• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Citadel

IMPORTANT: You must set the custom path of the Portrait model to NagaCitadel\NagaBirth.mdx if you want it to work in a totally naga feel. as original birth anim wasn't working as it was needed
portrait is optional

well.. I always wondered why naga didn't get any upgrades to their main hall, so.. there you go :) It is inspired a bit by the Xel'Naga temple cinematic in SC-Broodwar Protoss campaign

EDIT: have added teamcolor to the little pillars at the front. but will not add the background color, that would require adding new anims that are merely copies and might not even work right.. so yeah..

Give credit to Misha if you use it or anger the naga fan group, lol

Lill help thanks goes to Thrikodius for some final touches

~Misha~

Keywords:
It's, a, 3-tier. naga, citadel, with, a, little, Xel'Naga, feel, to, it, :)
Contents

Naga Citadel (Model)

Naga Citadel (Model)

Reviews
17:59, 10th Jun 2011 anarchianbedlam: Hum, an interesting model, its not too often we see naga buildings, and this one looks good and works ingame. so, approved. useful.

M

17:59, 10th Jun 2011
anarchianbedlam: Hum, an interesting model, its not too often we see naga buildings, and this one looks good and works ingame. so, approved. useful.

Level 8
Great model, this will be very useful for naga themed maps.

Last edited:
Level 3
can you do one more upgrade, so the building would have as each races a starting state and two levels up ?

Level 14
AWESOME! make a Tier 3 Naga Town hall
Edit:Didnt see Alagremm's Comment so he has Tier 3 anways

after taking a closer look @ it i think that a few (minor) changes may be good in the model: the stone-part in the red circle looks too *humanish*/*human-styled*. Maybe it should be replaced with a Sunken Ruins-skin. Also a few of the pearls (purple circle) should be eventually replaced with skulls (not meaning the particular 1 in the circle, that change can be done 2 any of those pearls).
191965-albums4805-picture47545.jpg

Those are not must-changes, they are just optional ideas from me & my oppinion about it. Although i keep my 5/5 rating 4 it! GJ :thumbs_up:

after taking a closer look @ it i think that a few (minor) changes may be good in the model: the stone-part in the red circle looks too *humanish*/*human-styled*. Maybe it should be replaced with a Sunken Ruins-skin.
This was the best I could fit a skin with TC in
Also a few of the pearls (purple circle) should be eventually replaced with skulls (not meaning the particular 1 in the circle, that change can be done 2 any of those pearls).
Interesting.. but easily doable with slight texture edit :3
Those are not must-changes, they are just optional ideas from me & my oppinion about it. Although i keep my 5/5 rating 4 it! GJ :thumbs_up:
Thank you for the review :smile:

Level 2
Wow, awesome model! :vw_love: It is almost perfect... but, there are still some things I would like to comment (with your permission):

Level 1 and 2 are OK, but there are few things that bother me on lvl 3 (second upgrade).

unled2yg.jpg

I have always perceived naga as a anti-night-elven race. The night elves are afraid of arcane, the naga (ab)use it as much as they can. Therefore I love the rotating effect + the magical "curtain" (it looks, as if the building was sucking mana out of all surrounding enemy creatures). Although the lower ending is a bit too sharp, I don't mind it.
However, the surfaces of the raised columns would need a bit improvement. They look a bit crappy... the skin could use a bit improvement there. Or, the columns could be hollow, with some unearthly glow coming out of its dark tube...
The second thing that would require a slight make up is the circle in the center of the building. The first two models have there a serpent pillar with a pearl, but if you have enough serpent and pearls, try to add there the blue crystals from Dalaran lamps... 1 or 2 is more than enough :goblin_yeah:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Model looks really nice and finally we have certain building for naga's main hall with tiers upgrade.

Wow, awesome model! :vw_love: It is almost perfect... but, there are still some things I would like to comment (with your permission):

Level 1 and 2 are OK, but there are few things that bother me on lvl 3 (second upgrade).

unled2yg.jpg

However, as mentioned by Mezaluh, it would be nice if you could improve few details.
Rate: 4/5.

Level 3
Pretty Well Made, I think the 2nd version needs more ideas to improve on, but I really like it personally (and as a naga fan). Well done. 5/5 from me.