• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rotating a building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi all again! :)

since the naga race lacks a building like the other races, to purchase mana pots, scrolls etc, i made one for them

i took the orc's Vodoo Lounge as the basis, since nagas are really powerfull in melee

then, i changed it to look like the regular Coral Bed structure, with a different tint and like it so far ; obviously, i made the Mur'Gul Slave be able to build it

i named it Coral Reef (silly maybe...:p)

it works great! i even customized the pots, scrolls etc to fit the Nagas, since nagas dont have town hall upgrades

i do have one simple question - is it possible to make it so that when the worker finishes building the Coral Reef, the bulding appears rotated from the normal angle it usually is... ?

right now, the building is just a bigger Coral Bed (naga supply building) with same orientation.

is it possible to change the angle or rotate it, when its finished beeing constructed...? (to make it look more different)

PS: ofc, what i really wanted to ask is if its possible to add something, i.e. those shells doodads from Environment to the model...but i guess thats allready a hole different ball game :)

Level 25
You can rotate it using a model editor, but the only one I know how (magos aka war 3 model editor) will cause all the animations to become wonky.

You could also try making the building into a building that can rotate, like ancients. There's a tutorial in the tutorials section that explains how to do this for any building, and that should allow you to rotate the building using unit - make unit face angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.