• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Heroic Conquest Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I have recently updated my map to have a different resource system in which you can build gold mines on circles of power (essentially haunted gold mines on gold mines) which will produce a small amount of income on its own, and then you can choose to put up to four workers into a gold mine to increase your income even further.

I was thinking of the possibility of other resource structures, such as one for population (currently, the only way to increase your population is to research Housing), as well as maybe some more obscure ideas.

However, I was unsure as to whether these structures should also have the capacity to increase their effect by putting workers into them. What do you think? I'm interested to hear your ideas and suggestions :)

Aaaand if you have any ideas for alternate "resource" ideas (maybe one that increases your allies' attack in a certain area, one that raises the dead into a limited number of zombies, etc.), I would be interested in hearing those, too :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Sounds interesting. I don't think that housing should have this option, too. It makes no sense to me.

For other resources, maybe something like a radar station which increases a/some stat/s and which can load workers to increase its efficiency.
Basically, you could make everything being influenced by loaded workers.
Barracks produce faster with more workers, big units like ships and tanks/machines could be stronger with more workers loaded in.

It is a very interesting concept one can greatly extend.

Level 28
Consider having buildings evolve as you put more people in them, gaining additional health, self-repair, self-defense and abilities/units...

A fully populated (whatever the maximum transport capacity is, unless the workers are removed from the game when populating) building would have (for example) spiked barricades, reinforced masonry and spell resistance, repair itself, some independent attacks, accelerated construction for cheaper, and access to unique abilities and units. The downside would be the very high cost and time of getting workers in the buildings.

For example, putting workers inside resource processing buildings (lumber mills etc.) gets a slight lumber bonus for every load brought in, getting the building to maximum level lets you build shredders.

Filling up housing gives a defense bonus to nearby units (they're fighting to protect their homes now) that increases with the number of workers, and possibly occasionally creating new workers for free.

Level 35
well it is an income based system which i managed to tweak around to get it to increase via decimal points (which due to resources being an integer value requires the implementation of modulars), but those are some interesting ideas, keep them coming please :D

having various tiers of abilities dependent on how many workers you have in the building is an interesting concept to play around with, as is the aura ideas

oh, i don't think i mentioned that the ability i'm using for putting the workers in the gold mines is the Orc Burrow's Battle Stations ability (so you can click it from the mine to pull nearby workers into it immediately as required) and that lumber is presently used as a counter for how much income you get every 30 seconds (may be extended to every minute) while the income itself trickles in every 0.1 seconds

i was thinking that maybe there could be something like a healing aura building that gets placed on a circle of power, and maybe you could put more workers into it to increase its effectiveness - alternatively, it could be a flat bonus and not allow workers inside it at all
i am also similarly considering an attack aura as well as an area in which a building can raise the dead back as zombies

Level 12
Lets see :
Bloodlust (you gain it by killing enemy units and it decreese when you dont kill anyone for a certain time)
Nature bond (it increese when your units are near to trees and nature and it decreese when you are on wastelands and deserts )
Population happyness ( it increese where the density of your population is low and it decreese where the density is high )
Iron (this resource determine the attack and armore of your units, you gain in by iron mines )

Status
Not open for further replies.