• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
WHAT?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! I missed something in the True Story?! Or Just the creation of Zyainor, that made the Dwarves un-ally themselfs from Gardon?
No, you just got spoilered from the Events in the Second Human Book since this is a spoiler thread. :p

Level 19
I thought the new short story would be on Orc side since they have only one:

Burdens of war:
This story is tragic, Lord Daskor seems to be the new drill sergeant of Garan´s army, also he is a black dragon no doubt because he is similar to Thanok,
Killing that little green dragon... just reading made me feel bad.
Since Garan is going to an "special operation" in Kerrel and this soldier goes along... I´m guessing he´ll be killing children or innocent people who cannot defend themselves just because they are "enemies"

Also i skipped reviewing both the Golden Guard mission and Dogs of War because i played all 3 at once:

Utter destruction:
-That map was really hard, the ally was somehow competent, also where are my nerog? Since Aridon wants to dispose them just use them as cannon fodder to fight their former kin...
-Goldaxe + Centaurs was really hard until you use banshees to get their units, same as blackaxe clan, the bloodhand outpost was a joke but i suppose they are no heroes left in bloodhand clan.
-Left the Goblins alone, their base was huge and had a chokepoint that i won´t be climbing.
-Last 2 bases were a breeze once you beat the first ones.
-Destroyer and Okri fighting side by side against the eliminator was indeed unexpected, also destroyer could have slaughtered all those ghouls by himself with little to no effort.
-Boss fight was neat, beat on first try though.
-The destroyer made himself a legend by (almost) single handed beating an infernal machine, also calling Okri "little strong" means that he pass the strongest title to the next generation and that would be her no doubt. Also he really get his dream, none of the dominion or us will forget about The Destroyer.
-The bonelords expected to have even more corpses? They weren´t there dude and as Meya said, using the King Salran´s brother as spy to unite the humans against either the demons or the orcs was the smart choice. Also they think they are the best, lets see on the near future pals.
Yeah they treat my boy Haran and the Ejara nexus as tools and thats mean even for the undead.
-Meya didn´t betray the master´s orders but give no information about Okri escaping to them, not sure if Aridon will kill her or not after this.

Nice chapter Shar!

-I wonder if Meya will play a role in how the Bonelords will be defeated. Maybe she will ensure that the reinforcements that were meant to support went somewhere else.
Perhaps the Rohir nexus members in the human ranks will escape and alert other factions in order to cut off the retreat, or delay the reinforcements fighting them.

I didn't think Aridon sent anyone, other than the scarec nexus, into salria, and this mission illustrated why. It is an extremely dumb move. The scarec have almost not synergies with other nexi.
He should have sent the Ardoz, they are bones and machines so they get along.

You don't run from the Eliminator.
So if the goblins had landed destroyer on the orc islands the eliminator would have gone there and raise from the sea like a monster?

So Van Durce can communicate through Hologram, but the Emperor must send a vax sealed & Stamped, special brief message with a human messenger to Van Durce?
Well he is the emperor, he won´t apper in front of everyone, also we don´t know how is the emperor (except for well...). He has more urgent matters to attend, also you could said that since Van Durce is his family, he wouldn´t want to remember him angry by being abandoned.

Basically almost every major orc character from first book was killed. Only Sas and Zairmak remaining. And probably Gorthog, if he counts.
Our rock boy Grofzag is there too.

Perhaps Gorthog enters the fight against the bonelords too, he is already building his forces in Salria.

Level 29
Which death was handled better - Dogran or Lokar?
Lokar plays a role during the whole Darkmind's revenge against Greymoore, had his death occur during a cinematic and there are several events that might occur due to his death.

Dogran, on the other hand, only had a couple of lines, dies during the mission, isn't mentioned by neither the Destroyer nor Okri, and he was just a figurehead for Maronogin. He was just an orc that so happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited:
Level 19
Dogran, on the other hand, only had a couple of lines, dies during the mission, isn't mentioned by either the Destroyer or Okri, and he was just a figurehead for Maronogin. He was just an orc that so happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Both Vanessa and Hortnog are better. Pls Hortnog warchief being a capitalism on rengar.

Level 8
Seeing the new tale, it makes me a bit disappointed that the swamp dragons aren't used as beasts of war. The Dominion has both the Red and Sand Dragons. They could've used the power of the Swamp Dragons as cannon fodder if possible. War is ugly business, but I believe you need to use every possible weapon to win. Looking at the story, it seems that dragons grow differently from humans. Vanessa was raised among orcs and stayed loyal to them till the end. I'm not sure if this just applies to humans, but like most orcs, they were proven wrong when Vanessa continued to fight for the orcs. I'm also wondering why they didn't tame them as wild beasts like what the demons do to nether dragons or perhaps use the 'amulet magic' to make the dragons fight for them from the very start. There could've been ways to do this. Perhaps it's just the black dragon's hate for the other dragonclans that makes this happen. Or maybe it's the risk you want to avoid. Watcher's hand is annoying by mortal and immortal standards.

-When Daskor said that his own would stand against other dragonclans, was he referring to all dragonclans or just the black dragons?
-Was the protagonist in that story a common soldier?
-That last paragraph got me a bit curious. The woman and the baby saying "Mommy." I'm not sure if that's a hint or something within the story.

Level 21
I wrote a new Tale of Arkain and I hope people like it (finally a second Orc story!). It's very unconventional and what I will say is I like to imagine battles in Arkain happen with variety to them beyond what Warcraft 3 can encompass. Broad strokes of the events match broad strokes of the mission in question and don't directly conflict with the canonical story beats. I'd like to hear what folks think in any case, thank you!!

Level 9
I wrote a new Tale of Arkain and I hope people like it (finally a second Orc story!). It's very unconventional and what I will say is I like to imagine battles in Arkain happen with variety to them beyond what Warcraft 3 can encompass. Broad strokes of the events match broad strokes of the mission in question and don't directly conflict with the canonical story beats. I'd like to hear what folks think in any case, thank you!!
Epic. This is how I imagine a great Arkain battle. Orcs fight to the end, even if the chance of victory is low. Destroyer is easily one of Arkain's best characters, and most surprising, the way he's changed compared to who he was and truly believing in the new era that Amari is building. Even more so considering that his role in the First Orc Book was in just one mission, as the boss to be defeated, it's more surprising what he became.

Level 17
I loved the new story. Some narrative of the orcs and their allies was already needed, and what better than focusing on the final battle of act eight.
My respects to Jayborino for capturing the essence of the mission. The last part moved me a lot. Had things been different, Okri and Destroyer might have led the Bloodhand clan to greatness!

Level 27
I went in expecting something like Sir Jay Bubblerino, and while that was an interesting read, this new Tale blew it out of the water and really vividified my imagination. All of the races of the Dominion and how they fought/retreat were well written, the Undead's brutal efficiency was shown, and a little peek into Destroyer's head was the cherry on top.

Level 7
I noticed that the demon slaves here don't have the new demon slaves' buildings like in the previous chapters. Its what made them different and unique from human buildings

Attachments

• Demon Slaves.png
    Demon Slaves.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Level 26
I noticed that the demon slaves here don't have the new demon slaves' buildings like in the previous chapters. Its what made them different and unique from human buildings
I think you are talking about old demon slaves building - maybe I'm not right probably - . They are sure unique, but a "bit" brutal by look. Probably Shar decided to not use them anymore

Level 27
I think that for gameplay reason, the DS's building are just remodeled Human buildings. So in missions where another Human faction is available (Golden Guard, Ironfist, etc), the model can't be swapped around, since it would be weird for Renald to have a Temple in the middle of his base.

"Why don't just make custom buildings?" Well, as someone who works with the Editor and all of its bugs, this can be time-consuming as shit, and JASS A.I sometimes just decide to be a dick and not work as intended.

Level 21
Wondering if Maronogin will replace Dogran with an 'Orc'. They need a champion after all.
On that note, no clan outside Cliffhunter and Ravaging Fire has a chieftan anymore, right? Goldaxe has one, but he's sneaky and you know what I mean in terms of Dogran.

Tangent: True Story's Risen Resistance chapter is going to be so pogged off, I'm really looking forward to it.

Level 9
On that note, no clan outside Cliffhunter and Ravaging Fire has a chieftan anymore, right? Goldaxe has one, but he's sneaky and you know what I mean in terms of Dogran.
Bloodhand - Destroyer dead (Kill by Terminator)
Deathbreeze - Rangul and Ephsrog dead (Kill by Redfist)
Darkmind - Rath dead (Kill by Zoia)
Ironthunder - Lokar and old chieftain dead (Betrayed by Inara)
Goldaxe - Dogran dead (Kill by Undead)
Skullblade - Gorthog dead (And alive xD) (Kill by Bull Regiment)
If you include Mogthar they too have no chieftain.

The orcs was slaughtered in act 8, oh my God.

We will see fusion of clans? Like Bloodhand and Darkmind absorbing minor clans without leader? My bet, Bloodhand + Cliffhunter, Ironthunder + Darkmind (Despite Darkmind have only Inara i think) leading by Inara

Level 8
Bloodhand - Destroyer dead (Kill by Terminator)
Deathbreeze - Rangul and Ephsrog dead (Kill by Redfist)
Darkmind - Rath dead (Kill by Zoia)
Ironthunder - Lokar and old chieftain dead (Betrayed by Inara)
Goldaxe - Dogran dead (Kill by Undead)
Skullblade - Gorthog dead (And alive xD) (Kill by Bull Regiment)
If you include Mogthar they too have no chieftain.
I do see the fusion of clans as inevitable. This will create order, even if each clan has their own beliefs.

Bloodhand - probably Okri (+Cliffhunter Clan)
Deathbreeze - Grofzag, very likely
Darkmind - Possibly Inara (+Ironthunder Clan)
Ironthunder - likely to merge with other clans (+Ironthunder Clan)
Goldaxe - still Maronogin, but I'm curious if there's gonna be a new champion for the clan. Hortnog is more negotiator than fighter
Skullblade - Possibly still Gorthog, he will just separate or treat the Moghtar as pets or beasts rather than actual orcs (+Moghtar)
Y'all can look forward to Risen Resistance, I can tell you that much. :peasant-cool:
It will be a banger!
If our man himself says so, it's bound to be a banger.

Level 27
For Risen Resistance, I wanna see the Scarec flying brothers return to pester the Orcs (whose names I forgot), and perhaps we can trim the cast a little bit, with an epic Borean vs Darkfang battle too.

But before that, we have Dark Sea. I want to play a sea level with more Murloc/Naga units, as overpowered as they may be.

Level 9
Goldaxe - still Maronogin, but I'm curious if there's gonna be a new champion for the clan. Hortnog is more negotiator than fighter
Skullblade - Possibly still Gorthog, he will just separate or treat the Moghtar as pets or beasts rather than actual orcs (+Moghtar)
Bloodhand + Cliffhunter would be the most powerful clan of Dominion i think, the most numerous, with more strength and variaty, leading by Okri
Deathbreeze i think Amari would suceed (Making a interestly choice because she was the most capable since the beginning before her exile)
Darkmind + Ironthunder leading by Inara (It will interestly when Gorthog confront her)
Vanessa have a relation with Goldaxe clan, maybe she become a chieftain? Or that dreadlord just have someone to substitute Dogran.

In the mission Legion, Vanessa suggests call Mogthar to Dominion, and now that Gorthog is a Moghtar, it's possible, imagine Skullblade + Moghtar + That all of beasts that Gorthog control. And if Gorthog contront Inara, maybe is even possible absorbing Ironthunder and Darkmind

This slaughter maybe will turn the Dominion (More specifically the orckind) more strong that they were before.

Level 21
I originally thought all the clans would fold in, but the Drums in the South story seems to have some separate.

My predictions:

Cliffhunter absorbs Bloodhand (Okri)
Deathbreeze absorbs Skullblade (Grofzag)
Ironthunder absorbs Darkmind (leadership is questionable since Inara's role is questionable - hell, maybe it could even be Sasrogarn)
Ravaging Fire is a strong independent clan that don't need no man (Zairmak)

------------ These above four remained distinct based on SOB and the Drums of the South short story

Goldaxe may have Vanessa as their public facing leader and I don't think Maronogin would allow this clan to be absorbed by another. Possibly won't even join the Dominion, so Vanessa's role is up in the air.
Moghtar will remain a separate faction that either joins the Dominion or doesn't, but I personally don't see Gorthog coming back in as a leader of non-Moghtar.

Last edited:
Level 19
Goldaxe may have Vanessa as their public facing leader and I don't think Maronogin would allow this clan to be absorbed by another. Possibly won't even join the Dominion, so Vanessa's role is up in the air.
Gold Axe could possibly become the Black Thorn Mercenary group. Their activities are evident in the tales of Arkain.

Level 27
After all of this, I still don't know much about Inara. Is she really Zoia's sleeper agent, or does she just adopt an extreme mindset necessary for her survival after being captured?

Grofzag is also a great guy, don't get me wrong, but I also think he's more of a soldier than a leader. The Dominion may be more politically complex than the OG Orc, so it can be hard for him to navigate through that bs.

The Skullblade may accept Gorthog back, but Amari may send some of her New Guard to spread propaganda about Gorthog, turning his own clansmen against him.

Also, Sasrogarn as the new Ironthunder chief can be interesting. He may be used a figurehead in exchange for his life, but also, he has above average magical prowess (summon a fucking Volcano) despite being a coward, so he can put his skills to good use at his new home.

Level 21
After all of this, I still don't know much about Inara. Is she really Zoia's sleeper agent, or does she just adopt an extreme mindset necessary for her survival after being captured?
I look at it this way - Inara has been instrumental to deviations from the human and orc books which are explained in-universe as visions of Aridon's - most recently killing Lokar. One character in particular is willing and capable of messing with Aridon's sense of foresight as we saw at the end of SUB.

Further, Inara has the Mark of Chaos ability, something Aedale gets when going down the Dark One path. It's a wacky theory, but I feel like the set up is sneakily there. She just as likely could simply be really really mad LOL.

To further expand on this theory that I've made up, look at the major players that impact how things change between the books and True Story. Two major inflections involve Blen's fate and how SHB ends. The major players involved are Aedale and Inara (and Zoia). Kind of fun to imagine these major changes are related in-universe to Tregakh but I'm skeptical Shar would have planned anything like that over such a long period of time.

Last edited:
Level 9
To further expand on this theory that I've made up, look at the major players that impact how things change between the books and True Story. Two major inflections involve Blen's fate and how SHB ends. The major players involved are Aedale and Inara (and Zoia). Kind of fun to imagine these major changes are related in-universe to Tregakh but I'm skeptical Shar would have planned anything like that over such a long period of time.
Have a time gap between the first act 2 and siege of kome when Inara reappered changed, from a civilian orc to a powerful warrior that Wolf Regiment spare, what happened to her in this time is the question. Maybe Largoth give her some minor power? We know that Largoth work for the Dark One (Or is the Dark One), i will not be surprised (Lie, i will), if Inara is a servant of Dark One, and is working for destroy the balance of Aridon.

Lokar leaving Arkain with Ironthunder clan, back to orc island would weaken Dominion, that need all strength possible to defeat the undead army.

If Blen die, Aedale turn more sucetible to Lisara posses, if Dominion fight and win against Bonelords and another Nexus, this benefits Tregakh and weakling Aridon. Specially now that we know that Tregakh sank the land of orcs. Maybe Tregakh was seeking send a force capable of defeat Aridon since the beginning? This will make sense!

I dont think that skill Mark of Chaos is a foreshadow to Tregakh, because the skill Avenge that call meteor, appear in characters connect to demon magic, or have some wrath like Volarian, Rath, Aedale with exception to Scarlet. I think this is only for gameplay enjoyment. BUT will be very interestly if Avenge skill of Rath have a cause, because until Siege of Kome he was a level 5 warrior 👀 But again, this have sense because the wrath, and vengeance of know what "Blen" do based in what Inara said make him unlock that skill, thats make sense again.

Or like you said, is that Inara is a agent of Zoia, all True Story Inara blame Blen for the slaughter of Darkmind altough Genethas, Zoia and Lerrig have equal fault, like her preparing someone to kill Greymore like we seen in "A better dish served cold", Blackwolf using the Darkmind to destroy Golden Guard fortress, and now Inara kill another chieftain orc. A betrayer of a group, is more dangerous that a enemy outside! Genethas is the proof of this. The most effective way is destroying the enemy from inside.

Like Demons in the final of SHB, Ebira abandonning Kersidar to death.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
While going through some maps, I found a bug for Lords of the Golden Guard - causing a lore update that should appear not to appear.
This will get fixed in the next update - here you have the lore entry to read until then. ;)

(from the perspective of Flavius van Durce)
SWAMP DRAGONS
While nowhere near as sophisticated as their black dragon cousins, the Swamp Dragons are more united than the other dragons of this continent. They were also cunning enough to withdraw from all combat zones all over the Kingdoms, staying out of all wars since the days of the nation of Zyainor. According to what we managed to find out about their history, they are fierce rivals of the Black Dragons as they would have wanted their place as the dominant dragon species but due to lacking the intelligence of the Black Dragons were denied this place. When Zyainor fell, the Swamp Dragons left their homes to attack their cousins. They failed to defeat them but inflicted some casualties before returning to their swamps. Marin designed armors for them to make them more powerful as well as offering them a chance to fight their old rivals again. I suspect that he also promised them that they would finally get their place as the ruling class of all dragons on the continent. I wouldn't put it past him that the armors somehow made the swamp dragons more intelligent as well...

Level 20
Quite an important bit of information. I can understand the Black dragon's hatred/fear of the Swamp dragons in the latest Tale of Arkain. Attacking the black dragons when they were at their lowest at Zainor's fall... This was sure to leave a mark.

Still I don't quite understand what Flavius means by saying the swamp dragons "were denied this place" because of a lack of intelligence. Is it because the Black dragons could mingle with humans more easily ? Did they encourage the Zainese to hunt down the swamp dragons ? Is there a best Dragon tournament with an IQ test that the swamp dragons couldn't get past ?

Also, where are their swamps ? I don't think we've ever encountered a place that would qualify as a swamp (except maybe the pearl of Lor but that was after being corrupted). Are they hidden among the kingdoms or in more remote places ?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also, where are their swamps ? I don't think we've ever encountered a place that would qualify as a swamp (except maybe the pearl of Lor but that was after being corrupted). Are they hidden among the kingdoms or in more remote places ?
There is no "single" place. Basically they are hiding in swamps & caves within swamps all over the Kingdoms.

Level 20
From what I have been able to piece through regarding dragons most of them have a tribe/family structure they arent unifed at all (with the exclusion of the black dragons) So id say the Swamp dragons that Marin was able to contact weren't the entierty of their race, they might reside on the easter portion of Arakin (remeber up north was were black drakes resided) down south we have the bronze and red dragons so id make a fair assumption that the easter portion of the kingdoms is were the majortiy of the swamp dragons reside which makes it funny because that portion of the continet is also the last indepedant-ish sector.

Edit: Also the gnoll island seemed to give off swampy vibez as well so i'd say there might be pockets of swamp dragons there as well.