• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need artwork? Come here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
What RED_BARON has stated. Just to make sure you right click on the file and click on "Replace File" in order to save time.

*Also a great tool to preload mdx files so you do not need to restart warcraft 3 if you havent noticed.

If anyone needs complicated edits to their images, feel free to post here and I will be happy to help you out.

@ RED_BARON and OrangeAngel, perhaps I may be of assistance on this request. Orange, do you want the planet to still be green? Also you want the planet to be Earth or references a completely different planet?

EDIT: Heres something ive put together in photoshop. Its not done yet, but Im going to a party later tonight so heres just a preview of what exactly how its turning out. Hope you like it!
planetpreview.png

Last edited:
Level 7
What RED_BARON has stated. Just to make sure you right click on the file and click on "Replace File" in order to save time.

*Also a great tool to preload mdx files so you do not need to restart warcraft 3 if you havent noticed.

If anyone needs complicated edits to their images, feel free to post here and I will be happy to help you out.

@ RED_BARON and OrangeAngel, perhaps I may be of assistance on this request. Orange, do you want the planet to still be green? Also you want the planet to be Earth or references a completely different planet?

EDIT: Heres something ive put together in photoshop. Its not done yet, but Im going to a party later tonight so heres just a preview of what exactly how its turning out. Hope you like it!
planetpreview.png
Umm Wow. That looks REALLY Good! Now i cant wait to see the finished product!

Level 7
Arkon Kaos I have finished the multiple minimap previews with the different Versions text. I made version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 etc up to 2.0 since I figured not many maps make so many versions anyways. If you do need more let me know.

I have also included the .PSD photoshop template for you if you ever get PS. Itll make things easier for you, just in case though. Everything are in .tga format already and ready to be used.

Enjoy!

Now time to work on OrangeAngel's request.

Edit:

Finished your request Orange_Angel, here is a preview of the final product. Please confirm before the final .tga is uploaded. Sorry about the sun, at such a narrow angle with the sun in alignment to the moon and earth, in reality the sun's brightness would make the sun and moon black and it wouldnt look real at all. To fix the issue I adapted the sun to have an offset from the position of the moon and earth and was able to add the lens flare without it looking weird. Hope you like it

Attachments

• Sins of War 1.0-2.0.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • planet_orangeangel.png
    planet_orangeangel.png
    120 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Level 35
Its a Loading Screen And it Looks AMAZING +Rep

Yes, its a really good appliance of the planet tutorial and lens flare, clearly shows that he put a good amount of time into this.

Great work :thumbs_up:

(I saw it and skipped the idea of improving it (don't have the time), though I was tempted to create the sun before you returned.. but figured you deserved to finish it).

Level 1
Questions

Hi!

This looks awesome, just the thing i needed. I do have some questions first:

Will any format do?

Can I post several pics at once?

Level 35
Hi!

This looks awesome, just the thing i needed. I do have some questions first:

Will any format do?

Can I post several pics at once?

To answer:

1:
No and yes.. Any file format is fine, but if your refering to size it needs to be close to 512x512 or larger. Smaller pictures can work, but will be blurry (unless for a map preview, in which case 256x256 will do).

2:
Yes, feel free to do so.. though consider that the more pictures the longer it takes. :wink:

Level 35
Level 3
Request a standard loading screen where you can put in text etc etc.

Thanks, would like both done for different versions. Sorry if I'm newb, only my 2nd major project.

EDIT: feel free to resize and cut out stuff if needed.

Attachments

• Battleships 3.JPG
    Battleships 3.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Battleships 2.JPG
    Battleships 2.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 58
Level 7
Here orangeangel I made it up to you. I resampled the textures and everything so that I similarly produced same quality without pixelizing it too much.

Here you go, hope you like it.

Im really sorry about the quality. I didnt just resize it, I completely recreated the entire thing. If you compare this to the map preview they look completely different so dont kill me!! );
attachment.php

Attachments

• loadingscreen_orangeangel.jpg
    loadingscreen_orangeangel.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 174
Level 7
Okay working on it. Im going to resample the textures again and try to overlay the high quality portions over the blurred ones.

Also Im on my sisters laptop and I notice the ugl white lines around the earth as well as an emerging horizontal line at the top of the image. Those werent intended.

The image on the laptop looks horrible, so Im going to redo the entire thing again for you. Sorry!

Level 35
Can't everyone make a loading screen themselves? If you think it's too hard, you could even use Magos Model Editor's loading screen creator. It's easier done than said. xP

Or is this about making loading screens from scratch? Photoshopping.

You clearly haven't read much of this thread :wink:

We do everything here.. from modeling to signatures, textures, icons, previews, loadingscreens, logo's, map testing... yea you name it.. When even give advice and guide people around :thumbs_up:

So yea, its a lot more then just converting.. the converting is more of a service, for those who want it to work the first time and often also like to have some minor things fixed quick and easy.

Wow, this is still going, any progress on my request?

Of course it is still going.. but what was your request again :hohum: I appear to have forgotten.. busy busy, but remind me and I will do it. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.