• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Naga Map Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi there! I currently need some ideas for my sweet Naga map (cheers!). I had some of my ideas already, but go ahead, you can suggest something (wink; wink).

>>Buildings

Townhall:
212206-albums7153-picture86096.png

212206-albums7153-picture86097.png

212206-albums7153-picture86098.png

Basic War Producer:
212206-albums7153-picture86089.png

Altar:
212206-albums7153-picture86088.png

Food Producer:
212206-albums7153-picture86091.png

Research:
212206-albums7153-picture86093.png

Shop:
212206-albums7153-picture86094.png

Tower:
212206-albums7153-picture86099.png

Caster Producer:
212206-albums7153-picture86090.png

Aerial/Advance War Producer:
212206-albums7153-picture86087.png

Ultimate:
212206-albums7153-picture86100.png

Special
212206-albums7153-picture86095.png

>>Systems

Water Construction
-When the worker leaves a current building in construction, the building will slowly decrease health.
The only way to save the building from exploding is that the worker continues constructing.
(rulerofiron99)

Mur'gul Slave Harvest
-(Wisp-gather style)

Coral Bed Lumber
-Lumber is automatically extracted from Coral Beds.
-You need to build a lot of Coral Beds to start kicking.

>>Units
*currently in need of your ideas

Yay! That's it. Sorry for the long post though. Be sure to leave an idea, even if only just one, tiny bit.
>>Credits for; Tarrasque, Misha, Callahn, Chucky, Ujimasa Hojo, and AndrewOverload519.

Last edited:
Level 30
Let me see... seeing that this is a Naga Race, how about when you are building on shallow water or deep water, the construction time for a building or repairing time becomes faster together with your idea of health slowly decreasing when left in construction would do well if you are to ask me. Also, give buildings life regeneration when constructed on water areas.

Also, I think it would be better when murgul mines, it's in a style of peasant mining for gold in mining gold instead of wisp-style but depends on you. Would you prefer the wisp style with unit capacity for a mine to hold or peasant style without unit capacity. As for the lumbers, yes, I think it should be automatically extracted.

Level 7
the construction time for a building or repairing time becomes faster together with your idea of health slowly decreasing when left in construction would do well if you are to ask me. Also, give buildings life regeneration when constructed on water areas.

The idea is pretty well-fit for the Naga race; I would implement it, but I can't. If somebody would willing to create a system for me, then--yeah.

Also, I think it would be better when murgul mines, it's in a style of peasant mining for gold in mining gold instead of wisp-style but depends on you.

I think having a mine with a unit-capacity is neat. But, I'm still on my decision.

Hydro coil could be the building which provides nearby buildings regenation, and it should be placed in water

The idea--I admit is great, but the problem is the map scarcity. I would plan it to be installed in different maps so that players won't be bored playing on the same map again and again. Finding a map with great shallow water placements is good, or I'll just have to find a custom-made?

I was hoping for an RPG with breeding grounds.. but oh well. What do you have in mind currently for Hydrocoil, aside from the above said?

What d'ya mean?

Well, I had planned it to be some sort of tower where it will support a vast amount of range--like regeneration or somewhat burning aura for the enemy. But, I'm still unsure of it.

Last edited:
Level 5
well in my opinion, if you could make something like blight (undead) for buildings where you're only able to build buildings on (except for temple of tides)

and for Hydrocoil , i'd personally make a different building that produces lumber automatically instead of coral bed , but if you're using this model, then i suggest you to make it reveal invisible units or make it a goblin observatory like-building , which has the reveal ability

and for the units :

Temple Of Tides :
-Mur'gul Slave : Builder and Harvester (yes, make it train Slaves only please)
Spawning Ground :
-Mur'gul Warrior (or Reaver) : A Tier 1 Mur'gul Melee Unit , which costs 2 food, much like Footman and Ghoul
-Mur'gul Hunter : A Tier 1 Mur'gul Ranged Unit (whatever is the weapon, but the best weapon would be Spears), it costs 3 food and give it an ability like Ensnare
too lazy to find ideas for others , but i suggest you to make unique race, don't make the 3rd unit in Spawning Ground A Melee Tier 3 (Human)/Flying Tier 2 (Undead)/Siege (Orc/Night Elf) , make it Support maybe , or another Ranged Unit

here's a guide for making a race

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93188

Last edited:
Level 7
well in my opinion, if you could make something like blight (undead) for buildings where you're only able to build buildings on (except for temple of tides)

Yes!

and for Hydrocoil , i'd personally make a different building that produces lumber automatically instead of coral bed , but if you're using this model, then i suggest you to make it reveal invisible units or make it a goblin observatory like-building , which has the reveal ability

Could be, but it would be pretty much a hassle to build something like that in a bulk so you can harvest lumber? I think it would be pretty sweet for the Coral Beds to do it; Food + Lumber. Besides, it's Naga, and corals are supposed to be the base of their construction.

Great idea. It could be a multi-purpose building? Or just reveal and teleport--my idea--?

Level 5
Yes!

Could be, but it would be pretty much a hassle to build something like that in a bulk so you can harvest lumber? I think it would be pretty sweet for the Coral Beds to do it; Food + Lumber. Besides, it's Naga, and corals are supposed to be the base of their construction.

Great idea. It could be a multi-purpose building? Or just reveal and teleport--my idea--?

this is brilliant idea , if you can make it a Teleporting Building , do it , you can add a Revealing Ability and Magic Sentry like Building , 3 In 1 :grin:

Level 7
Units

I managed to brainstorm, and here's what I have thought:

>Townhall:
-Mur'gul Slave: primary worker. Can use the Reef Mine ability to turn gold mines into Coral Mines.

>Basic War Producer:
-Incursor: light melee unit; lesser version of Myrmidon.
*Myrmidon: upgraded version of Incursor. Has the ability of Resistant Scales.
-Mur'gul Tidehunter: light range unit. (Requires the Research building.)
-?

>Caster Producer
-Siren: first caster unit.
-Mur'gul Raincaster: second caster unit.
-Couatl: light aerial-caster unit. (Requires the Shop building.)

>Advanced War Producer:
-Sea Drake?: med aerial unit.
-Hydragon: heavy aerial-siege unit. Has the Drench ability.

>Ultimate:
-Torwtle?: ownage unit.

Gawd, finding an epic name for the units is hard. And, abilities?

Resistant Scales:

-just like magic or whatever immunity.

Drench:
-passive knock-back.

I think I'll need your suggestions on this.

and for the units :

Temple Of Tides :
-Mur'gul Slave : Builder and Harvester (yes, make it train Slaves only please)
Spawning Ground :
-Mur'gul Warrior (or Reaver) : A Tier 1 Mur'gul Melee Unit , which costs 2 food, much like Footman and Ghoul
-Mur'gul Hunter : A Tier 1 Mur'gul Ranged Unit (whatever is the weapon, but the best weapon would be Spears), it costs 3 food and give it an ability like Ensnare
too lazy to find ideas for others , but i suggest you to make unique race, don't make the 3rd unit in Spawning Ground A Melee Tier 3 (Human)/Flying Tier 2 (Undead)/Siege (Orc/Night Elf) , make it Support maybe , or another Ranged Unit

here's a guide for making a race

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93188

Gush. I think I should put just one Mur'gul in Basic War and Caster Producer buildings, just like the Orcs. But, oh well, could be?

And, thanks for the referred link. It did helped me a lot thinking about this.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
A sad reality. Anyway, I'm halfway done to putting the draft on a wc3 map. I'll attach it when I''ll get spare time.
Oh nonsense. Not only is your work half cut out for you when making Naga (literally about half the race, especially if you include the Summoner & the Royal Guard), but the Hive is loaded with Naga models. Excellent ones, too (just check Tarrasque (jigrael); he is to Naga what -Grendel is to skeletons :p)

Level 7
Oh nonsense. Not only is your work half cut out for you when making Naga (literally about half the race, especially if you include the Summoner & the Royal Guard), but the Hive is loaded with Naga models. Excellent ones, too (just check Tarrasque (jigrael); he is to Naga what -Grendel is to skeletons :p)

It is, but no. Not all naga models fit the designed race. If you would, really, help, then that would be great.

Level 7
Draft 1

Okay, so I managed to complete the units and abilities and etc. for the Basic War Producer:

>Basic War Producer (Spawning Grounds)
-Incursor: Basic naga unit. Has the Tidal Cleave ability.

*Okay, so Tidal Cleave is passive ability of the unit. It is different from the in-game Cleaving Attack cause it has more damage and a custom icon.

--Myrmidon: A potent amphibious warrior. Has the Tidal Cleave and Slithereen Howl which provokes nearby enemy units.

*Same Tidal Cleave, and Slithereen Howl works like Taunt, but if the enemy refuses, they will receive damage; Defense increases in ability duration.

-Mur'gul Tidehunter: Versatile mur'gul minion. Can learn Parasitism.

*Range. Parasitism is an upgrade which enables all mur'gul units to infect other enemy units, creating a battalion of mur'guls. Hohohoho--

-Abyssal Guard: Defender of the Abyss. Can learn Resistant Scales. Has the ability Storm Surge.

*Tier-3. Mountain Giant-like. Resistant Scales makes him immune to magic and reduce incoming attack by 75%. Storm Surge is a passive version of Impale.

Level 18
Mur'gul Slave(worker)
Mur'gul Reaper(primary attack)Can learn Cannabalize and Dashing Blades(CS)
Snap Dragon(secondry attack)has poison attacks but low hit points. Can learn Scaley skin which allows them to deflect negative spell
Naga Mymirdon(third tier unit)Can learn Ensnare(Web) and Slime which evades attack
Siren(Same)
Priestess(2 Spellcaster Summoner Model)
Mur'gul Shadowcaster(3 Spellcaster any mur'gul)
Coualt(Flying Support and seige)
Dragon Turtle(Seige)
Marauder(Fast Seige)Low hit points but fast attack
Royal Guard(Ulti attack)Same

Level 2
maybe the murgul reaper can change to murgul tidewarrior,princess change to naga summoner(maybe summon some murguls or water elements) because princess is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.