• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need artwork? Come here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
loading screen

Could you make this into a loading screen for me please??
zombies.jpg

Is this thread dead?
Why don't you post a tutorial so the lazy bastards can do it themselves?
Hell, I'll do it.

You'll need GIMP(or something similar), Irfanview(optional), and Warcraft 3 Viewer, all free.

1.Open up in GIMP. Crop and resize your image until it is 1024x768, with 768 always being the height, or Y axis.
View attachment 85891

2.From the top left corner, select from each corner a region. It should be 512x256, with 512 on the X axis. Copy and paste it into a new image and save as tga(Truevision Targa) with either Irfanview or GIMP. Do this again starting from the top right corner.
View attachment 85893

3.From the bottom left corner, select from each corner a region. It should be 256x256. Copy and paste it into a new image and save as tga. Do this again with starting from the bottom right corner.
View attachment 85894

4.Convert them into .blp with Warcraft 3 Viewer and import into your map, using either a Loading Screen model, or replacing an existing loading screen, and changing it ingame.

View attachment 85895

View attachment 85896

And if this thread is still alive, I'd like to join and help the team.

Last edited:
Level 7
Here you go Zenonoth, I hope you like it and dont forget to +rep :)
Also if this thread isnt dead I would like to join the team in helping create loading screens. It would be recommended to pm me for quick requests.

wowvioletrequest_preview.jpg

Attachments

• HQ_WoWViolet_Request.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Level 7
Pretty gross picture, the rep better be worth it (;
Anyways here you go iown_azz, just download the attachment, and import it using the custom pathing "war3mapPreview.tga" without quotes of course.

Note: I removed the "00" on the left side of the image, courtesy of service :)

Attachments

• war3mapPreview.tga
    256 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Quite the interesting picture it is haha
Your very welcome iown_azz, dont forget to +rep :)

Edit:
Heres the other requests coming along the way:

This loading screen is particularly for Archipelago. Please download the file attachment and import the files. Make sure you remove the "war3mapImported" so that the pathing would be only "LoadingScreenTL.tga". Heres a screenshot of how it looks like.
curatorwars_loadingpreview.jpg

This is for Bowser499, I wasnt sure exactly which "Black Stripes" you wanted me to edit, so I was guessing it was the black stripes on his body and not his clothing also. Anyways here you go!
bowser499_texture_edit.jpg

Dont forget to rep :)

Attachments

• HQ_curator_TW_LoadingScreen.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Level 7
Youre welcome iown_azz :)

Hey atmosferic since i helped you out mind helping me out, i got a map im workin on and id like you to play it and see if you can make a nice load screen for it based on the gameplay. PM if you will.
Sure InfinateAnswers, I mean youve been helping me loads on my triggers and maps lately. Ill produce a quality loading screen for you, just send me the map through pm and Ill see what I can whip up :D

If you want Ill also make a custom Minimap Preview if you like

Level 7
I have finished your request Zenonoth. I have removed the default WoW loading bar for you.

To implement the loading screen to your map you must first extract the file HQ_wowreq2_ss.rar

You should have the following files listed below:
Code:
LoadingScreen.mdx
LoadingScreenTL.tga
LoadingScreenTR.tga
LoadingScreenBL.tga
LoadingScreenBR.tga

Go to your importer in World Editor (F12-TFT) and import the files. The .mdx file can have any model path you like. The tga files (loadingscreenTL.tga etc) should NOT have the "war3imported\" prefix.

Proper pathing:
war3imported\LoadingScreenTL.tga

LoadingScreenTL.tga

Once you have imported and set the proper pathing to each tga file, go to Scenario>Map Loading Screen... in your World Editor. Tick the "Use Imported File" and select the .MDX file we have imported. In this case it would be the included "LoadingScreen.mdx" you uploaded earlier.

Save the map and test it, if loaded properly it will look like the screen in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• HQ_wowreq2_ss.rar
    930.5 KB · Views: 30
  • HQ_wowreq2_screen.jpg
    HQ_wowreq2_screen.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 89
Level 7
Fail if you ask me, map size should always be at first place!

You can use reduce image quality to 70% (It will still look same, more or less)
but file size will be reduced more than 50%!

Be nice. Of course map size is the top priority, but you advocate as if image quality compression is the hardest thing in the world when in fact its rather simple.

Also mapsize is only an issue for bnet maps, if its a campaign no one really cares.

Level 12
@ iown_azz

there are about 5 valid sizes :p and 256x256 is one of the biggest size (some people dont need 256X256 and go for smaller ones :p

Somewhat on-topic:
my theory on UFOs seems to be correct, RED got abducted, i guess theyre probing him just about now ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.