• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
well, about the summoner, I tried to make the naga race more akin to the campaign and not too undead-thingy... of course, I don´t say that this is the ultimate naga race, it's just a mere personal version

i dont' know about the coral beds... anyway, the azshara stone already replenish mana for the units...

also I hadn't figured out the 4th hero

Level 21
-I agree with Misha the mana stone is redundant, better merge it with coral. Its not really worth to wait 3 tiers for it.
-The Slave lumber system is also redundant as regular murgul slaves carry 20 wood. Better get 4 regular slaves to get 80 wood then to get turtle slaves that get 25.
-The Sky hunter also feels out of place as it is really week and only reason to get it is net ability, better get couatl as they have higher damage.
-Murgul reavers are rather useless until they get HP upgrade. Really low health and weakest armor type possible doesn't make the foot troopers able to survive much.
-I was surprised to see that Royal Guard is intel hero when he looks like strength hero. And his ult is just evil. It actually literally kills after 10 seconds any unit targeted by it. The other hero just gets paladins lvl1 shield as ultimate with only mana cost and cooldown increased.
-There are icons problems like Shop icon being green, Upgrade Azshara's Will uses passive icon instead of regular and sorcerer activated auto cast is the disabled version.
-Turtle doesn't actually need upgrade to use devour.

These are the bugs and problems I found so far hope this helps in killing them.

Level 3
thanks for the advise Vel, a soon as I get back I'll try to fix those bugs...

as for the shop icon, it works for me, but it doesn't in others pc's (also, I've checked the pathing in the import manager and it's ok, so I have no idea what could be wrong :/ )

and the Reavers, yeah, they're weak (the idea was to have them spawned in pairs, but keeping them as cannon folder, you know, simmilar to the zergling in starcraft... but making them with low attack, so players won't rush every time -well that was the idea-) but yeah, at least i'm going to change the armor type al least

azshara's stone is going to be merged, don't worry; but doing so will leave an empty space for tier 3 building, so I'll have to think in something else

Level 21
Huh weird icon bug then. I don't have required knowledge to help you there.

Well the idea is ok about dual foot soldier its just need better armor, or HP upgrade in tier 1, or maybe third mur'gul upgrade? Guess also separate upgrades that cost less would be appreciated as default naga upgrades are expensive. Also zerglings work better as starcraft is more unit spam oriented RTS while Wc3 requires less units but stronger. Still better then that rather overpowered campaign reaver that costed 120 and had attack equal to grunt.

Well you could have higher tier upgrade building? Also, though it is abused concept, maybe a tier flyer building or special building for myrmidons? Usually race always has tier 3 building that produces their strongest unit.

I should also thank you, this map sort of inspired me to return to work after I get some free time.

Level 3
Nice one Misha.

Funny enough, I thought of making an upgrade for the Myrmidon (as the berserk upgrade for the Trolls), changing them as mechanical/undead type (no hp regen, can only be repaired, etc)... I got the idea after reading The Road of Kings, by Karl Edward Wagner (summing up, it features the Final Guard; once living men, but thanks to nigromantic magic, they became indestructible warriors made of stone)

Level 3
what about using the Destroyer Form ability? Perhaps it can be disabled the "unchange" option...

Anyway, if I get some free time i'll test if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.