• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mysteriously healing enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Does it have an DDS(I heard some DDS use an *-1 spell reduction ability and then multiply the damage by -1 again and so know if it is an spell and stuff of this kind but the possibility it could invert damage is more an legend than other stuff)

DDS is a Damage Detection System. Though it functions properly most of the time, thread crashes can bug it. Thread crashes commonly happen when you divide by 0 or use an uninitialized variable, most likely a local.

Note that I don't know any thing in this matter and am just quoting edo494/Xonok because they answered me when I asked this as well.

Level 21
Who is the damage detection made by? Also, do you actually use damage modification or do you only use it to detect damage?

If it's the one by lfh and you need it, then you'd probably do better by just fixing up your damage handler(s).

Level 37
Who is the damage detection made by? Also, do you actually use damage modification or do you only use it to detect damage?

If it's the one by lfh and you need it, then you'd probably do better by just fixing up your damage handler(s).

I will check it out who made the system when I'm at home. I think I'm using the system mostly for Floating Text but perhaps there's like 1 ability that uses it too.

I'm not that good at coding and I didn't understand a bit about the system. I just put it to the campaign and hoped it to work. It seems like it gave me just more trouble. Shame.

I don't have motivation / time to try understand how to fix such a system / create my own. So I simply... Delete it I guess if it just removes the floating texts. Those are pretty useless anyway.

If all spells in your map that need detection are triggered, you can try Bribe's Damage Engine.

Not all spells are triggered; enemy spells are about 50% triggered. But all player's spells are triggered.

Sorry, worded it wrong. If all spells in your map that need to be identified in Damage Type are triggered, you can use Damage Engine.

Do you have damage types, such as physical, spell, special, etc. in your map? If not you can just use Damage Engine since though it does not detect which is spell damage and attack damage, it can help with floating text.

Level 14
I use his system to detect when damage is dealt and adjust it for critical hits. I had this same problem until I double checked the ability IDs that need to be changed in the jass part. Once I set them correctly it worked again.

Just make sure you follow all the steps exactly. Unless you have already fixed it, removed it, or figured it out. In that case just disregard. Good luck.

P.S. here is a link to the DDS I am using. I think it's the same one you were using.

Status
Not open for further replies.