangul gives you his 6k you are just 5k short of your 25k goal(cheesy way of playing the mission out i know)

Not gonna lie this was a rather unique way of playing a mission in Arkain, Kinda surprised that we weren't put in charge of one base and had to murder everything in front of us. The Destroyer lives throughout this time line that's kinda surprising, I wonder on whose Hands does he die.

As for Chapter 3

The Forest inhabitants rush while unexpected makes this chapter so much easier in terms of finishing "quick"

One quick note here for

Don't bother arguing about his Kit ,we did the same thing for Oranssion and Shar still went through with his spells, guess balancing lore and in game mechanics tends to get rough from time to time even for Shar xD

Level 10
Uniting the orc tribes as Rangul:
Purple and green have a sync attack waves - they reach the players base at almost the same time, making it extremely hard to survive and it drains resources - I had to restart 4 times and still had to use extreme cheese and cheats to win, and I played on easy. Also, purple defenses are extremely strong - to the point that it took me and all 3 allies to beat them. At certain point in time the quest objective "Destroy Purple base" greyed out as complete although purple was still hostile, still attacking and no message popped up or anything.

in the two newly released missions, the first ones side quest is literal pay-to-win, meanwhile in the second one as Rangul you get absolute nothing for those 6k gold. Difficulty spike seems a little extreme here. As is the drop of value the player gets as a reward for doing the side quest.

little suggestion about the first side quest: would it be possible to have the demon slaves erect extra defenses on the sides the animals come from and dedicate more soldiers there that will weaken the attack waves but not destroy the bases outright? So that we will still have to actually attack and destroy those bases ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
Chapter 3: Love the new buildings of Demon Slaves. They are so aesthetic and thematic. Another pleasant surprise, just as I predicted, fearsome Deathlord! Yet the sheer value of this demon alarmed me to micromanage every now and then just to not lose this op combination of death coil, unholy aura, and unholy regeneration. Suggestion: What about changing icon and spell effect of unholy regen? The spell effect is rather night elvish and "holy". It can be replaced with Krom's power of death effect.
A new side quest involving more lore points. Things are getting fishier... It was expensive but so worth it. The invasion of swamp inhabitants really made things breezy. The firehand gauntlets also became the power boost for our fav Edoarus. The sight of nearly complete set of Rohir nexus was the nicely welcome asset. Doomrider, disease team, poisoner, deadman, officer, and seeker... perhaps kingdoms should tremble. :grin:
New models of Blooddrinker dreadlords are so stunning. Ornasion himself now looks more gentlemanly instead of "pit dreadlord" he was known to be. As for Demon slaves, there are known branches of elven, human, and dwarven slaves... What about giving each of them specific name? Just a suggestion.
However, Edoarus's assets are gonna receive mixed reactions: Edoarus's items are cool, but what about giving Amari-like ability of collecting hitpoints for Edoarus's List? It really meshes well with the lore descriptions of the said item. I think every main hero, including Edoarus, should have fifth ability. (Gardon has Summon Zed, Krom has Death Grip etc.) The executioner's fifth one could be the one dealing crit per missing hit points. I think death coil can be replaced with the spell similar to Shadowraze from dota's shadowfiend. In cinematic where Salomar is killed, he used the spell similar to the aforementioned one.
It was kinda sad that nexus choice system wasn't reintroduced in this mission. The Dead Men's March was nicely replayable due to the choice of accepting three different nexuses. I expected remaning three of FB era; Splecir, Ardoz, or Scarec to be playable. If you decide to reintroduce, it would be sensical as the prologue of mission says: "Aridon's sends some of his best servants...", which can foreshadow Splecir. Or Ardoz, since Edoarus was interested in testing Fleshtearer in combat, the presumed creation of Ardoz.

Chapter 4: Oh, boy. Who thought uniting clans was the one hell of nightmare? I chose Rangul and the battle was monstrous! Ironthunder clan promised to be easy on Deathbreeze clan... Lokar was a liar. The High Shamans perfectly disabled my forces with their entangling roots. (Gonna use them monstrously in the future mission as a revenge) It took five nearly full armies to completely vanquish Ironthunder while repelling invasions from occassional Skullblade and Bloodhand forces. Not gonna lie: I used money cheat to quickly conscript Goldaxe. The choice was nice: Ravaging Fire and Goldaxe distracted the damn windriders' base nicely. Darkmind distracted Bloodhand (it was lucky their base stood in the Bloodhand's route.) while attacking smaller clans. The mission, however, was quite worthwhile I must admit. Some small stuff noticed: The Ironthunder's quest was marked completed when it was not. Some Witch Doctors had the red team colors instead of their respective clan's color.
Storywise, the involvement of Destroyer is gonna be interesting. Yet he will most likely die at the border mission or killed by Krom... but who knows.:ogre_hurrhurr: Good luck, Shar.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
First of: Thanks for the feedback & bug reporting. I will fix all bugs that have been reported.
Also glad that the Demon buildings are liked by people, @Grey Knight definitely did a great job there.
-Nice to finally play as Edoarus. A pity that I now get the feeling that Veringar will lose screen time
Verin-who? ;)
I know, I know, I am evil.
-I don't like Edoarus' abilities. They are mostly the generic Death Knight's abilities. Edoarus is an executioner, right? He should have abilities that display that, abilities that make him sort of an Hero meant to deal with other Heroe units
- I agree with LISBOAH that Edoarus' abilities don't fit him. Abilities like dealing base damage plus more based on missing HP, one which grants him extra crit chance, one which makes the target easier to kill by marking him and such would fit better.
Don't bother arguing about his Kit ,we did the same thing for Oranssion and Shar still went through with his spells, guess balancing lore and in game mechanics tends to get rough from time to time even for Shar xD
Fair points, I am actually not entirely satisfied with Edoarus' skillset either.
He used to have Largoth's W ability instead of Death Pact but that didn't feel right either.
I am working on him.
Originally, his List had the Death Pact ability instead of him himself.
- Edoarus' list made me think it would be cool if an Amari like ability was added to him. Killing a particular type of target during every mission to increase his own stats or alternatively those of the item itself.
However, Edoarus's assets are gonna receive mixed reactions: Edoarus's items are cool, but what about giving Amari-like ability of collecting hitpoints for Edoarus's List?
I quite like that idea.
- Based on what Edoarus said, I think the swamp denizens should've been hostile instead of neutral.
Probably but I did not want them to intervene with the player's or the ally's attack waves.
Also, paying for something that might kill your tertiary expansion seemed like a bad idea.
-The optional quest sure costs a lot of gold, but it is damn worth it. They only lose against demon units, and they trash the Demon Slaves' bases quite easily
- The swamp denizen waves while costing a lot to unleash get a bit too big after a while and make the chapter a lot easier.
Originally it was the first wave only. I decided to add two more instead of just one because the
gold investment is not small.
A new side quest involving more lore points. Things are getting fishier...
Fishier because of the Murlocs or because of a dead demon's shrine being able to actually do something? :^)
Ornasion himself now looks more gentlemanly instead of "pit dreadlord" he was known to be.
As for Demon slaves, there are known branches of elven, human, and dwarven slaves... What about giving each of them specific name? Just a suggestion.
It is something that I have in mind but have given a lower priority right now. Most Demon Slaves you
A unique Demon Slaves tech tree & more unique names for their factions is something for the distant future
when people like a certain Mr. Bales are introduced.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Even after I destroyed their strongholds the clans keep attacking me for a few seconds and I have to retreat. Once I return, they are no longer hostile, but I still lost some units while retreating
Yeah, that's sadly an AI thing I cannot really too do much about.
I will see if giving all units the "stop" order will actually make them stop.
The only way to counter this would be giving the units to a new player - and since there's already
11 minor clans, 7 major clans and one player, we are running out of player slots. Yes I could have only
one player for the conquered clans but that too would cause issues with AI guard positions and retraining.
- The Goldaxe path gives the ''time is money'' phrase a whole new meaning. That 25,000 gold felt like a rush to get.
2- I don't know if this is intended or not but doing the mission as Golden axe is a breeze you build two more Townhalls and use all three Mercenary Contracts on each town hall and by the time Rangul gives you his 6k you are just 5k short of your 25k goal(cheesy way of playing the mission out i know)
You are given many tools to capitalize your income, make the chieftain proud!
You can still go for the major clan victory if you want to though.
I chose Rangul and the battle was monstrous! Ironthunder clan promised to be easy on Deathbreeze clan... Lokar was a liar.
Never trust an elf. Druid. Shaman. You get the idea.
The High Shamans perfectly disabled my forces with their entangling roots.
Ah yes, the combination of Entangling Roots and then Rain of Fire on top. Lovely, ain't it? :)
In an unreleased version of the Clash in the Forest, they also had Firebolt on top of that.
Some Witch Doctors had the red team colors instead of their respective clan's color.
Part of their model is always red, that's not team colored.
-Either way The Destroyer is doomed. He will either die in battle, get killed by the Demons, get killed by Krom or attempt to betray Rangul and get killed...
- For all his faults, The Destroyer can sound very convincing when he wants to. It'll be pretty interesting to see what he will do if given more screentime. The fact that he slew everyone else who could lead the clan makes me think he has a small chance of surviving until the SOB part.
Storywise, the involvement of Destroyer is gonna be interesting. Yet he will most likely die at the border mission or killed by Krom... but who knows.:ogre_hurrhurr: Good luck, Shar.
Well, as I have said at some point (some months ago), the fate of the chieftains will be slightly adjusted.
Some may die later, some may die not at all, some may actually play an important role eventually, some may
be murdered brutally... Only the Watcher knows.
Actually he doesn't which is why we are in the current situation to begin with but psst!

Level 10
I do not know how much work this would be, but I would have an idea about the minor clans:
Each of them could provide a unique unit to our roster
Slavedriver clan provides human worker that brings 20 lumber per run instead of the peons 10 etc...
maybe have Rath start with shamans that only have purge and conquering a specific clan provides us with the lightning shield
then some clan provides alpha wolf rider for our bestiary with either a howl or aura...

also a note about playing as Rangul - the attacks coming at the Deathbreeze when we play as Rangul ale sometimes two or three times the attacks that head toward the Deathbreeze when we play as either Rath or as Goldaxe clan, the same with the defenses
I am not sure whether this is intentional not

edit no. 2: since Ironthunder are neutral towards us when we play as Goldaxe for the first 15 minutes, it is possible to cheese everything by wiping them out while they dont defend themselves - adding a trigger that will make these factions hostile towards us when we attack them might provide space for some fun to be had (maybe the same with Deathbreeze? turning it into the literal us vs the world)

Last edited:
Level 20
@Shar Dundred

So that isn't cheese? xD I am surprised actually

As for Edoraus skill set, why not replace his death pact with Gardons old Q spell, I mean it fits his theme as an executioner and replace his ultimate with an aura or self buff kinda like Blens ultimate, after all he is all about getting down and dirty up close and personal severing heads from bodies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
edit no. 2: since Ironthunder are neutral towards us when we play as Goldaxe for the first 15 minutes, it is possible to cheese everything by wiping them out while they dont defend themselves - adding a trigger that will make these factions hostile towards us when we attack them might provide space for some fun to be had
That is something I wanted to add actually, I just didn't add it (yet) because I was busy getting
the map to work. I will add that one though.
As for Edoraus skill set, why not replace his death pact with Gardons old Q spell, I mean it fits his theme as an executioner and replace his ultimate with an aura or self buff kinda like Blens ultimate, after all he is all about getting down and dirty up close and personal severing heads from bodies.
We will see.

Level 19
Act Two, Chapter Three:
-Really cool the new models, both the slaves and the dreadlords
-This time is easier than in the FUB, the optional quest really pays off
-I would like to choose my nexus but it makes sense, Aridon sends his personal fist and the elite nexus, accompany by another one to make sure everything goes as planned.
-I destroyed the final base but none of the Demonlords revived, it would be too easy to rez them all Shar? ;)
-Edoarus set is fine, just fine.

Acto Two, chapter Four:
-Played with Darkmind, i´ll choose the other two later (the goldaxe one could be the most interesting of all)
-The idea of Subjugate the minor clans is solid, i loved to play with that concept
-Once you get the two top minor clans on your side, the difficult lowers because you have some sort of shield against red.
-I didn´t expected the destroyer to survive, i had hopes of Okri meeting his brother during the SOB. A pity
-Who is the Ironthunder clan chieftain then? One of the orcs we fight during the Darkmind slaughter?

Ps: Will our decision to play with one clan or another matter in the future?
Like the goldaxe clan have more units or stronger on some chapter?
Or you have an ally while playing with Darkmind?

Last edited:
Level 7
I played all campaigns since release and I am so happy to see how much have growed during the years.

I watched your interview with jay and I was just curious, are you going to make your own game in the future, based on the Arkain story?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
-I destroyed the final base but none of the Demonlords revived, it would be too easy to rez them all Shar? ;)
Yes. :p
-Once you get the two top minor clans on your side, the difficult lowers because you have some sort of shield against red.
If you don't destroy too much. XD
-I didn´t expected the destroyer to survive, i had hopes of Okri meeting his brother during the SOB. A pity
Fate's just cruel, ain't it?
-Who is the Ironthunder clan chieftain then? One of the orcs we fight during the Darkmind slaughter?
The guy can't really fight anymore.
Ps: Will our decision to play with one clan or another matter in the future?
Like the goldaxe clan have more units or stronger on some chapter?
Or you have an ally while playing with Darkmind?
Nah, it is just offering different ways to play this particular chapter.
I played all campaigns since release and I am so happy to see how much have growed during the years.
Thank you, so am I!
I was just curious, are you going to make your own game in the future, based on the Arkain story?
I currently have no plans turning Arkain into its own game, no.

Level 16
Fishier because of the Murlocs or because of a dead demon's shrine being able to actually do something? :^)

Well, yes both xD. It looks like some sort of foreshadowing involving Maronogin.
Is he actually a servant of Aridon? His character sheet introduction is fishy: It says he could've fallen at the hands of Watcher and was no longer a threat. Maybe one of the "reeducated" demons Aridon hasn't revealed yet. He didn't reveal Margazar until the defeat of Rasrasz. He does have reasons to keep secrets from many including certain other "dreadlord":peasant-thinking:. Who knows though.
Oh, there is another idea involving our "warrior-maiden" of Deathbreeze...
Since undead Vanessa is not gonna be canon, there is a very interesting idea of not wasting this cool undead Vanessa model. What about raising Stephanie Redfist instead? Since her grave is in Lor and very close proximity to Dead Mountain... Let's hope Aridon has time to pay a visit. She knew about Orcs and even fought them. It would be cool if Aridon decides to raise her to fight Tribal Dominion by manipulating Vanessa. Also, in Salria arc, if Volarian manages to meet them both, it would be one hell of a reunion. Father, mother, and daughter. One family, but different allegiances. Food for thought...

Level 20
I don't know about you all but I myself am digging the Idea that Golden axe might play a more major role in this instalment of LoA and their units seem quite fun to play with especially the javelin units they are hella tanky and a squad made up of 12 of them mows down enemies as if they are paper clips!

Level 10
A little something to improve the experience, although it is just a miniscule detail:
when we defeat the Ironthunders and the green clan, a little dialogue saying that they will follow us
while defeating The Destroyer would have him say something like "You got lucky, but Im not finished yet. I will destroy you yet!" and defeating his clan "You may have defeated my warriors, but you havent won the day yet!"

edit: replayed uniting the clans on normal with rangul, here is the strategy that worked for me:

phase 1: mine gold, send 6 peons to raths base to cut the trees to the left of his gold mine, put a fortress and an altar of storms there (caused green to attack rath only when the fortress was finished), pop only at 50, plenty towers, searaiders and 2 demolishers, have 4 wolf raiders in Raths base to help him against smaller clans... well, more of a "pillage some gold while rath is busy fighting the defenders", wait for Rath to start attacking the red base
also managed to pay off the goldaxe clan in phase 1

phase 2: 50 pop defending, 10 wolf raiders in raths base, rangul got his staff of teleportation
wait for rath to attack red base, sneak wolf raiders through the left entrance, burn the fortress, kill all peons (managed to do both on the first try), then send some raiders and rangul with rath every time he raids red base to finish it off
my own gold mine ran out during this phase, so I decided to move all my defenders to attack red base and abandon it completely in favor of using just rangul for a time - also walled off the bottom pass between my and raths base so that purple attacks would have to go around

phase 3: teleport rangul to help goldaxe and ravaging fire in their attacks against green, rush 10 wolf raiders through to burn the fortress, kill the peons, kill base

phase 4: finish off purple

Rath keeps the strongest defense force of all our allies
also, if he manages to destroy his target with some units surviving to return to base, he ups the pop that he keeps around - by the time he started attacking red base he was keeping a max pop army, making his defenses able to withstand even the synced attacks of green and purple on occasion after my own base was sacked
throughout the entire battle, purple was the biggest problem, he could withstand the cumulation of 3 attacks on his base without much trouble - his combination of bloodlust, stasis and healing wards and the armored front line is strong beyond belief - maybe reducing the purple's grunt stats by lowering their armor and base damage (maybe change armor type to light?) to balance out the superior caster support in the army composition and reduce their gold cost
the Skullblade and Ironthunder attacks are very well synced - they almost always meet at my base, especially annoying when Ironthunder comes from the bottom right and Skullblade from top right it gets hectic - putting some extra 30 secs to a minute between the launch of their respective attack waves will be enough to remedy the syncing, which will make the defense easier, allowing us to dedicate more resources towards attacking the enemy

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Level 26
I don't know about you all but I myself am digging the Idea that Golden axe might play a more major role in this instalment of LoA and their units seem quite fun to play with especially the javelin units they are hella tanky and a squad made up of 12 of them mows down enemies as if they are paper clips!

Unfortunately the javelin boys stick out quite a bit in the goldaxe roster no real option for an armored variant or some sort of orc with a crossbow and black gold armor.

Level 10
Unfortunately the javelin boys stick out quite a bit in the goldaxe roster no real option for an armored variant or some sort of orc with a crossbow and black gold armor.
They are mercs, they probably buy a lot of stuff from goblins to get the advantage. Why not employ goblin boomsticks?

Level 10
Goblins are expensive, you gotta think of the profit margins my friend.
Im not suggesting they buy goblins, just their boomsticks. European powers decided to transition from bows to early firearms because its faster and cheaper to train a man in using it. Elite Goldaxe unit: the Commando, orc with big pavese and a boomstick.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Im not suggesting they buy goblins, just their boomsticks. European powers decided to transition from bows to early firearms because its faster and cheaper to train a man in using it. Elite Goldaxe unit: the Commando, orc with big pavese and a boomstick.
Hmm, perhaps, it would be a worthy investment.

Level 20
Unfortunately the javelin boys stick out quite a bit in the gold axe roster no real option for an armored variant or some sort of orc with a crossbow and black gold armor.

The choice was perfect imo, they are "human" like orcs but they still have the strength of an orc and while a human using javelins might find it hard throwing javelins wearing heavy armor a orc doesn't necessarily, so why pay for crossbows when you can just pay for javelins ;) , Id say in such case the "resource limitation" work in the favor of their roster being human like but retaining that orc core identity.