• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How do i make a doodad like a tree. {changing the model of a tree}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am making a underwater naga map and since trees cant be there im going to have coral. But i need to know how to make coral have the same attributes like a tree (ie can be cut continually). But when i tried to make a tree have the art model file of the coral i didnt work out because when i loaded the map the objects were invisible, and i usually know how to make models that dont load there models properly work but i can't fix it. Is there a trick to it or i cant because the model file for coral has 5 variations and the thing can't pick one.

Please help.

Level 3
I tried it but didnt work.

{EDIT}
Nevermind i set the variation to 1 at now it works

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
A new question has risen since i got that one fixed.
How do i change the death of the coral because once it has been stripped of all the wood i could get out of it etc. it now has the same model just sitting there. i would like to make the model have a different death but not sure how(ie when trees die they become stumps, and i would like corals death to be just little rocks on the ground)

Level 4
Maybe if you get into triggers, Make the trigger something like

Event-
Destructible - A destructible within area | Entire map <gen> | dies
Conditions
(If your only destructibles are coral in the map, then this isnt needed, but if it is youll have to make one for coral.
Actions-
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Create new doodad in place. I am not sure how to do this, To spawn a doodad that is, you'll have to figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.